Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

On 1/8/2022 at 10:22 AM, CESTUS III said:

Was Vasili the guy who mixed actual canon with his headcanon in one big text thing, then pretend it's all official canon Bible and got mad if people told him his "theories" are not Capcom's canon?

He's the reason why Rose is the "Good half of Bison's Soul". Among a great many other fallacies and mistranslations that were spread undisputed for so long in the Pre-Youtube/Wiki/Social Media Dark Age that they actually made it into the Expanded Universe (Udon, Chun-Li Movie) etc.

Were it not for the combined effort of all the peoples of SRK, Sauron Vas would never have been vanquished!

Edited by Daemos
22 hours ago, sKreetFighteZ said:

I wonder why 🤔

It's because while at first everybody seems to agree on "wow capcom sucked on that, shit writing, weak story here and ther" and everything it's good, then somebody open Pandora's Box saying the mighty "fans would write it better"

And then monsters appear.

Again, only thing i would like to get fixed are clear wrong/shitty profiles info (wich tbh would be LOT to fix lol), but even at that canon does'nt works like that

11 hours ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

I don't remember, honestly. 🤔 It's more likely it was@bakfromon, because he's the resident Ryu fan who knows Japanese. The old SRK forum has become a mess when it comes to searching old posts, so I just gave up trying to find something.

Yeah, tried to search something there but could find nothing (even if in my case must admit i had pretty vague key-words to work on lol), well good we got another piece ever by Capcom confirming more or less same thing 😄

Thanks for the reply anyway

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

He's the reason why Rose is the "Good half of Bison's Soul". Among a great many other fallacies and mistranslations that were spread undisputed for so long in the Pre-Youtube/Wiki/Social Media Dark Age that they actually made it into the Expanded Universe (Udon, Chun-Li Movie) etc.

Were it not for the combined effort of all the peoples of SRK, Sauron Vas would never have been vanquished!

Tbh i could not care less about "expanded universe", but REALLY scary part is that when not-canon stuff stick around long enough can happen that shit sneak into actual SF lol

1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

It's because while at first everybody seems to agree on "wow capcom sucked on that, shit writing, weak story here and ther" and everything it's good, then somebody open Pandora's Box saying the mighty "fans would write it better"

And then monsters appear.

Again, only thing i would like to get fixed are clear wrong/shitty profiles info (wich tbh would be LOT to fix lol), but even at that canon does'nt works like that

Yeah, tried to search something there but could find nothing (even if in my case must admit i had pretty vague key-words to work on lol), well good we got another piece ever by Capcom confirming more or less same thing 😄

Thanks for the reply anyway

Hey, i understand that logic! It's actually a good approach and idea to keep in mind! Thank you for the insight. And character profiles, yes like they'll literally add and then take away 😐 which is annoying and confusing, but i remember lore really well so it's no biggie for me 😄.

Also something I found out that is very much off topic....

Spoiler

Falke has a barcode on her left ankle on her story outfit (exactly where those red and yellow linings are on her default outfit....😐

Currently debating on ending my gaming career or just sit here and cry 

Also, i still have access to those old forums, it's just certain key words you have to type or it would tell you to do a Google search. Are yall locking for those old translations? 

10 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

There is no costume issue. Arc sys uses 3D characters for their games. They can easily create alt costumes for the cast.

No, that's not true.

You can just slap costumes on SF5 characters because all of the hair and clothing physics are handled procedurally by the game engine.

That's not the case with ArcSys models.  Every strip of hair and fold of cloth is animated by hand.  Which means creating a new costume requires a TON of animation work that SF5 costumes don't, even though the models are also 3D.

Edited by DarthEnderX
12 hours ago, sKreetFighteZ said:

And character profiles, yes like they'll literally add and then take away 😐 which is annoying and confusing, but i remember lore really well so it's no biggie for me 😄.

