Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

7 minutes ago, Sonero said:

hey bro, if you click on the plus sign at the bottom of posts, you can basically store the stuff you want to reply until you're ready to post. Once you click on it, you'll see a counter on the bottom right that'll say "Quote X Post" with X being the number of posts you want to quote.

That way you can keep stuff to one post instead of multiple ones. It'll look like this when you mutilquote:

what's up

my dude.

🙏

sorry, i'm kinda new to this thing so i don't know things go but very much appreciated 

3 hours ago, BootyWarrior said:

Now that i think about it, we don't know anything about Ryu outside of fighting. How does he make money to travel? Does he have a secret home in Japan? There's no way he trains 24 7, even Goku has to rest his body after training

Non-canon I know but in the Street Fighter 2 animated movie Ryu does accept the money he earns in organized street fights. It was how it was able to give money to that young Indian girl to buy food for her mother. 

35 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

She must have implanted a GPS on him to find him so easily.

I hate the term "head canon" but it fits because it how I rationalize it. Karin likes strong sparring partners. She keeps Birdie around just to have someone to beat up on. When Sakura seems to lose focus, she tracks down Ryu to get her head back into the game so her rival remains strong. Ryu's strong and always improving. Being able to locate someone like him would be to her advantage.

I don't think there is anything romantic there. Although she'd probably be his best match. She doesn't need money. She loves to fight and improve. And as long as he come back stronger for the next battle, she likely wouldn't care about him being away due to his musha shugyō (warrior's pilgrimage). She'd be his Ken with benefits 🙃 She's basically female Goku with money. Akira's story mode highlights this. Even during "down time" she's trying to get in a sparring session.

12 hours ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

Luke's story write-up:

Luke's story begins with him having a flashback about the fateful day he was hit by his father, Robert. He was in a mall surrounded by people running and screaming in a panic. Luke never seen his father behave in this manner before, as he was often a quiet man. The situation they were in was pretty dire. His father found an explosive device that was set to blow up the mall. 

Once he noticed this, he ordered Luke to run. It took being hit by his father for him to actually gather himself enough to run. The mall went on to explode not too long after. It was the work of terroists. Had it not been for Robert's quick thinking to help evacuate others, there would've been a lot more casualties. 

After experiencing the heinousness of terroism, Luke resolved to fight against it. He joined the army and grew into a very strong young man. Even though this became a natural part of his daily life, he was still left feeling empty. 

One day he was approached by Guile while he was training. Guile could sense that the young soldier was bothered, so he asked him if he was up for having a match. Luke gladly accepted....warning the old timer that he won't pull his punches, which was fine with Guile.

Both are shown having a drink together after bruising each other up a good bit. Guile knows Luke is stressing about his future and heard about him losing his father to a terroist attack. 

Luke admits this was what motivated him to join the Special Forces, but he's also been thinking about what lies beyond the military. He's not sure if being a soldier is enough to help him grow stronger. 

Guile has been in Luke's shoes before. He also knows others who left to military to search for what they were looking for. Even though Guile would hate for the military to lose a skilled fighter like Luke, he sees no reason to stop Luke from fighting on his own terms. He then makes a toast to Luke's father and to his fight going forward.

Luke always viewed his father as simple, quiet, and reserved man prior to the incident. But after seeing how his father conducted himself that day, he quickly realized that his impression of his father was all wrong. Luke has now decided to fight his own battle and vowed to become the man his father was in the future.

Arcade Ending:

FFYvMlxXEAgrjHe?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Shadaloo Data:

FFYvNDRXwAsztef?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Hard to believe we've been doing this since 2016. 

The roughest time had to be win when Poison, Lucia, and Honda were released. That ish was so hard. I was up the entire night into the morning getting those. 

It's been fun gathering win quotes for the entire cast since the beginning. 

And we appreciate so much all the time and effort you put into doing these!

Looking forward to SF6 with ya.

9 hours ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

And we appreciate so much all the time and effort you put into doing these!

