Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

4 hours ago, Sonero said:

Silly posting aside, for some reason I thought that Chun and Guile were the ones who confronted Bison in the SF2 storyline. Ryu wins the tournament but plotwise it was Chu/Guile driving the story.

No idea who ends up winning the SFII tournament. Even the producers said that the character the player uses can be declared the canon winner (which is a very shotty way to dodge the subject). 

But assuming that the C. Viper Aftermath events are canon, then the the whole squad of Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, Cammy, and Guile all showdowned against M. Bison, with Chun-Li's kikosho almost being the crumpling blow before M. Bison self-destructed outta there.

7 hours ago, Scotia said:

The Luke showcase was pretty good! I thought it was much better paced than the Oro and Akira one and felt like they did a good job in showing off Luke. I thought it was really interesting that they showed off a bit of his character story, they've never done that for any other character which to me just reinforces that Luke is the next protagonist. They were dropping subtle hints to it as well throughout the showcase like Luke fighting Ryu, Alex and Rashid during his gameplay breakdown (I see you Capcom 👀). Nakayama straight up confirmed it later on Twitter though (along with Abel and Rashid being the protagonists of SF4 and 5 which is nice to have concrete confirmation for);

spacer.png

https://twitter.com/takaNakayama/status/1463374000667586561?s=20

As for Luke himself, I doubt I'll main him or anything but I'll definitely check him out. His story is interesting so far and I'm excited to see what happened to his Dad (I heard someone suggest a rogue Q attack which would be really interesting) , I just hope there's lots of SF6 teases in there lol. For me though I like his story costume the best, I think it fits him the most and I like how it looks. It should have been his default IMO. The MMA costume isn't that great, especially as a default, and I don't really like the jersey outfit because it reminds me too much of Thuganomics John Cena lmao. Overall though, not bad.

It was also really exciting to get the next SF project confirmed by them (which is totally not SF6 🤫)! I feel like old Capcom (aka Ono) would have never confirmed the game this far in advance so I'm glad they've improved their communication so much. Super excited for the future of SF!

yeah, Luke is almost 100% for sure gonna be the protag for SF6. I'm curious what main arc they will follow, and which characters will be directly or indirectly related to him. We've seen parts of his story that Guile (and even General Byron) have some interactions with him, so would it also be safe to assume that Guile's closest comrades Chun-Li and Cammy would have some interactions with Luke?

21 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

They said he has a connection to SF characters plural, so I'm thinking other than Guile, maybe Ryu & Alex (since they had him square off against them in the stream). Also, with them again confirming that he's got a role to play in the future, I'm really curious what exactly he's connected with, but also confirms they already have some idea of the story direction for 6.

With most of the story modes having 2 fights (3 tops), I wouldn't hold my breath to see much. One of his fights might be with Guile.

His dad, who he thought was a quiet, reserved man apparently gave his life to help evacuate people from some sort of disaster (there looks like a black swarming, swirling shadow) and it was several years prior to SFV. He's a little kid but appears to be a young man when he joins up, also, Guile's in his SFV look by then.

You mean the "dark cloud" behind Luke's dad?

spacer.png

That's a tree.

spacer.png

It's hard to guess what's his age is here. I would guess 12? He seems to be a little bit younger than young Ed from Shadow Falls. Luke seems to be in his late teens early twenties now. It'll be hard to know for sure. When Juri was released, not only her age was "accidentaly" revaled in an early profile, but it was also indirectly mentioned in her OVA.

"I won't lost to anybody!"- at first I thought he was gonna be a cocky , mma rookie wanting to be a bigshot, but now he looks like he wants to be stronger to protect people like his dad.

I thought he's both. Cocky, arrogant, hot-headed who also wants to be stronger to protect people like his dad.

13 hours ago, Scotia said:

His story is interesting so far and I'm excited to see what happened to his Dad (I heard someone suggest a rogue Q attack which would be really interesting) , I just hope there's lots of SF6 teases in there lol.