No for wrong character profiles i mean the classic "little box" of info that every SF char have

Think the small text section where they put name, birthday, height, weight, nationality, fight style, like/dislike etc... basically some sort of expanded ID card that is a classic of SF format

There you have tons of straight errors or omission that can be for many reasons

Sometime Capcom even fix it themselves, but they seem to don't give much fucks about these, so it may take very long before they fix it, or they don't even do it

Good example of Capcom fixing it are retard SF2 weights, that got fixed just recently with SFV after decades lol

Couple of easy examples can be

- Zangief gone from very low 254 lbs (115 kg) to 400 lbs (181 kg) in SFV

- Sagat from from ridicolous low 172 lbs. (78 kg) to 216 lbs. (98 kg) in SFV, wich is still way too light for a 7'5" man, but at least little improvement (ironically fucking SF1 had the best weight at 262 lbs./119 kg wich was never used again)

Then you have stuff where marketing interference played a role to dumb down shit furthermore

These i would surely love to see fixed, possibly with Capcom giving actual care about it

But story events canon and char biography are a total different matter, and theories sold as facts/fanon/dumb wiki/capcomUSA (lmao)/fanfiction/not-canon media... they add even more pollution in the already difficult task to put together the SF canon puzzle, wich by himself already put lot effort on hide pieces in most obscure places lol

1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

No for wrong character profiles i mean the classic "little box" of info that every SF char have

Think the small text section where they put name, birthday, height, weight, nationality, fight style, like/dislike etc... basically some sort of expanded ID card that is a classic of SF format

There you have tons of straight errors or omission that can be for many reasons

Sometime Capcom even fix it themselves, but they seem to don't give much fucks about these, so it may take very long before they fix it, or they don't even do it

Good example of Capcom fixing it are retard SF2 weights, that got fixed just recently with SFV after decades lol

Couple of easy examples can be

- Zangief gone from very low 254 lbs (115 kg) to 400 lbs (181 kg) in SFV

- Sagat from from ridicolous low 172 lbs. (78 kg) to 216 lbs. (98 kg) in SFV, wich is still way too light for a 7'5" man, but at least little improvement (ironically fucking SF1 had the best weight at 262 lbs./119 kg wich was never used again)

Then you have stuff where marketing interference played a role to dumb down shit furthermore

These i would surely love to see fixed, possibly with Capcom giving actual care about it

But story events canon and char biography are a total different matter, and theories sold as facts/fanon/dumb wiki/capcomUSA (lmao)/fanfiction/not-canon media... they add even more pollution in the already difficult task to put together the SF canon puzzle, wich by himself already put lot effort on hide pieces in most obscure places lol

If capcom doesn't get it together by SF6, im calling them directly to have a nice friendly talk...

1 hour ago, sKreetFighteZ said:

If capcom doesn't get it together by SF6, im calling them directly to have a nice friendly talk...

Get that speech ready fam. I like what the new guys have done since they took over SFV but I'm not going to believe Capcom has got their shit together until I've seen it. On the bright side, they give me hope that Capcom wont fuck it up. I didn't have that before.

41 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Get that speech ready fam. I like what the new guys have done since they took over SFV but I'm not going to believe Capcom has got their shit together until I've seen it.

Plus while in SFV some profile shit has been fixed, on other side they did worse on some different profile retardness, see the fear of give new characters a damn nationality... wich is one of the most anti-SF things one can do lol  (i guess a "gift" by some western marketing cunt, but just my theory)

Sure on lot of them we have hints to reach the truth, but if that truth is'nt on the profile there can ever be an argument it can't be considered canon

Edited by CESTUS III
On 12/30/2021 at 7:20 PM, Daemos said:

Now if only I can convince him that SF2 and SFA3 have been retconned into the same series of events by SF4, we'd be best friends. Our combined love for Lord Vega would be unstoppable! ❤️

Well, here is the man who can bring your "suicidal psycho powered dream" to come true:

spacer.png

😋

But, since in his recent tweet concerning SF2 outcome he totally ignored the SF4 C. Viper trailer.... and the latest timeline having SFZ3 and SF2 as separate events... I believe we won't have a canon "daemos in the mergeverse of suicidal madness" so soon...😅

spacer.png

Not impossible, though.

On 1/13/2022 at 6:16 PM, Daemos said:

He's the reason why Rose is the "Good half of Bison's Soul".

Actually... not totally. That's 70% Capcom's fault and 30% Vasili's.

