Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

37 minutes ago, sKreetFighteZ said:

Hey wasn't this pointed out in the SFZERO3 plot  ?

Nope. In Zero 3, Ryu is still after answers about the evil energy building within him, Satsui no Hado. That paragraph in AAC (as far as I know) is the only source mentioning that Ryu was after Vega/Bison in Zero1 and 2 (it's the same story with very few differences). It has always been Vega after Ryu upon hearing he was the one who defeated (and scarred with a regular Shoryuken) Sagat. It is mentioned that Secret Point 48106 seems to be a place in Thailand where several fighters where gathering from time to time. Probably Ryu went there to find more challengers and met Vega (in Ryu's story, Vega brainwashes Ken).

44 minutes ago, Lord_Vega said:

Nope. In Zero 3, Ryu is still after answers about the evil energy building within him, Satsui no Hado. That paragraph in AAC (as far as I know) is the only source mentioning that Ryu was after Vega/Bison in Zero1 and 2 (it's the same story with very few differences). It has always been Vega after Ryu upon hearing he was the one who defeated (and scarred with a regular Shoryuken) Sagat. It is mentioned that Secret Point 48106 seems to be a place in Thailand where several fighters where gathering from time to time. Probably Ryu went there to find more challengers and met Vega (in Ryu's story, Vega brainwashes Ken).

Oh yeah, i sometimes get the Satsui no Hado and Psycho Power mixed up. I could have sworn i read something about Ryu being interested in Psycho Power or something. Speaking of Ryu and Psycho Power, in SF1, his and Ken's fireball attack was called "Psycho Fire" 

21 minutes ago, sKreetFighteZ said:

Oh yeah, i sometimes get the Satsui no Hado and Psycho Power mixed up. I could have sworn i read something about Ryu being interested in Psycho Power or something. Speaking of Ryu and Psycho Power, in SF1, his and Ken's fireball attack was called "Psycho Fire" 

Here's the YouTube video on those vhs tapes 

Hey guys i found some information I'd like to share with you all!

yr5vTWs.jpeg

So i was reading about Dhalsim’s fashion style in SF2 and it's talking about the 3 skulls he wears around his neck. It says that the 3 skulls represents the 3 elements that make up the world “火・水・土 ” (Fire, Water, Earth) , so I was wondering what are  you guys opinion on this because there is another theory that the 3 skulls Sim wears around his neck were the skulls of 3 dead children from his village. 

Here's the rest of the information if you'd like to read about it

ダルシムファッション の ひみつ

首の3つのドクロは世界を構成する要素 、“火・水・土 ” を表し 、ヨガマスターだけがつけることを許されているらしい 。

10 hours ago, sKreetFighteZ said:

Hey guys i found some information I'd like to share with you all!

yr5vTWs.jpeg

So i was reading about Dhalsim’s fashion style in SF2 and it's talking about the 3 skulls he wears around his neck. It says that the 3 skulls represents the 3 elements that make up the world “火・水・土 ” (Fire, Water, Earth) , so I was wondering what are  you guys opinion on this because there is another theory that the 3 skulls Sim wears around his neck were the skulls of 3 dead children from his village. 

Here's the rest of the information if you'd like to read about it

ダルシムファッション の ひみつ

首の3つのドクロは世界を構成する要素 、“火・水・土 ” を表し 、ヨガマスターだけがつけることを許されているらしい 。

I'm almost positive the skulls being those of children that had died from famine & drought is 100% canon from a 1st hand source

On 12/8/2021 at 12:04 AM, sKreetFighteZ said:

Here's the YouTube video on those vhs tapes

The first time I saw those stats, I thought it was something made up by Pony Canyon, who released a lot of those walkthrough tapes. However, those can be found in a SFV:AE gallery.

2 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

I'm almost positive the skulls being those of children that had died from famine & drought is 100% canon from a 1st hand source

Sarcastic much? 😅

There was also the theory that those skulls were frm children killed in a terrorist attack. But I'm pretty sure that was some White Wolf bullshit for the SF RPG game.

43 minutes ago, sKreetFighteZ said:

Hmm, then i wonder where the fire, water and earth theory comes in then ? I find it interesting 🤔

I'm pretty sure that @YagamiFirewas being sarcastic. Remembering the days where the second plot guide was being made under V*****.... There was a lot of "a guy from Capcom, who I won't say his name but he's a trustful source, said X stufff" type of info. Even if it was true, without printed/video/online evidence, it's pretty difficult to confirm the information.

BTW, wanna know how Robert died? 😅 Here:

20 minutes ago, Lord_Vega said:

The first time I saw those stats, I thought it was something made up by Pony Canyon, who released a lot of those walkthrough tapes. However, those can be found in a SFV:AE gallery.

Sarcastic much? 😅

There was also the theory that those skulls were frm children killed in a terrorist attack. But I'm pretty sure that was some White Wolf bullshit for the SF RPG game.

I'm pretty sure that @YagamiFirewas being sarcastic. Remembering the days where the second plot guide was being made under V*****.... There was a lot of "a guy from Capcom, who I won't say his name but he's a trustful source, said X stufff" type of info. Even if it was true, without printed/video/online evidence, it's pretty difficult to confirm the information.

