Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

27 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

That's pretty cool, i ever LOVE read info about fighters that are part of SF Universe outside playable cast, make the world feel bigger and not limited to same few characters spammed over and over

Strange  see it's supposed to be some sort of mini-zangief (he's much lighter built), considering he's Rashid's master ever thought about a more acrobatic big dude style, more like T.Hawk

She's ever been my favourite of the dolls (wich tbh i never liked much as group), specially now that T.Hawk seems ever more destined to not be in playable cast she may be SF next native american rep

She also seems quite powerful for how she quickly handled Birdie even if by cheap shot... sure, SFV Birdie is weak (of the cast guess canon wise only Dan is worse) but still he defeated other weaker dolls like Aprile and Fevrier

Gave the impression she's the toughest of the dolls (maybe not counting Decapre)

It's my favorite part about SF, however if Capcom does a little exploration of what some of the unplayable can do, i think it would be something great. And yes, i don't mind Azam having a little inspiration from Zangief as it does shows the connection between the two the same way Ryu and Ken have similar fighting styles but have ways you can tell them apart. A little acrobatics won't harm anyone, it's kinda similar to Rashid too. 

The Dolls are okay as a group, but sometimes Capcom doesn't take much opportunity to display what they can do personally (especially the weapon users). Also, Noembelu is described as the physically strongest of all the Dolls and the Dolls powerhouse, so what better way to show it is by taking out ANOTHER POWERHOUSE of sorts...a gluttonous one at that. And that's one thing that concerns  me, in the AAC and the wiki, they are portrayed as one of Bison's elites so the fact that they are being shown as weak is a little off given the fact that they have rigorous training sessions and Bison's dislike for incompetent subordinates, this is a litte odd. 

@CESTUS IIINoembelu is the "muscle" of the dolls. She's physically the strongest of the group. Based on how they portray her she'd probably beat any doll besides Decapre/Cammy in a one on one fight. Juli/Juni and Xiayu/Jianyu are both implied to be at their best in pairs. After Noembelu it gets kind of dicey on a solo tier list While. Juli & Juni are more efficient as a pair. They'd have to be dangerous on their own, otherwise Bison would have chose different body guards. They'd have to be better as a pair than Xiayu/Jianyu because those two weren't chosen to be Bison's personal guard.

Edit: @sKreetFighteZEven the weaker dolls have to be competent fighters. Remember there are tiers of dolls. And all of the calendar dolls are at the elite of the elite.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
14 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@CESTUS IIINoembelu is the "muscle" of the dolls. She's physically the strongest of the group. Based on how they portray her she'd probably beat any doll besides Decapre/Cammy in a one on one fight. Juli/Juni and Xiayu/Jianyu are both implied to be at their best in pairs. After Noembelu it gets kind of dicey on a solo tier list While. Juli & Juni are more efficient as a pair. They'd have to be dangerous on their own, otherwise Bison would have chose different body guards. They'd have to be better as a pair than Xiayu/Jianyu because those two weren't chosen to be Bison's personal guard.

Edit: @sKreetFighteZEven the weaker dolls have to be competent fighters. Remember there are tiers of dolls. And all of the calendar dolls are at the elite of the elite.

Yeah, i understand what you're tryna get at, I just thought the Dolls would have been portrayed in a different way. I still love the Dolls nonetheless. 

1 hour ago, sKreetFighteZ said:

It's my favorite part about SF, however if Capcom does a little exploration of what some of the unplayable can do, i think it would be something great. And yes, i don't mind Azam having a little inspiration from Zangief as it does shows the connection between the two the same way Ryu and Ken have similar fighting styles but have ways you can tell them apart. A little acrobatics won't harm anyone, it's kinda similar to Rashid too.

I said i expected him MORE acrobatic, not that would bother me 😄

Similarity with Zangief does'nt have much sense, yeah they're both pro-wrestlers and are part of same club ("Muscle Soul Fighters Club") but beyond that they should give him his own original stuff, we don't really need a third lariat user after Haggar and Zangief lol

They could have gone for a pro wrestler big dude version of Rashid style, wind powers and spinning stuff

But all of this is really minimal problem, i doubt he will become a playable char in SF6 tbh

And that's one thing that concerns  me, in the AAC and the wiki, they are portrayed as one of Bison's elites so the fact that they are being shown as weak is a little off given the fact that they have rigorous training sessions and Bison's dislike for incompetent subordinates, this is a litte odd. 