In the jap version of SFZ3, Capcom only stated that they have the same soul and that Vega/Bison and Rose had a Master - Pupil relationship. And, given the descriptions of Psycho and Soul Power at the time in AAC (and if I'm not mistaken in AASFZ1 as well) being the same power (Vega's SFZ1 japanese ending and Rose's USF4 prologue) with opposite polarities, the conclusion you can draw is that Rose is the good portion and Vega the evil one. Also, from Rose's AAFZ1 account, we do know that Rose's master, from whom she was taught to use Soul Power,  was someone kind who said to her the following words "One day, for sure, you will head to the battleground. Never forget one thing: 'soul power' is, for you, a powerful weapon and also an insurmountable weakness...”And, if Vega was her only master, that means he, at least while training her, wasn't the monster that we know...

What Vasili did? Tried to join all the information that we had at the time, but with a little bit of his head cannon (and that was his mistake):

He tried to fit in when Vega's soul got split in two. Since after murdering his master was the turning point to when he started a murder spree, he thought that this was when Vega "expelled" all the goodness in his soul, so he could fully master Psycho Power, that got even stronger when the user fully embraced evil energies, specially hate. Since Psycho Power became his late power, he thought that Vega's master actually taught Soul Power to Vega, who, upon learning that his hateful state of mind would lead to a much greater power, Psycho Power, decided to kill his master after learning everything from him. The expelled goodness of his soul would become (or would possess) Rose somehow. However, Capcom never mentioned anything about it. Capcom's fault for handling the subject so poorly.

I do believe that Capcom had something in mind for Rose in SFZ1 and 2, but that changed in Z3.

The same thing happened with the Shun Goku Satsu description back then. That the one receiving it was sent to hell and, their past sins would attract demons who would attack the soul. Possibly he mistranslated from Gouki's SFZ3 ending. The international version also mentions that the past sins is what will kill the person receiving it. Again, partially Capcom's fault.

Now, Gouken and Gen being zombies....🤢😩

Edited by Lord_Vega
2 minutes ago, Lord_Vega said:

Now, Gouken and Gen being zombies....

At that point,  to be fair with Vasili, It's likely a theory formed from limited source material and previous available information.

That time everyone assumed Gen is dead already why he wasn't in SF3.

Same with Gouken that obviously a clear retcon

I think that time he just stood for what it was conclude and didn't take the retcon of SF4 as something before everything is laid out completely.

I was there during the conflict but didnt intervene 

5 minutes ago, Lord_Vega said:

The international version also mentions that the past sins is what will kill the person receiving it. Again, partially Capcom's fault.

Yeah, Can't be blame Vasili for that obviously Capcom had always been that regarding translation and inconsistency, they always had issues and Vasilli was just going to the more widely familiar materials and known translation.

8 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Get that speech ready fam. I like what the new guys have done since they took over SFV but I'm not going to believe Capcom has got their shit together until I've seen it. On the bright side, they give me hope that Capcom wont fuck it up. I didn't have that before.

They have done better regarding SF5, however they haven't fully redeemed themselves. They still suck and will forever be on bullshit. 

10 hours ago, Lord_Vega said:

In the jap version of SFZ3, Capcom only stated that they have the same soul and that Vega/Bison and Rose had a Master - Pupil relationship. 

Also, from Rose's AAFZ1 account, we do know that Rose's master, from whom she was taught to use Soul Power,  was someone kind who said to her the following words "One day, for sure, you will head to the battleground. Never forget one thing: 'soul power' is, for you, a powerful weapon and also an insurmountable weakness...”And, if Vega was her only master, that means he, at least while training her, wasn't the monster that we know...

That's pretty cool, first time i read that line from Rose's Master regardless who he was

Some questions that come to mind from that, but most important one, will Capcom recognize/stick to this old canon? Who knows 

One sure thing is they STILL take very strong inspiration from Jojo's Lisa Lisa for Rose, as even modern canon have been written to keep the link/tribute to that character alive: 

Even without count the mask costume being JoJo reference, more lore related SFV Rose training two disciples in her Venice/Genova palace, clearly mirror Lisa Lisa training two disciples in her Venice palace. 

