Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

4 hours ago, Daemos said:

Yes Adon should return... Sagat has turned too goody-goody for my taste. Evil Muay Thai is the way.

Having said that there is hope for Sagat still. If SF6' story starts with him being abducted by a MYSTERIOUS MAN that brainwashes him and implants an upgraded FSE into his eye. Not only will we get the pre-SF4 villian we all love, but we would've restored the eyesight of the poor man. We could then finally rename him to something casually evil and not too conspicuous like 'Violent Sagat'. The 4 Heavenly Kings will be a happy family again. 😢

Completely disagree on this, Sagat evolution is awesome

Sagat having a change of heart and returning to focus on his pride as martial artist and developing mutual respect with Ryu is one of the best ideas of recent years SF, and make him stand out next to other former villains stuck in their cartoon persona... Sagat had pretty various/original timeline: King/Boss -> broken man -> new villain's dog -> redemption -> focus on pure martial art

Don't see him as softer fighter, regardless of motivations (today he would be less ok with murder his opponent) this is probably the most violent Sagat i ever seen ingame, as somebody who took decent amount of shin kicks to the face his CA give me teh ouch vibes

Street Fighter 5: Arcade Edition - Sagat Basic Moves Guide | Shacknews

if anything as i said some post ago SFV Sagat would is easily the most powerful version of the Muai Thai King we ever see and would wreck any previous version

Not into give him cyber scifi bullshit either, the eyeband is very important for his character and more than that with current design there's clear -awesome- intention to make him feel "ancient" to make him match somehow the ideal of an ancient more pure(strong) version of Muay Thai that precede the modern sport, it's like if to finally reach Ryu Sagat questioned himself about how pure his Muay Thai was, loved it

Plus have a pet tiger, best Sagat have a pet tiger

Who i ever thought could get bit of sci fi twist is Vega instead

Not the Shadaloo/SIN kind of clumsy futuristic cartoon scifi, but i can TOTALLY see Vega getting crazy at first slight sign of aging (kinda sure Vega reached his 30s)  and ask Illuminati to do on him some forever-young dna shit that would be invisible on the body or borderline invisible, like different eye color or paler skin or whatever

Vega is definitely one that would throw his humanity away if he can get eternal youth in return, plus would made him even more unstable mentally (and likely bit of power boost, that would keep him competitive despite not being obsessed on training/improve as some other fighters)  wich is awesome, let him become some sort of ultra narcisistic vampire (as not-aging gimmick, don't need to suck blood lol) who's obsess over some female fighters -Cammy of course- because he want to "save their beauty" and force them go through same process

They can even link it to Cannon Spike ugly Vega idea, hinting that years and years after current timeline (DON'T want it ingame) his body will reject the mutation and he's destined to become like that

Renzo-a-Go-Go on Twitter: "Shout out for drawing the Cannon Spike version  of Vega." / Twitter

Again, DON'T want it ingame, but the idea of Vega at some point realizing the experiment gone wrong and his beauty is destined to crumble may push it even more to become an extreme character

I would actually like see when (wich we know is a "when and not an "if") Bison return that he build again a 4 Heavenly Kings type of thing, but i want 3 completely new members

Sagat has evolved beyond that shit as character

Vega can take his own route

Rog has been made irrelevant as story clearly point he's on decline

Take 3 new characters, one for continent to symbolize Shadaloo (past or new) ambition to be a planet threat... not sure if intentional, but i liked that Bison replaced the asian King (Sagat) that left with a new asian one (Fang)

Do same shit, new Bison with 3 new kings, keep good old SF2 scheme: 1 very stronk right hand man, 1 speedy assassin type, 1 muscle powerhouse brute http://i.imgur.com/PYant9p.gif

7 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

But seriously Bison should hire 3 total new enforcers in SF7/8

I actually agree with this. Although I feel less strongly about Vega. I think in a twist of fate, Vega - who finds Bison utterly ugly - should be the only one who sticks around. Because they are both just as monstrous on the inside! 

Boxer, Sagat, and even FANG should move on. The lattermost should probably be killed by Phantom or Bison, or Phantom Bison?

Either way, if Bison were to ever re-emerge as a main villain again in 10-15 years, new Kings is the way to go, and none of that Saturday Morning Cartoon shit.

