Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

Dang, they're not leaving the story behind, I'm even more excited for Rose now!

Is there anything else you’d want people to know ahead of the final season?

Nakayama-san: In one of the previous answers, I mentioned that we’ve included numerous hints, but there are still undiscovered secrets on the following topics: Zeku and Strider; Q and G, [and] The United States Air Force and Byron Taylor

Also, when incorporating Gill into SFV, we took into consideration his role within the story. In past titles within the series, we had parallel storylines where the ending would change depending on who won. However, since SFV doesn’t follow that same narrative style, we utilized Gill as a character who appears as an embodiment of what that opponent desires. For Kolin, it’s peace for her country. For Urien, it’s a brother. For Ryu, it’s a stronger opponent.

In the Street Fighter timeline, this title precedes the events of Street Fighter III, but for certain characters, their stories of what happens after Street Fighter III are also told. Connecting the dots and maintaining consistency was a challenge, but the addition of new characters and mysteries allowed us to move into the future. When Rose’s story is exposed, new truths may come to light.

I think Gill's for sure takes place after SF3 given Urien knows Gill is the Emperor seeing as he doesn't find that out until SF3 itself. As for the others I have no idea, but it can't be too many as most clearly take place before or at least during SF3.

This pretty much confirms that SF6 will move past 3 at the very least seeing as they're moving past it now, which is a relief. Had to suffer through two games dancing around it before we could move on 😭

EDIT: Maybe the Neo-Shadaloo stuff with Ed and Falke takes place after SF3 seeing as we never get a concrete time period where that takes places and both Ed and Falke look considerably older when in the nazi NS uniforms

Edited by Scotia
3 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

Also, did anyone catch that they said:

"this title precedes the events of Street Fighter III, but for certain characters, their stories of what happens after Street Fighter III are also told.

Iiiinteresting, I wanna backtrack, but who's story takes place after 3, I wonder.

If you think about it, Ibuki's story could already tell events well after SF3, with her recalling all the people she met.
And she remembered having met HAKAN... Sure, it could reference SFIV, or allude to Honda being with him when she met them both, but who knows.

2 hours ago, Scotia said:

Maybe the Neo-Shadaloo stuff with Ed and Falke takes place after SF3 seeing as we never get a concrete time period where that takes places and both Ed and Falke look considerably older when in the nazi NS uniforms

Thats a settings for them at least explains why they are older than what ed is in ASF

Hey, so not sure what the rules are here on self promotion so if this isn't cool let me know and I'll edit all this out. 

I've started making videos on YouTube that cover the events of fighting game stories and my latest one is covering Street Fighter 3. Please feel free to watch it and let me know what you thought or if there was anything I missed. Thanks! 

1 hour ago, Scotia said:

Hey, so not sure what the rules are here on self promotion so if this isn't cool let me know and I'll edit all this out. 

I've started making videos on YouTube that cover the events of fighting game stories and my latest one is covering Street Fighter 3. Please feel free to watch it and let me know what you thought or if there was anything I missed. Thanks! 

What Happened in Street Fighter III? Part 1

I'll get the criticisms out of the way first. I think that sometimes, your words sound mumbled up or inaudible. Either because your natural speaking voice is so quiet and soft, or sometimes you just talk too fast. I know when you show that nerdy side, you sped up the tempo, which works with the excitement, but for the rest of the vid, I feel that you could speak a little slower so the viewer would understand. Also, I would recommend having a little more energy in your voice, or record the audio like you are giving a Presentation, instead of just reporting information.

Other than that, I really liked the series. As a story and lore fan myself, this was a nicely done video that summarized all the character's moments in the SFIII story. Each one that their own focus time, and was either short or longer depending on how important they were. I love the sprite animations you added into the video. Especially since it keeps things fun and interesting instead of looking at gameplay footage or in-game artwork for a whole 14 min. 

You have a pretty good sense of humor too, and i loved how you sprinkled that into the video. I just wished for more energy behind that.

I feel there is so much more to these characters and their story than just this video can cover. But it does a great job of scratching the surface; just giving us an overal general background on the Lore as a whole rather than going in-depth like some other channels do. (DiGi Valentine, or SugarPunch Design Works)

I can't wait for the next part, and for Chun-Li to make her appearence when you get to talking about her. I wonder, will you plan on covering all the other series of SF?

Nicely done with it. I can imagine that it takes a lot of work for you on this video. But I really enjoyed it. Nice job

18 minutes ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

I'll get the criticisms out of the way first. I think that sometimes, your words sound mumbled up or inaudible. Either because your natural speaking voice is so quiet and soft, or sometimes you just talk too fast. I know when you show that nerdy side, you sped up the tempo, which works with the excitement, but for the rest of the vid, I feel that you could speak a little slower so the viewer would understand. Also, I would recommend having a little more energy in your voice, or record the audio like you are giving a Presentation, instead of just reporting information.

Other than that, I really liked the series. As a story and lore fan myself, this was a nicely done video that summarized all the character's moments in the SFIII story. Each one that their own focus time, and was either short or longer depending on how important they were. I love the sprite animations you added into the video. Especially since it keeps things fun and interesting instead of looking at gameplay footage or in-game artwork for a whole 14 min. 