Lol! That would be interesting. However, the people fleeing in Luke's story are different from the ones that appear in Q's intros. There's even a teen wearing grey tank top. Ok. I know it's a different place and time but... that would be interesting and a MAJOR nod to Q's attack.

Also, there's the possibility that they would never reveal what the incident that took Luke's dad life was. Just like they never revealed the name of Rashid's hacker friend.

5 hours ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

yeah, Luke is almost 100% for sure gonna be the protag for SF6. I'm curious what main arc they will follow, and which characters will be directly or indirectly related to him. We've seen parts of his story that Guile (and even General Byron) have some interactions with him, so would it also be safe to assume that Guile's closest comrades Chun-Li and Cammy would have some interactions with Luke?

I was happy to see Byron again. But in Kolin's story, Guile calls him Colonel, not General.

10 hours ago, Daemos said:

They already did. It's called the Viper Aftermath video. It's been years beating on this dead horse, get over it.

If that was the case, why didn't Nakayama simply confirmed it? "The winner is whoever you choose. That trailer showed what happens after the tournament." There, end of story.

Instead, he simply ignored it. Just like Capcom has been doing with the 4 promo trailers for the past decade....

10 hours ago, Sonero said:

Silly posting aside, for some reason I thought that Chun and Guile were the ones who confronted Bison in the SF2 storyline. Ryu wins the tournament but plotwise it was Chu/Guile driving the story.

Yes, that could be an outcome, but, in the end, some of the endings doesn't require for Vega/Bison to be defeated.,.. so that battle doesn't have to happen at all.

People thought that it was Guile because he was the one holding Vega ready to finish him off and Chun-Li because of what Urien say to her in 3rd Strike.

5 hours ago, Scotia said:

SF2's story is such a mess now. Part of me feels like they should just retcon the whole thing because the remains of its retconned corpse offers barely anything substantial narrative-wise at this point.

Not quite. It's just it's outcome that is still controversial. Nothing really changed for the character's plot. Only a few minor details (like Zangief doesn't dancing with Gorbachev in, Vega mentioning to Cammy that she was his clone and the reasons whty Vega sponsored the tournament was revealed) was changed since Super Street Fighter II X/Turbo came out.

30 minutes ago, Lord_Vega said:

With most of the story modes having 2 fights (3 tops), I wouldn't hold my breath to see much. One of his fights might be with Guile.

You mean the "dark cloud" behind Luke's dad?

spacer.png

That's a tree.

spacer.png

Dear God, his father was killed by BIg Lumber! Damn you Arbor day! Lol, thanks for clearing that up dude, I appreciate it. On the topic of the Q attack, that theory comes from Steven Mane, I tend to disagree with his theories, but I agree, that one could be pretty cool. I wanna see more of Q and G as we're building up the lore for SF6, so that'd be neat.

I hope they link him to Joe at least to give him an honor of becaming a hero and influence a newer protag character even he is to bland to return.

1 hour ago, DarthEnderX said:

Edit:  Oh, Darc already said it.

When I saw the new Project L aesthetics i remembered you

So this question came into the mind What do think of League of Fighters/Project L's new aesthetics? If that's would be for a SF 6 or an SF spin off?

Edited by Shakunetsu
22 hours ago, Scotia said:

He didn't accelerate it though, Necalli did.

Bison used Necalli to accelerate it. Literally, Necalli is Bison's "plot device" in SF5. He even spells it out to you.

22 hours ago, Scotia said:

(except I hope Bison sits out 6 entirely outside of foreshadowing his return because we absolutely need a break from him for at least one game). 

Yeah, no. You see, I can't wait til SF7 to play Bison again, I'll be in my early-mid 40s by then. Time is a bitch. Sure I'll probably play him then still, with great glee and enthusiasm, but I would rather just do it in SF6.

They can leave him out for a season or several like Akuma/Gill. That will give you Bison haters 2-3 years of breathing room before you ultimately succumb to his charms again.