Edited by Daemos
41 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Renzo-a-Go-Go on Twitter: "Shout out for drawing the Cannon Spike version  of Vega." / Twitter

Again, DON'T want it ingame, but the idea of Vega at some point realizing the experiment gone wrong and his beauty is destined to crumble may push it even more to become an extreme character

Vega is too iconic to be ruined, the edgy version of pop culture characters are just destined to ALTERNATE COSTUMES not to be real character canon characters, that form wasn't even a fighting game characters.

The only one considerable is NASH because he died already and his mythos is all about being a dead revenger.

It's canon spike and not even a fighting game. I was asking for that as costume wayback but not to affect the character mythos.

Vega is another pop culture character that doesn't need to be vandalized, because of being too related to Chun li that made him an pop culture status quo. And the his character being narcistic with the mask and beauty is his personality.

Vega is another world warrior that is the opposite of Blanka, You can't radically change them to a opposite direction because they have a pop culture relevance in character and aesthetics unlike Zangief, Balrog, Guile and Honda.

Changing Vega into that in main story of SF is like the equivalent of  evolving Blanka to change into more normal looking human being in the next SF. 

xWyDifq.png

13 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Btw Kage already have a physical body, is called Ryu

And Kage was never a Ryu. Nor his physical body, Kage is more of like Rasetsumaru.

liuL6bi.png

Kage is an SNH manifestation that wants to take Ryu again because he is not Ryu, and he is not only targeting Ryu as a host but also tries to entice the likes of Sagat and Akuma.

Agree on clones, anything beyond Ken (who got exceptional moveset characterization in SFV, hope they go further with 6) can fuck off

It's a huge establish franchise, were in 2022 and Shoto aren't head swap anymore  and weren't gameplay clones as they used too like Dan and Sakura. 

Sakura and Dan are more exception in moveset than Ken.

It's like ignoring the Saiyan's the bunch in the Turtle Hermit School from Dragon Ball because of too many of them, So you don't turned them to fighting game character in a Dragon Ball fighting game because Goku and Vegeta is all you need.

It's all about finding a workaround on what are available and possible. instead of pretending they don't exist.

Only ideal future for Kage is to become irrelevant (would say disappear, but Ryu story shows that's not the way) and never be playable again, with a good middle finger to EvilRyu crowd edgy shit tastes

In a personal taste, it's edgy to say not to include a edgelord archetype in fighting games, because that's how you wanted and they deserve a middle finger but that's not how companies operate or approach things, that is not just Capcom.

They already tried to avoid and ignore it, they released Necali as a replacement and they latter followed up with Akuma but check the polls. People are still asking so they make it another version similar to the edgelord archetype protagonist that is more direct than Akuma or Necali.

Kage probably won't return but probably replace by another new version of SNH Ryu, SNH manifestation with a different name or just returning Evil Ryu. 

If they don't make it a costume, The worst could happen is that they make a costume but people would still ask for a separate character then they make another character.

Just like the disaster in Soul Calibur having multiple version of more alter-ego gimmick not just Soul Edge, Nightmare, Night Terror, Inferno and etc.

Because it's a regular archetype of a fighting game character regardless you like it or not, It's not a character that can be easily just omitted it would be replace or just returned as Evil Ryu which is worst. There is an appeal to an edgelord archetype in fighting games that's why it spawned many version not just in SF, even you ignore it. It's inevitable.

You don't ignore the problem, you faced and deal with it.

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

I actually agree with this. Although I feel less strongly about Vega. I think in a twist of fate, Vega - who finds Bison utterly ugly - should be the only one who sticks around. Because they are both just as monstrous on the inside! 

Boxer, Sagat, and even FANG should move on. The lattermost should probably be killed by Phantom or Bison, or Phantom Bison?

Either way, if Bison were to ever re-emerge as a main villain again in 10-15 years, new Kings is the way to go, and none of that Saturday Morning Cartoon shit.

