Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

1 hour ago, ShockDingo said:

On the subject of supers with what we've seen officially and in the leaks, I'm really excited to see what everyone's moves look like this time around.

SF6 Supers art direction quality  is incredible, and we got 3 of them for each char, crazy

1 hour ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

Too bad only real life result of this is that 70% of online fights will be with retards pushing 2342 directions and his character will look like he's having  an epileptic seizure and only ruin the aesthetic of the game

Said that the intro where the fighters walk toward the arena is the truly awesome addition, add LOT of atmosphere

11 minutes ago, Daemos said:

S'okay. The 2D drawing is better than the 3D model. SF5 is PEAK Chun-Li right now.

She went from being the beautiful Chun-Li to the Beautiful Generic Chinese Lady That Could Be From Any Next-Gen 3D Fighter.

tbh given the unavoidable premise of the art style they chosen, Chun looks good

She needs some extra cm on neck, biceps and forearms, but overall they made up a pretty solid base to work on

The scene where she does sparring with Li Fen is perfect

Great in some angles, worse in some others, but i'm kinda confident she'll look even better by the time game is ready

Ryu face structure under the shitbeard is good

Luke improved a lot since SFV incarnation

Cammy for the little i seen seem more herself than she was in SFV

Never asked for this greater realism bullshit (let alone the whole urban style), but i'll be intellectually dishonest if i don't admit they're putting lot of effort to keep the soul of SF alive despite all the marketing crap

I can recognize the tremendous effort they are putting in. I can see and acknowledge that something or even someone looks great and beautiful. But that doesn't make them my type, or attractive.

The realism is too loud for me right now and is simply not what I expect or look for in a Street Fighter game. Even if the proportions are still very much SF, the way the particle effects, lighting, reflective surfaces, sweat, and smoke move is too jarring for me and takes me out of the immersive SF experience. I am not being a hater but this looks in line with the most recent MK and Tekken games to me. 

I would be dishonest if I said that in the direct comparison made in Desk's video I didn't think SF5 looked better and more authentic in everyway. Even though technologically, SF6 is clearly far more advanced and complex.

Which brings me to - SF5 Chun-Li actually looks like our lady and queen: Chun-Li.

If the Gold Standard that we should be striving for in artstyle/proportions is the SF2AM then we have veered way off course with SF6, and SF5 may have been our last chance to get close to that animation style. Especially if SF6 proves supremely successful, which I of course hope it is.

Edited by Daemos
44 minutes ago, Daemos said:

I can recognize the tremendous effort they are putting in. I can see and acknowledge that something or even someone looks great and beautiful. But that doesn't make them my type, or attractive.

The realism is too loud for me right now and is simply not what I expect or look for in a Street Fighter game.

That's exactly what i mean when i write you "given the unavoidable premise of the art style they chosen"

Did'nt asked you if you wanted a dog or a cat

Marketing team Capcom chosen they will do SF6 as a cat, and there's no turning back from that regardless if you or i wanted a dog instead

When this premise is accepted, only question left is if SF fans will get the best cat possible that try to respect as much as possible shit they liked, wich seem may be the case

53 minutes ago, Skort said:

@CESTUS III  

Best i could do so far with my average photoshop skills.   There's a lot of beard so it's kinda tough  ( at least for )  me to recreate the face skin. 

RYU-SF6.jpg

gave it 5 min try, guess roughly this is what we will get (click on it to see correct proportions)

sf6ry

Given the current style i think it's good as you can get, feels just like Ryu would look with this level of stylization

23 hours ago, Daemos said:

Sorry, but I'm not gonna judge them for it.

I am because 9 times out of 10 they are the same jackasses bitching about too many shotos being in the game. Oni belongs in the trash bin too but even he is a larger departure than Evil Ryu. You have narratively worthless character with a limited berth from a gameplay stand point. He's got to be close to Ryu but not quite Akuma. It's the like the Camaro vs. the Mustang. Ford has no Corvette so the Mustang has free reign on performance variants. The Camaro performance models always have to be mindful of the Corvette. Even if it gets the same engine it doesn't quite have the same output.

6 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

Slight improvements. The lighting certainly helps see that.

I LOVE Chun-Li's SG6 model. Her profile pic in this looks great, love how they make her look more Asian than previous games, but she still looks and feels like Chun-Li. 

I can also assume that her in-game model will have some minor alterations as well. But yeah, this is looking good.