Edited by Daemos
1 hour ago, Daemos said:

Yeah, no. You see, I can't wait til SF7 to play Bison again, I'll be in my early-mid 40s by then. Time is a bitch. Sure I'll probably play him then still, with great glee and enthusiasm, but I would rather just do it in SF6.

They can leave him out for a season or several like Akuma/Gill. That will give you Bison haters 2-3 years of breathing room before you ultimately succumb to his charms again.

It's been 20+ years since Sean, Necro, Remy, Sodom, Twelve and Q were playable. You'll be fine waiting 10 for a character that was in the last two games.

I know you're a big Bison fan but please try to put your fanboy-isms aside for one game and be open to the series finally fucking doing something new for once instead of beating the same old dead Shadaloo horse again.

Edited by Scotia
1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

I don't want Bison to be the Sigma of Street Fighter. The series doesn't need him whenever it needs a villain. Have him fuck off for a few games

I feel the same way but unfortunately, I feel it's too late. Having your villain get bodied in multiple games does them no favors. It weakens them. That's already happened. Bison should be in Project L because that's all he's taken. Once they turned him into Captain Ginyu, it was all down here from there. I remember how imposing Bison felt prior to SFIV.  Now there's no stakes. He loses and just hops to another body. No incentive for growth. He can no longer can be seen a truly imposing because they have a get out of jail free card for any L he takes. Which means they just have him take a bunch of Ls because it really doesn't matter and he ends up not being the bad ass dude we grew up with. The guy that had to lower himself to fight Ryu and Ken at the same in SF2TAM and still beat them senseless 99% of their confrontation. "But Darc, that isn't canon" Alpha/Zero Bison is so heavily inspired by his SF2TAM incarnation the effect is ultimately the same.

16 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

Dear God, his father was killed by BIg Lumber! Damn you Arbor day! Lol, thanks for clearing that up dude, I appreciate it. On the topic of the Q attack, that theory comes from Steven Mane, I tend to disagree with his theories, but I agree, that one could be pretty cool. I wanna see more of Q and G as we're building up the lore for SF6, so that'd be neat.

You're welcome! lol.

7 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Is it possible that his dad is Joe?

Edit:  Oh, Darc already said it.

There's a striking resemblance, but... Joe's personality doesn't match with Luke's dad "a simple, quite and reserved man" description.

8 hours ago, Daemos said:

Bison used Necalli to accelerate it. Literally, Necalli is Bison's "plot device" in SF5. He even spells it out to you.

1SVHhln.png

The Daemos all-time life quote.

Luke in a few days!

Edited by Doctrine_Dark
41 minutes ago, Lord_Vega said:

You're welcome! lol.

There's a striking resemblance, but... Joe's personality doesn't match with Luke's dad "a simple, quite and reserved man" description.

Before I saw Scotia's post from Nakayama I was thinking that Joe finally hit the wall hard, had a sobering moment and settled down and kept away from fighting until ironically having one last fight to save people. Oop!

8 hours ago, Daemos said:

That will give you Bison haters 2-3 years of breathing room before you ultimately succumb to his charms again.

Bison's one of my all time fav characters, it's just that he's been mined a TON without giving us a bit of a break. As Darc said, he's been utilized and unfortunately bodied a whole bunch. I look at it as if we only saw Batman fighting Joker or Two-Face all the time, we'd be robbed of the compelling adventures of Mr. Freeze, the tragic and disgusting Clayface tales, the thrillers when dealing with Riddler, or the intensity of Bane, Rhas Al Ghul and others. It' d be like Spidey always fighting Kingpin and Green Goblin, but never having faced off with Doc Ock, or Venom, or Mysterio and Kraven.