Doctrine_Dark was the only thing keeping the story thread alive towards the end of SRK's life. I knew I couldn't beat him in a FT10 with this dodgy netcode so I couldn't gain control of you nerd's realm through Mortal Kombat.

Now i'm here talking about how Luke's life and wondering who the terrorists who killed his father were.

Cursed for all eternity to care about this story. 😭

14 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I know @Miðgarðsormis really busy. I'll tag him but I'm not sure if he'd be able to help. 

Argh, I really can't as of now. I've yet to reply to two @Lord_Veganotifications from a month ago... I hope to do so in about a week, but don't get your hopes up.
Anyway, the first question Yoshiyuki Hirai (noted Japanese actor and comedian) asks before the actual interview is how much time is spent for creating a single character, to which Nakayama replies "Over a year and a half".

19 minutes ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

Argh, I really can't as of now. I've yet to reply to two @Lord_Veganotifications from a month ago... I hope to do so in about a week, but don't get your hopes up.
Anyway, the first question Yoshiyuki Hirai (noted Japanese actor and comedian) asks before the actual interview is how much time is spent for creating a single character, to which Nakayama replies "Over a year and a half".

It's not a big deal. I figured you were bogged down, you've told us as much. So please don't stress about it. 

Yeah it's not really stated but a few have acknowledged religions:

Dhalsim worships Agni

Sagat's Buddhist

Charlie depending on the continuity went from agnostic to atheist or in the comics a believer in Gill's cult

Kolin is one of the most overt followers of Gill

Guile in one of his non canon outfits has  dog tags that not only say he has the surname of Williams, but is listed as a Christian

Also, despite the weirdness with the SFV Brazil stage not using Christ the redeemer statue (cause apparently Capcom would have to pay to use it), Jesus has been referenced in some form in SF3 (Alex's "JESUS!" when he gets I think, chipped out, and all the people like Yun and Yang, cracking wanna-be saviour remarks to Gill.

On 12/2/2021 at 3:42 PM, ShockDingo said:

Yeah it's not really stated but a few have acknowledged religions:

Dhalsim worships Agni

Sagat's Buddhist

Charlie depending on the continuity went from agnostic to atheist or in the comics a believer in Gill's cult

Kolin is one of the most overt followers of Gill

Guile in one of his non canon outfits has  dog tags that not only say he has the surname of Williams, but is listed as a Christian

Also, despite the weirdness with the SFV Brazil stage not using Christ the redeemer statue (cause apparently Capcom would have to pay to use it), Jesus has been referenced in some form in SF3 (Alex's "JESUS!" when he gets I think, chipped out, and all the people like Yun and Yang, cracking wanna-be saviour remarks to Gill.

When i read the sf wiki, it said that Charlie may be a "man of religion" aka a christian i believe, he did make some remarks about God. 

On 11/29/2021 at 4:25 AM, Doctrine_Dark said:

Dan to Luke: "You wanna know true strength? I'm right here, dude! Feast your eyes!"

Luke to Dan: "So, if I beat Saikyo-Style, does that make me the strongest there is? No way...What an anti-climax!"

Honda to Luke: "If it's power you seek, you've found it! It's called sumo wrestling!"

Luke to Honda: "Sumo wrestling, huh? I like the headbutting stuff."

Luke to Falke: "Going by the look on your face, I get the feeling you don't like me."
Falke to Luke: "It's not that I don't like you; it's just that I don't care."

Sakura to Luke: "You learn a thing or two when you follow someone really strong!"

Luke to Sakura: "Lesson learned: never underestimate a fighter in a school uniform!"

Luke to Ibuki: "Frickin' ninja kids messing 'round with bombs..."
Ibuki to Luke: "Hmph! They're fireworks, not bombs! And...I'm not some kid, you know!"

Luke to R. Mika: "Gonna be honest...I thought pro-wrestlers were all show, but you really rocked the rumble out there!"

R. Mika to Luke: "Does your MMA stand for "Military Martial Arts" or something? Not bad, whatever it is!"

Chun-Li to Luke: "You leave yourself far too open...A sign of your youth, I suppose."