BTW, wanna know how Robert died? 😅 Here:

Could have sworn some sorce said that the children died from famine. Sim's village always been going thru a lot so i think the famine theory would have fit better and yeah true, it's usually hard for me to find all this stuff without evidence 😪. I'm never getting over the fact that Robert is wearing gigantic shoes. 

15 minutes ago, sKreetFighteZ said:

Could have sworn some sorce said that the children died from famine. Sim's village always been going thru a lot so i think the famine theory would have fit better and yeah true, it's usually hard for me to find all this stuff without evidence 😪. I'm never getting over the fact that Robert is wearing gigantic shoes. 

I'll try to dig this information for you. Maybe there's something in Hadoken no Nazo/Mysteries of the Hadoken? I wonder if the "fashion style" section in AASFZ3 have something about those skulls too.

9 minutes ago, Lord_Vega said:

I'll try to dig this information for you. Maybe there's something in Hadoken no Nazo/Mysteries of the Hadoken? I wonder if the "fashion style" section in AASFZ3 have something about those skulls too.

Thank you, i have some of the AASFZ3 scans but i never really looked into Dhalsim’s fashion style at all. In the meantime i will share something else later on

On 12/6/2021 at 9:07 PM, Doctrine_Dark said:

Always found this bit about Psycho Power interesting. Even though it sounds like something Ryu would do, I don't believe anything in-game points to it. Then again, there's nothing that goes against it either. Do you believe this plot point was ultimately dropped? 

http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/arcade/c/sfa3ryu19.gif

http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/arcade/c/sfa3ryu20.gif

http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/arcade/c/sfa3ryu21.gif

I don't think it was dropped. It evolved into a two-way thing between Bison and Ryu. Initially at least, Ryu on some level sought Bison for answers and Bison sought Ryu out of a curiosity. By the time of SF4 (after A3/SF2), Bison wanted to see the evolution of Ryu's power and ultimately stopped Seth not because Seth was insubordinate but because he was interfering with Ryu's evolution as a fighter by trying to capture him and subjugate him (see Bison's SF4 ending where he tells Seth about his "plan").

Ironically, after SFA3/SF2, Akuma still wanted Ryu to give in to SNH but Bison just wanted Ryu to become the strongest version of himself and to see to it that it comes to fruition with a little push. Bison wasn't sure if Ryu was going to become SNH or MNK through the obstacle that is Necalli, but the end result if he survived would suit his appetites nevertheless.

Edited by Daemos
10 hours ago, Daemos said:

http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/arcade/c/sfa3ryu19.gif

http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/arcade/c/sfa3ryu20.gif

http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/arcade/c/sfa3ryu21.gif

I don't think it was dropped. It evolved into a two-way thing between Bison and Ryu. Initially at least, Ryu on some level sought Bison for answers and Bison sought Ryu out of a curiosity. By the time of SF4 (after A3/SF2), Bison wanted to see the evolution of Ryu's power and ultimately stopped Seth not because Seth was insubordinate but because he was interfering with Ryu's evolution as a fighter by trying to capture him and subjugate him (see Bison's SF4 ending where he tells Seth about his "plan").

Ironically, after SFA3/SF2, Akuma still wanted Ryu to give in to SNH but Bison just wanted Ryu to become the strongest version of himself and to see to it that it comes to fruition with a little push. Bison wasn't sure if Ryu was going to become SNH or MNK through the obstacle that is Necalli, but the end result if he survived would suit his appetites nevertheless.

Ryu just up here getting harassed by crazy ass madmen 😭. I feel sorry for him, the poor homeless boy just wants to train til his arms fall off and here come these idiots 😭 .

#justiceforryu

Hello mates. I'm here to post ab Patricia and Tom's bios from the AAC guide. 

Tom bios covering SF3/SF3SI/SF3TS 

トム【人物・♂】■ スト Ⅲ / スト Ⅲ 2nd

アレックス の トレーナー で 、 彼 の 父親 の 親友 。両親 と 生き 別 れ た アレックス と 、 ひとり 娘 パト リシア の 3 人 で 生活 し て いる 。 アレックス に とっ て 、父 の よう な 存在 で あり 、格闘家 として の 目標 でも ある 人物 。退役 軍人 で 、現在 は 米 軍 屈指 の 格闘 戦 の インストラクター として 基地 を まわっ て いる こと が 多い 。ある 日 、 金髪 の 男 ( ギル ) に ストリート ファイト で 敗れ 、 入院 。アレックス が 旅立つ きっかけ を 作っ た 。最後 は 回復 し て アレックス を 出迎える 。

■ スト III 3rd

アレックス の エンディング に 登場 。ふたたび 旅立っ た アレックス の 置き手紙 を 読み 、自分 を 越え て いく 彼 を 思っ て 感慨深 げ 。

Tom【Character・♂】■ SF3/SF3SI 

Alex's trainer and a close friend of his father. He lives with Alex, who have been separated from his parents and his only daughter, Patricia. A person whose like a father to Alex and also is his goal as a fighter. He's a veteran who currently travels around the base as one of the best fighting instructors in the US military. One day, he lost in a street fight with a blonde man (Gill) and was hospitalized, which created a chance for Alex to leave. In the end, he recovered and welcomes Alex.