SF's canon games and non canon games like EX and the crossovers have always featured Bison. We've barely scratched the surface with the Illuminati and who knows what fun and terror G could bring if allowed to flourish.  I think Bison's interesting and has tons of potential, but if we just keep doing similar things again and again, people will get bored. I think SF is a game that could have decades worth of sequels especially now that we've broken the SF3 fears and the SF3 barrier to the timeline. Breaking past those things can give us amazing, new factions, forces and stories that can keep SF growing forever. KoF did it right and has an amazing history in game of different foes and forces. Imagine if we kept circling Rugal and only hinting at orochi without pulling thr trigger for 20 years or never did NESTS. I'm not saying kill of Bison forever, but give us some time to let the heart grow fonder, let's have his return be something incredibly cool and NEW without it being 5 minutes since the last plot and having it feel like another rehash.  Let's build the legend, dip a bit into his past without spoiling the mystique and utilize those new elements to possible give us a new, desperate, and truly dangerous and unpredictable Bison. Let the time away allow him to truly evolve along with the series.

12 hours ago, Scotia said:

It's been 20+ years since Sean, Necro, Remy, Sodom, Twelve and Q were playable. You'll be fine waiting 10 for a character that was in the last two games.

These characters are nobodies! NOBODIES YA HEAR?! Bison is a fucking icon of the genre. When they make limited edition statues selling for $1000 of him, they sell like frickin hotcakes. The Shadaloo Army, who make up a significant portion of the FGC, will not stand for this. My lawyers will be in touch with you.

Few people here love SF's shitty-ass but charming canon as much as I do, but this isn't about story. This about keeping good characters playable in the game for their fanbase. In this case, fuck the canon. No one wants reductive knock-offs of legacy characters replacing the OGs. It never works (See Star Wars Sequel Trilogy) and it never will.

Edited by Daemos
6 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

As Darc said, he's been utilized and unfortunately bodied a whole bunch.

A lot of SF characters have been overutilized and bodied a whole bunch. Why are you not extending this argument to Chun-Li or Ryu or Ken or Akuma or Guile? Cervantes has been in pretty much every Soul game and nobody is complaining.  

It's one thing thing to be the main villain of the plot (or franchise really), and another to be a character in the game with your own story. Bison has only experienced the latter in Dream Matches and to a lesser extent SF4 (but not really). Don't mixup what is being suggested here. If Capcom are willing to sideline their series protagonist (Ryu) in a game just to keep them playable in favor of some new flavor of the month (Alex, Abel, Rashid, Luke, etc) , then logically they can do the same for the series antagonist.

Edited by Daemos
Just now, Sonero said:

If they wanted to keep good characters playable, why did they redesign Bison so shitty in SF5?

Thank God for Luke.

Yeah thank god for another Blonde MMA Fighter. So original. Sheer genius. Oh and his daddy died. Wow. Never seen that before in SF. Gimme Ryu anyday of the week.

Edited by Daemos
17 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

I hope they link him to Joe at least to give him an honor of becaming a hero and influence a newer protag character even he is to bland to return.

Too bland until the Secret Society pulls a Nash on him.  😛

17 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

So this question came into the mind What do think of League of Fighters/Project L's new aesthetics? If that's would be for a SF 6 or an SF spin off?

Looks better than SF5, but not as good as the SF2 anime movie.

15 hours ago, BootyWarrior said:

Ryu not being the protagonist and M. Bison not being the main villain/final boss automatically makes SFVI better than SFV.

It's gonna be Luke vs. Ed.  Blonde boxey boy showdown.

Edited by DarthEnderX
1 hour ago, DarthEnderX said:

And in the end, Ryu will finger-flick Vega/Bison's soul from Ed's body, who will end up having a polyamory relationship with Luke and Falke. 😅🤣

I still think Shadow Falls came out too early. It should've been split in 5 chapters, each chapter including the additional characters from that season. Then, after all characters where released, we would have the final battle against Vega, choosing if you wanted to win the game with Vega or Ryu (bad and good ending). That would give Capcom more room to explain more about Nash's resurrection and Necalli's awakening.... (seriously, the guy got killed right at the beginning of season 2).