Even the two students themselves have clear links 

Caesar-Menat: both are the senior student, Caesar power take the form of ki powered bubbles that work pretty much like Menat's VT orbs and can resemble also her glass sphere

Joseph-Maggio: both are the new student, Joseph use as weapon ki infused toy clackers, while Maggio has been shown with a very similar toy (a yoyo) and he's possibly learning to infuse it of soul power 

Later i will check something on Lisa Lisa past/training/master (passed a while from last time i watched JoJo), maybe some interesting parallel can come out from there too

EDIT: ok checked a bit and IF Capcom will keep the parallel with JoJo, is more probable that "the kind man" who talks to Rose and Bison are two different people

Basically in JoJo the Master-Disciple goes

Tonpetty -> Straizo -> Lisa Lisa

if we keep it for SF maybe something like

"Kind man" -> Bison -> Rose

I'm saying this because just reading a bit not only Tonpetty have solid parallel with the "kind man", but just realized Straizo may be inspiration for Bison starting as Soul Power user and switching to Psycho Power

Tomorrow i expand a bit this 😄

Edited by CESTUS III
4 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

That's pretty cool, first time i read that line from Rose's Master regardless who he was

Some questions that come to mind from that, but most important one, will Capcom recognize/stick to this old canon? Who knows 

One sure thing is they STILL take very strong inspiration from Jojo's Lisa Lisa for Rose, as even modern canon have been written to keep the link/tribute to that character alive: 

Even without count the mask costume being JoJo reference, more lore related SFV Rose training two disciples in her Venice/Genova palace, clearly mirror Lisa Lisa training two disciples in her Venice palace.

That's from Rose's account in AASFZ1. She also repeat this verbatin in her vanilla SF4 prologue. There, it was translated as "Soul Power is the one weapon you cannot control. It is your weakness. And it will be your undoing."

Capcom have been pretty consistent with the old material. Very little was changed/retconned. Let's see if with the time travel they will keep it that way. I really would like to see Vega training Rose. But I don't think it will happen...

It's interesting the 2 students thing that you mentioned. In  the SF2 Dash/CE Gamest account, Vega's master had 2 students before Vega that also were able to manipulate Psycho Power to some extent. When asked about those 2 students on Twitter, Akira Nishitani mentioned that "a lot of things were made up by the videogame magazines" (without specifically saying what). However, the 2 students were mentioned in Vega's SF2 Dash/CE section in the AAC book...

Edited by Lord_Vega
2 hours ago, Lord_Vega said:

It's interesting the 2 students thing that you mentioned. In  the SF2 Dash/CE Gamest account, Vega's master had 2 students before Vega that also were able to manipulate Psycho Power to some extent. When asked about those 2 students on Twitter, Akira Nishitani mentioned that "a lot of things were made up by the videogame magazines" (without specifically saying what). However, the 2 students were mentioned in Vega's SF2 Dash/CE section in the AAC book...

Its likely that they forgot about it being referred into one of their sources, since its passed along different people and management as years had passed.

Or they just don't care about anything anymore from the earlier  narrative before ssf2. Because sfz/a or anything inconsistency is always one the problem with Capcom. Cant blame that to those that filters it like Vasili.

Edited by Shakunetsu
19 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

I'm saying this because just reading a bit not only Tonpetty have solid parallel with the "kind man", but just realized Straizo may be inspiration for Bison starting as Soul Power user and switching to Psycho Power

Tomorrow i expand a bit this 😄

@Lord_Vega

Here we are, may find this interesting 😄

About Tonpeti/Tonpetty as the kind Master who's able to see future and using this skill to warn his students about dangerous future:

"Tonpetty is a wise, world-worn man who shows great concern for others. He warned Zeppeli about how his training would seal his fate but was not forceful about it."

"As a Ripple master, Tonpetty has trained multiple people in the art of the Ripple. He is the only character shown to be able to predict the future of someone just by touching their hands, displaying a high level of skill. "

About Straizo as inspiration for Bison possible being a Soul Power user who got corrupted and gone to the opposite side to reach power and immortality:

"Straizo explained that he trained in the Ripple to become stronger, but his powers only made him even more aware of his human limitations[7]. He admits having admired Dio's overwhelming strength as a Vampire and when the Ripple proved insufficient to preserve his youth, he decided to use a Stone Mask. In his search for a way to stop his aging process, Straizo killed friends and followers. He was ready to die for it, which was demonstrated when he killed the expedition group, along with his disciples"

"All this time I planned on entering Hell while still vibrant and filled with energy, not as some withered desiccated corpse. I cannot tell you the ecstasy I have felt in being young again. "

He's also the one who have Master-Pupil relationship with Lisa Lisa (as Bison with Rose):

"Elizabeth (Lisa Lisa real name) was subsequently adopted by the Ripple user Straizo and learned the art of Ripple from him until her 18th birthday."