■ SF3TS

Appearing in Alex's ending. After reading Alex's letter after he left on a journey, he was deeply moved by thinking of him as he surpasses himself.

Patricia bios covering SF3/SF3SI/SF3TS:

パトリシア【人物・♀】■ スト III /スト Ⅲ 2nd

アレックス の トレーナー 、 トム の ひとり 娘 。赤みがかった 金髪 の かわいらしい 少女 。アレックス の エンディング で は 、退院 し た 父 とともに アレックス を 元気 よく 迎える 。当年 とっ て 14 歳 。

■ スト Ⅲ 3rd

愛称 は 「 パット 」 。 アレックス の こと を 親しみ を こめ て 「 アレク 」 と 呼ん で いる 。父 と アレックス と 3 人 で キャンプ に 行く の を 楽しみ に し て お り 、アレックス が 旅 に 出 た こと は まだ 知ら ない 。

Patricia【Character・♀】■ SF3 New Generation/SF3 Second Impact 

Alex's trainer and Tom's only daughter. A pretty strawberry blonde girl. In Alex's ending, she cheerfully welcomes Alex together with her father, who was discharged from the hospital. She is currently 14 years old. 

■ Third Strike 

She is nicknamed “Pat” while Alex is familiarly called “Alec”. She looks forward to going camping with her father and Alex, but is still unaware that Alex has set out on a journey.

Please feel free to correct any mistakes. Please enjoy this 

I've been enjoying many of the character interaction quotes in Capcom Vs SNK 2. 

Bison/Athena:

"Psycho Power delivers true terror!"

"No! No! It gives people hopes and dreams!"

Both Bison and Athena use "Psycho Power", but both versions are completely different from one another. 

Bison/Sagat:

"That look in your eyes, you are like a terrified little animal."

"You should be ashamed of yourself as a martial artist. ・・・・ It is pathetic!"

Bison is always insulting Sagat.

Rugal/Cammy

"There is no need for calculations. I'm pretty sure I'll win 100% of the time."

"This is the kind of overconfidence that leads to mistakes."

Rugal/Sakura

“I have no blind spots in my extensive knowledge of all martial arts!”

“A " walking encyclopedia of martial arts" you could say!”

I love this interaction. Both are mimics, but Rugal is dimensions greater than Sakura in that area. She could learn a lot fighting alongside him.

Ken/Akuma

"I'll surpass both you and Ryu!"

"Hmph... That bark, show me what you can do."

Bison/Geese

"It's not so bad to be working with you like this."

"We will not be friends for very long, though. ......"

Bison/Akuma

"It is my desire to have the entire world in my hands!"

"I only seek out the strongest ・・・・!"

There may not be a whole lot of story stuff, but the dialogue in that game is hella top-notch.

Edited by Doctrine_Dark
On 12/14/2021 at 9:42 AM, Doctrine_Dark said:

I've been enjoying many of the character interaction quotes in Capcom Vs SNK 2. 

Bison/Athena:

"Psycho Power delivers true terror!"

"No! No! It gives people hopes and dreams!"

Both Bison and Athena use "Psycho Power", but both versions are completely different from one another. 

Bison/Sagat:

"That look in your eyes, you are like a terrified little animal."

"You should be ashamed of yourself as a martial artist. ・・・・ It is pathetic!"

Bison is always insulting Sagat.

Rugal/Cammy

"There is no need for calculations. I'm pretty sure I'll win 100% of the time."

"This is the kind of overconfidence that leads to mistakes."

Rugal/Sakura

“I have no blind spots in my extensive knowledge of all martial arts!”

“A " walking encyclopedia of martial arts" you could say!”

I love this interaction. Both are mimics, but Rugal is dimensions greater than Sakura in that area. She could learn a lot fighting alongside him.

Ken/Akuma

"I'll surpass both you and Ryu!"

"Hmph... That bark, show me what you can do."

Bison/Geese

"It's not so bad to be working with you like this."

"We will not be friends for very long, though. ......"

Bison/Akuma

"It is my desire to have the entire world in my hands!"

"I only seek out the strongest ・・・・!"

There may not be a whole lot of story stuff, but the dialogue in that game is hella top-notch.

Bison always talking shit 

On 12/9/2021 at 2:06 PM, sKreetFighteZ said:

then i wonder where the fire, water and earth theory

From the source it's from the SF2 Movie so that may not be canon with what Capcom's own version of Dhalsim goes with. 

So it may be something in Hinduism

According to the article, those 3 elements do make up the 5 essential elements Inn the religion and they connect to the 5 senses of the human body, different elements can be merged to create new elements which in turn can enhance the human body. 

Alex is a protagonist that aged badly to fans. Sean was more even liked than him even he is put into a very negative situation by the writers

Another one was Alfred was another protagonist that aged badly in appeal.

Rock howard  and Asura were successfull protagonist

What do you think with Luke in the future?