4 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

After A Shadow Falls, I'll take that over whatever Ryu or M. Bison does in anything ever again. SFIII handled Ryu and M. Bison perfectly. You only see Ryu in at most 2 endings other than that he's just CPU fodder in arcade mode, M. Bison's not in the game altogether. I'd love to see Ryu axed off but he's the face of fighting games, so M. Bison getting the boot is the next best thing.

Various FG's introduced iconic villains and didn't shove them down our throats for 30 years (see, Fatal Fury, Tekken, KOF, SamSho, GG).

5 hours ago, Daemos said:

Yeah thank god for another Blonde MMA Fighter. So original. Sheer genius. Oh and his daddy died. Wow. Never seen that before in SF. Gimme Ryu anyday of the week.

Ryu's been a boring character for a very long time now. From a design perspective he's a basic karate man who doesn't represent the art faithfully. SFV is the most Karate he's ever been and I appreciate that, but he still looks like a clown compared to other Karate users in FG's.

For a Ryu fan, it's better for Ryu not to be in the spotlight

And I prefered Bison as the whole main villain in the history of SF but not the main villain of every SF game then to be killed and risen over and over it turns him to a punching bag and deteriottes his status quo in the history. his better also in the sideline not the story focus.

Edited by Shakunetsu
7 hours ago, Daemos said:

These characters are nobodies! NOBODIES YA HEAR?! Bison is a fucking icon of the genre. When they make limited edition statues selling for $1000 of him, they sell like frickin hotcakes. The Shadaloo Army, who make up a significant portion of the FGC, will not stand for this. My lawyers will be in touch with you.

Few people here love SF's shitty-ass but charming canon as much as I do, but this isn't about story. This about keeping good characters playable in the game for their fanbase. In this case, fuck the canon. No one wants reductive knock-offs of legacy characters replacing the OGs. It never works (See Star Wars Sequel Trilogy) and it never will.

Cool so you're just incredibly selfish then. Good to know. 

If you ask me, Ryu works best as a "viewpoint" character. Like he isn't the main hero of the story but he's the character that will pop up occasionally, do his thing and then leave. 

That's basically what he was from his inception up until SF4. SF2 and Alpha chronicled the machinations of Shadaloo and the people their schemes affected, SF3 was all about Alex. Ryu's struggle with the SnH and fighting against his fate as a slave to Anatsuken' s power and Bison's pawn was always the B plot and that got resolved in ASF. 

Preferably, SF6 should focus on Ed/Luke/whoever with Ryu as a side focus as he finally moves on from the same plot threads he's had since 1996.

Hello everyone.  I don't don't mean to interrupt the conversation about Luke but here's Effie's SF3 series bios.

エフィー【人物・♀】■ スト III

ネクロ の エンディング で 、 施 設 に 閉じこめ られ て い た ネクロ を 救出 し た 少女 。けっこう か わ いい 出で立ち を し て いる が 、目 は うつろ で クマ が でき て おり 、 雰囲気 が コワイ 。最後 は ネクロ と 一緒 に ハッピー 逃避行 の 旅 に 出る 。

■ スト III 2nd

ネクロ の 勝利 ポーズ や 負け ポーズ に 登場 する よう に なっ た 。また 、ヒューゴー が エンディン グ で ネクロ を 相棒 に し た 場合 、リング に 向かう ネクロ を 見守る 彼女 の 姿 が 見 られる 。

■ スト III 3rd 

ネクロ と の 駆け落ち は 継続 中 。ネクロ の エンディング で は 、追っ手 から のがれる 途中 、鉄道 車 の 上 から あやうく 谷 底 に 転落 しかけ 、ネクロ の 超 ロング ハンド によって 救出 さ れる 。追っ手 の 言葉 から 、彼女 も ネクロ と 同じ 改造 人間 で 、そ の 存在 自体 が 機密 で ある こと が 明らか に なっ た 。

Effie【Character・♀】■ Street Fighter 3

Appearing in Necro's ending, she's the little girl who rescues Necro, who was imprisoned in the facility. She has a quite cute appearance, however her hollow eyes and dark circles creates a frightening atmosphere. In the end, she embarks on a happy escape journey together with Necro. 