BONUS
Straizo's body get destroyed from the inside after his body got filled of opposite  kind of energy and clearly say to regret nothing, VERY similar to what happen to Bison in ASF

spacer.png

16 hours ago, Lord_Vega said:

It's interesting the 2 students thing that you mentioned. In  the SF2 Dash/CE Gamest account, Vega's master had 2 students before Vega that also were able to manipulate Psycho Power to some extent.

While i think is kinda beyond doubt (for all the parallel i mentioned before) Capcom dropped Menat & Maggio as counterpart/tribute to Caesar & Joseph, i find is cool that you mentioned this (another thing i read for the first time) because i think lead us to another parallel again that may further hint Straizo-Bison thing

Master Tonpeti indeed had 2 students before Straizo, who were Zeppeli and Dire

This discussion end up being cool af to me, story-wise i ever considered just Rose as being heavy inspired by JoJo, but digging a bit i'm realizing the whole (very very little) lore we have about Soul Power and Bison past seem to come from there too lol 😄

Edited by CESTUS III

Bison has been dead and will forever will be dead. He's worse than Nash and Kenny from South Park and if he ever comes back alive, im suing somebody for emotional damage because why is he alive 😪. Man has been showing out ever since SF2 with the whole "we were in love" incident with Ms. KILLER BEE...i mean Cammy.

Anyways, Takayuki should really make a plushie that looks like him. I would buy it 🥺

So while not necessarily relevant, somebody has been trying to hack into CPS2 to alter sprite files etc, if it ever gets to the point that text editing becomes feasible, then it means that it's entirely plausible that there's a chance to make a patch for the CPS2 era games that retranslate the script and even add back the Japan only stuff like continue hints or partner specific quotes in MvSF...

New little piece for our collection 😄

"As said by director Takayuki Nakayama, in addition to all the nods and references to Hiryu and the Strider series, the Street Fighter V newcomer Zeku also adopts references to Osman* as a way to "pay respect" to the game, recognizing it as a spiritual successor of Strider[11][12]. This includes nods in Zeku's young appearance and in techniques named after Kirin and Teki**, among others."

*Osman was an arcade game known also as Cannon-Dancer and was considered some sort of spiritual sequel of Strider

**Teki is the name of a mercenary squad the protagonist Kirin is part of

Here visual reference for influence on young Zeku costume design, see that Y.Zeku's forward side only, tight fitting shirt that leave uncovered his back

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Fun last thing, he also created ki "blades" with his kicks like Old Zeku does

spacer.png

Edited by CESTUS III

I already did posted Osman reference wayback 2017 that was like five years early

In-fact there were no other mentioned of OSMAN in previous threads other than me.

https://forums.shoryuken.com/t/sfv-character-request-anticipation-thread/175569/23577

https://forums.shoryuken.com/t/the-inevitable-street-fighter-v-story-thread-arcade-edition/177027/27452

Zeku feels like OSMAN because of being weaponless, along with the kicks and the Fatal Attack.

OSMAN - is a supposed unofficial sequel to Strider. Which is also directed by Kouichi Yotsui along with many ex-Capcom staff that worked on the original arcade version of Strider.

Osman_(Arcade)_03.gif

tumblr_owpbzcCC8I1r7sijxo1_500.gif

tumblr_owpem7UsXS1r7sijxo1_500.gif

**Shukumyo**'s command are some kind of similar to Guy's special teleport command that only appeared in the Hyper version of SFA3 in PS2.

https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/assets/def/img/news/promotion/zku/point_img1-1_en.png?1507876818

Edited by Shakunetsu
15 minutes ago, N-Tactix said:

Really strange that his art hasn't evolved or changed at all since MvC1, 24 years ago...