Idk i ever just found natural that at some point Vega can get involved with Illuminati for that things i said, plus also simply proximity, being their HQ in the mediterranean area

Plus as said, seems to me only logical evolution of the character in a context where everybody is getting older and genetic manipulation gimmicks are pretty common thing... would feel strange see Vega just accept youth/beauty to vanish

Ever see Vega as some sort of free agent to some extent, like Sagat and Rog being more like big dogs with clear duties/routine while Vega being more the cat that live in the home but can go outside whenever he likes and follow his own instinct shit (ironical to think that the former two turned their back, so loyality wise they're the less canine lol)

About Phantom idk, personally hope that concept is dead with old SFV team tbh lol

But in case we have to keep it, yes, to some extent if well done could work well at replace to some extent Vega (speedy assassin) and Fang's (poison user) role

Add some badass/serious very powerful fighter to replace Sagat as right hand man, some total brute who like wreck shit for Rog and you got new family lol 😄

Good cycle to me would be

SF6 (early) not playable nor the main villain/Boss, Bison exist only as presence that try to take over Ed from inside and push him to do evil shit, as more evil -> more PP -> more easy for Bison to break resistance and use him as a new body

At some point in some way Ed get save/"exorcised" at last moment and that route for Bison it's over, no more PP bothering Ed or the NS crowd (and that's also where we can have them stay quietly out of future SF games)

SF6 (late) Bison somehow return having a body, maybe with some little design detail that make it different/unique but on general one that fit usual "Bison look".

He have nothing beside the reinfield like minion scientist (would accept either a very crippled Fang or Senoh) that helped him in that last resurrection and needs to build back his position

SF7 Bison pass build up the new org and find/hire the new 3 Kings, but again he's not the main villain. Random people like Rose get triggered about omg Shadaloo is returning and shit, but nothing substantial get done about it

SF8 The "Shadaloo II" (even if Bison would simply call it "Shadaloo" just like does'nt change name himself when get new body) can pose itself as main threat again i guess, but tbh to spice up things i would like the maximum threat in terms of fighting would NOT be Bison, kinda like in the SF2 Yasushi Baba manga, where Bison pit Ryu against the ultimate experiment of Shadaloo's labs and it's not even clear if Bison himself would be able to control/defeat it if he wanted

Don't need or wish to see the Asrafil character itself, but the dynamic of having Bison sit on the seats of the final arena instead be in the middle of it would make Shadaloo the main threat without people complain about Bison being AGAIN the final Boss

Eventhubs about SF1 still be like "makoto and restu similar style" 🤣 

Btw reality is 

Eagle - yes, actually see Eagle and Dudley respect each other would be awesome. Also need clash with Fei Long. Also as base use awesome CvS design pls, not boring SF1 nor shitty SFV Kiki version

Retsu- yes, interesting char wich would bring unique martial art and archetype (make him keep former monk gimmick), strong link with existing characters

Geki- no 

Joe- no, but would have been cool Luke being his son to have a link 

Mike- no 

Lee- no. True drunk style would be cool, but does'nt need Lee to happen 

Essentially whole SF1 debate is about the fact only Eagle and Retsu truly deserve it

1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

Lee- no. True drunk style would be cool, but does'nt need Lee to happen 

Lee is one of the missed opportunities and had potential

It's a famous fighting game archetype that should had been visited by SF.

And It would be an interesting additional variety to diversify the cast. The only thing that probably holding them of is some sort of ratings

Eventhubs about SF1 still be like "makoto and restu similar style"

Because they didn't bothered doing double checking because Retsu is one of the unpopular SF1 character.

Compare to Eagle that the design aged well and one of my favorites.

https://streetfighter.fandom.com/wiki/Retsu

http://www.pixlbit.com/feature/936/street_fighter_the_awol_files/page4

https://www.giantbomb.com/retsu/3005-4814/

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/retsu/4005-42714/

Edited by Shakunetsu

I don't always vibe with all of Max's tastes but for the most part I pretty much agree with those two videos. The only two things I don't agree with him on are him wanting to shelve Necro and Remy. Remy I think I can be salvaged even if I doubt Capcom or the majority of fans care enough to try, but Necro I think is incredibly underrated and deserves to come back and have an Oro-like surge in popularity. There's a lot Cacpom can do with him and Effie. Other than that though, can't really disagree with his other choices for and against returning for 6, even if I don't care for a lot of SF characters.

One thing I very much enjoyed though is his thoughts on Sean as well as his chats response to what Max was saying about him. I was watching the Twitch VoD that was the source of the two videos and it really made me smile to see his chat explode with tons of 'SEAN' posts when Max started talking about how there was one obvious choice for a SF3 returnee and that they knew who it was (and I'm assuming agreed with him).

It's genuinely been crazy to see that, in the last year or so, so many people are getting behind him too. I was watching a few roster wishlists/speculation videos not long after 6 got announced and a lot of them had Sean in there. Even one Justin Wong and Punk did had Sean in their most wanted tier!. As someone who actually used to get shit for wanting Sean back in the day, it's just been wild to see things start come around for him. Hopefully that turn-around happens with Capcom too and they bring back Sean for SF6.