He already just something like Alfred from real bout that feels so disconnect and force in the SF.

11 hours ago, N-Tactix said:

From the source it's from the SF2 Movie so that may not be canon with what Capcom's own version of Dhalsim goes with. 

So it may be something in Hinduism

According to the article, those 3 elements do make up the 5 essential elements Inn the religion and they connect to the 5 senses of the human body, different elements can be merged to create new elements which in turn can enhance the human body. 

Oh yeah, this theory does also make sense given the fact of Dhalsim's spiritual nature . Thank you for this insight

Alex was a better protag than luke because of him having direct connection of his motouation to the recent plot. IMHO

While Luke feels disconnected other than being liked to Guile and his motivation is so generic thaf  he want to be a hero guy because personal reasons that never related to anyone in SF. It very Alfred,

I really wonder how will he will be relevant and valuable as a character in SF6.

Other than Capcom suddenly create another super secret oraganization independent from previous organization that would come out of nowhere to force luke's relevance being huge.

They should had made Guile as his new father figure as he entered the military to atleast made him valuable to him for future plots.

That if anything happens to Guile would be his new motivation to soughtout to fight a organization.

However his relationship with Guile is kinda not that special in the story.

Here's the bios for the CIA

CIA【組織】■ スト III 3rd

実在 する アメリカ の 中央情報局 「 Central Intelligence Agency 」 の 略称 。 本作 で は、 世界中で 発生 し て いる 奇妙 な 事件 を 追う うち の 存在 に 気づき 、 彼 の および 事件 と の 関連 を調査 し て いる 。

CIA【Organization】■ SF3TS 

The existing abbreviation of the American “Central Intelligence Agency”. In the game, they are aware of strange incidents occurring in the world, and are in the process of investigating a link between the incidents and a mysterious man.

ジュリアン【人物・♀】■ スト III 3rd

Q の エンディング に 登場 する 、CIA の 女性 捜査官 。世界 各地 で 発生 し た 猟奇 事件 の 共通 点 と し て 謎の男 (Q) が からん で いる こと を 発見 し た 。

Juliana【Character・♀】■ SF3TS 

A female CIA investigator who appears in Q's ending. She discovers a mysterious man (Q) who have been linked as a common point of the bizarre incidents that occurred in various parts of the world.

デビッド【人物・♂】■ スト Ⅲ 

Q の エンディング に 登場 する 、CIA の 捜査官 。お調子者 で やや 緊張 感 に 欠ける 。Q に 関する ジュリアン の 報告 を 一笑に付そ う と し た 。

David【Character・♂】■ SF3TS

A CIA investigator who appears in Q's ending. He's an easily elated person and lacks a sense of tension. He tries to laugh at Juliana's report regarding Q.

リチャード=バーグマン 【人物・♂】■ スト Ⅲ 

CIA の 広報官 。Q に関する レポート 内 で 、Q の 存在 は まだ 正式 に は 肯定 でき ない 、と 語っ て い る 。 ゲーム 中 に は 姿 を 見せ ない 。

Richard Bergman【Character・♂】■ SF3TS

C.I.A's public relations official. Regarding the report about Q, he says that Q's existence is unable to be officially confirmed yet. He doesn't appear in the game.

Please enjoy this and correct any mistakes. Have a great x-mas

It's a bit unfair to compare Luke to Alex when Luke's appeared in a game he wasn't supposed to be in. The most Capcom could do is establish his fighting style, connections and personality through his animations, voice lines and winquotes. His personality is already better than Ryu, Alex, Abel and Rashid. 

He's not a boring plank of wood like Ryu and Abel. He's not someone who'll run away from a fight like Rashid. And he's not copying Guile or Ryu when it comes to motivations like Alex does in SFIII.

On 12/16/2021 at 8:15 PM, Shakunetsu said:

Sean was more even liked than him even he is put into a very negative situation by the writers

That's not true at all. He was a highly requested character throughout SFIV's lifespan, which resulted in him being the 1st DLC character. Japan, North America, it doesn't matter where you look, Alex is more popular and liked. 

On 12/11/2021 at 4:06 AM, Pair of Rooks said:

Completely OT but where do you get that colorful art for your AV and profile?

It's from Street Fighter World Warrior Encyclopedia: Arcade edition

1 hour ago, BootyWarrior said:

It's a bit unfair to compare Luke to Alex when Luke's appeared in a game he wasn't supposed to be in. The most Capcom could do is establish his fighting style, connections and personality through his animations, voice lines and winquotes. His personality is already better than Ryu, Alex, Abel and Rashid. 

He's not a boring plank of wood like Ryu and Abel. He's not someone who'll run away from a fight like Rashid. And he's not copying Guile or Ryu when it comes to motivations like Alex does in SFIII.

That's not true at all. He was a highly requested character throughout SFIV's lifespan, which resulted in him being the 1st DLC character. Japan, North America, it doesn't matter where you look, Alex is more popular and liked. 

It's from Street Fighter World Warrior Encyclopedia: Arcade edition

Yeah it is. It's an image of Falke.

