Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

7 hours ago, mykka said:

Interesting retro fun fact, in Alpha 3, Rose's sub boss battle was meant to be Aprile, and T Hawk's sub boss battle was meant to be Noembelu.

Very interesting! What is the source of information?

6 hours ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

They could just be some randos put in the comic. 

At least, i don't recognize them.

Maybe you're right! Needed to ask anyway 😉 Here is that blonde with strange hair standing near Guile: https://readcomicsonline.ru/comic/fcbd-2020-collection/StreetFighter/25

@Sano Wellcome and glad to have you here! If you have contact to vasiliy, please ask him to join us here 😉

3 hours ago, Sano said:

Hey it's Sano from Shoryuken.com. What's good!

Real name's Anthony Collado by the way. These days I run the fan page Capcompendium on Facebook, which is about every Capcom  game but Street Fighter comes up a lot. I also write for another page on Facebook called The  Bitten Apple. We do YouTube vids and I appear now and then. That's pretty much what I'm up to these days

Welcome back man, Good to see here again.

I missed your SF2V manga stuff i cant access it anymore in madman cafe.

Edited by Shakunetsu
52 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

Welcome back man, Good to see here again.

I missed your SF2V manga stuff i cant access it anymore in madman cafe.

So I had the images up on Photobucket and I basically had to 'reawaken' the account which I just did. The images are still there. The old links however might not work since Photobucket has gone through a few overhauls over the last few years. I'll figure something out in a few days or so. 

14 minutes ago, Sano said:

So I had the images up on Photobucket and I basically had to 'reawaken' the account which I just did. The images are still there. The old links however might not work since Photobucket has gone through a few overhauls over the last few years. I'll figure something out in a few days or so. 

imgur is the free photo host of choice these days.

Alternatively, you can become a Patreon member of this site and get up to 150MB of file storage:

SF2V1.jpg

SF2V2.jpg

SF2V3.jpg

SF2V4.jpg

SF2V5.jpg

SF2V6.jpg

SF2V7.jpg

SF2V8.jpg

SF2V9.jpg

SF2V10.jpg

SF2V11.jpg

SF2V12.jpg

Okay managed to figure out how to toss the images here. This is from the manga based on Street Fighter II V, which was serialized in Bom Bom Comics. The story is very different from the Street Fighter II V anime, was completely unrelated storyline-wise other than having similar character designs. It featured a very early version of 'evil' Ryu, which even predates Masahiko Nakahira's Satsui No Hadou Ryu in his Street Fighter Zero (AKA Alpha) manga. But, Capcom still credits Masahiko Nakahira with creating SNH / Evil Ryu and not this manga. When I discussed this with vasili10, he theorized that it was because the SF2V version was more 'demonic' and less about 'dark ki.'

I guess now this is pretty funny given how demonic Gouki AKA Akuma and Kage seem these days LMAO! 

Edited by Sano
9 hours ago, Sano said:

Last big storyline thing that came out about a month back,  it was revealed that there are parts of Street Fighter V that take place after Street Fighter III Third Strike. Here's a really good YouTube vids about that.  Apologies if it was posted already. 

Welcome Sano!

Yeah fun thing of SFV playable Ed with NS uniform is that he's technically non canon in SFV present, both as uniform and muscle mass lol

SFV standard costume in theory should have been his white hoodie one and much less muscular as we seen him with Rog in ASF events, NS uniform should still not even exist (so also playable Falke is not canon in current timeline)

Fun thing is all his quotes on contrary seems to reflect young correct Ed, he never mention Neo Shadaloo

In theory Standard NS costume of Ed should have been his Story costume (wich often represent a different time, usually past), but guess Capcom either thought white hoodie was just too simple/bland to be his official Standard look (style wise many urban clothes have been used as secondary Story costumes in SFV) or maybe they originally thought to add the birth of NS in SFV then they dropped the idea for whatever reason

Edited by CESTUS III
8 hours ago, Sano said:

Okay managed to figure out how to toss the images here. This is from the manga based on Street Fighter II V, which was serialized in Bom Bom Comics. The story is very different from the Street Fighter II V anime, was completely unrelated storyline-wise other than having similar character designs. It featured a very early version of 'evil' Ryu, which even predates Masahiko Nakahira's Satsui No Hadou Ryu in his Street Fighter Zero (AKA Alpha) manga. But, Capcom still credits Masahiko Nakahira with creating SNH / Evil Ryu and not this manga. When I discussed this with vasili10, he theorized that it was because the SF2V version was more 'demonic' and less about 'dark ki.'