■ Street Fighter 3: 2nd Impact

She now appears in Necro's victory and defeat poses. Also, if Hugo makes Necro his partner in the ending, she can be seen watching over Necro as he heads towards the ring. 

■ Street Fighter 3: Third Strike

Her elopement with Necro is still ongoing. In Necro's ending while in the middle of escaping from their pursuers, she nearly falls from the top of the railcar into a ravine, but is rescued by Necro's super long hand. From the words of their pursuers, it became clear that like Necro, she is also a modified human and that her existence was a secret.

Btw, i hope Luke does something good for the series, however i still wanna know who the hell "his father" is ? 

3 minutes ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

@ShockDingoSomething I always found hilarious was Bison's presence in SFEX2. He wasn't in that game (returned in EX2+), but was still apart of the plot for a few characters. Guile and Chun-Li even fight him in their endings despite him not being in the actual game.

@Doctrine_Darkso, you mean to tell me that Chunners is out here hallucinating?

two of the greatest points of Bison as a Boss was one in Alpha 3 and next is the whole SF4 series when his not the main boss but someone that operates in the shadow.

SF2 doesn't count it's bland and generic compare to the other fighters of it's era, his bottom tier in SF in terms of story and presentation

other fgs without looking into stories has better presentation and fight transition to intimidate the player 

even a 16bit game has better presentation

On 11/25/2021 at 8:56 PM, Daemos said:

A lot of SF characters have been overutilized and bodied a whole bunch. Why are you not extending this argument to Chun-Li or Ryu or Ken or Akuma or Guile? Cervantes has been in pretty much every Soul game and nobody is complaining.  

It's one thing thing to be the main villain of the plot (or franchise really), and another to be a character in the game with your own story. Bison has only experienced the latter in Dream Matches and to a lesser extent SF4 (but not really). Don't mixup what is being suggested here. If Capcom are willing to sideline their series protagonist (Ryu) in a game just to keep them playable in favor of some new flavor of the month (Alex, Abel, Rashid, Luke, etc) , then logically they can do the same for the series antagonist.

Characters getting bodied isn't so much the problem. If Chun gets beaten up by Juri, she, being the 1st lady of fighting games, will inevitably be back and maybe get another shot to reclaim glory, Bison's different. He's the big bad who started off as a powerful tournament organizer endboss and evolved to a post-human demon of sorts that's a threat to the life on the planet. He's had a consistent build up and shown to be a huger than huge deal, but if he keeps coming back, gets killed, jumps in another body over and over again, it feels hollow, redundant, and hurts his myth. As for Akuma, I've been vocal in the past about how any interest I had in him when I was younger has been severely dampened by the fact that he's been doing the "waiting cryptically in the shadows, waiting for Ryu to succumb while blowing up a sub or something" for 20+ years. He got to a slight twist on that in SFV, but I'm still tired of him just being trotted out and repeating the mysterious mystery without moving the needle forward. Sagat's been getting interesting development over the years and I'd prefer more of that. As for Cervantes I unfortunately haven't kept up with Project Soul over the last several years, but I'm aware there's other villains and he's not the focus.