On 12/2/2021 at 10:42 PM, ShockDingo said:

Yeah it's not really stated but a few have acknowledged religions:

Dhalsim worships Agni

Sagat's Buddhist

Charlie depending on the continuity went from agnostic to atheist or in the comics a believer in Gill's cult

Kolin is one of the most overt followers of Gill

Guile in one of his non canon outfits has  dog tags that not only say he has the surname of Williams, but is listed as a Christian

Also, despite the weirdness with the SFV Brazil stage not using Christ the redeemer statue (cause apparently Capcom would have to pay to use it), Jesus has been referenced in some form in SF3 (Alex's "JESUS!" when he gets I think, chipped out, and all the people like Yun and Yang, cracking wanna-be saviour remarks to Gill.

Dhalsim praying to Agni put him on hinduism boat 😄

Somebody pointed out Luke tag that have him on Jesus crew

I remember back then on SRK when we tried to figure out nationalities, Kolin being  -probably- ukranian from Kyiv may link her to some kind of christian belief background, wich may have made for her easier see in Gill some sort or Archangel Michael (saint protector of the city). Guess eastern orthodoxy... but now she believe simply in Gill i guess

Considering how many japanese we got in SF safe bet at least some pratice Shintoism, Buddhism or both

Example in Akuma's and Gouken's case the religion theme is bit more evident (to begin with they got prayer beads, but not only that)

Also Ryu offfer some room for spiritualism, see the whole Kage thing being related to religion

Oro aim at become a Sennin, wich mean he believe Taoism to some extent

G believe seems to believe in Gaia as the deity of earth, wich is not made up but part of ancient greek beliefs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaia

Rashid being muslim guess is safe bet

Chun Li pray on her father's grave, not sure her religion but she's a believer of some sort

We know Ken married Eliza, but in one SF2 ending we seen him carrying her to church, meaning they did christian religious marriage (not full proof as she may be the only religious one in the couple, but still)

Also we know from xmas side story they celebrate christmas in their family

From same side story we see Zangief play as Ded Moroz (some sort of russian Santa Claus), but is not much clear if you can count it as religious proof as from what i understand is a figure sometimes considered non-christian, sometimes linked to orthodox

If anything back to soviets we may say he was some sort of anti-religion symbol

"Due to the suppression of religion during the Soviet regime,St Nicholas was replaced by Ded Moroz or Grand father frost or Father frost  the Russian Spirit of Winter who brought gifts on New Year’s not Christmas .He is accompanied to Snyegurochka , the Snow Maiden , who helps distribute the gifts."

My 2cents, Zangief believe in Mother Russia and Muscles

Necalli and Aztec world is easy link, but hard say if he was a believer of anything beyond devour devour. But guess at least part of him (the Warrior Prophet) was a believer of their gods

T.Hawk guess probably share same religion of his native tribe

Bonus: Seth have biblical name, a fucking tao in his belly and probably believe in nothing lol

23 hours ago, BootyWarrior said:

No contest Alex is popular than Sean but for being more liked I might be looking in wrong niche. 

23 hours ago, BootyWarrior said:

It's a bit unfair to compare Luke to Alex when Luke's appeared in a game he wasn't supposed to be in.

Agreed on the whole personality things being better, Alfred had a good personality too.

But the problem was really in his motivation to be being involved as a street fighter is just very generic. Like someone wanted to be the face of justice because of personal unrelated things happen when his young.

It's unrelated to shadaloo, secret society or anyone that appeared as an SF other than just like a generic SF1 character motivation. 

Either want fight money, being popular fighter, being strongest fighter or want to bring justice because of a dramatic event that is not really directly connected for him being a "regular" street fighter.

His like Terry Bogard, Alex and Chun li but no Geese, Secret Society and Bison to bea reason to have a strong conviction that can  him a series regular and a reccuring character.

Alex had Tom and Secret Society

Abel had Seth and Shadaloo along with his origin backstory 

Rashid has Fang and her friend scientist

Ed has Bison and origin backstory like 

Rufus had tournament and ken masters

Juri had trauma, bison and accident

Necali has prophecy and hungry

But Luke has his childhood trauma and his father that had unrelated thing?

Personality wise Luke pasable same as Alfred but being having a reasonable way to remain a series regular feels so detach and forced.

Alex can stay in background even the secret society isn't the focus of the story like in s1 of SFv because his a character that has connection with the whole SF universe due to secret society and tom being long existed.

Edited by Shakunetsu
15 hours ago, Dracu said:

Wow! Welcome Cestus! We've missed you around here!

What's your take on Luke, bro?