I guess now this is pretty funny given how demonic Gouki AKA Akuma and Kage seem these days LMAO! 

Is it weird that just seeing these images makes me actually more interested in this than anything I've really seen from SF largely of late? It just seems so much more imaginative and crazy. Yeah it's probably really dumb but at least it's kinetic and feels like its taking risks unlike the boring AF SF5 story.

The SF story needs new vitality. New energy. It's become...tired and everyone seems to have fallen into static positions...frozen in amber.

I'd kill for a Ryu with that much dynamic personality to him (SFII manga Ryu is best Ryu)

Edited by YagamiFire
10 hours ago, Sano said:

Okay managed to figure out how to toss the images here. This is from the manga based on Street Fighter II V, which was serialized in Bom Bom Comics. The story is very different from the Street Fighter II V anime,

thanks man for sharing this manga always make me wonder of the story. I have been looking to multiple iteration of street fighter from various version and SF2V manga is the most obscure of all them. I have seen some Gamest SF2 short manga but this series is something I really wanted to see translated and know how it goes.

Thank you for sharing this one

Edited by Shakunetsu
9 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Welcome Sano!

Yeah fun thing of SFV playable Ed with NS uniform is that he's technically non canon in SFV present, both as uniform and muscle mass lol

SFV standard costume in theory should have been his white hoodie one and much less muscular as we seen him with Rog in ASF events, NS uniform should still not even exist (so also playable Falke is not canon in current timeline)

Fun thing is all his quotes on contrary seems to reflect young correct Ed, he never mention Neo Shadaloo

In theory Standard NS costume of Ed should have been his Story costume (wich often represent a different time, usually past), but guess Capcom either thought white hoodie was just too simple/bland to be his official Standard look (style wise many urban clothes have been used as secondary Story costumes in SFV) or maybe they originally thought to add the birth of NS in SFV then they dropped the idea for whatever reason

Yeah it's funny that almost every Japanese game that I can think of that had a sequel they wouldn't move past, have all past said sequel in recent years.  

Zelda II The Adventure of Link - Nintendo never made a Zelda game that takes place after this for the longest time, and it's only the second game in the series! Every Zelda game that came out after it was a prequel, and then things get super wild when the timeline got split three ways. It wasn't until  Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild  (the director if that game is a former Capcom Employee BTW)  that Nintendo said it takes place after all of the Zelda games. We don't know if it takes place in the same timeline as Zelda II, a different timeline or if all three of the timelines merged at some point. Knowing Nintendo they may never tell us anyway.  

Devil May Cry 2 - Internally people at Capcom, and particularly Itsuno didn't like the game. So he made Devil May Cry 3 a prequel and Devil May Cry 2 was placed far in the future. So the order was 3, 1, 4, 2, and Capcom even released an artbook called 3142! But when Devil May Cry 5 came out, Itsuno wanted to end the Sons of Sparda saga, or at best give it a measure of closure. So the heck with an artbook title lol! The series order is now 3, 1, 2, 4, 5. So Devil May Cry 2 has two games that take place after it now ha ha!

Metroid Fusion -  Nintendo never made a game that takes place after Metroid Fusion, until last year when Metroid Dread came out.

There might be more examples but that's all I can think of. I'm glad that aspects of SFV take place after SF3 Third Strike, but we need a full game that does!  All signs point to SF6 going that way at least. 

SF 6 is likely going for a huge change not just for a protagonist but probably another big evil new organization.