You have a pretty good sense of humor too, and i loved how you sprinkled that into the video. I just wished for more energy behind that.

I feel there is so much more to these characters and their story than just this video can cover. But it does a great job of scratching the surface; just giving us an overal general background on the Lore as a whole rather than going in-depth like some other channels do. (DiGi Valentine, or SugarPunch Design Works)

I can't wait for the next part, and for Chun-Li to make her appearence when you get to talking about her. I wonder, will you plan on covering all the other series of SF?

Nicely done with it. I can imagine that it takes a lot of work for you on this video. But I really enjoyed it. Nice job

Thank you, I appreciate the feedback! Yes I do believe my biggest area of improvement is the actual talking aspect of it. I'm hoping with experience I'll get better but I've had other people tell me before to make it sound like I'm not reading off an actual script lol. But yeah, I'll try and work on it. 

Yeah I could definitely go deeper but like you said other channels do more deep dives into characters and stuff like that and I felt like a more general overview was more unique and that it was better to just stick to what the game tells us instead of going into side stuff from Fact Files that most people won't read lol. And yes I will eventually cover all the SF games but probably not individually. I think I'll do Alpha next once I cover some other games then maybe SF4 or 5 before just doing the whole series in one big video  (I don't really think SF1 or SF2 are worth one video each lol). Each video takes me about two weeks to do from writing the script to editing the video, so yeah it takes a while lol. 

Thanks again for the feedback, I really do appreciate it!

Edited by Scotia
2 hours ago, Scotia said:

You can promote.  Just don't over-do it and spam your stuff in 100 different threads.

5 hours ago, Scotia said:

Interesting man keep up with good work

On 10/23/2020 at 3:56 AM, ShockDingo said:

When Rose’s story is exposed, new truths may come to light.

Please do not be the good half of his soul. Please do not be the good half of his soul. Please do not be the good half of his soul. Please do not be the good half of his soul. Please do not be the good half of his soul. Please do not be the good half of his soul. Please do not be the good half of his soul. Please do not be the good half of his soul. Please do not be the good half of his soul. Please do not be the good half of his soul. Please do not be the good half of his soul. Please do not be the good half of his soul. Please do not be the good half of his soul. Please do not be the good half of his soul. Please do not be the good half of his soul. Please do not be the good half of his soul. Please do not be the good half of his soul. Please do not be the good half of his soul. Please do not be the good half of his soul. Please do not be the good half of his soul. Please do not be the good half of his soul. Please do not be the good half of his soul. Please do not be the good half of his soul. 

@ShakunetsuLet's not discuss that movie. I still salty that SF: World Warrior never got made. I thought we'd finally get a good live action Chun Li portrayal. No disrespect to Ming Na Wen. She was highly capable, her work on Agents of Shield in her 50s proved that, but the script she was given was frankly shit.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
21 hours ago, Scotia said:

You did real good man, nice presentation, humour and info! Chun-Li_Forever covered the crits I had, so overall, good job!

23 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Already purchased mine. And it's an excellent deal, 25 USD for all of that? Hell yes!

So I was posting some headcanons on my twitter and I also recently got into Jojo (I'm the slowest, I know, I know).  With my old theory that G employs various agents all named after the Alphabet (thus all the Q's), plus the art of the male & female agent on G's CFN page, I thought it would be cool if a high ranking female agent looked similar to Lisa Lisa when we first see her:

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

The problems with DS is because Capcom doesn't want to divide their modern target audience.

Street Fighter Alpha was already Darkstalkers *LITE*

I believe there is still a work around with Darkstalkers without dividing the competitive fanbase and fans.

By treating Darkstalkers like SF spinoff games like USF2 and HSFAlpha

It's not to much work because it's not the sprite editing that is the problem but is more on animating it

So adding other existing sprite based characters wouldn't be that technical work.

Like this 3

There's a reason why I didn't include Warzard character for other special reason but it's more on technicality.

maxresdefault.jpg

6 minutes ago, ShockDingo said:

Holy crap and Captain Commando?! Dang Capcom's trying hard at the redemption arc! I hope they bring back the actor from the Beat 'em up bundle commercial and just start using him to promote stuff.

He appeared in the commercial to promote a capcom  compilation  game so no wonder they would choose him back.

There was even tons of wishlist and speculation in MVCi that him probably coming back.

I only wonder if it would still be a beat em up or turn into something different?

Same thing i wondering with Final Fight.

Edited by Shakunetsu

I was thinking last time for a Final Fight with Powerstone like game mechanics But it looks like we will get both Final Fight and Powerstone 

Because Final Fight works more fighting with power ups, objects and stage interaction

Originally other goons and thugs were just meant to be generic batch of clones that only had a name to represent an indicator who the protagonist is beating in the game.

But since they are now flesh-out unlike those thugs in the likes of Punisher and etc

46 minutes ago, YagamiFire said:

Captain Commando Souls-Style game

How about a Dynasty Warriors/ Musou style of game for 4 players

Since their thugs still remains less fleshout unlike Final Fight

Edited by Shakunetsu