Hi dude!
Going straight to the point before lose myself in usual review shit, my impression of Luke is very positive, let's say a 7.5/10, but would have been an 8 or more with few adjustement

In short he's not perfect and have wide room for improvement, but at same time he's much better than some internet people gave him credit for (specially in terms of early reactions after first trailer or SF-hating eventhubs trolls lol) and reassured me on some things regarding SF6

Longer version

⬇️

Spoiler

There are some details from the concept art

Street Fighter on Twitter: "Tune in to the #SFVFallUpdate as we dive into  the backstory and move set of the final #SFV character, Luke! ⭐ Check out  this early preview of Luke's

that i wish they followed better (hair color for example), but overall it's a pretty good design for SF
Not a fan of the tattoos, make him bit too busy, maybe they could have toned it down a bit both in color (blue instead black?) and quantity

The giant forearms thing could have been slighty less evident while still be there (it's cool SF still care give very specific/recognizable body type to each char), but i guess they really wanted hard him to have Bakugou (my hero academia) kind of silhuette while throwing hands lol

But again design wise it's a good character, and overall still mantain alive the kind of colourful anime stereotypes typical of SF that i wish to find again in SF6.
Also i liked SFV story made him leave the army and sport actual fighter costume as main official look instead be one more "army guy" as standard design

Style wise i LOVE we got him as first "standard" MMA fighter with classic MMA look (regardless of profiles saying "mma" Abel obviously a Sambo guy in Sambo uniform)
Only thing i wish is his moveset reflected it bit more

Dude have basically zero grappling (closest is his B-throw where he shows bit of thai clinch and grab head while throwing knees) and even his kicks arsenal is bit too poor in comparision with hands even considering he clearly prefer punch than kick (he's even been designed to be like that, see forearms)
Would have liked if somehow they gave him something like this

sean-tacklehold.gif

as special throw, maybe as one more possible follow-up of the run special he already have (the one that have shoulder charge or wheel kick as follow ups)
After all takedown -> ground-and-pound is MMA signature move as you can get lol

Actually if we think about some Ralf (KoF) could have been even material for an epic CA, maybe next game lol

Would also like more grappling type of F-throw (in current one he just throw some punches), some sort of slam or throw i guess, to show as MMA guy he's decent/know shit in that area too

And maybe some sort of kick special as anti-air instead make him one more flying uppercut guy, we already have like 7-8 of them and maybe i'm even missing somebody lol

By the way i liked they made him mainly a puncher but would have appreciated bit MMA style variety of moves to distance him more from Ed, who's already a 100% striker who mostly punch (wich make more sense for him as Rog disciple)  with very few kicks

Review shit aside, dude is fun af to play

6 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@CESTUS III

Glad to you see you back man.

Thanks dude!

After join i sent a PM to Tatsuroko too, hope he reach us here, he was a cool guy

Edited by CESTUS III

One of the things i found interesting in SF2 were these character bios they had, however there's a difference between the international versions and the japanese version as the japanese versions give slightly more info than what the international versions give us so i decided to put them all here.

SF2 Character profiles (International version):

Ryu:

Date of Birth: 7-21-1964
Height: 5’10”
Weight: 150lbs.
3-size: B44/W31/H33
Blood Type: O

Ken:

Date of Birth: 2-14-1965
Weight: 169lbs.
3-size: B44/W32/H33
Blood Type: B

E.Honda:

Date of Birth: 11-3-1960
Height: 6’2”
Weight: 304lbs.
3-size: B83/W70/H82
Blood Type: A

Chun-Li:

Date of Birth: 3-1-1968
Height: 5’8”
Weight: Unknown
3-size: B34/W22/H35

Blanka:

Date of Birth: 2-12-1966
Height: 6’5”
Weight: 218lbs.
3-size: B77/W47/H67

Zangief:

Date of Birth: 6-1-1958
Height: 7’
Weight: 256lbs.
3-size: B64/W50/H59

Guile:

Date of Birth: 12-23-1960
Height: 6’1”
Weight: 191lbs.
3-size: B49/W32/H35

Dhalsim:

Date of Birth: 11-22-1953
Weight: 107lbs. (* he can change height and weight to some extent *)
3-size: B42/W18/H25

Balrog (Boxer):

Date of Birth: 9-4-1968
Height: 6’5”
Weight: 252lbs.
3-size: B47/W35/H39

Sagat:

Date of Birth: 7-2-1955
Height: 7’4”
Weight: 283lbs.
3-size: B51/W34/H37

Vega (Claw):

Date of Birth: 1-27-1967
Height: 6’
Weight: 208lbs.
3-size: B48/W29/H33

M.Bison (Dictator):

Date of Birth: Unknown
Height: 5’11”
Weight: 254lbs.
3-size: B52/W34/H36

T.Hawk:

Date of Birth: 7-21-1959
Height: 7’6”
Weight: 383lbs.
3-size: B57/W39/H44

Cammy:

Date of Birth: 1-6-1974
Height: 5’5”
Weight: 101lbs.
3-size: B34/W22/H35

Fei Long:

Date of Birth: 4-29-1969
Height: 5’9”
Weight: 168lbs.
3-size: B43/W30/H31

Dee Jay:

Date of Birth: 10-31-1965
Height: 6’3”
Weight: 234lbs.
3-size: B51/W35/H37
Blood Type: AB

and here's the japanese versions. 

SF2 Character profiles (Japanese version):

Ryu:

Birthday: 1964-7-21
Height: 175 cm
Weight: 68 kg
3-size: B112/W81/H85

すきなもの: ぶどういっぱん
                         みずようかん
きらいなもの: くも (こんちゅう)

★ こんかいのたびで 、しんのかくとうかに なれるか ? ケンをおってかいがいへ....