22 minutes ago, Scotia said:

I don't always vibe with all of Max's tastes but for the most part I pretty much agree with those two videos. The only two things I don't agree with him on are him wanting to shelve Necro and Remy. Remy I think I can be salvaged even if I doubt Capcom or the majority of fans care enough to try, but Necro I think is incredibly underrated and deserves to come back and have an Oro-like surge in popularity. There's a lot Cacpom can do with him and Effie. Other than that though, can't really disagree with his other choices for and against returning for 6, even if I don't care for a lot of SF characters.

One thing I very much enjoyed though is his thoughts on Sean as well as his chats response to what Max was saying about him. I was watching the Twitch VoD that was the source of the two videos and it really made me smile to see his chat explode with tons of 'SEAN' posts when Max started talking about how there was one obvious choice for a SF3 returnee and that they knew who it was (and I'm assuming agreed with him).

It's genuinely been crazy to see that, in the last year or so, so many people are getting behind him too. I was watching a few roster wishlists/speculation videos not long after 6 got announced and a lot of them had Sean in there. Even one Justin Wong and Punk did had Sean in their most wanted tier!. As someone who actually used to get shit for wanting Sean back in the day, it's just been wild to see things start come around for him. Hopefully that turn-around happens with Capcom too and they bring back Sean for SF6.

The only reason I am on board the Sean bandwagon now is because I will take Sean - one of the OG "apprentice" characters- over shit like Ed, Luke, and Laura anyday of the week!

5 hours ago, Daemos said:

The only reason I am on board the Sean bandwagon now is because I will take Sean - one of the OG "apprentice" characters- over shit like Ed, Luke, and Laura anyday of the week!

Not sure why put Laura on same boat of Ed and Luke tbh

I don't think Ed and Luke sit on same boat either, but i can concede starting with the premise they somehow can fall in same category (even if with very different results)

But Laura?

They could have made her completely unrelated from Sean and she still would have worked as legit SF char

Laura is supposed to be the brazilian rep of Gracie Jiu Jistu in SF world (with Matsudas being the SF Gracies), actually she's even inspired on real martial arts personality (Kyra Gracie)

Philosophy wise she's "OG" SF concept as you can get, perfectly fit the same logic that gave us a thai Muay Thai rep, a chinese Kung Fu rep, a japanese Sumo rep etc etc

Beyond her surname as concept Laura sit on same boat of characters like -example- Dudley, Juri or Hakan

33 minutes ago, YagamiFire said:

Gonna agree that Laura is 110% an OG SF concept. She works really well as a character even if I'm not a huge fan

I didn't like the whole angle they introduced her from.

"The only rep of Brazil is a giant ugly green monster with electricity - Brazil is a beautiful country!"

Capcom: "We gotchu. We will introduce a beautiful young hot latina with exaggerated sex appeal to cover this other stereotype of Brazil. Oh and we'll make her wear green and randomly have electricity to remind you of what Brazilians are in SF."

She and Rashid felt like products of boardrooms rather than artists. All these "student" characters usually feel like boardroom characters because they aim to pander to younger audiences. It's a marketing ploy where fighters are seen as functions.

But fighters are not functions, they are characters with an ecosystem who people can grow attached to and grow up with.

Edited by Daemos

I didn't like the whole angle they introduced her from.

"The only rep of Brazil is a giant ugly green monster with electricity - Brazil is a beautiful country!"

Capcom: "We gotchu. We will introduce a beautiful young hot latina with exaggerated sex appeal to cover this other stereotype of Brazil. Oh and we'll make her wear green and randomly have electricity to remind you of what Brazilians are in SF."

And this is delicious SF, the fact to be non-offensive they doubled down and naive made her exagerated brazilian girl asstits stereotype is why i adore SF people, see to some extent they're still detached from the "we must be sensible" western imposed trend give me hopes for future of SF to stay someway loyal to SF roots lol

But tbh i'm not a fan of her standard look(to not count it got censored in clumsy way) and in my SFV copy i've set this as the standard

LauraRenderBattle.png

Wich is superior in many ways, even if i wish they keept her standard hair

IShe and Rashid felt like products of boardrooms rather than artists. All these "student" characters usually feel like boardroom characters because they aim to pander to younger audiences. It's a marketing ploy where fighters are seen as functions.