Playing SFV for what will be 6 straight years, I'm still attached to her SFV model, because damn, that was a GOAT model compared to everyone in the cast. But I'm very confident that SF6 is going to give me that same attachment too. Loving it already.

At this point with SF6 we will know what really the current team is up to and prioritize.

This is the right time you can gauge them and the future sequels that would be under there management

Always keep on mind the corporate $$$ trumps any dislike and also corporate pride & priority trumps $$$

And also recent claims can change because of $$$ like even if they said they won't do that, It might change later because of $$$.

Remember Final Fight characters wasn't supposed to be in SFV in the initial interviews.

1.) There is no benefit on continue with dismissing Sean as a playable fighter

- SF4 made all SF3 characters close to SFA characters as for the age while in SFV Sean is purposely separated and made preteen. lol

2.) If they will put Rollback Netcode

3.) In what form an edge lord archetype they would bring?

-Violent Ken?

-Evil Ryu Again

-Kage

-Or another different version of reinvented character that will be a SNH manifestation(just like Kage). Something equivalent to Night Terror to Nightmare in SC.

-Made it a costume

-Made it a mode

-Ignore it

Depending on how they choose on this one you will clearly see how this will handle future version of that archetype.

4.) Character Deaths?

5.) The role and status quo of iconic SF3 protagonist in SF6

6.) The line up of their SF3 DLC

7.) Main antagonist

- Necali was almost the Akuma filler roles of SFV but they bring back Akuma in S1 as the first DLC because of the negative publicity of SFV vanila 

- G was almost the supposed main antagonist of SFV

8.) Guest Characters

- Guest Characters Internal

- Guest Characters External

So far what we can confirm

1) They are into simplified controls - they even named it "modern"

2) They are willing to re-design and change things from the traditional logo and iconic designs of the character

3) They are good will using spectacle 

4) They are less into cartoony 

5) No goofiness like Ono

6) They had majority of WW as the initial roster opposite of SFV

7) No SF3 and Alpha rep in initial roster opposite of SFV

8 Diverse Nationality Rep 

9) Willing to move forward timeline

10) Open World AKA SF playstation home

11) Promising Hubs

12) Focus Attack 2.0 and Parry 2.0

13) No comeback mechanics

12 minutes ago, mykka said:

I wonder if everyone will have a direct rival in this game?

too soon to guess imho

If tag team was an actual thing would have said, yes, probably everybody have a specific rival/friend... just like SF X TK made up some character connections to support the "team" idea

But as we speak it may be just usual shit, where every character have a bunch of relaationships more or less relevant with rest of the cast

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I am because 9 times out of 10 they are the same jackasses bitching about too many shotos being in the game. Oni belongs in the trash bin too but even he is a larger departure than Evil Ryu. You have narratively worthless character with a limited berth from a gameplay stand point. He's got to be close to Ryu but not quite Akuma. It's the like the Camaro vs. the Mustang. Ford has no Corvette so the Mustang has free reign on performance variants. The Camaro performance models always have to be mindful of the Corvette. Even if it gets the same engine it doesn't quite have the same output.

The disrespect 😥

ford-gt-review-01.jpg

I know it's just an artwork but Manon have kinda strange design, also if even just for variety i really doubt Capcom would do the pink haired char a trap AGAIN, but still strange vibes

But curious fact, original dropped concept of Abel was a french judoka boy who looked like a girl

Again, almost surely it's a girl, just dropping the theory here

Edited by CESTUS III
14 hours ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

天 Fighters Generation on Twitter: "🔥 Street Fighter 6 character concept  art leak. Who's your main? #streetfighter6 #fgc https://t.co/gDfJfyrz6D" /  Twitter

Not sure if anyone caught this. But Manon's (the french female fighter/Female Abel) name is a diminutive of the name Marie. Its French origin that means Of The Sea Or Bitter. (Take name meanings with a grain of salt)

Thought it was worth noting since she (aside from AKI) has a name that's a little more uncommon.

Sorry, but where did "Manon" come from? The French fighter is called "MIMI" here, and nothing else.

1 hour ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

Sorry, but where did "Manon" come from? The French fighter is called "MIMI" here, and nothing else.

I don't remember where came out first time (i think it was a leak), but iirc if you watch the Ken clip on the left you can see some slots with characters face + name and there her name seems to be Manon or Menon (shit quality, hard to read) 

Maybe Mimi is some sort of short nickname while Manon is the official one?

edit, here

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/591362895338536961/982350119573790770/unknown.png

Edited by CESTUS III
1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

I don't remember where came out first time (i think it was a leak), but iirc if you watch the Ken clip on the left you can see some slots with characters face + name and there her name seems to be Manon or Menon (shit quality, hard to read) 

Maybe Mimi is some sort of short nickname while Manon is the official one?

