Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

Luke to Rose: This "Soul Power" is sorta weird...But I guess there's all kinds of power floating around."
Rose to Luke: "A new card...I am interested in what role you will play in the world's future..."

Luke to Dan: "So, if I beat Saikyo-Style, does that make me the strongest there is? No way...What an anti-climax!"
Dan to Luke: "You wanna know true strength? I'm right here, dude! Feast your eyes!"

Luke to Gill: "You probably get this question all the time, but I did beat you, so...What's your real body color?"
Gill to Luke: "I know what you seek and how you struggle. I can grant what you desire."

Luke to Honda: "Sumo wrestling, huh? I like the headbutting stuff."
Honda to Luke: "If it's power you seek, you've found it! It's called sumo wrestling!"

Luke to G: "President...? 'Kay...Whatever, I won! Woohoo!"
G to Luke: "The path you have chosen as a citizen of Earth will serve to aid the President of the World."

Luke to Kage: "You think you're strong speaking about death like it's nothing...? Hah. 'Kay..."
Kage to Luke: "Now you know true power: MINE! Bwahaha!"

Luke to Falke: "Going by the look on your face, I get the feeling you don't like me."
Falke to Luke: "It's not that I don't like you; it's just that I don't care."

Luke to Sakura: "Lesson learned: never underestimate a fighter in a school uniform!"
Sakura to Luke: "You learn a thing or two when you follow someone really strong!"

Luke to Ed: "You're a cheeky brat...but I can relate..."
Ed to Luke: "See what happens when you treat me like some punk kid?!"

Luke to Menat: "If you wanna see the future, just keep moving forward."
Menat to Luke: "I glimpsed into your future, and drama is very much front and center."

Luke to Akuma: "Damn! You're strong with a capital HOLY CRAP!"
Akuma to Luke: "Coward! To know strength is to face death!"

Luke to Juri: "I'm over the whole "fight to the death" thing. Had enough of that in my last job."
Juri to Luke: "Another military dropout? Hah! You're too soft!"

Luke to Ibuki: "Frickin' ninja kids messing 'round with bombs..."
Ibuki to Luke: "Hmph! They're fireworks, not bombs! And...I'm not some kid, you know!"

Luke to Alex: "I've thought about what lies beyond strength too, y'know."
Alex to Luke: "Unfortunately for you, it takes more than that to defeat me."

Luke to Rashid: "You wanna verse me in an FPS match? Sorry, but I've got you beat there, too."
Rashid to Luke: "You might be better at FPS games than me, but I outmatched your guns here!"

Luke to Laura: "Your lightning rocks and shocks! You could suppress a riot!"
Laura to Luke: "Wow, you were flying around all like BAM BAM!"

Luke to Zangief: "I mean, if this was an arm-wrestling match, you'd beat me for sure!"
Zangief to Luke: "You need less games and more strength training! Haha!"

The Gief to Luke: You are puny half-pint! If you want strength you gotta build muscles first!"

Luke to R. Mika: "Gonna be honest...I thought pro-wrestlers were all show, but you really rocked the rumble out there!"
R. Mika to Luke: "Does your MMA stand for "Military Martial Arts" or something? Not bad, whatever it is!"

Luke to Chun-Li: "Damn, that's some fancy footwork you got there! I learned a lot!"
Chun-Li to Luke: "You leave yourself far too open...A sign of your youth, I suppose."

Luke to Karin: "Y'know, I really did think you'd just be some spoiled dumbass, but I was wrong!"
Karin to Luke: "I know you expected some incompetent spoiled brat. Unfortunately for you, however, you face a Kanzuki!"

Luke to Nash: "Looks like you've got a lot going on, so how about we just say you let me win?"
Nash to Luke: "If you're a military man, I suggest you back off before the darkness gets you."

Luke to Ryu: "Whenever I hear the phrase "the path to strength", you spring to mind."
Ryu to Luke: "This marks the start of your journey to fighting on your own terms."

Luke to Ken: "Never thought I'd face an All-American champ...Man, I'm glad I chose this path!"
Ken to Luke: "You've got guts, but you're no match for me."

Luke to M. Bison: "Hoo yeah! I took out the final boss!"
M. Bison to Luke: "All your bouncing around couldn't even serve as a circus sideshow!"

Luke to Birdie: "Your hair rocks, dude! It defies gravity and everythign!"
Birdie to Luke: "Lookin' to get stronger? You ain't got the stomach for it, mate."

Luke to Cammy: "You may be small and quick, but my aim don't miss!"
Cammy to Luke: "A military man like yourself should know when you're outranked."

Luke to Vega: "Kinda cringe to go on about beauty during a fight, dude..."
Vega to Luke: "Yet another fool who could never understand true beauty..."

Luke to Necalli: "Devour what? Me? Man, I don't get you."
Necalli to Luke: "A young soldier's soul tastes so bitter-itter-itter..."

Luke to F.A.N.G: "A poison debuff? Are you like a mid-level boss or something?"
F.A.N.G to Luke: "Just because you want to fight your own battles, doesn't mean you're capable of it."