But fighters are not functions, they are characters with an ecosystem who people can grow attached to and grow up with.

You are correct on one thing, as both Laura and Rashid have been indeed claimed to be the result of collaboration (they call it help, i call it interference) of marketing people of respective world areas

But tbh i would wait before 100% believe these characters have been made by bunch of shitty external marketing people

Laura is indeed the result, the fact she still end up being SO offensive (and delicious) world stereotype tell me they basically developed the character design 99% themselves and then showed it to the silly external boring group

Capcom: this is Laura!

Brazil consultants: but she have her ass out

Capcom: ok ok we add a black leather layer to cover it! (very same thing they did later on Juri)

This clear last moment fix they did tell me making her the "consultants" did'nt been involved to the creative process, they've been simply told  to give their thumb up to the final result (to wich they said ok, if you cover that ass) so capcom could do the marketing stunt of say they care about sensibilities and hired experts about it lmao

But the ultimate result wich is?

That if you are martial arts fan you know that Brazil (Gracie family in particular) with brazilian jiu jitsu has been an incredible influence over the entire fighting competitions scene, and Laura finally (they could have done back to SF3 or SF4) pay homage to that

I don't want make it sounds a Sean-hating thing (i like him as character itself), but Laura is infinitely more precious than Sean in terms of build SF world.

Fanservice titties or not, she carry a whole relevant martial art and bring it to SF

After all she's even more deeply linked to Brazil than Blanka is, as -beside electric eel- the Blanka tarzan like gimmick could have worked in any other jungle of the world... in fact the very original anime char that gave them the idea (Gorilla Man from Tiger Mask) was a savage that was lost as a child in african jungle

Again, Laura is literally like Juri, Hakan or El Fuerte

Would say of the 4 vanilla SFV newcomers (and maybe of ALL SFV newcomers) she's the most pure SF concept we got

Execution has been bit mediocre and influenced, but this is another story

But pretend they've been designed for younger audience ignoring teh OG... how exactly?

I'm 38 and asstits hot brazilian girl with few clothes has been a stereotype i'm grown with my whole life

I've been combat sports fan my whole life and i can tell you Royce Gracie won the very first UFC tournament in 1993 (29 years ago), making Brazilian Jiu Jitsu a popular thing in MA world. And they has been super relevant force in MMA for 10-15 years after that, before rest of the world started build their style incorporating defence against BJJ

Laura is'nt even particular young, wich is the usual gimmick to get younger audience

Same for Rashid

Guy looks somewhere in his 25-30, and his whole design seems to dive into a cultural and anime imagery that speak more to OUR generation exotic view of arab world rather than modern kid perspective

Dude literally is an anime arabian prince with magic wind powers (with tech toys/parkour adding a modern twist), have a servant that seem jumped out from an Aladdin/Sinbad anime, and wear a fucking Dragon Ball Z power level scouter

Tell me again how Laura/Rashid were made for a younger audience, would say most of SFV newcomers were'nt designed for a younger audience tbh

Only characters i can think as clear attempt to get a younger target to me are

Menat - very good newcomer

Luke - good character who's supposed to -finally- bring american MMA imagery to SF, hated for a bunch of reasons, lot not even related to his quality as concept

Ed - good potential, very mediocre execution

Lucia - they twisted hard the original char to please younger taste, imho very forgettable result

So even these characters that have been specifically designed for that so hated younger audience, are'nt even bad by default, more like mixed results based on the quality of the character itself, would rank Menat and Luke (even if i wish he had more MMA and less punchpunch moveset) as some of the best new characters we got in SFV

On general i'm nostalgic and prefer old SF style, but would avoid take the "OG" stance by default as would blind my judgement about shit i get... being real, some of new stuff we got is pretty good and some of the old stuff we got was crap

Edited by CESTUS III
On 4/18/2022 at 8:19 AM, CESTUS III said:

But tbh i'm not a fan of her standard look(to not count it got censored in clumsy way) and in my SFV copy i've set this as the standard

LauraRenderBattle.png

Wich is superior in many ways, even if i wish they keept her standard hair

My preference would be her standard look's bottom combined with that alt's top and hair.

Edited by DarthEnderX
12 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

My preference would be her standard look's bottom combined with that alt's top and hair.