That, or Mimi was her preliminary name until they found out that in French mimi means "cat", "little" and so on, but also "PUSSY" (exactly as in English, from "cat" to the female genitalia)... So they renamed her Manon. Just a theory...
Anyway, if her definitive name is Manon, they sure didn't have to search too far away to find it. Manon is also the (French) stage name of a young French/Japanese idol... With a suspiciously similar pink haircut to our French fighter here.

https://asobisystem.com/talent/manon/

ALSO, there was an entire "fake French" fashion brand catered to wannabe idols named MANON MIMIE around 2018, LOL. Capcom, you lazy rapscallions...

https://sgs109.com/n/5308/d/

Edited by Miðgarðsorm
2 hours ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

That, or Mimi was her preliminary name until they found out that in French mimi means "cat", "little" and so on, but also "PUSSY" (exactly as in English, from "cat" to the female genitalia)... So they renamed her Manon. Just a theory...
Anyway, if her definitive name is Manon, they sure didn't have to search too far away to find it. Manon is also the (French) stage name of a young French/Japanese idol... With a suspiciously similar pink haircut to our French fighter here.

https://asobisystem.com/talent/manon/

ALSO, there was an entire "fake French" fashion brand catered to wannabe idols named MANON MIMIE around 2018, LOL. Capcom, you lazy rapscallions...

https://sgs109.com/n/5308/d/

Cool find, guess that make sense lol

Btw whatever is the reason i'm glad they gone for something bit more complex, we already have Lily with double syllable sound

New names on general suck a bit lol, some have weird sound to me

Luke - ok, generic af but fit 100% the concept, good one
Marisa - can't shake it's a fat zia pugliese name (with legendary panzerotti skills rather than elite world-level submission grappling), but yeah guess at least 100% italian
Jamie - given he's from HK guess it's ok he have weird english first name, but would have liked it in combo with chinese surname. "Jamie" alone feels weird af lol
Manon- ok
JP - not this single letters "mysterious" shit again. Wish we just got some rich sound russian name to roll with the design
Lily - not sure feels super mexican, specially since her theme feels very tied to traditional/cultural roots
Kimberly - ok, feels bit random female american name, but can work
A.K.I. - ok solid one considering it's supposed to be given by F.A.N.G.

55 minutes ago, YagamiFire said:

Regarding Jamie, it's extremely common for folks from Hong Kong to have English names. Source: Hong Kong sister-in-law

Yeah, that's why i said "given he's from HK guess it's ok he have weird english first name", but still would have prefered have it in combo with local surname to keep it exotic sound lol, like Jamie Chan, Jamie Cheung (i'm straight picking popular HK surnames) or some similar shit 😀

31 minutes ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

I fear they just went for Peter Pan's Tiger Lily...

Omg you're right 🤣

What kind of new character would you guys like to see introduced in SF6 in future season passes? If we get another pass made up of entirely new characters like SFV's season 2 I would like to see

A Dambe boxer - African martial arts is hugely underrepresented in fighting games. I watch this a year ago this style of boxing would make for a pretty unique character. I imagine a character with this style being an defensive wall

Kali - This would fill few niches. Getting a Filipino character, and a weapon user (escrima sticks or knife). If we can't get Eagle back then create a character who can fill the spot

Yakuza - It surprises me how lacking fighting games are of these guys when they make for some great stock baddies. Yamazaki from KoF is the only Yakuza character I can think of that's been in a fighting game. I want to kick ass with a guy wearing a sharp suit. 

2 minutes ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

100% for getting an escrima fighter from the Philippines, mainly for personal reasons.

As someone in the philippines, I'm not really fond on an SF representative that is philippines and using escrima after seeing Josie Rizal lol

That art is more of something that many here doesn't even know or heard about. Unlike Kung Fu, Taekwondo, Judo and Karate

Even Boxing was popular here.

3 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

As someone in the philippines, I'm not really fond on an SF representative that is philippines and using escrima after seeing Josie Rizal lol

That art is more of something that many here doesn't even know or heard about. Unlike Kung Fu, Taekwondo, Judo and Karate

Maybe replace Balrog (the Mike Tyson character he was based on) to maybe a Filipino Boxer that resembles that of Manny Pacquiao?  