Being weak next to a SF main cast character =/= being weak, SFers are exceptional individuals

Example while very low in the SF food chain Birdie is still immensely strong compared to normal people, dude fucked up a train back to the alpha days lol

For what's worth for the little period he's been in Shadaloo in V, he was likely the physically strongest guy in the whole org

Even Dan is incredibly powerful and tough next to normal people, like you can drop him in some Final Fight street and he will be able to fuck up dozens of hardened criminals lol (most of dolls would probably defeat Dan though, he's still joke character)

For how i ever seen Cammy/Decapre are true SF level ones (meaning they have decent chance 1v1 against main SF cast) and are indeed considered the superior members of the dolls group, rest is at least a step below to various degrees and like ASF showed they're likely to lose most 1v1 clashes against main cast.

Again one of the "weakest" characters, Birdie, defeated two of them... one of wich (Fevrier) was specialized in combat situations

Consider Cammy is clearly superior to all of them, and she's not particular strong in the SF food chain either

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

In terms of pure potential i think Satsuki and Noembelu are more or less at same level, or maybe not but so far we have no way to say wich would win a 1v1

She's great with her katana, is said to be skilled also in hand-to-hand and on general she's specialized on fighting

Also Santamu as weapon user seems the fighting type too, but iirc was described somewhere more like a spy, while Noembelu/Satsuki have more "warrior" head on role, so would place them bit above her

4 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

That's true

See Aprile who despite being the medic of the group (and probably one of the weakest ones at fighting) still can make Birdie giant 200+kg ass flying with a single side kick wich even stunned him a bit... even if she attacked him from behind and he was'nt expecting it, it still show ridicolous power, specially considering she's a  kinda little 50something kg girl herself

1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

I said i expected him MORE acrobatic, not that would bother me 😄

Similarity with Zangief does'nt have much sense, yeah they're both pro-wrestlers and are part of same club ("Muscle Soul Fighters Club") but beyond that they should give him his own original stuff, we don't really need a third lariat user after Haggar and Zangief lol

They could have gone for a pro wrestler big dude version of Rashid style, wind powers and spinning stuff

But all of this is really minimal problem, i doubt he will become a playable char in SF6 tbh

Being weak next to a SF main cast character =/= being weak, SFers are exceptional individuals

Example while very low in the SF food chain Birdie is still immensely strong compared to normal people, dude fucked up a train back to the alpha days lol

For what's worth for the little period he's been in Shadaloo in V, he was likely the physically strongest guy in the whole org

Even Dan is incredibly powerful and tough next to normal people, like you can drop him in some Final Fight street and he will be able to fuck up dozens of hardened criminals lol (most of dolls would probably defeat Dan though, he's still joke character)

For how i ever seen Cammy/Decapre are true SF level ones (meaning they have decent chance 1v1 against main SF cast) and are indeed considered the superior members of the dolls group, rest is at least a step below to various degrees and like ASF showed they're likely to lose most 1v1 clashes against main cast.

Again one of the "weakest" characters, Birdie, defeated two of them... one of wich (Fevrier) was specialized in combat situations

Consider Cammy is clearly superior to all of them, and she's not particular strong in the SF food chain either

In terms of pure potential i think Satsuki and Noembelu are more or less at same level, or maybe not but so far we have no way to say wich would win a 1v1

She's great with her katana, is said to be skilled also in hand-to-hand and on general she's specialized on fighting

Also Santamu as weapon user seems the fighting type too, but iirc was described somewhere more like a spy, while Noembelu/Satsuki have more "warrior" head on role, so would place them bit above her

That's true

See Aprile who despite being the medic of the group (and probably one of the weakest ones at fighting) still can make Birdie giant 200+kg ass flying with a single side kick wich even stunned him a bit... even if she attacked him from behind and he was'nt expecting it, it still show ridicolous power, specially considering she's a  kinda little 50something kg girl herself

I guess this thread proves that Birdie has been getting his ass beat by some 46kg girls, these years haven't been going so well for him lately 😪

I guess this thread proves that Birdie has been getting his ass beat by some 46kg girls, these years haven't been going so well for him lately 😪

Well, his body hint that he let himself go since the alpha days (or pro-wrestling days) and his whole character in SFV his about being lazy fuck who can think only about next meal, but i doubt he regressed much... after all his main traits ever been strength/power and with the extra weight he may even improved at these

Adult Karin of SFV is just too good for him, her using him as 24/7 dummy for sparring sounds about right... he can take the damage and he's strong/insidious enough to offer good level of treath for basic daily training, but he's more the kind of exercise that keep her in shape rather than the real occasional challenge that make her improve