I wouldn't mind seeing Bison having a new direction and be the hero of his own story, I just want to wait to make the shift actually work and have weight. Them making a big deal on how this is the end of him as we know it has barley even lasted. They started having him appear ghostlke here and there, imply he's returning in Seth's story, having Oro and Dhalsim still going on about how there's "something" tied to him coming. It dampens any impact of Shadow Falls for me. This is supposed to be a huge development that we're seeing Bison fall at Ryu's hands, the kings are scattered, Shadaloo is in ruin and the Illuminati are moving forward to take on a new lead role in the series for their machinations, but nope, more of "Bison dies only to come back" is already planted. Taking a single entry break would sell that SF is going in a new direction better instead of fears it'll circle back to more of what we've already seen again. It'll give us time to see new story beats and when Bison returns, it can be more of a transition into something new rather than his spot not even getting cold yet. Bison is a big deal, he's not going to be put in the game and not have the whole world be ready for a global catastrophe, he'll be the main story focus again.  

On 11/26/2021 at 5:22 AM, N-Tactix said:

If you ask me, Ryu works best as a "viewpoint" character. Like he isn't the main hero of the story but he's the character that will pop up occasionally, do his thing and then leave. 

Ooh, I like that perspective. That's totally what he should be.

On 11/26/2021 at 12:18 PM, Doctrine_Dark said:

Something I always found hilarious was Bison's presence in SFEX2. He wasn't in that game (returned in EX2+), but was still apart of the plot for a few characters. Guile and Chun-Li even fight him in their endings despite him not being in the actual game.

Oh snap, I didn't know that! Lol, that's hilarious

4 hours ago, Scotia said:

They hovered on this for a while. Could line up with something happening during CC? 

Hmm, I dunno, though if you mean Captain Commando by CC, I don't buy the meme hah. I don't think he has anything to do with Cap if I'm being honest. I go over some details here:

Other than being a blond dude, I don't think there's any major ties to the two. Heck, Captain Commando, according to CRI is fictional in SF since Ibuki's pal Yuta mains Mack the knife in the arcade game.

About Luke's Story

Spoiler

Although interesting, it was.... DISAPPOINTING! Nice material, poorly execution. As usual. Only ONE fight!!!

At least Capcom told us what the "incident" was. Terrorists planted a bomb in a mall where young Luke and his father, Robert, were... His father helped to evacuate the mall, but the bomb went off and the blast killed him. Interesting that Luke mentions his father never hit him until that day to "wake him up" and start running. He froze in face of the event that was about to unfold... However, what his father was up to wasn't revealed.

So he decided to join the army to fight against terrorists. Interesting that now, Guile is a Colonel, not a Major like in Sf2 and SF4... However, there's no indication to when the story takes place. Probably late SF5 to after SF3?

After Guile and Luke fight, they have a beer together and Guile talks about Luke leaving the army. Luke is proud of being a soldier, but he feels empty inside. That's when Guile tells he needs to feel good with himself. They make a toast to Luke's father and to his new "fight".

Luke's Shadaloo console info:

MEMO: Next Generation (where I heard that before....?)

Male

HEIGHT: 185cm

WEIGHT: 90kg

ORIGIN: USA

4 hours ago, Scotia said:

spacer.png

They hovered on this for a while. Could line up with something happening during CC? 

Interesting that Nash's dog tags doesn't have his DOB. A pity that Luke's birthyear wasn't revealed.

Select Luke and he says "Better cherish your family..."

His likes: Video games, comics and weird shirt

Interestingly he's a FORMER US Special forces operative.

Story mode title: "Like father, like son"

• Father found an IED in a shopping mall
  • After match with Guile they grab a beer in the Son Son coffee shop
  • Luke is thinking about his future and considering quitting the Armed Forces
  • Guile gives advice and says he wont stop him, he's gotta go with his heart and where the fight leads him. Nothing major, but a nice little moment for them, it's nice seeing Guile be a mentor.....and then that's it. I don't know why there was all the secrecy. I'm disappointed to be honest, kinda not surprised, but also surprised at how uneventful this was.
  • Win quote against Guile:
  • "Thank you, sir! I'll follow my own path!"
  • Arcade mode end boss is Guile.
  • Arcade ending, Luke beats the crap out of Dan, Guile later shows up and lets him know he got the date on his discharge wrong by a day and has to write a formal apology.