Luke to Chun-Li: "Damn, that's some fancy footwork you got there! I learned a lot!"

Luke to Karin: "Y'know, I really did think you'd just be some spoiled dumbass, but I was wrong!"
Karin to Luke: "I know you expected some incompetent spoiled brat. Unfortunately for you, however, you face a Kanzuki!"

Luke to Nash: "Looks like you've got a lot going on, so how about we just say you let me win?"
Nash to Luke: "If you're a military man, I suggest you back off before the darkness gets you."

Luke to Ryu: "Whenever I hear the phrase "the path to strength", you spring to mind."
Ryu to Luke: "This marks the start of your journey to fighting on your own terms."

Luke to Vega: "Kinda cringe to go on about beauty during a fight, dude..."

Vega to Luke: "Yet another fool who could never understand true beauty..."

Balrog to Luke: "Quit jumpin' and die already!"

Luke to Balrog: "You throw a mean punch, but my footwork's got you beat!"

Guile to Luke: "I suggest you re-enlist and get your act together in boot camp."

Luke to Guile: "Thank you, sir! I'll follow my own path!"

Luke to Blanka: "I did survival training in the jungle, and, man, the humidity was my worst enemy.

Blanka to Luke: "I'm king of the jungle. My strength earned me the title."

Luke to Poison: "Put that whip away for half a damn second! Jeez!"

Poison to Luke: "Such a cutie. How about we test your manliness back at my place?"

Luke to Lucia: "Fighting a cop kinda gets me nervous. Like I'm a bad news kid again."

Lucia to Luke: "I know a rebel when I see one! Admit it: you were a bad kid! You still one?!"

Interesting that, with Luke, win and lose WQ complements each other more than with other characters (like Akira asking Alex for an autograph with Alex replying that he would only do that if she earns it).

Ibuki to Luke: "Hmph! They're fireworks, not bombs! And...I'm not some kid, you know!"

Luke to Ibuki: "Frickin' ninja kids messing 'round with bombs..."

There were quite some pretty looking guys around SFV. I wonder why Ibuki never hit on them?

Nash to Luke: "If you're a military man, I suggest you back off before the darkness gets you."

A nod to Shadaloo's (and perhaps even Secret Society) corruption in the army. I wonder how much Byron knows about it... or even if he's involved.

Luke to Blanka: "I did survival training in the jungle, and, man, the humidity was my worst enemy.

Just... ditch "it" and go commando, Luke...

Luke to Lucia: "Fighting a cop kinda gets me nervous. Like I'm a bad news kid again."

Lucia to Luke: "I know a rebel when I see one! Admit it: you were a bad kid! You still one?!"

It seems like went through a "bad kid" phase after Robert died.

Poison to Luke: "Such a cutie. How about we test your manliness back at my place?"

LOL! I LOVED this one! I really miss this kind of thing in SF. Somewhat flirty, in a kinda sexual way, but not that aggressive. Juri was an  example  of this in SSFIV and somewhat  in Shadow Falls towards Cammy. Something like MK11 but one or two notches down.

I wonder if Poison say the same thing in the jap text.

I really  liked what Capcom US did to Ken's story in Pocket Fighter where he wants to have a "cup of tea" with Morrigan  even though he  just married Eliza. Bear in mind that "to have a cup of tea" with someone have quite a few meanings...

On 12/2/2021 at 12:17 PM, Miðgarðsorm said:

I've yet to reply to two @Lord_Veganotifications from a month ago... I hope to do so in about a week, but don't get your hopes up.

I appreciate that. Take your time man. If you don't mind, I might add the Poison X Luke quote in the list, but only after you do those  (I'll provide the quote as soon as I format my PC and reinstalls the game). Again, no hurries. Thank you. 😃

On 12/2/2021 at 12:17 PM, Miðgarðsorm said:

The first question Yoshiyuki Hirai (noted Japanese actor and comedian) asks before the actual interview is how much time is spent for creating a single character, to which Nakayama replies "Over a year and a half".