I still hope its they wont go to another secret evil organization other than if it is like S.I.N. .Seth's SiN was a good route.

New main protagonist and New main antagonist is okay but no to new big secret evil organization that would came out of nowhere.

6 hours ago, Sano said:

There might be more examples but that's all I can think of. I'm glad that aspects of SFV take place after SF3 Third Strike, but we need a full game that does!  All signs point to SF6 going that way at least. 

Hoping everything goes well. 

I hope SF6 is more continuation of SF3 and along SF3 not something of another far far future or decade has passed game.

On 1/5/2022 at 1:32 AM, martinitolove said:

Very interesting! What is the source of information?

It must be either one of the Secret File pamplets released alongside the game's release or guides, because I do remember seeing screenshots of the passages being posted here. The Secret Files are in Japanese and only the Alpha 2 one has been translated here (I 've got some notes on the other games that I might drop here when I get time to organise them, most interesting of all is that Battle Circuit was quickly scraped together from a almost complete racing game and info on scrapped characters for MvC1). I mentioned it in my return post for this place but Haruo Murata, the writer for the SF games, mentions that Guile was going to be in the base roster instead of Charlie, which might explain why Charlie's Alpha 2 death is portrayed as the canon one in SFV. It's possible Alpha 3 would have had the console only characters already with full assets as the arcade version was being worked on. Similar to Huitzil+Cecil in Vampire Saviour

Alpha 3 had a troubled development period, the story goes that Takayuki Iwai, head composer, wanted to install Redbook audio onto the CPS2 to allow for arranged tracks but couldn't do so leading him to assemble all the arcade staff to quickly do the ost. The CPS2 only had 23mb while SNK regularly used larger ROMs to allow for it. It might have been expensive but had Capcom used larger ROM sizes for their later games, maybe they would have gotten to use their scrapped plans.

3 hours ago, N-Tactix said:

It must be either one of the Secret File pamplets released alongside the game's release or guides, because I do remember seeing screenshots of the passages being posted here. The Secret Files are in Japanese and only the Alpha 2 one has been translated here.

Thank you! I've seen the Secret Files only from SF3, not from Alpha. Does someone has them scanned?

And another question. There were some All About books. One about Capcom fighting games I do own, but it's faaar away now. I know there is one regarding Alpha series, SF3 and Warzard. Has someone scanned them and can share the scans with me, please?

On 1/5/2022 at 4:55 AM, Sano said:

Wow that's a jump in the past for me

I have somewhere at home the italian version of these (was released in monthly volumes called "Game Over" that got that, an ugly fatal fury manga -later replaced by a gundam one- and a short Samurai Shodown chibi comic strip)

spacer.png

Some things i remember of that specific final fight (lot of years passed)

- Asrafil(? Italian version at least), the Gill-looking "demon" is an artificial being created by Bison's (who there had white hair like in V)  Shadaloo labs, and Bison managed to get Ryu there to face it to test the monster fighting abilities

Bison talks about it as if is supposed to be the ultimate form of life or some shit, not sure if considered himself superior to it or not

-The creature was able to completely regenerate, each time it will be evolved changing physical look to adapt against the attack that destroyed him
Iirc -but not sure- phases were
Get wings (for extra speed?)
v
Armored shiny body parts (that reflect hado energy like a mirror), i remember Ryu throwing his own blood on him to ruin the "mirror" effect and inflict damage
v
Greater muscle/strenght wich made him able to physically force together opposed energies like hado and psycho power in one single huge attack... i remember thinking that Sagat Ultra2 in SF4 seems to be inspired by that, pretty similar pose/action.
Iirc Bison boast about the fact that this ultimate creature is the only being able to do such feat, but Ryu (evil version) was able to replicate something similar
v
Evil Ryu trigger in like some sort of Mister Hyde when Ryu is about to get killed by Asrafil final form.
He destroy his artificial heart, wich was the secret of his regeneration