Tbh glad he cover that punchbag role because i think that having somebody else doing it helped Zangief get all the long waited and well deserved respect he finally got in SFV, they had Birdie to make technical/speedy/small character shine over a big brute lol

And even Birdie can't complain much, i seen nothing outrageous (beside his belly lol) as while he's being portrayed inferior to characters that are indeed superior to him and he lack a relevant win (like vs a main cast char, unless we count knock Chun on her ass to avoid arrest a serious fight/W, i don't) he did'nt been "sold" much, in ASF only time we seen him get knocked out has been by suckerpunch (kick/knee) from behind... not much shame on that

They even had the chance to use him as jobber vs Ibuki (who's still kinda weak in SFV) and instead they made some sort of draw over it, he really can't complain lol

3 hours ago, Daemos said:

On that note, I'd also like to wish you all a very happy new year. This community within a community has been a part of my life for almost 20 years. To many more together. ❤️ 

Gatsby GIF - The Great Gatsby Leonardo Di Caprio Jay Gatsby - Discover &  Share GIFs

7 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Well, his body hint that he let himself go since the alpha days (or pro-wrestling days) and his whole character in SFV his about being lazy fuck who can think only about next meal, but i doubt he regressed much... after all his main traits ever been strength/power and with the extra weight he may even improved at these

Adult Karin of SFV is just too good for him, her using him as 24/7 dummy for sparring sounds about right... he can take the damage and he's strong/insidious enough to offer good level of treath for basic daily training, but he's more the kind of exercise that keep her in shape rather than the real occasional challenge that make her improve

Tbh glad he cover that punchbag role because i think that having somebody else doing it helped Zangief get all the long waited and well deserved respect he finally got in SFV, they had Birdie to make technical/speedy/small character shine over a big brute lol

And even Birdie can't complain much, i seen nothing outrageous (beside his belly lol) as while he's being portrayed inferior to characters that are indeed superior to him and he lack a relevant win (like vs a main cast char, unless we count knock Chun on her ass to avoid arrest a serious fight/W, i don't) he did'nt been "sold" much, in ASF only time we seen him get knocked out has been by suckerpunch (kick/knee) from behind... not much shame on that

They even had the chance to use him as jobber vs Ibuki (who's still kinda weak in SFV) and instead they made some sort of draw over it, he really can't complain lol

Gatsby GIF - The Great Gatsby Leonardo Di Caprio Jay Gatsby - Discover &  Share GIFs

Yeah, in the trivia they said his weight gain is remiscent of wrestlers letting themselves go after they retired and as an avid wrestling lover....i can confirm this. And the outrageous thing is his booger can actually damage a character's health bar, even tho it barely does shit 😭 .

10 hours ago, sKreetFighteZ said:

Yeah, in the trivia they said his weight gain is remiscent of wrestlers letting themselves go after they retired and as an avid wrestling lover....i can confirm this. And the outrageous thing is his booger can actually damage a character's health bar, even tho it barely does shit 😭 .

Tbh i may be one of the few that liked the change, one of core points of SF character design is that with subtle or big elements they ever try to give each character a distinctive body type... despite being similar size big body characters fat Birdie have pretty unique build next to Zangief (they was different also back to SFA, but now much more), i like how their build reflect theyr lifestyle: Gief is obsessed with training 24/7, while Birdie still lift (he mention that in one quote) to keep strenght, but beside that he pass time either eating or being a lazy fuck

I'm ok with it, at the end he still looks strong af, to some extent remind a bit some strongmen

But more than that back in the old forum i pointed out that new SFV Birdie is heavily inspired on Bob Sapp, who's a gigantic black MMA fighter (who was ripped af for a 170kg man) super known/loved in Japan and gone through similar body transformation getting older, see below

Bob Sapp's (The Beast) Training And Nutrition Secrets!Top 15 Fattest Fighters Ever

Even lot of his SFV face expressions and food gimmicks seem to come from Bob

Bob Sapp Sucks | Vigilante MMAAx Muay Thai / Kickboxing Forum - More Bob Sapp Antics

The Japense think Bob Sapp is a monkey. : r/WTFBobSappOfficial - YouTube

Notice these were commercials in japan, so capcom people were familiar with them

We almost even had white suit alt for Birdie wich could have been another reference lol

Bob Sapp – Sapp Time! (2003, CD) - Discogs

Last but not last fat era Sapp became notorious to be the kind that takes a dive and give no fucks about lose, he would essentially accept big pay fights and then just drop at very first minimal hit to call it a day relatively unharmed and still grab money lol.