Luke to Balrog: "You throw a mean punch, but my footwork's got you beat!"
Balrog to Luke: "Quit jumpin' and die already!"

Luke to Guile: "Thank you, sir! I'll follow my own path!"
Guile to Luke: "I suggest you re-enlist and get your act together in boot camp."

Luke to Kolin: "Victory doesn't taste so sweet when my lips are turning blue..."
Kolin to Luke: "I despise hotheaded men, showy men, and military men. Basically, you're all of my dealbreakers."

Luke to Urien: "Everyone loses sometimes, so you should probably drop the whole raging ego thing."
Urien to Luke: "Mindless sheep! How dare you speak of strength?!"

Luke to Abigail: "Bigger they are, the harder they fall! And boy do I love the noise they make when they do!"
Abigal to Luke: "What good's a flashy car if it ain't got power under the hood?!"

Luke to Zeku: "Young, old, young, old...Ninjas, man...They can do anything!"
Zeku to Luke: "Lesson's bitter tears, from child eyes to memory. So blooms the adult."

Luke to Cody: "Fighting me's the best kinda community service!"
Cody to Luke: "Schedule an appointment if you want a rematch."

Luke to Blanka: "I did survival training in the jungle, and, man, the humidity was my worst enemy.
Blanka to Luke: "I'm king of the jungle. My strength earned me the title."

Luke to Sagat: "You the emperor of ripped muscles or something?"
Sagat to Luke: "I've walked my path much longer than you have yours."

Luke to Poison: "Put that whip away for half a damn second! Jeez!"
Poison to Luke: "Such a cutie. How about we test your manliness back at my place?"

Luke to Seth: "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Are you seriously some kinda cyborg?"
Seth to Luke: "New data found. Adding to database..."

Luke to Lucia: "Fighting a cop kinda gets me nervous. Like I'm a bad news kid again."
Lucia to Luke: "I know a rebel when I see one! Admit it: you were a bad kid! You still one?!"

Luke to Oro: "And now an old dude...? What a weird-ass journey, man..."
Oro to Luke: "Another chick has hatched. Shall I live to see him come of age?"

Luke to Akira: "Man, you've got guts! Good fight!"
Akira to Luke: "Nobody beats me in a test of nerve!"

Luke to Luke: "When people said the real battle is with yourself, I didn't think they were speaking literally!"

2 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

Hmm, I dunno, though if you mean Captain Commando by CC, I don't buy the meme hah. I don't think he has anything to do with Cap if I'm being honest. I go over some details here:

Other than being a blond dude, I don't think there's any major ties to the two. Heck, Captain Commando, according to CRI is fictional in SF since Ibuki's pal Yuta mains Mack the knife in the arcade game.

I meant Capcom Cup lol. That whole Captain Commando thing was some dumb as hell theory Max came up with as a way for him to try and find a way to make Luke more interesting than he actually is lol. 

Edited by Scotia

31 minutes ago, ShockDingo said:

As disappointed I am with his lore contributions, I do like his personality and interactions. I hope they build him up in SF VI.

Not gonna lie, I wasn't too excited about Luke when he was first revealed.

But after seeing how he interacts with the cast, I actually think he's pretty cool. Moveset is pretty nice as well.

Finished Luke's character story and holy SHIT that sucked.

Spoiler

Pretty much agree with what everyone's already said. I don't really know what I was expecting, maybe a little tease towards SF6 but we basically somehow got even less than that. I'll sum up my thoughts with a brief list.

• Holy cow this was ridiculously short. Maybe the shortest character story yet? A few have had one fight but this one felt even lazier than normal for some reason. 
  • His backstory is so incredibly generic. His dad was killed by a random terrorist attack. Wow, how original. And he joined the military to fight against it. Amazing. And now he's getting disenfranchised with the military. So well writt-😴😴😴. I'm not saying it had to be tied into some grand Illuminati conspiracy but like, this SF man, go a little crazy. This feels like the backstory to every Call of Duty protagonist, not the next main character of Street Fighter.
  • Speaking of, so far I have no idea why this guy in particular is going to be the next protagonist of the series. His story is as generic as they come and at the moment could have been filled by literally anyone else on the roster or any other newcomer they could create. I get they want to keep things simple for now, but this was too simple to me. I have no idea where he goes from this character story into 6, and I don't mean that in the fun 'oh they're keeping me in suspense!' way. I really have no idea why this dude is gonna play such a big role when he seems about as simple as they get. 

Honestly that's kind of all my thoughts really, just shows how basic this story was. I still like Luke and am willing to give him a chance for SF6 but they could not have done a worser job in selling me on him being the next protagonist. As a major SF3 fan, this just makes me even saltier that Alex is once again going to be shafted in favour of this...grunt.

As things stand, they ended this game's story with another disappointingly weak character story, something that I shouldn't be shocked at after the absolutely horrendous quality of some of the past one. This character story should have been the thing that helped people understand why Luke was going to be the future of Street Fighter, a bold claim that is at the moment completely unmet.

You know Falke is thirsting over Luke.