Fun thing is manga was made in 1995, i would not be suprised is some traits of SF3 Gill as Boss even more extreme than Bison came from Asrafil

RANDOM STUFF

- whole series is essentially based on Ryu

- manga was violent af lol, way more than usual SF tone

- there were multiple robots with Ryu appearance, and some with other figthers appearance (honda and Sagat iirc)

-Bison SAVE Ryu at some point from them lol (guess to keep Ryu for the final experiment/duel)

- Ryu fought Vega(in north pole lol) and Rog(in some american city), don't remember who else

- DINOSAURS lmao

- Guile fighting Bison on a plain or something, lose and fall from the plane but for whatever reason still laugh and give Bison the middle finger while falling lol

- Is possible see good chunk of it (in whatever language) here
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=382316761836649&set=a.382316291836696.80767.135004579901203

On 1/5/2022 at 8:07 PM, Sano said:

Yeah it's funny that almost every Japanese game that I can think of that had a sequel they wouldn't move past, have all past said sequel in recent years. 

There might be more examples but that's all I can think of.

Well, we have the mighty

spacer.png

🤣

Edited by CESTUS III
7 hours ago, martinitolove said:

Thank you! I've seen the Secret Files only from SF3, not from Alpha. Does someone has them scanned?

And another question. There were some All About books. One about Capcom fighting games I do own, but it's faaar away now. I know there is one regarding Alpha series, SF3 and Warzard. Has someone scanned them and can share the scans with me, please?

Are you looking for All About Street Fighter Alpha ? 

Two absurdly specific trivialities I've found on Twitter.
User  PLUS is playing with a camera to navigate SFV stages, and he found out that in Sakura's house her brother Tsukushi is INDEED playing SF's parody 龍拳剛記外伝 轟の章 Ryūken gōki gaiden - Kō no shō, "Dragon fist strong chronicle side story - the rumble chapter", as is written on his bio. Obviously the title plays with Ryu, Ken, Gouken and Gouki's names.

I also asked him to enlarge the Egyptian obelisks in Ring of Prosperity stage, because I wasn't sure whether the writings had a meaning or not.
It turns out Capcom just copied real hieroglyphics from somewhere, but the text is assembled randomly. The cartouches are both versions of Ramesses III's name, and immediately reveal the text is a forgery: in an Ancient Egyptian text, all hieroglyphics must face the same direction, but the figures inside the cartouches are oriented towards left when all other figures are facing right.

56 minutes ago, martinitolove said:

Yes, I do! And All About Capcom Fighting Games, and SF3, and Warzard.

By the way I'm really wondering why since Zeku has a Kenji costume and Alex has a Leo costume the team at Capcom doesn't give Rose a Tessa and Cammy a Mai Ling costume...

I have some scans of All About Capcom Fighting Games that a friend gave me, and i can find SF3 for you and i don't know anything about Warzard but i can also find that for you. 

2 hours ago, martinitolove said:

Capcom doesn't give Rose a Tessa and Cammy a Mai Ling costume...

Mai Ling is better with either Chun Li or with Juri than Cammy. 

Rose had always been a good fit for Tessa, but going over for Ruby Heart for the last minute is a better choice specially timedwith the whole MVC2 campaign.

If Rose was some how part of the earlier season a Tessa costume is likely to happen but she was on the last part. 

I dont expect much more costume with SF5 anymore its like they are now all set to finally moved on.

3 hours ago, sKreetFighteZ said:

I have some scans of All About Capcom Fighting Games that a friend gave me, and i can find SF3 for you and i don't know anything about Warzard but i can also find that for you. 

That would be amazing! Thank you!!!

1 hour ago, Shakunetsu said:

Mai Ling is better with either Chun Li or with Juri than Cammy. 

But she and Cammy share a similar move set...

Is there a jpg of this marvellous art:

Kiki should update it with the later released characters and release as an art piece.

And an All About SFV book is now due 😉

7 hours ago, martinitolove said:

Yes, I do! And All About Capcom Fighting Games, and SF3, and Warzard.