Everyone actually did actually changed and that include most noticeably BENGUS.

Shinkiro, Akiman and Daigo had become better in their more recent art.

The one that has barely change was Kinu but her art still remain the same admired style as before.

2 hours ago, N-Tactix said:

Really strange that his art hasn't evolved or changed at all since MvC1, 24 years ago... Plasma Sword was the last time he was actually high quality.

The base is similar as is same artist, but tbh he changed a lot, if anything this current style has been "invented"/used specifically for SFV 

There was actually lot of internet hate on his SFV work, good portion of wich was imho undeserved, but whatever... defend it was'nt much pragmatic crusade back then, sure af is'nt now that game ended it's cycle 

Personally only issue i have with him is that doing his SFV art he -apparently purposefully- ignored some things ingame appearance, and while at times i may agree with his vision more (example i prefered when Ryu, Chun and Gief had brown hair too), it still create visual incoherence 

Not a first for SF saga, but still 

Btw talk as a whole about SFV art direction incoherence is open pandora's box, so much to say that i prefer don't even start lol 

I just hope that SF6 art direction will 

1- don't try to don't look "japanese"

2- don't go full retard trying -again- realistic shit 

3- don't outsource shit, and if they do, have the art director squeeze everybody's balls at any sign of personal freedom 

4- have a clear, uniform, strong vision that's expressed in all visual aspects of the product 

5- ignore marketing cunts 

Get 5 out 5 is highly unlikely, but till first trailer one man can at least dream lol

Edited by CESTUS III
2 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

The base is similar as is same artist, but tbh he changed a lot, if anything this current style has been "invented"/used specifically for SFV

it's the same as MvC2 without the pirate map filter especially when you look at the women. Characters lack volume+look flat and there's more an emphasis on wilder expressions.

18 minutes ago, N-Tactix said:

it's the same as MvC2 without the pirate map filter especially when you look at the women. Characters lack volume+look flat and there's more an emphasis on wilder expressions.

MvC2

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 Ryu character art | Marvel vs. Capcom | Know Your MemeMarvel vs. Capcom 2 Chun-Li character art | Marvel vs. Capcom | Know Your  Meme

SFV

Street Fighter V Champion Edition | RecensioneStreet Fighter 5 CHUN LI STORY MODE 【1080p】60fps - YouTube

-click for correct image proportions-

Possible see same hand? Yeah would not have hard time believe it

SAME style? Nah, would say he did actually a long road from A to B

Use of lines, color, proportions, in some cases poses, composition etc... he changed lot from his old stuff, he gone pretty experimental actually

Not saying for better or worse, but simply that he showed up to SFV day with a new self as artist

Edited by CESTUS III
1 hour ago, sKreetFighteZ said:

Does anyone even like the art style for SF5 ? I wanna hear you guy's opinions?

Ingame?

Hit and miss, have good moments but also terrible ones.

Person who chosen some SFV color palette gimmicks i hope will not be anywhere near SF6.

Overall i would say it's "decent", wich if is'nt negative itself it's definitely below what i expect from the most important fight game saga of vg history

Artworks?

I can barely point what SFV artworks art style is... we have some shitty renders, some Bengus story art, some arcade endings by 78 people some of wich from udon, kiki doing promotional stuff, some cover art from fucking artgerm, some more shitty renderings. Bunch of styles and things that barely make sense next to each others

Literally can't point wich is SFV visual identity because not even SFV people know it, only thing i can clearly see is that SFV art, whatever SFV art is, is not the best i seen from SF

Concepts?

I liked most of the job done, except parts touched by Kiki. I don't care (actually i do, but not much) for promotional art, but make Kiki do lot of alt costumes was a mistake... now some will say Kiki costumes were best, i can care less lmao

Beside Kiki impacting otherwise pretty good concept production, real problem of concepts is that in next phase, beyond their control, 3D modellers took lot of personal liberties and as result good concepts were ruined. Of course 2D to 3D is'nt 1:1 job, specially with tech/ingame style chosen, but on top of that you have them take liberties

Wich is why #3 of my wishlist have that if you really must outsource i would like them to work with art director breath on their neck 24/7... SF6 deserve better.