Most of the season 5 characters came out in less time. Unless they were planning to do the Season 5 since mid 2019 as a backup plan in case SFVI got delayed?

I do know that Nakayama and the others were working on SFV since, at least, mid 2013....

Now, here's something interesting: Dog tags.

spacer.png

From what's written on those, Guile's full name, now, is officially Guile F. Williams and he is a christian. It seems that different costume might bring different info?

And here is Luke and Robert Sullivan dog tags (I think @Miðgarðsormmeant this one when he mentioned Luke's religion?):

spacer.png

spacer.png

VERY interesting.

Pictures credit to Yan.

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

So Luke's surname is Sullivan. I'm honestly surprised how much detail Capcom puts into dogtags. 

Indeed. Now I wonder what those numbers stand for... AF probably means Air Force? However, Nash and Robert seems to have a different number pattern when compared to Luke and Guile.

BTW, Williams as Guile's last name surely is a homage to the SF Movie with Van Damme.🤣

6 hours ago, Lord_Vega said:

LOL! I LOVED this one! I really miss this kind of thing in SF. Somewhat flirty, in a kinda sexual way, but not that aggressive. Juri was an  example  of this in SSFIV and somewhat  in Shadow Falls towards Cammy. Something like MK11 but one or two notches down.

I wonder if Poison say the same thing in the jap text.

Poison to Luke:「ふうん、ちょっとかわいいじゃないか。あたしの所で、男を磨くかい?」

It's the same thing.

9 hours ago, Lord_Vega said:

Indeed. Now I wonder what those numbers stand for... AF probably means Air Force? However, Nash and Robert seems to have a different number pattern when compared to Luke and Guile.

BTW, Williams as Guile's last name surely is a homage to the SF Movie with Van Damme.🤣

The Guile thing is weird. His name is actually William F. Guile just like the movie. They canonized it. If you look at his Battle Costume. He dog tags say Guile, William F. The screenshot is from his Halloween (Zombie) costume. I never realized they were inverted on that costume.

Sorry for interupting this conversation but i wanted to post the AAC entry ab the Hadoken.

はどうけん
波動拳【技】■ ストリートファイター/『 スト Ⅱ 』シリーズ/『 スト ZERO 』シリーズ/『 スト Ⅲ 』シリー ズ/『 スト EX 』シリーズ/『 VS. 』シリーズ/ストリートファイター ザ・ムービー/ポケットファイター

リュウ と ケン が 初 登場 時 から 持っ て いる 技 。昇龍拳 、竜巻旋風脚 と 合わせ て 「 三種の奥義 」 と 称される 。体内 の 気 を 両手 に 集め て 前方 へ 飛ば す 技 で 、いわゆる「 飛び道具 」の 代表 格 。「 スパIIX 」にて 、本来 は 殺人 拳 だっ た こと が 判明 し た 。

Hadoken【Technique】■ Street Fighter/“SF2” series/“SFZERO” series/“SF3” series/“SFEX” series/“Vs.” series/Street Fighter: The Movie/Pocket Fighter 

The technique Ryu and Ken had since their debut. In addition with Shoryuken and Tatsumaki Senpukyaku, it is called the “three types of mysteries”. Being a so-called representative of “projectiles”, it's a skill that collects ki in the body and fire it with both hands. In “SSF2”, it was discovered that it was originally a Satsujinken (Ansatsuken). 

Okay, now you guys can go back to what you were talking about. I'll try and post ab the Tatsumaki Senpukyaku later on in the day. Feel free to correct any mistakes. 

Okay i finished the last one. 