By the way I'm really wondering why since Zeku has a Kenji costume and Alex has a Leo costume the team at Capcom doesn't give Rose a Tessa and Cammy a Mai Ling costume...

For Mai Ling Chun li should have been the pick, but Rose-Tessa would have been spot on 👍

The one that pissed me off has been fucking ED getting Demitri Maximoff (Darkstalkers) costume lol

Would have accepted either Bison or Urien

17 hours ago, martinitolove said:

That would be amazing! Thank you!!!

But she and Cammy share a similar move set...

Is there a jpg of this marvellous art:

Kiki should update it with the later released characters and release as an art piece.

And an All About SFV book is now due 😉

If you want any scans, i would be more than happy to send them to you and im still looking for SF3. Unfortunately there isn't a full picture of this, it's just a video which sucks. Probably need to make a petition so Kiki can turn this into one big ass wallpaper or some shit. 

1 hour ago, sKreetFighteZ said:

If you want any scans, i would be more than happy to send them to you and im still looking for SF3. Unfortunately there isn't a full picture of this, it's just a video which sucks. Probably need to make a petition so Kiki can turn this into one big ass wallpaper or some shit. 

I'd be very geatfull if you could send a download link to me in a message!

Regarding Kiki I've thaight so. I think I have his contact on instagram. Will send him a message and an invitation to join us here 😉

12 hours ago, Daemos said:

So... The great evil has returned. We must be prepared!

Was Vasili the guy who mixed actual canon with his headcanon in one big text thing, then pretend it's all official canon Bible and got mad if people told him his "theories" are not Capcom's canon?

On 1/5/2022 at 1:12 PM, YagamiFire said:

Is it weird that just seeing these images makes me actually more interested in this than anything I've really seen from SF largely of late? It just seems so much more imaginative and crazy. Yeah it's probably really dumb but at least it's kinetic and feels like its taking risks unlike the boring AF SF5 story.

The SF story needs new vitality. New energy. It's become...tired and everyone seems to have fallen into static positions...frozen in amber.

I'd kill for a Ryu with that much dynamic personality to him (SFII manga Ryu is best Ryu)

Yasushi's Ryu (SF2V manga @Sano posted) was scrappy as fuck

He was also creative and instictive fighter, adapting to the fight or situations pretty dynamically... aside the last fight of these scans he ever win his fights by training+talent+will rather than "magic" ki power-up.

And iirc even in that fight with Asrafil he managed to fight and even win various phases mostly as himself... problem was as i said before that Asrafil was designed to regenerate more powerful each time, so in his last form he simply gone above "basic Ryu" abilities

He still showed empathy (so without go too "edgy" twist of the character) even with enemies that would murder him, example he judo throw Rog from a rooftop but made him land on a parked car on purpose to not kill him, and generally respected his opponents after a good fight

I remember not liking some things about that manga back then (Ryu having long spiky hair and no headband to begin with) but he was an entertaining Ryu indeed

Looked for my old GAME OVER numbers (that i did'nt touched in decades) to take some pics but guess lost them either when i moved in my single home, or when i moved to my woman's one

But i checked a bit the link i posted

Fun thing i found is Ryu pulling a Zangief on Rog, decades before Gief himself did in ASF

spacer.png  spacer.png

The later part with Ryu showing teeth was him telling to Rog  that since he retired from boxing world he must have lost lot of power (as did'nt even broke a tooth) and that he could not have tanked his punches if Rog was in his prime days, iirc also in Kanzaki's one something similar was said (or my memory is mixing things lol)

Wonder if Capcom itself considered that while writing the story of Alex being able in the mma tournament final to tank Rog's punches for 2 rounds and then winning by one single counter-punch

spacer.png

never liked that one much (not Alex winning part, but outpunching Rog) but would be far more acceptable if was canon thing that Rog's power by the time of SF3 had huge decay from his prime days

Edited by CESTUS III
1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

Was Vasili the guy who mixed actual canon with his headcanon in one big text thing, then pretend it's all official canon Bible and got mad if people told him his "theories" are not Capcom's canon?