Would not be surprised if even this influenced a bit SFV jobber Birdie, who does'nt care anymore about being a fighter (or have ambitions, like he was in SFA) but just want take advantage of riches to get his belly full

I find it cool, when SF dive hands in fight world (combat sports, martial arts, pro-wrestling etc) to get inspirations is best SF to me

5 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Tbh i may be one of the few that liked the change, one of core points of SF character design is that with subtle or big elements they ever try to give each character a distinctive body type... despite being similar size big body characters fat Birdie have pretty unique build next to Zangief (they was different also back to SFA, but now much more), i like how their build reflect theyr lifestyle: Gief is obsessed with training 24/7, while Birdie still lift (he mention that in one quote) to keep strenght, but beside that he pass time either eating or being a lazy fuck

I'm ok with it, at the end he still looks strong af, to some extent remind a bit some strongmen

But more than that back in the old forum i pointed out that new SFV Birdie is heavily inspired on Bob Sapp, who's a gigantic black MMA fighter (who was ripped af for a 170kg man) super known/loved in Japan and gone through similar body transformation getting older, see below

Bob Sapp's (The Beast) Training And Nutrition Secrets!Top 15 Fattest Fighters Ever

Even lot of his SFV face expressions and food gimmicks seem to come from Bob

Bob Sapp Sucks | Vigilante MMAAx Muay Thai / Kickboxing Forum - More Bob Sapp Antics

The Japense think Bob Sapp is a monkey. : r/WTFBobSappOfficial - YouTube

Notice these were commercials in japan, so capcom people were familiar with them

We almost even had white suit alt for Birdie wich could have been another reference lol

Bob Sapp – Sapp Time! (2003, CD) - Discogs

Last but not last fat era Sapp became notorious to be the kind that takes a dive and give no fucks about lose, he would essentially accept big pay fights and then just drop at very first minimal hit to call it a day relatively unharmed and still grab money lol.

Would not be surprised if even this influenced a bit SFV jobber Birdie, who does'nt care anymore about being a fighter (or have ambitions, like he was in SFA) but just want take advantage of riches to get his belly full

I find it cool, when SF dive hands in fight world (combat sports, martial arts, pro-wrestling etc) to get inspirations is best SF to me

Hey, this is actually interesting to read bc I never really thought about it like that but this is really interesting. Speaking of Birdie, ima go translate his profile since i have nothing else better to do

19 hours ago, N-Tactix said:

@CESTUS IIIWelcome back!

Thanks bro, glad to have found you guys in time to go through SF6 hype together 😺

21 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

When somebody makes a 30+ image post, do you guy think you could avoid quoting said post in its entirety?

Guess your rhetorical question end up being bit too subtle 😄

@sKreetFighteZif you reply to a long ass post (like mine usually are lol) try don't quote it entirely so people don't have to scroll it twice to go past it, you can cut it and keep just a small part you want reply to 😉👍

21 hours ago, BootyWarrior said:

Serious or not, I find it weird how Chun-Li didn't get back up and chase him down. With her legs she can out run that out of shape blob with ease.

The poster girl needs the SFV Zangief treatment for SFVI. 

Tbh most of character story Win/Loss are'nt actual canon W/L in the sense we should not take the gamplay parts result (everybody win that in their story, even Dan) but we should consider how the story show the outcome right after, for that reason is lot an interpretation thing

In Birdie's case in the Chun fight they were not having a normal fight, more like he wanted to escape and she wanted to arrest him (so likely neither gone all out trying to destroy the opponent), he managed to drop Chun on her ass and run away

No shame in her being temporarily stunned by being run over by Birdie, dude's charge is likely more powerful than a truck and pure toughness is'nt Chun's main trait... keep in mind in ASF even fucking Zangief, probably the toughest char in the game, got stunned enough by Rog's suckerpunch to let Rog and Ed escape

20 hours ago, sKreetFighteZ said:

Hey, this is actually interesting to read bc I never really thought about it like that but this is really interesting.

Fun thing he's not even the only that in SFV 3D model got similar look alike inspiration from real people, but this would be bit longer to take on, we can if you want

17 hours ago, mikros said:

I think it's important for the story to have cool non-playable characters. If you promote all remotely cool npcs to playable status then you'd be left with bland npcs only.