たつまきせんぶうきゃく
竜巻旋風脚【技】■ ストリートファイター/『 スト Ⅱ 』シリーズ/『 スト ZERO 』シリーズ/『 スト Ⅲ 』シリー ズ/『 スト EX 』シリーズ/『 VS. 』シリーズ/ストリートファイター ザ・ムービー/ポケットファイター

リュウ と ケン が 初 登場 時 から 持っ て いる 技 。昇龍拳 、波動 拳 と 合わせ て 「 三種 の 奥義 」 と 称さ れる 。どちら か といえば リュウ より も ケン の ほう が 得意 と し て いる よう だ 。「 スパ ⅡX 」 にて 、本来 は 殺人 挙 だっ た こと が 明らか に なっ た 。

Tatsumaki Senpukyaku【Technique】■ Street Fighter/“SF2” series/“SFZERO” series/“SF3” series/“SFEX” series/“Vs.” series/Street Fighter: The Movie/Pocket Fighter 

The technique Ryu and Ken had since their debut. Together along with Shoryuken and Hadoken, it is called the “three types of mysteries”. If anything, it appears that Ken is more skilled than Ryu. In “SSF2”, it became apparent that it was originally Satsujinken (Ansatsuken). 

Feel free to correct any mistakes. 

8 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Shoes don't look that big to me.....*stares at his Tims* Do I have Street Fighter feet? 🤔

Street Fighters are built different figuratively and literally, like i have never seen no shoes bigger than Robs. This is a supernatural phenomenon. I feel so bad for the people that has come in contact with him because we all know Robert was sending folks to the ER left and right. Guile's Flash Kick has nothing on this man Robert. 

@Lord_Vega Wanted your opinion on something.

Ryu's Alpha bio:

The hero has been training repeatedly in the ways of qi gong under the tutelage of the now deceased master Gouken from a time since before he could remember. A few months since defeating Sagat he continued to mature in mastering the art of controlling the Hadoken. Hearing rumors of a martial artist who wields a mysterious power known as "Psycho Power", he goes on a journey to confirm the validity of such a thing. At last he is grouped with Sagat for a rematch, but is again triumphant, so he goes back into training after being overwhelmed by a sense of emptiness. Since the story is set before "SF2" he retains a youthful appearance, with the addition of his hair becoming lighter and a white headband from "SF1" instead of red. A hidden mode called "Dramatic Battle" is named after the published animated movie and is the same as the movie, where you fight against Bison together with Ken.

Always found this bit about Psycho Power interesting. Even though it sounds like something Ryu would do, I don't believe anything in-game points to it. Then again, there's nothing that goes against it either. Do you believe this plot point was ultimately dropped? 

1 hour ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

Ryu's Alpha bio:

Always found this bit about Psycho Power interesting. Even though it sounds like something Ryu would do, I don't believe anything in-game points to it. Then again, there's nothing that goes against it either. Do you believe this plot point was ultimately dropped? 

The only publication that mentions this (as far as I'm concerned) is  AAC.  If I'm not mistaken, I believe that the SFZ "story" also mentions that Ryu was after a fighter who wielded a "mysterious power". That could apply to both Vega/Bison (Psycho Power) or Gouki/Akuma (Satsui no Hado). AASFZ doesn't mention anything about it. It could be a nod to Vega's AASFZ account where he finds Gouken in order to learn about the ansatsuken techniques (something that wasn't mentioned anywhere in-game). So, yeah, I think this plot point was dropped, even though Ryu ends up fighting Vega at the climax of the Zero arc... However, he was never pursuing him, but, instead, he was still after Gouki.

22 hours ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

Ryu's Alpha bio:

20 hours ago, Lord_Vega said:

The only publication that mentions this (as far as I'm concerned) is  AAC.  If I'm not mistaken, I believe that the SFZ "story" also mentions that Ryu was after a fighter who wielded a "mysterious power". That could apply to both Vega/Bison (Psycho Power) or Gouki/Akuma (Satsui no Hado). AASFZ doesn't mention anything about it. It could be a nod to Vega's AASFZ account where he finds Gouken in order to learn about the ansatsuken techniques (something that wasn't mentioned anywhere in-game). So, yeah, I think this plot point was dropped, even though Ryu ends up fighting Vega at the climax of the Zero arc... However, he was never pursuing him, but, instead, he was still after Gouki.

Hey wasn't this pointed out in the SFZERO3 plot  ?