Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

1 minute ago, Hawkingbird said:

I'm hoping she becomes DLC down the line. 

How old does she look in this?

I've watched the trailer so many times, but I can't come to get an idea of how old she looks.  She's def aged up quite a bit since SFV. I htink she was abotu 6-7 years old in SFV. And she looks like she's already a teenager in SF6. (Maybe on the lower side, like 13-15?)

I know teenaged playable characters is def possible: (Sakura and Karin in Alpha / Ibuki and Sakura in SF4 / Akira and Ibuki in SF5). So it's within the realm of possibility. Plus, she looks more rendered and detailed than most other NPCs, so at worse, she's an important story mode character, and at best, a future DLC playable character.

Just now, Chun-Li_Forever said:

I've watched the trailer so many times, but I can't come to get an idea of how old she looks.  She's def aged up quite a bit since SFV. I htink she was abotu 6-7 years old in SFV. And she looks like she's already a teenager in SF6. (Maybe on the lower side, like 13-15?)

I know teenaged playable characters is def possible: (Sakura and Karin in Alpha / Ibuki and Sakura in SF4 / Akira and Ibuki in SF5). So it's within the realm of possibility. Plus, she looks more rendered and detailed than most other NPCs, so at worse, she's an important story mode character, and at best, a future DLC playable character.

I'm leaning on her being 14. While an obvious teenager she's still quite short. I would think that would be the minimum age for her being playable given how old the other teenage characters were. 

I want to see her fight and make Chun proud.

38 minutes ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

I think at this point Li Fen and maybe DamnD are kinda safest bets, if we want guess who have decent chances next

Also guess Li Fen may have been postponed as DLC shit because standard cast already have Chun Li, Jamie (what fuck of a name lol) and A.K.I./Phantom as chinese characters that do Kung Fu, plus Li Fen's style will likely be based directly on Chun's style, wich would make her even more redundant

Personally i pray she does'nt take a slot, but i think she will at some point

5 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Also guess Li Fen may have been postponed as DLC shit because standard cast already have Chun Li, Jamie (what fuck of a name lol) and A.K.I./Phantom as chinese characters that do Kung Fu, plus Li Fen's style will likely be based directly on Chun's style, wich would make her even more redundant

Personally i pray she does'nt take a slot, but i think she will at some point

You do have a point. We've already got 2 Chinese characters (Jamie being from Hong Kong, according to the leak), and AKI also probably will be a Chinese character too. I do know the two countries Capcom loves to have represent Street Fighter characters are the US and Japan. So already having 3 Chinese characters for what looks like to be the initial roster seems to be pushing that envelope a little. 

I think if Li-Fen were to be a playable character (whether it be in SF6 or beyond), I think Capcom will take the Ryu/Sakura approach: Both are fundamentally the same characters, but play a little different. Chun-Li now having a stance button, and having her be more of a techincal character in the past, will be the more challenging character to play, while Li-Fen will have similar moves, but much more simpler inputs and commands.

OR

Li-Fen could be an assist character that drop kicks fools to assist Chun-Li in battle before retreating outta there.

52 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I'm leaning on her being 14. While an obvious teenager she's still quite short. I would think that would be the minimum age for her being playable given how old the other teenage characters were. 

I want to see her fight and make Chun proud.

Oh man, I can think of multiple story ideas for something like that that could happen in World Tour mode! We've seen her study with Chun since she got adopted. And we've seen how much Chun enjoys teaching her.

How awesome and proud she would feel seeing her longtime student mastering her teachings?!

Oh, and speaking of Story stuff.

Hey guys there are circulating speculations and rumor about Ken's black band on him

People thought it might be SEAN and Sean might had died that cause him to go like that

What are your thoughts and opinions?

KSvj73r.png

Just now, Shakunetsu said:

Ryu on the other hand is wearing Oro like cloak

PU0uJin.png

Edited by Shakunetsu
32 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

Pretty sure that's just his own Black Belt, since he's not wearing it around his waist atm.

1 hour ago, YagamiFire said:

If Ken is on a hunt for Sean who was potentially kidnapped or something and he's all rough around the edges because he's driven to find and help the young fighter he's been training, that could actually be awesome.

Hoping you guys are right, you know I always oppose character death in a franchise. they should just retire characters and spend different goals instead of killing them.

18 minutes ago, Daemos said:

This game is sorely lacking some villainy.  Thank god for Juri and AKI otherwise we'll be stuck with Evilest Ryu and Discount Rasputin for at least 1-2 years.

Are we sure that what we seen is whole launch cast?

Trailer insistence on DamnD make me think we're not seeing whole figure, and sure af DamnD may be the henchman of some new MGG Boss, but not the Boss himself

Btw back to SFV we had to wait only few months for season 1

I think some predicted an initial 25 character roster with 8 newcomers, so there might be a few to be revealed/decided yet.

Given the apparent weight of the world tour/story mode there might also be non-playable villains just for that mode (Damnd?).

2 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Are we sure that what we seen is whole launch cast?

There are a lot of sussy MIAs right now. Usually the base roster leans into the lore but unless the loose ends from SF5 and SF3 are being discarded, these questions should be answered in year 1.

Where is Illuminati reps like Gill, Urien, Necro, Kolin, Twelve? 

Where is Viper?

Where is Rose?

Where is Alex?

Where is Q? G?

Vega? Balrog? Sagat? Where are they now?

15 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Imagine believing that Capcom won't find some elaborate bullshit to bring Evil Ryu back as DLC even after Ryu left behind the Satsui no Hado for the fifteenth time.