Definitely, and i think SF main cast can benefit immensely from having a "second-tier league" (or even some at same level) of fighters you can still consider dangerous, it make the world feel bigger and don't force Capcom to make them only fight each others over and over to show their skill... too bad ingame we never got that much beyond Dolls and bunch of lesser weak shada-troops

It's implied that in ASF probably Azam fought Cammy well enough to keep her out of Rashid vs Chun (she wanted interfere to help Chun, but Azam blocked her way), and at the end of it he was unharmed

Even just counting ASF you have Byron who probably can give Guile a good sparring, Shibasaki can probably offer decent one too, we know Max got his ass whooped by Alex, but we seen just the end of it, he could have offered a decent scrap before that

Of course we seen former main cast Abel being there too

And this was just with very limited point of view on ASF story, more on general SF lore would offer so many chances to show SF main cast take on NPC fighters... personally would love play shit like Ken doing his martial arts championship, Alex jumping in MMA/interstyle tournaments (maybe the one where he fought Balrog in the final) or Zangief wrecking poor wrestlers(Pulk Hogen!) lol

Hope in SF6 ASF counterpart we get bunch of fights like that, Capcom can recycle from existing movest (or scrapped content, they surely have plenty of that) after all being just story NPC stuff they don't need any balance or over-think it

Edited by CESTUS III

Happy New Years guys! This is a little late but in this short period of time but love you all and thanks for the contributions you've all helped me with 🥰.

Quick question, so i was reading the scans from the All About Capcom Fighting Games Book and i was reading about the SF characters, and I got confused about the titles of the games, mainly " スト Ⅱ, スト II ダッシュ,スト Ⅱ ターボ, スパ Ⅱ, スパ ⅡX". I usually acknowledge each game by its full name instead of abbreviations so those are kind of confusing for me. (This may be a wrong choice of words but )

On 12/30/2021 at 11:48 AM, Darc_Requiem said:

Even the weaker dolls have to be competent fighters. Remember there are tiers of dolls. And all of the calendar dolls are at the elite of the elite.

To be 100% fair, however, it seems like the Dolls are the Elite of the Elite at their vocations within the Doll division. Aprile, for instance, would appear to be the elite of the elite for medics so she is the best medic of the Dolls and surely a competent fighter but it is possible non-Calendar dolls could be stronger warriors than her.

I do definitely agree that No seems to be up there as far as the Dolls go. Juli & Juni are probably the two strongest (behind Cammy, naturally) and are even stronger as a team combination.

I really do wish we could get a big lore-heavy game for SF. I'd kill for that

ALSO HAPPY NEW YEAR, STORY THREAD!

Edited by YagamiFire
18 hours ago, sKreetFighteZ said:

Quick question, so i was reading the scans from the All About Capcom Fighting Games Book and i was reading about the SF characters, and I got confused about the titles of the games, mainly " スト Ⅱ, スト II ダッシュ,スト Ⅱ ターボ, スパ Ⅱ, スパ ⅡX". I usually acknowledge each game by its full name instead of abbreviations so those are kind of confusing for me. (This may be a wrong choice of words but )

スト Ⅱ = SF2 (ストリートファイターII Sutorīto Faitā II = Street Fighter 2)
スト II ダッシュ= SF2CE (ストリートファイターIIダッシュ Sutorīto Faitā II Dasshu = Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition)
スト Ⅱ ターボ = SF2T (ストリートファイターIIターボ Sutorīto Faitā II Tābo = Street Fighter 2 Turbo)
スパ Ⅱ = SSF2 (スーパーストリートファイターII Sūpā Sutorīto Faitā II = Super Street Fighter 2)
スパ ⅡX = SSF2T (スーパーストリートファイターIIターボ Sūpā Sutorīto Faitā II Tābo = Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo)

Edited by Miðgarðsorm
14 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

To be 100% fair, however, it seems like the Dolls are the Elite of the Elite at their vocations within the Doll division. Aprile, for instance, would appear to be the elite of the elite for medics so she is the best medic of the Dolls and surely a competent fighter but it is possible non-Calendar dolls could be stronger warriors than her.

Yeah, it's like Dolls are made of 2 layers

Base: a standard minimum level of physical/athletic prowess and hand-to-hand fighting skill that as enhanced soldiers they ALL possess, including Aprile, Marz and Enero.