Luke's English Voice Actor is Aleks Le (Zenitsu in Demon Slayer, Sonon in Final Fantasy VII Remake: Intergrade, and Akashi in Kuroko's Basketball Dub)

Luke's Story Mode Thoughts

"Someday, I want to become a man like him" = Luke's Father.

Luke lost his father to a terrorist bombing, and later grew up to become not just a strong fighter, but Special Forces as well. Impressive for a young kid. 

But now at a crossroads, trying to find out if military fighting is what he wanted to do for his foreseeable future. Luckily, a quick spar and later some beers with Guile made him realize that people can find a new purpose for fighting long afterwards, thus leaving Luke to ponder what to do next.

Simple and short, but definitely sowing the seeds for his potential future role in SF6.

For something short, there's quite a bit to unpack, but a lot more to get excited for. Guile sees a little bit in himself in the young fighter, but I also see some similarities to Chun-Li as well: both lost their fathers to terrorists and ended up honoring their dads through fighting what they believe in. Now Chun-Li had gone through a similar senario, where after M. Bison's defeat in SFII, as seen in the Street Fighter IV Chun-Li Aftermath, she's been trying to live a normal life, and sort of lost her will to fight. But she managed to ingnite that fire inside her once again. And after the fall of Shadaloo, she had easier transition from fighting against Shadaloo to a motherly/teacher role with Li-Fen.

Right now, Luke is just trying to figure out his future role and his reason to fight again. And I'm sure we'll get more answers in the next game. Now we don't get much more than that. Luke does feel he's gonna be the next protag, but I'm curious as to what capacity and what story will follow afterwards. 

I know he's anti-terrorist, and the Illuminati doesn't feel anything like a terrorist group. (Cult yes, but no terrorism). SO I'm curious if we're getting set for a new villainous organization in the horizon. Is Luke gonna go solo, or will he find comradery with other fellow fighters? 

ANd with that, that is the end of Character story modes for Street Fighter 5. I'll probably expand more on my thoughts for the way Capcom went with it. But despite it's short length, there were some good ones, some bad ones, ones that made us laugh, ones that gave great development, and ones that didn't. But I appreciate Capcom actually doing more for the story than they had with previous games. And hope they continue to put a little thought and effort into future story modes (short or long) because it's become a staple in almost every fighting game now.

-----

Last time I'm doing this until SF6. It's been fun, but lets finish this thing!

Chun-Li to Luke: "You leave yourself far too open... A sign of your youth, I suppose."

Thoughts: Basically Chun-Li being a teacher to a young, and hot-headed Luke, if they should ever meet in canon. With him being a completely new character, and with no prior interactions beforehand, it's hard to guess what a meeting of the two would be like. As stated in my story mode thoughts for Luke, I see similarities between the two with their history. So maybe Chun-Li can serve as someone who gives Luke guidance. If Luke were to be the main protag in the next game, and he does have to fight against another evil organization bent on world destruction, maybe one of Guile's friends he calls in for a favor would be Chun-Li, so there'd be a level of trust between the two.

It's all speculation for now. We'll see what happens in SF6.

Luke to Chun-Li:  "Damn, that's some fancy footwork you got there! I learned a lot!"

Thoughts: Luke's impressed by Chun-Li's kicks, nothing new or spectacular about it. But it does speak to Luke being teachable. Sure he comes off as a hot-head, but he isn't stupid. He's young, but he has much to learn. So I see his excitement in his win quote. But, like most shonen anime protagonists, I see him wanting to become stronger, and a good way to do it is to learn and fight with those with more experience than him.

That said, more of his quotes definitely show he's gonna cater to the millennial crowd. With his "kinda cringe" and

-----

Arcade Mode thoughts

Interestingly enough, his final boss is Guile, so we'll see of their future connections in SF6

Luke's arcade ending has him beating up Dan (or assaulting?) And despite him saying he's not military anymore, he forget his discharge date, so now has to file some paperwork and write a formal apology.