Yasushi's Ryu (SF2V manga @Sano posted) was scrappy as fuck

He was also creative and instictive fighter, adapting to the fight or situations pretty dynamically... aside the last fight of these scans he ever win his fights by training+talent+will rather than "magic" ki power-up.

And iirc even in that fight with Asrafil he managed to fight and even win various phases mostly as himself... problem was as i said before that Asrafil was designed to regenerate more powerful each time, so in his last form he simply gone above "basic Ryu" abilities

He still showed empathy (so without go too "edgy" twist of the character) even with enemies that would murder him, example he judo throw Rog from a rooftop but made him land on a parked car on purpose to not kill him, and generally respected his opponents after a good fight

I remember not liking some things about that manga back then (Ryu having long spiky hair and no headband to begin with) but he was an entertaining Ryu indeed

Looked for my old GAME OVER numbers (that i did'nt touched in decades) to take some pics but guess lost them either when i moved in my single home, or when i moved to my woman's one

But i checked a bit the link i posted

Fun thing i found is Ryu pulling a Zangief on Rog, decades before Gief himself did in ASF

spacer.png

spacer.png

The later part with Ryu showing teeth was him telling to Rog  that since he retired from boxing world he must have lost lot of power (as did'nt even broke a tooth) and that he could not have tanked his punches if Rog was in his prime days, iirc also in Kanzaki's one something similar was said (or my memory is mixing things lol)

Wonder if Capcom itself considered that while writing the story of Alex being able in the mma tournament final to tank Rog's punches for 2 rounds and then winning by one single counter-punch

spacer.png

never liked that one much (not Alex winning part, but outpunching Rog) but would be far more acceptable if was canon thing that Rog's power by the time of SF3 had huge decay from his prime days

The only justice Rog was given was in SF5 but they fucked that up too 

1 hour ago, sKreetFighteZ said:

The only justice Rog was given was in SF5 but they fucked that up too 

I think in terms of prestige apex for Rog in SF timeline was and will ever be the very early phase we see him...  so first SF2 where he's one of the not selectable Shadaloo bosses (even if the weakest one), wich made him seem "special" compared to standard characters

Canon wise i think is possible some would think he was stronger before Alpha days when he was a professional boxer, but -unless confirmed by some capcom's piece- it's pretty hypothetic shit... if i have to make up a theory, maybe he used to be even better athletically but now have definitely more experience against non-boxing fighters

In SF5 guess his best moment is easily that he defeated Necalli and made him retire, wich by itself would be very big deal if was'nt that capcom's writing of that character feel very  weak

In SF3 at least they made him have upper hand over Alex for an entire round, but tbh felt like they just disprected his punching power, when he's supposed to be one of the very best of the world at that

ps: i personally don't care, but guess you can edit your previous long quote to not have people be pissed at you

Edited by CESTUS III
31 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

I think in terms of prestige apex for Rog in SF timeline was and will ever be the very early phase we see him...  so first SF2 where he's one of the not selectable Shadaloo bosses (even if the weakest one), wich made him seem "special" compared to standard characters

Canon wise i think is possible some would think he was stronger before Alpha days when he was a professional boxer, but -unless confirmed by some capcom's piece- it's pretty hypothetic shit... if i have to make up a theory, maybe he used to be even better athletically but now have definitely more experience against non-boxing fighters

In SF5 guess his best moment is easily that he defeated Necalli and made him retire, wich by itself would be very big deal if was'nt that capcom's writing of that character feel very  weak

In SF3 at least they made him have upper hand over Alex for an entire round, but tbh felt like they just disprected his punching power, when he's supposed to be one of the very best of the world at that

ps: i personally don't care, but guess you can edit your previous long quote to not have people be pissed at you

Exactly. They always give Rog the short end of the stick for what reason exactly ? Like it makes no sense and they can never make up their minds. Let's not forget them breaking up him and Ed...THEY WERE MEANT TO BE SUPERSTARS 

Just now, sKreetFighteZ said:

Exactly. They always give Rog the short end of the stick for what reason exactly ? Like it makes no sense and they can never make up their minds. Let's not forget them breaking up him and Ed...THEY WERE MEANT TO BE SUPERSTARS 

Besides, he's technically is the first parent with their child on the roster . 