The Bengus guy everybody complained about?

I am NOT a fan of his SFV job. I liked some stuff he did, but overall his work disappointed me

For that reason when i do a list of who i would like do SF6 artworks and a list of who not, he's in latter (would keep him for chara design/alts concepts work though, and ironically it's a more important job if we consider impact)

But when i seen the kind of internet shitstorm people(nobody in particular, the general trend) gave him, most without even the knowledge to have a decent opinion to begin with, defend his position was like the lesser evil lmao

But yeah, still fresh of SFV ask me list of possible candidates to do SF6 artworks and you will not find him in my 10 names

Edited by CESTUS III
4 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Ingame?

Hit and miss, have good moments but also terrible ones.

Person who chosen some SFV color palette gimmicks i hope will not be anywhere near SF6.

Overall i would say it's "decent", wich if is'nt negative itself it's definitely below what i expect from the most important fight game saga of vg history

Artworks?

I can barely point what SFV artworks art style is... we have some shitty renders, some Bengus story art, some arcade endings by 78 people some of wich from udon, kiki doing promotional stuff, some cover art from fucking artgerm, some more shitty renderings. Bunch of styles and things that barely make sense next to each others

Literally can't point wich is SFV visual identity because not even SFV people know it, only thing i can clearly see is that SFV art, whatever SFV art is, is not the best i seen from SF

Concepts?

I liked most of the job done, except parts touched by Kiki. I don't care (actually i do, but not much) for promotional art, but make Kiki do lot of alt costumes was a mistake... now some will say Kiki costumes were best, i can care less lmao

Beside Kiki impacting otherwise pretty good concept production, real problem of concepts is that in next phase, beyond their control, 3D modellers took lot of personal liberties and as result good concepts were ruined. Of course 2D to 3D is'nt 1:1 job, specially with tech/ingame style chosen, but on top of that you have them take liberties

Wich is why #3 of my wishlist have that if you really must outsource i would like them to work with art director breath on their neck 24/7... SF6 deserve better.

The Bengus guy everybody complained about?

I am NOT a fan of his SFV job. I liked some stuff he did, but overall his work disappointed me

For that reason when i do a list of who i would like do SF6 artworks and a list of who not, he's in latter (would keep him for chara design/alts concepts work though, and ironically it's a more important job if we consider impact)

But when i seen the kind of internet shitstorm by people gave him, most without even the knowledge to have a decent opinion to begin with, defend his position was like the lesser evil lmao

But yeah, still fresh of SFV ask me list of possible candidates to do SF6 artworks and you will not find him in my 10 names

Okay now this thread was funny to me a bit 😂, but i will agree that some of the artwork and in-game stuff are a hit and miss 

2 minutes ago, sKreetFighteZ said:

If they mess up SF6, im protesting 

Tbh one of few things that make me kinda optimistic we MAY get a SF6 of the quality SF deserve, is that if they have half brain still working, they know they simply can't fuck up

Overall SF have tons of haters, and after SFV shit is even easier for them

If SF6 want to have smooth hype start after the perceived shitshow that SFV was, SF6 needs to be simply flawless

18 minutes ago, sKreetFighteZ said:

Both. I'm open to see what you guys have to say about it lol  😆

Can't go into great detail, I'm at work. 

In Game: I like the in game models for the most part. Outside of few fuck ups like Alex 😔 and Ken's face. It's good overall. 

Art Work: It's a fail. The opposite of in game models. There are a few gems like Kolin' s story mode art but most of it is subpar with really bad anatomy. I'm not one those people that are anal about anatomy but Laura's back when she's putting Sean in a headlock fucking atrocious.

4 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Can't go into great detail, I'm at work. 

In Game: I like the in game models for the most part. Outside of few fuck ups like Alex 😔 and Ken's face. It's good overall. 

Art Work: It's a fail. The opposite of in game models. There are a few gems like Kolin' s story mode art but most of it is subpar with really bad anatomy. I'm not one those people that are anal about anatomy but Laura's back when she's putting Sean in a headlock fucking atrocious.

Bro, i love Kolin's artwork so much and i also like her in-game model in the general story mode, it was so nice 🥺 and yes, whoever drew that shit needs at least 25 years to life for that 😐