As far as Luke's story mode goes, it made me like him a lot. In general these story modes have been turbo lazy after season 1. So him having a bunch of slide isn't an indictment on the character, its one on Capcom. If he didn't look garish, and wasn't another blonde blue eyed guy in a literal roster full of them, I think he'd be more welcomed.

the tats and wack haircut don't do him any favours either. Think his looks detract from the character.

56 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Maybe its in the arcade mode for him? 

Think the terrorist org Luke is after is Shadaloo. Unless the illuminati were going extra wild during SF2.

Nah, arcade mode is him getting in trouble for leaving the Special Forces a day early. Illuminati is about secretive manipulation, control, etc. A bombing isn't their style at all. For Shadaloo, it feels a bit too small for them, there was no flair to it, no  statement. Maybe it's going to be like FANG's group where they were a small syndicate, but got absorbed by Shadaloo. Maybe these guy were another group, during Luke's childhood, but after Shadaloo breaks up, they try and do something different on their own. Way too early to say and too little detail given to say at the moment.

19 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

I wouldn't mind seeing Bison having a new direction and be the hero of his own story, I just want to wait to make the shift actually work and have weight.

Agreed.

I don't think Bison should be the big bad of a game for at least 2 entries. Then would be his big come back, after some character development.

Our point of contention is how long we should wait. With this new model of story telling, where the story can take place over years as seen in SF5, I see no reason why Bison could not re-emerge as his own in later seasons.

Edited by Daemos
On 11/29/2021 at 2:56 AM, ShockDingo said:

As disappointed I am with his lore contributions, I do like his personality and interactions. I hope they build him up in SF VI.

He's reductive af. Literally discount Ed who is already the bastard child of Bison and Balrog. Is this what appeals to the "New Generation" of FGC players? Am I getting too old?

If SF6 is going to end up being a game of Knockoffs served up as "Students, Apprentices, and Offspring"  of older more valuable IPs then we are in for a shitshow. SF5 struck the perfect balance in its roster of characters, with only very few misses. Luke, Lucia, and to a lesser extent Necalli (more because of execution than concept) are the ones that immediately spring to mind.

8 hours ago, sKreetFighteZ said:

i'm tired of Ryu being homeless bro

8 hours ago, sKreetFighteZ said:

Ken's a bad friend, won't even help the homeless 😒. Speaking of Ken may we all approached Eliza's beauty, just the prettiest thing ever

The SFIV movie confirms that Ken doesn't do jack when it comes to helping Ryu survive out there. How can he help Ryu when he doesn't know where he is?

Now that i think about it, we don't know anything about Ryu outside of fighting. How does he make money to travel? Does he have a secret home in Japan? There's no way he trains 24 7, even Goku has to rest his body after training.

2 hours ago, Daemos said:

He's reductive af. Literally discount Ed who is already the bastard child of Bison and Balrog. Is this what appeals to the "New Generation" of FGC players? Am I getting too old?

He isn't reductive at all. He is a take on a more modern fighting style and then street fighterized. Which has been the case with all the cast.

Literlaly the only problem with Luke is being another blonde, blue eyed dude. Don't know how many blondes we had on SRK and now on MegaShock but holy shit if the SF5 roster isn't comprised mostly of Sweden at this point.

8 minutes ago, Sonero said:

He isn't reductive at all. He is a take on a more modern fighting style and then street fighterized. Which has been the case with all the cast.

Literlaly the only problem with Luke is being another blonde, blue eyed dude. Don't know how many blondes we had on SRK and now on MegaShock but holy shit if the SF5 roster isn't comprised mostly of Sweden at this point.

I started crying once i figured out he was blonde, like the amount of blondeness i see in this game is unbelievable. Even the characters that don't have blond hair has blonde hair and blue eyes. Like I'm currently fearing for my very own life

2 hours ago, BootyWarrior said:

The SFIV movie confirms that Ken doesn't do jack when it comes to helping Ryu survive out there. How can he help Ryu when he doesn't know where he is?

Now that i think about it, we don't know anything about Ryu outside of fighting. How does he make money to travel? Does he have a secret home in Japan? There's no way he trains 24 7, even Goku has to rest his body after training.

Well according to his SFZERO3 profile, he has an unknown address and possibly lived in the Suzaku Castle or however you spell it. I'm very much a weeb when it comes to this game series...it's ridiculous how I became a human Encyclopedia 

hey bro, if you click on the plus sign at the bottom of posts, you can basically store the stuff you want to reply until you're ready to post. Once you click on it, you'll see a counter on the bottom right that'll say "Quote X Post" with X being the number of posts you want to quote.

That way you can keep stuff to one post instead of multiple ones. It'll look like this when you mutilquote:

13 minutes ago, sKreetFighteZ said:

Well according to his SFZERO3 profile, he has an unknown address and possibly lived in the Suzaku Castle or however you spell it. I'm very much a weeb when it comes to this game series...it's ridiculous how I became a human Encyclopedia 

what's up

17 minutes ago, sKreetFighteZ said:

Leave me alone 😭🤚🏽, okay we all know Eliza use to look like a drawing a 3rd grader drew but ever since they refined her face, I've been wanting to ask for her hand in marriage ever since 

my dude.

🙏