So NONE of the Dolls is weak, but at same time that make just them superior to average goon. To use an example i did before, Marz(probably the weakest) can still be dropped in Metro City streets and alone beat up bunch of basic FF goons, who are still supposed to be stronger/tougher than average man

Advanced: the actual specialization they're truly elite at, and those who have it about actual fighting (hand-to-hand or weapons) may be able/decent chance to beat lowest levels of main cast... but again it's big question mark as Birdie seems weak af in SFV canon and still defeated 2 of them in the only two fights he got, one of wich against Fevrier who's a "battle type" kind of Doll.

To be fair Fevrier being a firearm user is'nt at her best playing close range/direct type of fight, but at same time it's not like they started the fight grappling, she even got free shot to fire at him and he just blocked bullets with chains... from there was up to her keep fight at her comfort distance, wich she failed

Given what ASF gave us, to guess how Dolls measure next to SF cast good question would be if/wich Dolls would haved decent chance to defeat Birdie in a "fair" 1v1 fight, my guess is probably less than half of them

14 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

I do definitely agree that No seems to be up there as far as the Dolls go. Juli & Juni are probably the two strongest (behind Cammy, naturally) and are even stronger as a team combination.

Tbh i'm not sure how we should consider them, but overal i agree with you

One side i feel like canon wise their real threat potential was as team like in their first appearance, and that they got elevated as "worth of a slot" fighters only because... it was easy, all the (mostly recycle) sprite work was done

Like, at that point you created them, they become cheap way to add characters on the console version.

Sure they were unlockable in Arcade too but there were essentially "bonus" characters there if you get what i mean

On other hand as team they did'nt operated as regular opponent, but as SUB BOSS, wich mean that despite their obvious 2v1 advantage they at least offered to your character a challenge higher (not just equal) than normal fight against another from main cast

So question is how they would fare 1v1 against SFers and reality is we don't know... iirc back to SFA3 both missions they got were just about track down characters, no idea if they even officially fought anybody

Skipping to SFV we know that Juli got her ass whooped by a Cammy that was likely holding back a bit (no shame, Decapre is more powerful and got same result), but SF cast offer a decent amount of characters that are weaker than Cammy and may be in her range

To use same example of before i guess Juli/Juni have decent chance of defeat/draw with Birdie 1v1

Edited by CESTUS III
1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

Yeah, it's like Dolls are made of 2 layers

Base: a standard minimum level of physical/athletic prowess and hand-to-hand fighting skill that as enhanced soldiers they ALL possess, including Aprile, Marz and Enero.

So NONE of the Dolls is weak, but at same time that make just them superior to average goon. To use an example i did before, Marz(probably the weakest) can still be dropped in Metro City streets and alone beat up bunch of basic FF goons, who are still supposed to be stronger/tougher than average man

Advanced: the actual specialization they're truly elite at, and those who have it about actual fighting (hand-to-hand or weapons) may be able/decent chance to beat lowest levels of main cast... but again it's big question mark as Birdie seems weak af in SFV canon and still defeated 2 of them in the only two fights he got, one of wich against Fevrier who's a "battle type" kind of Doll.

To be fair Fevrier being a firearm user is'nt at her best playing close range/direct type of fight, but at same time it's not like they started the fight grappling, she even got free shot to fire at him and he just blocked bullets with chains... from there was up to her keep fight at her comfort distance, wich she failed

Given what ASF gave us, to guess how Dolls measure next to SF cast good question would be if/wich Dolls would haved decent chance to defeat Birdie in a "fair" 1v1 fight, my guess is probably less than half of them

Tbh i'm not sure how we should consider them, but overal i agree with you

One side i feel like canon wise their real threat potential was as team like in their first appearance, and that they got elevated as "worth of a slot" fighters only because... it was easy, all the (mostly recycle) sprite work was done

Like, at that point you created them, they become cheap way to add characters on the console version.

Sure they were unlockable in Arcade too but there were essentially "bonus" characters there if you get what i mean

On other hand as team they did'nt operated as regular opponent, but as SUB BOSS, wich mean that despite their obvious 2v1 advantage they at least offered to your character a challenge higher (not just equal) than normal fight against another from main cast

So question is how they would fare 1v1 against SFers and reality is we don't know... iirc back to SFA3 both missions they got were just about track down characters, no idea if they even officially fought anybody

Skipping to SFV we know that Juli got her ass whooped by a Cammy that was likely holding back a bit (no shame, Decapre is more powerful and got same result), but SF cast offer a decent amount of characters that are weaker than Cammy and may be in her range

To use same example of before i guess Juli/Juni have decent chance of defeat/draw with Birdie 1v1

Well i personally think Juni and Juli can hold their own. Sometimes Juli is said to be weaker than Juni due to her um...you know those circles she has on her chest? Yes those, so they be getting in the way sometimes so it makes it somewhat difficult for her to fight but then again you have Birdie and Laura with massive breasts and yet they do just fine. Also, it seems that Juni has Akuma’s fighting data (i wonder why he isn't listed as a rival) so i guess this is why Juni has the upper hand between the two. 