Ken:

Birthday: 1965-2-14
Height: 176 cm
Weight: 76 kg
3-size: B114/W82/H86

すきなもの: スケボー 、スパゲティ
きらいなもの: うめぼし

★ アメリカに 、むしゃしゅぎょうにきた はずが 、こいびととあまいひととき 。リュウのてがみで 、たちあがる 。

E.Honda:

Birthday: 1960-11-3
Height: 185 cm (まげふくむ)
Weight: 137 kg
3-size: B212/W180/H210

すきなもの: ふろ 、ちゃんこなべ
                            ティラミス
きらいなもの: ゆうじゅうふだん

★ ジャパニーズスモウレスラー 。どんなピンチも 、こんじょうできりぬける 。

Chun-Li:

Birthday: 1968-3-1
Height: 170 cm
Weight: ひみつ!! 
3-size: B88/W58/H90

すきなもの: クレープ 、フルーツるい
きらいなもの: ベガ

★ ゆくえふめいのちちをさがすけいじ 。あくのそしき “シャドルー” をおい 、むじん のきゃくせんびがうなる 。

Blanka:

Birthday: 1966-2-12
Height: 192 cm
Weight: 98 kg
3-size: B198/W120/H172

すきなもの: サマンサ 、ピラルク
きらいなもの: ぐんたいアリ

★ ジャングルで 、しぜんをあいてにそだったやせいじ 。そうぞうをぜっするスピードでうごきまわる 。

Zangief:

Birthday: 1956-6-1
Height: 211 cm
Weight: 115 kg
3-size: B163/W128/H150

すきなもの: レスリング
                       コサックダンス
きらいなもの: とびどうぐ

★ いこもこあるロシアのだいちからやってきた 。はがねのからだをもつ もとやみプロレスラー 。

Guile:

Birthday: 1960-12-23
Height: 182 cm
Weight: 86 kg
3-size: B125/W83/H89

すきなもの: アメリカンコーヒー
きらいなもの: にほんで 、リュウ にくわされたなっとう

★ せんゆう"ナッシュ" のかたきをさいしをおいて 、たび にでた 。

Dhalsim:

Birthday: 1952-11-22
Height: 176 cm
Weight: 48 kg
3-size: B107/W46/H65

すきなもの: カレー 、めいそう
きらいなもの: あまいもの

★ ヨガのちからで 、あさないこどものためひとりたたかう 、こどくなファイター 。

M.Bison (Balrog):

Birthday: 1968-9-4
Height: 198 cm
Weight: 102 kg
3-size: B120/W89/H100

すきなもの: おんな 、 バーボン
きらいなもの: さかな 、さんすう 、
                            どりょく

★ アメリカンドリームをして いくボクサー 。なりあがりだが 、テクニックはピカイチ 。

Sagat:

Birthday: 1955-7-2
Height: 226 cm
Weight: 78 kg
3-size: B130/W86/H95

すきなもの: つよいたいせんあいて
きらいなもの: しょうりゅうけん

★ このたたかいで 、さいどちょうじょうをめざす 、かって の ていおう 。

Balrog (Vega):

Birthday: 1967-1-27
Height: 186 cm
Weight: 72 kg
3-size: B121/W73/H83

すきなもの: うつくしい もの 、
                          じぶんじしん
きらいなもの: みにくいもの

★ うつくしいものいがいは 、そんざい かち か ない と おもっ て いる ナルシスト 。

Vega (M.Bison):

Birthday: ????-4-17
Height: 182 cm
Weight: 80 kg
3-size: B129/W85/H91

すきなもの: せかいせいふく
きらいなもの: よわいもの 、むのうなぶか

★ おくのオーラにみをつつみ 、みずからさいきょうをなのるかくとうおう 。

T.Hawk:

Birthday: 1959-7-21
Height: 230 cm
Weight: 162 kg
3-size: B144/W98/H112

すきなもの: どうぶつ 、かみかざり
きらいなもの: うそ

★ ぶあいそうたがなさけにあついファイター 。ひとたびおこるとてがつけられ なくなる 。

Cammy:

Birthday: 1974-1-6
Height: 164 cm
Weight: 46 kg
3-size: B86/W57/88

すきなもの: ねこ
きらいなもの: ふきげんなとこめに つくもの

★ おさないながらとくしゅぶたいのエキスパート 。シャドルーをかいめつできるか ?!

Fei Long:

Birthday: 1969-4-23
Height: 172 cm
Weight: 60 kg
3-size: B108/W76/H80

すきなもの: カンフー 、じこしゅちょう
きらいなもの: むきりょく 、むかんどう 、 むかんしん

★ スクリーン の スター から たたかい の ヒーロー へ!! じまんのパンチがさくれつする!! 

Dee Jay:

Birthday: 1965-10-31
Height: 184 cm
Weight: 92 kg
3-size: B130/W89/H94
Blood Type: AB 

すきなもの: さけぶ 、おどる 、うたう
きらいなもの: せいじゃく

★ つねにわらいをたやさないようきなファイター 。(たとえねるときでも)

here's some of the videos i found about them. 