That could have been a good solution, would prefer it over the bland standard she got, would have been pretty Kyra too 😄

Create meme "Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu , kyra gracie, gina  carano)" - Pictures - Meme-arsenal.com

Personally i like the line of the alt because i find the baggy/heavy upper half with the light lower an original silhuette, plus i like how it sells to me the two souls of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu/submission grappling world wich is split into classic traditional gi and no-gi with tight fitting modern materials stuff

Spoiler

Beautiful Brazilian jiu jitsu women | Jiu jitsu women, Brazilian jiu jitsu  women, Martial arts womenBrazilian Jiu-Jitsu Match! Girls Grappling No-Gi • Women Wrestling BJJ MMA  Female - YouTube | Women's wrestling, Brazilian jiu jitsu, Jiu jitsu

And of course like it wink at Kyra's sexy gimmick of have bunch of pics with only either upper or lower piece of the gi

I also think it does the ass-tits fanservice in more functional way, like she got boobs out because open gi/Kyra reference (and on reality it's not so uncommon girls during a grappling match can end up with open upper and exposed bra) and ass is there thanks to modern grappling booty shorts.

By comparision her standard seems just to try hard do the same without much design logic... like they gave her normal gi pants, then made a random window for the ass, then they got last minute censored into patch it with black texture lol

Last but not least i like battle alt remind me this Kyra pic 😄

https://i.ibb.co/hcCs4jh/kyra-gracie-2.jpg

13 hours ago, Daemos said:

Don't you have a Shadaloo emblem tattooed? Does she know who she married? How are you going to decide on whether you want to raise your kids evil or very evil

Love is a compromise 😄

We do, however, agree that Raul Julia's M. Bison is the finest character portrayal in film history

EDIT:

Also my undying loyalty is to NESTs 😉

Edited by YagamiFire

@Daemosthis article

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2022/apr/23/mbison-design-30year-change/

Made me think about how his next incarnation will be, and if we will see him sport blond-blue eyes at some point like his designed replacement bodies (Cammy, Abel, Ed, Falke)... higher genetical compatibility may be used as way to explain the last incarnation to be more powerfulthan previous ones

Guess will be also chance to be bit more bold with costume redesign, his SFV Battle alt had some weak parts but could have been big step in right direction, had also lot of good stuff going on

A lot of support for SF6 Bison in the comments. ❤️

As much as I would enjoy flirting with "Female Bison" or "Blonde Clone Bison", it just won't be the same if it were the default. He's not like Seth where he is fresh enough and not solidified enough to take these giant leaps with their default design. Besides, it would take away from so many other characters that have "Bison-inspired" alt costumes (Cammy, Juri, Ed, Birdie, Seth, etc.).

I think Bison's SF5 default is peak Bison in the series. I am looking forward to seeing how they could possibly top that. I'm also hoping he maintains the white hair but he won't if it was caused by clone body aging than by his PP.

One thing I would like to see explored is the return of the cape but styled like the SF2V series (front cover, asymmetrical) instead of SF2AM.

DtoFhmTUcAArL_3.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Perhaps combine the cape with the long coat of SF5. It's a lot of fabric, but he can pull it off. Or take it off with a special input!

Edited by Daemos

If Bison doesn't come back in Ed's body then I literally fail to see the point of why the latter was even introduced. Regular Bison can always be a costume, but if you're going to bring the guy back so soon (ugh) then at least make his return a little bit special/different. 

Early sketch of Mika by AKIMAN, where she still had no mask, wore a cape "with Toshiba-level bright decorative lighting", and had "Orange Road hair". That's a reference to the manga Kimagure Orange Road by Izumi Matsumoto (RIP), whose deuteragonist Madoka Ayukawa sported those hair. The "bouncy and voluptuous body" definitely remained, though.

I hope they bring back the light up cape for SF6, when Mika should already be a superstar.

Madoka Ayukawa, courtesy of Ryoredcyclone:

1 hour ago, Scotia said:

If Bison doesn't come back in Ed's body then I literally fail to see the point of why the latter was even introduced. Regular Bison can always be a costume, but if you're going to bring the guy back so soon (ugh) then at least make his return a little bit special/different. 

A caterpillar is but a stepping stone to becoming a butterfly. Ed can become Bison in his ending for a few frames of artwork if that is the direction we are going, then they release Bison DLC which takes place months after. No need to soil our eyes with a gameplay aberration of Ed-Bison, or some crappy knock-off smile.