Edited by sKreetFighteZ
10 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

I think the Dolls are strong enough that they could easily tackle the normal martial artist/Dan tier but getting to the tier of characters like the major ones (Zangief, Cammy, Rose etc) they wouldn't win out.

I think the Dolls might be one of the few cases of "minion" type characters who actually are competent somewhat and don't get beaten at every little thing. Closest Capcom example is probably Bass.

Hey, SF-fans!

For many years I've been a Street Fighter games and Udon comics fan, posting at the Shoryuken forum. Latly the forum died off. Now I'm searching for another forum, where fans discuss UDON's Street Fighter comics, and maybe even the creators visit from time to time. Do you know of such thing?

There are big plans by Udon for 2022, so it's a good time to kick start a discussion!

First there was alt.games.sf2, then www.mmcafe.com, then SRK, then forums.streetfighteronline.com. Can we start a thread here? I've seen Chun-Li_Forever somewhere here. But no Sano...

47 minutes ago, martinitolove said:

Now I'm searching for another forum, where fans discuss UDON's Street Fighter comics, and maybe even the creators visit from time to time. Do you know of such thing?

Not that I'm aware of. I know the UDON staff that work on the SF comics are very active on Twitter, and I'm sure there's a comics thread somewhere in the general discussion board.

But we have discussed UDON plenty of times here and we do have some UDON fans as regulars for this thread so discussion on the storylines and elements of that comic are definitely welcome here, I guess.

2 hours ago, martinitolove said:

Hey, SF-fans!

For many years I've been a Street Fighter games and Udon comics fan, posting at the Shoryuken forum. Latly the forum died off. Now I'm searching for another forum, where fans discuss UDON's Street Fighter comics, and maybe even the creators visit from time to time. Do you know of such thing?

There are big plans by Udon for 2022, so it's a good time to kick start a discussion!

First there was alt.games.sf2, then www.mmcafe.com, then SRK, then forums.streetfighteronline.com. Can we start a thread here? I've seen Chun-Li_Forever somewhere here. But no Sano...

Are there new comics released? I liked reading the SF Udon comics 

8 hours ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

Also, Welcome @martinitolove

Thank you! Great to be able to communicate with you again! Missed you 😉

7 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@martinitoloveWelcome to thread, good to have you here.

Thank you very much!

5 hours ago, BootyWarrior said:

Wow! Best news in 4 years!!!

4 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

Welcome man

He had retired long time ago in posting on sf story thread like for years now. 

But He had a solo thread in SRK dedicated to Udon where he post updates regarding their releases.

Thank you very much for your wellcome!

Regarding Sano I must state, that the solo thread on SRK is where I come from and it's dead for 2 years. I recently saw Sano posting some SF manga scans on madmanscafe, but there you can't pm members. Maybe someone can invite him here?

On 1/3/2022 at 6:14 AM, sKreetFighteZ said:

Well i personally think Juni and Juli can hold their own.

Well, if anything at least Juri by her own words thought they was worth use a "special move" for them, while as far we seen she wiped out rest of the Dolls with normal fighting techniques (we did'nt seen Decapre fight though)

but biggest factor there was that they were attacking her together and she recognized their team work represented a threat.

Kinda worth notice whole Dolls squad apparently could not make Juri struggle as Guile or Cammy (great fighters, but far from the top in main cast food chain) did by themselves 1v1... and tbh Juri did'nt struggled much with them either

20 hours ago, N-Tactix said:

I think the Dolls are strong enough that they could easily tackle the normal martial artist/Dan tier but getting to the tier of characters like the major ones (Zangief, Cammy, Rose etc) they wouldn't win out.

I think the Dolls might be one of the few cases of "minion" type characters who actually are competent somewhat and don't get beaten at every little thing. Closest Capcom example is probably Bass.

Yeah, that's how i see it too

Good parallel may be other members beside Cammy of the Delta Red squad

To use one more time Final Fight as scale for a more "normal" world beyond SF cast, i think Wolfman, Luwanda and McCoy can probably unleash hell on Mad Gear Gang if they were asked to operate in Metro City streets, but i'm not confident at all they can take some of the bosses or even some strongest minions (some of wich got elevated to playable cast) in a 1v1

19 hours ago, martinitolove said:

Hey, SF-fans!