Edited by sKreetFighteZ

Luke's appearance and gameplay wasn't the real issue here.

Obviously and clearly. Whatever forum. 

This is not about personal opinion or taste.

GAMEPLAY

Almost everyone see his gameplay positively. His gameplay is his best asset so far.

APPEARANCE

His appearance had divided opinions. some are positive and some are negative.

PERSONALITY

His personality and character design had divided opinions.

STORY

But clearly everyone that are had been OPTIMISTIC  and looking forward to LUKE's story in SFV.

Are all DISAPOINTED when it was REVEALED.

It has no real motivation and connection it extreme lazy, generic and bland...

not something fitting for a new protag to carry long establish franchise.

His story writing as a introduction to new protag for a long establish franchise. Its not something can be said subjective taste for as story because its poor writing overall. 

Who THE HELL praise Luke having the best writing story of INTRODUCING a NEW PROTAG in a long establish video game? To make it seem subjective LOL

It's not even pasable as an average protag story in a long establish franchise. IM in a STORY THREAD so im pointing clearly his story.

Edited by Shakunetsu
Just now, sKreetFighteZ said:

One of the things i found interesting in SF2 were these character bios they had, however there's a difference between the international versions and the japanese version as the japanese versions give slightly more info than what the international versions give us so i decided to put them all here.

SF2 Character profiles (International version):

Lol SF weights stats have been random af for decades 😄

SFV have mostly good ones, probably the best we ever got (aside Abigail lol)

3 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Lol SF weights stats have been random af for decades 😄

SFV have mostly good ones, probably the best we ever got (aside Abigail lol)

Yeah i know but I  just found it interesting lol. And Abigail's weight is no better than Gill's weight according to the wiki. Them 745 ass pounds he got, that don't make no sense. (I'd like to think his weight comes from his wig he got 😌).

From what i anticipated was almost right.

That SF6 wont be a time travel and everything about the time travel will be automatic occurred and did happen.

Its not exactly but its close to what they said lately that everything in SF5 already past SF3 and the changes are already applied by Rose being on a time loop.

Since it would cost a huge effort to create another separate time travel story along with a present story in a single fighting game.

===========////===========

With that in mind. IM NOW ANTICIPATING Luke's father and Luke's story along with his motivation would be RETCON.

Retcon to what? Retcon to something impactful to the SF universe and interconnected to anyone important 

Edited by Shakunetsu
4 hours ago, sKreetFighteZ said:

Yeah i know but I  just found it interesting lol. And Abigail's weight is no better than Gill's weight according to the wiki. Them 745 ass pounds he got, that don't make no sense. (I'd like to think his weight comes from his wig he got 😌).

Yeah, iirc both Gill and Urien used to have a crazy weight (745lbs/338kg) back to SF3 data, but i took it as an intentional hint from capcom that their body, modified through Secret Society tech and genetic manipulation, had much higher bone/muscle density and weight compared to normal people... making them essentially "superhumans"

Essentially something like Kengan Ashura manga (wich got released after SF3, just using it as example)  character Wakatsuki Takeshi, who weights almost 200kg (440lbs) despite being relatively "small" for that weight(way larger fighters than him weight much less), because he's born with a condition that made his muscle mass super dense

Spoiler

002-164.png

003-165.png

004-164.png

ever thought SF3 Gill and Urien used to have a similar condition, but artificially caused by Secret Society eugenics and experiments

In SFV Capcom seems to have dropped that idea though, and Urien is listed as "just" 120kg, wich in SF could work for his size, while Gill is listed just as "unknown" iirc

We knew also that Q had probably incredible density and weight, would guess higher than Gill/Urien... and maybe he was a Secret Society experiment too, but we still don't know the truth about him (some other freaks from same game like Necro and Twelve are the result of SS experiments though, even if their abilities are pretty different)

12 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Yeah, iirc both Gill and Urien used to have a crazy weight (745lbs/338kg) back to SF3 data, but i took it as an intentional hint from capcom that their body, modified through Secret Society tech and genetic manipulation, had much higher bone/muscle density and weight compared to normal people... making them essentially "superhumans"

Essentially something like Kengan Ashura manga (wich got released after SF3, just using it as example)  character Wakatsuki Takeshi, who weights almost 200kg (440lbs) despite being relatively "small" for that weight(way larger fighters than him weight much less), because he's born with a condition that made his muscle mass super dense

Reveal hidden contents

002-164.png

003-165.png

004-164.png

ever thought SF3 Gill and Urien used to have a similar condition, but artificially caused by Secret Society eugenics and experiments

In SFV Capcom seems to have dropped that idea though, and Urien is listed as "just" 120kg, wich in SF could work for his size, while Gill is listed just as "unknown" iirc

We knew also that Q had probably incredible density and weight, would guess higher than Gill/Urien... and maybe he was a Secret Society experiment too, but we still don't know the truth about him (some other freaks from same game like Necro and Twelve are the result of SS experiments though, even if their abilities are pretty different)

Sounds logical. It makes sense given the fact that we almost know little to nothing about the secret society besides Kolin and Necro let alone the two brothers.