7 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Yup. He refused to acknowledge the SF4 OVAs as canon but had no problem saying that Gen and Gouken were zombies. I'll never forget how he got into a fight with everyone over Nash's dogtags. 

9 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Man I want to read this manga now

And nope your memory is not tricking you. In Kanzaki's manga Ryu states his hadoken is like 2/3rds the strength of Rog's punch in Rog's prime but that Rog's strength has decayed because he's gone soft from being a wannabe mobster running his Little Las Vegas on Shad island.

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Yup. He refused to acknowledge the SF4 OVAs as canon but had no problem saying that Gen and Gouken were zombies. I'll never forget how he got into a fight with everyone over Nash's dogtags. 

Yeah, guessed was same guy given Daemos reaction lol

5 hours ago, sKreetFighteZ said:

Exactly. They always give Rog the short end of the stick for what reason exactly ?

Of the Shadaloo kings he's the one that fit the brute goon stereotype, and that's the kind of character japanese will ever pick as jobber lol

5 hours ago, sKreetFighteZ said:

Like it makes no sense and they can never make up their minds. Let's not forget them breaking up him and Ed...THEY WERE MEANT TO BE SUPERSTARS 

That made sense as Ed felt like be a living time-bomb (due PsychoPower/Bison presence), and did'nt wanted Rog to be next to him when will explode

He chosen Falke as companion because unlike Rog she was aready involved in that nightmare

4 hours ago, BootyWarrior said:
  Hide contents

spacer.png

Tbh also can't shake off the idea that

Spoiler

Gouki may very well just be Ryu's biological father

I'm not even considering/being influenced by other non canon media like SF:AF or SFAtA, just elements in official games (SF4, SF5 but also a Capcom comment about SF3) are giving me that vibe

1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

Yeah, guessed was same guy given Daemos reaction lol

Of the Shadaloo kings he's the one that fit the brute goon stereotype, and that's the kind of character japanese will ever pick as jobber lol

That made sense as Ed felt like be a living time-bomb (due PsychoPower/Bison presence), and did'nt wanted Rog to be next to him when will explode

He chosen Falke as companion because unlike Rog she was aready involved in that nightmare

Tbh also can't shake off the idea that

Hide contents

Gouki may very well just be Ryu's biological father

I'm not even considering/being influenced by other non canon media like SF:AF or SFAtA, just elements in official games (SF4, SF5 but also a Capcom comment about SF3) are giving me that vibe

I thought Ryu was an orphan. 

9 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

Man I want to read this manga now

And nope your memory is not tricking you. In Kanzaki's manga Ryu states his hadoken is like 2/3rds the strength of Rog's punch in Rog's prime but that Rog's strength has decayed because he's gone soft from being a wannabe mobster running his Little Las Vegas on Shad island.

Yeah i would love that too, mostly because i love hunt influences Capcom may have used for this or that

The Sagat Ultra2 and possibly Asrafil giving them ideas for Gill were the only i remembered, but just looking some scans is jumped out the Gief-Rog scene done by Ryu lol

I'm sure reading the whole thing somehing else may appear, capcom guys seems to keep at least in consideration SF japanese manga

Same for the Kanzaki one, surely there's stuff there too (example Vega SFV design + one color as specific tribute)

8 hours ago, sKreetFighteZ said:

I thought Ryu was an orphan. 

Correct, canon wise at the moment Ryu is an orphan, but orphans have biological parents too.

Not saying that will happen, but IF they have in mind to make that Gouki is Ryu's father nothing in the current canon prevent them from do it and will explain some strange change of vibes we got in SF4 and SFV