Welcome dude!

I'm not fan of Udon stuff, but as others said i see zero problems discuss it even here

Only possible interference may be with our eternal search (lol) of what's canon and what not, but not big deal as i guess everybody here knows Udon it's a completely separate thing that on canon level is basically "fan fiction"

Guess up to you if post stuff here or open new dedicated thread 👍

Edited by CESTUS III

How good you guys know these capcom characters?

On this page who are the boy in red jacket and his two friends (lower left corner)

https://readcomicsonline.ru/comic/fcbd-2020-collection/StreetFighter/6

On this page who are the blonde and brunette girls dancing left of Makoto, and the blonde girl drinking tea with Karin

https://readcomicsonline.ru/comic/fcbd-2020-collection/StreetFighter/7

11 minutes ago, mykka said:

Interesting retro fun fact, in Alpha 3, Rose's sub boss battle was meant to be Aprile, and T Hawk's sub boss battle was meant to be Noembelu.

Of course, capacity to do certain things were limited back then, so they used Juni/Juli for everyone.

I heard about the whole Aprile thing but I only thought they just used Noey as a side since they already had Juli to be his enemy. I heard that they used Juni and Juli because they didn't want to flesh out the other dolls

1 hour ago, martinitolove said:

On this page who are the boy in red jacket and his two friends (lower left corner)

On this page who are the blonde and brunette girls dancing left of Makoto, and the blonde girl drinking tea with Karin

I believe that the two girls are Blaire Dame and Pullum Purna (explains the long ponytail), however im unsure who the dude is 

2 hours ago, martinitolove said:

They could just be some randos put in the comic. 

At least, i don't recognize them.

49 minutes ago, BootyWarrior said:

I like how even the writers at UDON, struggle to come up with a scenario where Ryu and Chun-Li would ever interact with each other outside of forced events caused by *insert evil organization"

They can just simply have a fight with one another similar to how Ken and Ryu does, as they both respect each other as fighters so i don't know why they wouldn't meet outside of fighting. 

54 minutes ago, BootyWarrior said:

I like how even the writers at UDON, struggle to come up with a scenario where Ryu and Chun-Li would ever interact with each other outside of forced events caused by *insert evil organization"

To be fair, I'd love for Udon to do a Ryu/Chun-Li focused arc. Both are SF's most marketable characters, I'm sure they can come up with some story that can span at least 4 issues or more.

6 hours ago, martinitolove said:

Brunette surely is Ibuki

Blonde may be SF3 version of Kolin with her asymmetrical haircut

Blond kid next to them is Mel

No idea who's taking tea with Karin, we see too little to be sure

Edited by CESTUS III

Hey it's Sano from Shoryuken.com. What's good!

Real name's Anthony Collado by the way. These days I run the fan page Capcompendium on Facebook, which is about every Capcom  game but Street Fighter comes up a lot. I also write for another page on Facebook called The  Bitten Apple. We do YouTube vids and I appear now and then. That's pretty much what I'm up to these days.

Last big storyline thing that came out about a month back,  it was revealed that there are parts of Street Fighter V that take place after Street Fighter III Third Strike. Here's a really good YouTube vids about that.  Apologies if it was posted already. 

I last talked to vasili10 about three months ago or so. He's working on an update to the Street Fighter Plot Guide.  Whenever he does finish it I'll be sure to share. 

Hope everyone is doing well and their loved ones are safe and healthy during the Coronapocalypse lol! Happy New Year! 

1 hour ago, Sano said:

Hey it's Sano from Shoryuken.com. What's good!

Real name's Anthony Collado by the way. These days I run the fan page Capcompendium on Facebook, which is about every Capcom  game but Street Fighter comes up a lot. I also write for another page on Facebook called The  Bitten Apple. We do YouTube vids and I appear now and then. That's pretty much what I'm up to these days.

Last big storyline thing that came out about a month back,  it was revealed that there are parts of Street Fighter V that take place after Street Fighter III Third Strike. Here's a really good YouTube vids about that.  Apologies if it was posted already. 

I last talked to vasili10 about three months ago or so. He's working on an update to the Street Fighter Plot Guide.  Whenever he does finish it I'll be sure to share. 

Hope everyone is doing well and their loved ones are safe and healthy during the Coronapocalypse lol! Happy New Year! 

When he updates the plot guide, can u send it to me. I saw him post about the gamest stories and i love them