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

A caterpillar is but a stepping stone to becoming a butterfly. Ed can become Bison in his ending for a few frames of artwork if that is the direction we are going, then they release Bison DLC which takes place months after. No need to soil our eyes with a gameplay aberration of Ed-Bison, or some crappy knock-off smile.

Embrace it

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Scotia said:

Tbh if Ono was still in charge of SF6 i would have no doubts, but considering they're whole new team they may chose to ignore the whole Neo Shadaloo thing, would not be THAT surprised given SF history of new teams ignoring previous team work

2 hours ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

Early sketch of Mika by AKIMAN, where she still had no mask, wore a cape "with Toshiba-level bright decorative lighting", and had "Orange Road hair". That's a reference to the manga Kimagure Orange Road by Izumi Matsumoto (RIP), whose deuteragonist Madoka Ayukawa sported those hair. The "bouncy and voluptuous body" definitely remained, though.

I hope they bring back the light up cape for SF6, when Mika should already be a superstar.

Hi dude, long time no see 😄

Orange Road here in Italy (with the embarassing name "è quasi magia Jhonny" lol) was bit a classic when i was kid

Wonder when they chosen to change her hair from long black Madoka style to blond Sailor Moon haicut we end up with, almost wish they keept the original... but must admit blond/pigtails for her stand out more and make pretty recognizable silhuette

Btw there was a SFV sketch of Mika wearing some kind of silk long dressing gown

https://i.ibb.co/ckC9Qtt/rmika.png

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

It doesn't even need to and it's not something necessary

Because Shadaloo had been always trying many alternative ways and other plans to Bison's Body.  That's why there is Ryu, Seth, Cammy and Ed which explains that Shadaloo is constantly and continuously keep finding new multiple ways for Bison, not just one focus and centered project like Ed.

Ryu was the first abandoned project and so does Cammy because they find a better one.

26 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Tbh if Ono was still in charge of SF6 i would have no doubts, but considering they're whole new team they may chose to ignore the whole Neo Shadaloo thing, would not be THAT surprised given SF history of new teams ignoring previous team work

Based off some of his previous tweets, Neo-Shadaloo seems more like a Nakayama thing if anything. I think the only reason they dropped them late into SF5's life is because they pretty much wrote themselves into a corner by having the last shot of Ed's character story take place the same time as SF3, so they couldn't really explore them more without delving into that era of the timeline which I don't blame them for mostly staying away from. SF5's timeline is confusing as it is without going deeper into SF3.

Of course I could end up being wrong but imo I think Neo-Shadaloo (and moreso Ed) will continue to be a thing in SF6.

Edited by Scotia
1 hour ago, Scotia said:

Of course I could end up being wrong but imo I think Neo-Shadaloo (and moreso Ed) will continue to be a thing in SF6.

Neo-Shadaloo is bound to exist because the current narrative is that they had been distributed by Bison traits and that could be probably the new shadaloo goal to build the previous Bison or a much better Bison(Doubled than previous) @Daemosusing them while Bison is in some form of Psycho Drive like Limbo.

They/Neo-Shadaloo are probably be taken one by one either by FANG or by Bison himself using some kind of a construct body, either mechanical or someone *willing* or even something. Consciousness transference is a Bison thing lately. 

I don't think it would be necessary to kill them, Despite Falke's negative character design among certain nich, She had much appeal to those that play the game constantly unlike ED. It's unlikely that they replace Falke with ED or make Falke's gameplay into Ed. It's likely that ED would be shelve in the future than Falke, Falke is more likely to return as Neo Shadaloo rep in the future because of being played.

Kinda like Ash harvesting the Sacred Treasure infused to them. That's the direction I see them because Capcom new head continuously elaborate it being scattered  in 2022 rather than not paying attention about it or having a new narrative that it's just on a singular individual.