6 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

The fact that it isn't well known will help make it unique. Everything got to start somewhere. I wouldn't have ever known that Turkish oil wrestling was a real thing if it wasn't for Hakan

7 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

Regarding Jamie, it's extremely common for folks from Hong Kong to have English names. Source: Hong Kong sister-in-law

6 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Yeah, that's why i said "given he's from HK guess it's ok he have weird english first name", but still would have prefered have it in combo with local surname to keep it exotic sound lol, like Jamie Chan, Jamie Cheung (i'm straight picking popular HK surnames) or some similar shit 😀

People in HK have both English and Chinese names.  The Chinese ones are given at birth, and the English ones are sometimes picked by the kids themselves when they are in school.

Source: Lived in Hong Kong for years.

I know several people whose English name is 'Bob' because they wanted something easy to spell.

There's nothing exotic about English names on Chinese people.  Jamie isn't even a weird name.  People thinking a Chinese person needs a Chinese sounding name is a bit ridiculous tbh.  That's like saying every Mexican character needs to be named Pedro or something.  It's 2022.

P.S. - Nobody thought it was weird Elena doesn't have some tribal-sounding name.  Why do Chinese chars need something 'exotic'?  🤔

34 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

The fact that it isn't well known will help make it unique. Everything got to start somewhere. I wouldn't have ever known that Turkish oil wrestling was a real thing if it wasn't for Hakan

It's just something became known because of the internet like year late 2000 lol, 

Josie is more like a meme filipino fighter, kinda joke a model, that wear a flag colors and do martial arts that girls like here even didn't care about it or know it lol

there are more better alternative with that Filipinos are into mysticism so much even into wars and crime.

Ninja and Karateka is effective in Japan rep

Mu Thai is effective with Thai Rep

Kungfu is effective with Chinese rep.

Edited by Shakunetsu
2 hours ago, misterBee said:

People in HK have both English and Chinese names.  The Chinese ones are given at birth, and the English ones are sometimes picked by the kids themselves when they are in school.

Source: Lived in Hong Kong for years.

I know several people whose English name is 'Bob' because they wanted something easy to spell.

There's nothing exotic about English names on Chinese people.  Jamie isn't even a weird name.  People thinking a Chinese person needs a Chinese sounding name is a bit ridiculous tbh.  That's like saying every Mexican character needs to be named Pedro or something.  It's 2022.

P.S. - Nobody thought it was weird Elena doesn't have some tribal-sounding name.  Why do Chinese chars need something 'exotic'?  🤔

Not sure how many times i need to specify i know HK people picking english first name it's a thing in HK, guess say it a third time would feel redundant lol

I said does'nt sound well with me, call it habit or stereotype i don't care much lol, the character itself is an huge kung fu stereotype (as SF characters should be, it's SF dna) so as personal preference, even in 2022, i think a name that roll with it adding surname would have worked better

Guess it comes with kung fu stars making popular english first name-chinese surname combo so powerful in my head:

Bruce Lee

Jackie Chan

Donnie Yen

Lucy Liu

Michelle Yeoh

And a bunch of less famous ones that rolled with same combo

...it's not i'm making this shit up 😆

Notice how for all of them there's ever the name-surname thing, rarely they're called by just name or just surname, guess it's for that "Jamie" alone sound lame and weak to me lol

Btw never said SF past names were all perfect (Elena being far from being the only), as italian i swear never known a "Rose" in my life... whole SF history is filled with names that could have been better, guess SF1 Adon could be the very original sin, unless we want take it as picked up name too

Yet still Jamie Cheung, Jamie Lau or whatever would have sounded better to me, so i guess it is what it is 🤣

PS: And yes, for SF would take Pedro mexican character over John mexican character (even in 2022), but i'm sure male spanish names can offer something bit more original

Edited by CESTUS III

Idk guys...why does being Chinese suddenly mean a character needs to have a first and last name to sound 'right'?

We have characters in SF named Ed and Cody.  Names don't really get simpler than that.  It's weird that people are cool with them, but if those characters were Chinese those simple/common names would suddenly be strange?

Having a character showing a full name JUST because they're Chinese is kinda odd, especially when every other character in the game only displays their given name.

I think some people still have the mindset that Asians are somehow exotic, when of course we're just like everyone else.

This was one of the things that annoyed me the most about Spider-man on PS4.

The Chinese villain was just a normal dude, but for some reason he has a super weird Yin-Yang safe in his office.  Why?  If he was white or black it would have been a normal safe.  Westerners fetishize and get weird about Asians in a way they don't about other races/people.