Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

20 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

It's always been ambiguous. I just assumed he was around the same age as Ken and Ryu.

Older I believe. 2-5 years older I would say.

Gouken took Dan as his student for a bit before he got kicked out. Ryu and Ken were young then. By the time Alpha rolled around, Dan's appearance was more mature as it is today while Ryu and Ken were visibly younger (They were 18-20).

Edited by Daemos

For the record, I have the Super inevitable, Ultra inevitable, and shorter, current thread backed up. I'm 99% sure the 18k post Warrior's Fate thread doesn't overlap with Discourse, and has been archived already. Should the need arise, will be able to convert the "new" threads into a readable format. 

Edited by JustBrowsing
Clarity
5 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

I believe this one is a guarantee.

----------------------------------------------------

I wouldn't be surprised to see the 5th character as something like a Tekken Character. Which I don't like also.

I sincerely hope this is the case.

It would be the smart thing to do as a bridge to SF6 which will very likely be an early PS5 release. They need to knock it out of the park with a really cool character.

4 minutes ago, YagamiFire said:

I sincerely hope this is the case.

It would be the smart thing to do as a bridge to SF6 which will very likely be an early PS5 release. They need to knock it out of the park with a really cool character.

I don't think SF is a priority for Capcom atm.  I'd be surprised if we see SF6 at all for the next couple of years.

13 minutes ago, misterBee said:

I don't think SF is a priority for Capcom atm.  I'd be surprised if we see SF6 at all for the next couple of years.

I dunno...jettisoning Ono suggests to me that they want to reinvigorate SF just like they've reinvigorated their Devil May Cry, Monster Hunter and Resident Evil brands

Those have been HUGE games for them and I think they want to enjoy that success with SF as well because the SF name recognition in the market place is absolutely massive

On 10/10/2020 at 1:25 AM, misterBee said:

They put the guy in charge of the Monster Hunter side of Capcom over the fighting game division.  That tells me that they have big plans. I don't think they'd bother otherwise.  They really seem to want to make E-Sports a thing and SFV is the only game apart of that.

42 minutes ago, Dragonfave723 said:

What about this stage concept which was revealed 4 years ago? The developers said back then that they wouldn't make this without having an Italian character in the game. 

AAab2SAABAYU.jpg

https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column/130196

🤔

That would make the most sense, honestly. I know Capcom back in SFZ2 essentially made Genoa Venice - every single detail IS Venice except for the Columbus statue and the Santa Maria sailing in the background -, but they should just go with it and directly make Venice's Grand Canal. Damn, I can recognise every building of that concept... If they ever do it, that would become my favourite stage ever.

On 10/6/2020 at 1:23 AM, JustBrowsing said:

Should you want to work with archive.org like last time, I've worked out how to get around the forever-scroll thing, but it'll be a fairly messy process - in short you'll need to split each thread up into batches of 20 posts, and for 10k threads...  I don't want to clog up this thread with that talk, but if this is your preferred option of archiving, please feel free to PM me, and we can get it done quickly again. I think.

There's no need to do that, but the problem is...

On 10/6/2020 at 1:34 AM, misterBee said:

I know I mentioned this to Darc with his custom character profiles, but it is always good practice to write out long-form posts in text files on your computer, and THEN post them onto forums.

This is good practice in case the forum ever dies/moves/breaks your posts.  You'll always have hard copies you can re-use or save for posterity.

I may or may not set up some kind of wiki/blog platform for people if that kind of content becomes very prevalent and there is a need for it -- but that is FAR down the road right now.

...I actually regularly did that, but pre-formatting the text for the SRK forums, so I should remove all of the old tags... Not to mention the fact that the images are in their own folders. Maybe it's time to seriously think about that blog idea, considering I keep finding out things.
The last one is so huge I almost didn't believe  my eyes: the manga where Capcom took moves for Gen, Lee, Yun and Yang from... And Sega for Virtua Fighter's Akira Yūki, Lion, Shun Di, Pai, Lau... Namco for Tekken's Michelle, Julia and Wang... Oh, and Akira Kazama. Her name, design AND martial art.

Edited by Miðgarðsorm

here's my thought into this about rose stage 

Same also with @Doctrine_Dark don’t mind this stage to return  

ec2c2346c0f5c7537f1eefc06c793b27cb19e290

because of the reference and being for multiple characters compatible with it not just Rose

and also because of this

WHY? I don't like that encounter feels like a date turned into a fight or someone meeting an enemy while having a vacation in a popular location rather than a confrontation being the priority. Yet the exemption would be if that were a tournament that needs to be live and in a popular location like how KOF does in early titles.

But if were prioritizing the character personality and familiarity then story settings. I think Rose belong more to this stage… 

65380ec5b114fb42946ba0446b2c9bbae6b07f0f

just a personal preference.

Edited by Shakunetsu
1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

I can see why most of them stayed. Story thread peeps are the most disconnected of the drama that went down. They have no reason to leave. 

I caught wind of what was going down and I was... displeased to say the least. 

It was time for me (and few others) to bounce. I lurked the forums for a hot minute to keep my CVS2 and SFA3 resources on lockdown and then finally made an account when KOFXIII came out which was still a while back. 

There has been a lot of strange shit happening the past few months. Not just COVID-19 but many other... unfortunate revelations as far as the FGC goes. People acting really funny. Either too PC or just plain disgusting and/or stupid. At the same time, I still hope everyone turns out okay in the end. 

And, that fighting games... especially SFV will prosper and keep playing on. While staying out of trouble. 

On 10/18/2020 at 5:01 AM, Hawkingbird said:

I can see why most of them stayed. Story thread peeps are the most disconnected of the drama that went down. They have no reason to leave. 

I still dont really know what 'happened'. I didnt really ever check the other threads at SRK I just wanna talk/read lore about my favourite game series. 

On 10/17/2020 at 9:01 PM, Hawkingbird said:

I've been posting in the SRK story threads for almost 20 years, it pains me to leave that place. But SRK isn't just a virtual place, it is wherever you guys are, be it here or there, and that's where I want to be.

Edited by Daemos

So I was just reading the most recent chapter of Dragon Ball Super. Goku and co have been squaring off with a powerful planet devouring wizard named Moro.

Goku (in typical Goku fashion) was impressed and felt it was unnecessary to destroy such power. That led to him trying to reason with him:

Q6SoEBU.jpg

98rxOEP.jpg

Moro is not a warrior at heart. He only gained power through consuming the life energy of planets. Even still, Goku believed he could've ended up more powerful if he trained instead.

Now this leads me to Bison: unlike Moro, Bison is a warrior at heart. Despite that, Bison is all about increasing his power through artificial means. If Ryu was to suggest Bison go off and train, I find it hard to believe Bison wouldn't respond in a similar manner. In Ultra SF2/HD Remix, Akuma talks about Bison allowing his Psycho Power to master him instead of mastering it:

EJlC1Pl.png

X9LdQIb.png

We know Akuma didn't start out this way. He was originally at a level that Gouken could handle. He eventually went on to become a problem the more he continued to improve. So let's assume Bison took up Akuma's mindset and choose to focus on harsh training above all else. Do you believe he could far outstrip the power gain that came with the Black Moons? Or is focusing on enhancing Psycho Power the artificial way a more favorable choice for Bison in the long-run?