Evil Ryu is dead. That doesn't preclude Capcom for introducing a new character that plays just like him. It's the oldest trick in the fighting game book. 

Just now, Darc_Requiem said:

Evil Ryu is dead. That doesn't preclude Capcom for introducing a new character that plays just like him. It's the oldest trick in the fighting game book. 

Except characters are not functions. People who buy Capcom fighters are very strict about this IMO. People want Evil Ryu literally. I think Capcom can get away with the character being a pure what if scenario like Oni again in S4 or S5.

33 minutes ago, mikros said:

I think some predicted an initial 25 character roster with 8 newcomers, so there might be a few to be revealed/decided yet.

Given the apparent weight of the world tour/story mode there might also be non-playable villains just for that mode (Damnd?).

Unless JP is new Boss, nobody seems to fit Boss rules as we speak... specially not for new protagonist Luke (Ryu will get finally his clash with Akuma i guess, but that's going to be side-story)

If the 25 number people keep make is true, guess they can still have to show Boss + couple of sub bosses (Dan D may fall there?)

9 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Max seems to think all the leaked characters won't be in the base roster. He thinks a few of them will be first wave DLC

Max say lot of things everytime though

Personally i think/hope SF6 team is trying hard to change perspective people have of SF bad habits and small start cast may be one, i can see them start with bigger than usual  cast

Plus none of newcomers (and very few of returning ones) seems the kind they would use to hype up a DLC season

Guess early wave of DLC will be the really popular ones

Plus there's the clear intentional absence of SF3 and FF, think these two worlds have been saved for DLC

24 minutes ago, Daemos said:

There are a lot of sussy MIAs right now. Usually the base roster leans into the lore but unless the loose ends from SF5 and SF3 are being discarded, these questions should be answered in year 1.

Where is Illuminati reps like Gill, Urien, Necro, Kolin, Twelve? 

Where is Viper?

Where is Rose?

Where is Alex?

Where is Q? G?

Vega? Balrog? Sagat? Where are they now?

Yeah, i just replied to something similar, my super simple 2cents is that the holes are intentional to support DLC thirst

Would not be surprised to see somebody between Alex, Menat, motherfuckingSAGATthatshouldhavebeeenbasecast, Makoto, Fei Long, Cody, Dudley, sakura etc etc do it in Season 1 at launch or few months after

Safe bet guess is we will get most of rest of SF2, we will get coolest from SF3, we will get some FF or maybe even more than usual (given central role of Metro City), we will get popular ones that where well received in SFV

Actually i appreciated they sneaked in base cast characters like Honda, because as DLC may have not done it

Base cast is bit different game, they can focus bit more about cast-building/variety and not about wich character pick will suck most the audience dick winning dollars

Base cast suit well "humble" characters that are there accepting to be side-figures that help variety, wich is why i nice see strong SF2 presence on launch

Who remember people bitching to no end because Season 2 (?) was full of newcomers? I do

People seems to think base cast is up to capcom but DLC characters MUST listen "teh people"

If one is, example, a Menat fan i guess can stay optimist even if their char does'nt do it into launch cast

Edited by CESTUS III
23 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

And they are stupid for it.

Sorry, but I'm not gonna judge them for it. The inflated sales of characters like Evil Ryu allow Capcom to take risks with other designs that may not sell as well on their own, but can be rationalized if paired with a Shoto - which whether we like it or not are very popular. Count your blessings.

This is also one of the best themes to come out of SF on this side of the millennium:

1 minute ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

I have seen a lot of people did claim that they don't really care about the story and it is something they don't take seriously in a fighting game

they usually play that card.

but wait down until it hit's the particular timeline or character they like they start talking about it all over the internet haha

5 hours ago, mikros said:

Apparently that guy who said 24 chars with Rose in the base was just assuming the italian character leaked was Rose. And his justification for 24 was because SF4 console version launched with that many characters, so he was clearly taking other legit leaks and making stuff up adding to it.

6 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Kage is very much not dead though.  Ryu simply released him.

He is only dead to the same extent that Bison is dead.  i.e. dead until he can find a new body.

How ok are you people with Chun's new design ?  

I heard a lot of drama regarding her face / proportions.  

I think the model needs a bit more changes but overall not bad, i kinda like it that they actually made her look more asian.

6 minutes ago, Skort said:

I think the model needs a bit more changes but overall not bad, i kinda like it that they actually made her look more asian.

The big feet are gone, so it makes her thighs seem even more out of balance. I think she needs more muscle definition, tone her up like she was in SFV

3 minutes ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

11 minutes ago, Skort said:

I'm not Chinese, but for someone that is an Asian that had worked in-person with lots of mainlanders and immigrants.

I'm okay with Chun's face structure because it's more Chinese in facial features ad more distinctly a beautiful Chinese. While the rest in FG trying to be a Chinese Fighter is more Anime like. 

while the MVCI was really out of place. it's not ugly but it doesn't feel right and looks more like a kristine kreuk wannabe 

24 minutes ago, Skort said:

She's ok, but  they need to make her lift some weights, the Chun Li i know have thicker, more ripped arms

Would probaby also buff slighty, VERY SLIGHTY, neck and shoulders

Her concept ever been to be a beautiful flower but made of iron, she should look graceful but not delicate or weak

Beside that again she's ok, will still set her classic outfit as soon i can though, specially considering watching Cammy they seem to be great at recreate old costumes