Just like the Black Moon and the pieces

Ogqg0qP.png 

Edited by Shakunetsu

Orange Road here in Italy (with the embarassing name "è quasi magia Jhonny" lol) was bit a classic when i was kid

Johnny

È quasi magia
Johnny
Riprova di nuovo
Johnny
E come sempre riuscirai

*sax like there's no tomorrow*

Wonder when they chosen to change her hair from long black Madoka style to blond Sailor Moon haicut we end up with, almost wish they keept the original... but must admit blond/pigtails for her stand out more and make pretty recognizable silhuette

I would've chosen Madoka's hair as well, but surely pigtails stand out far more.
In How to make Capcom fighting characters, AKIMAN also tells how Mika's palette came from Last Bronx's Lisa Kusanami, and her mask (and the breast hearts, I'd add...) from Ai Kaminari, aka Yattaman 2:

Btw there was a SFV sketch of Mika wearing some kind of silk long dressing gown

https://i.ibb.co/ckC9Qtt/rmika.png

How to make Capcom fighting characters, page 72. That's an idea they had about her in "serious mode" as a member of a stable of faces (正統派 seitōha "orthodox" is the old Japanese pro wrestling term for "babyfaces"; remember when in Fatal Fury 2's flyer they translated Big Bear as practicing "orthodox" wrestling? They actually meant that he's a FACE when using his Big Bear persona, AND that he fights using "classic" pro wrestling moves from the Sixties/Eighties).

14001805.jpg

Johnny

È quasi magia
Johnny
Riprova di nuovo
Johnny
E come sempre riuscirai

*sax like there's no tomorrow*

Damn dude, that caught me totally with low guard 🤣👍

I would've chosen Madoka's hair as well, but surely pigtails stand out far more.

In How to make Capcom fighting characters, AKIMAN also tells how Mika's palette came from Last Bronx's Lisa Kusanami, and her mask (and the breast hearts, I'd add...) from Ai Kaminari, aka Yattaman 2:

Last Bronx feels huge jump in the past, wonder if some more Capcom inspirations came from there

May be wrong but ever thought Shiba from Cannon Spike comes (beside the Siva thing) from Last Bronx Red Eye

attachFull919773Cannon Spike screenshots, images and pictures - Giant Bomb

Remember back when SFV Lucia was released also wondered if LB Yoko played any role in her redesign, maybe some maybe not lol

Spoiler

yoko-lastbronx-concept-artwork.pngStreet Fighter V/Lucia - SuperCombo Wiki

How to make Capcom fighting characters, page 72. That's an idea they had about her in "serious mode" as a member of a stable of faces (正統派 seitōha "orthodox" is the old Japanese pro wrestling term for "babyfaces"; remember when in Fatal Fury 2's flyer they translated Big Bear as practicing "orthodox" wrestling? They actually meant that he's a FACE when using his Big Bear persona, AND that he fights using "classic" pro wrestling moves from the Sixties/Eighties).

Strange thing is that Big Bear still had a spitting fire attack 😄

Is awesome to think that Big Bear also had the more vicious heel version as Raiden (wich had also a poison/liquid(?) spitting attack) and that in SFV Capcom some decades after replied with The Gief alt that aside look very similar(Wild Ambition version with mask+beard) have specific win quotes on Sim and Fang where mention spitting poison/fire as heel move lol

I think with the poison may refer to Slam Masters fat Jumbo guy (he mention also other SM characters), but  on the fire i think was a wink at his role of "Raiden counterpart" too

"Spitting fire isn't a yoga move. It's a move reserved for heels!" - The Gief

Maybe Gief is implying also Big Bear is an heel too? 😄

Edited by CESTUS III
12 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

I don't think it would be necessary to kill them, Despite Falke's negative character design among certain nich, She had much appeal to those that play the game constantly unlike ED. It's unlikely that they replace Falke with ED or make Falke's gameplay into Ed. It's likely that ED would be shelve in the future than Falke, Falke is more likely to return as Neo Shadaloo rep in the future because of being played.

I think the Udon comics had something like this to bring back Bison in their timeline. The story went that Bison separated his essence into 12 parts and placed 1 in each of the Dolls. FANG kidnapped them all and transferred each of the fragments into a new body and voila, MASTER BISON IS BACK! And not only did he look ever bit like himself, but it was completely PG-13. No Dolls were hurt in the making of this body.

But it would be for the best if we kill Ed. Seriously... Let's just do it and see what happens. No one will even notice... It's not like he's gonna come back as...

Spoiler

Twelve like you know who!!!!!

Edited by Daemos
2 hours ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

Thoughts?

I've always liked the idea of Blanka in a suit, it's fun.  I think both models look real good. In general, despite not playing it, I love how Fortnite does the Marvel characters, I'd love games where they looked closer to that style instead of chasing realism all the time. I think of the SF cast, only Guile has looked gnarly to me. Ryu looked a bit different, but still okay.