Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

6 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

20220611_233221.jpg

Tbh i fear Gief will be hit as usual by teh nerfs... watch him start with some very strong traits (as he should be as he have also very weak traits too) then get nerfed and diluted, while new dlc characters get more love because capcom wants you to buy them 

Crappy "modern" controls (even if mean a weaker char, compared to) will just give one more excuse to the usual anti-gief crowd to cry and say the char should be nerfed lol

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

Don't be hasty... Not until I see those Street Fighters pummeled to dust which should be ANY SEASON NOW!!!! 😭

Ed and JP say there's enough Psycho Power for a while, see ya in 2029 🤣  

Joke aside, trying to be friendly realistic leaked 22 cast lack considerable amount of normal, expected characters (see SF3, FF being Metro City, no illuminati, no G etc) i think before they go for the gimmick of Bison resurrection as Season seller some time will pass, i would not expect it before S3 honestly... and this praying 22 are base cast and not base+S1, otherwise everything outside the 22 get +1 year of wait 

On the bright side SF6 team recognize SF2 cast as the holy dna for a SF game, so it's not a stretch to think they will find a way to make return SF2 Boss too 

Personally of shadakings i would like to get as soon as possible Sagat (SF6 lack Muay Thai/thai rep atm) and Vega. 

Rog can stay out if i get Dudley as pure boxing rep, but tbh i fear the combo of relationship with Ed + being very compatible with american urban hiphop vibes SF6 is pushing, may give Rog the edge 

Btw if was you i'll keep an eye on JP, the mysterious affiliation + the fact that all others NS that owned some PP got that by Bison decision, should give you at least suspect that JP is part of some plan that was keept secret till today

2 hours ago, BootyWarrior said:

I think it's because Alex was pushed as the main character for the SFIII and nothing else. Luke is being pushed as not only the main character but also the poster boy going forward. 

Yeah with things we know today may make sense (after all we already seen him debut as a special one in V and now he's here, with a spotlight role in 6), but that's because the people that made SF3 has been not able to keep push their thing in next SF chapter

I think there's a lot that they hinted/prepared the ground for in SF3 that end up never happening nor will happen now that different people took the control

Curious to see in SFV they seem to pay some respect to Alex, yet they done nothing with him

Half OT tbh to some extent as archetype i can see Luke, a balanced character with cool hero punch kind of shit, as easier cool guy protagonist for a jap game rather than big dude that does pro-wrestling, yet to some extent they failed hard on design... Alex used to be instant iconic chara design (wich shit all one they did for him in SFV*), on Luke they seem to struggle hard on find ideal image for him:

SFV Luke felt like a SF character with usual wacky exageration, but they overdesigned him with lot of bullshit that made him visually not likeable (+ of course many would have hated no matter what)

SF6 one is surely less disturbing on visual side (suddently all the hate train on his look disappeared apparently) toning down lot of his douche asshole appearance, but seems also to have lost a bit of that "SF flair" if you get what i mean... yeah dude have gigantic forearms (that feel bit strage with current graphic style) design gimmick and for some reason he's barefoot, but despite all stuff he got on him he seems to not catch the eye much..

And i'm saying it as somebody that likes the char, and love how they improved in 6 his moveset to be more MMA inspired, in fact i hope he get a good alt, possibly a less stupid version of his SFV design

*on reality concept even if inferior to 3 one was still nice, but the execution has been terrible lol

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

Stop being mean and let me grieve in my own way. These next few years will be difficult. SF5 spoiled me. 😞

To see the glass half full, imagine if these days rumor about SFV story being changed due incompetence was true, if they gone with that original concept you would have got a SFV with Necalli killing -physical- Bison, and final battle spotlight would have been Ryu vs Nec lol

Possibly you dodged a bullet already years ago 😆

1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

To see the glass half full, imagine if these days rumor about SFV story being changed due incompetence was true, if they gone with that original concept you would have got a SFV with Necalli killing -physical- Bison, and final battle spotlight would have been Ryu vs Nec lol

Possibly you dodged a bullet already years ago 😆

From a narrative/story standpoint, that would have been much more interesting than Ryu Hadoken (filled with Mu No Ken)  Vega/Bison to win. Something he did on Ties That Bind to win his fight against Seth in the very previous title. That would also give room to explore a little bit more Necalli's character AND Vega's powers.

1 minute ago, BornWinner said:

On the Reddit, there is this image going around about how you can see characters’ names in the logo for SF6.

Reveal hidden contents

sUAFPpA.png

Graffiti may as well be a different language to me. I can barely read the logo, much less the names.

Same....

Edited by Lord_Vega
New comment
28 minutes ago, Lord_Vega said:

From a narrative/story standpoint, that would have been much more interesting than Ryu Hadoken (filled with Mu No Ken)  Vega/Bison to win. Something he did on Ties That Bind to win his fight against Seth in the very previous title. That would also give room to explore a little bit more Necalli's character AND Vega's powers.

Tbh that version of the story would have hyped me up more and i would have prefered it as i see Necalli as an huge wasted opportunity, but would have killed inside@Daemos, so i'm trying to make him see the glass half full lol 😁

It's incredible how Necalli in their minds passed from some kind of S+ tier walking atzec apocalypse, to get his shit beaten by past-his-prime Balrog lol

Edited by CESTUS III
On 6/9/2022 at 4:27 AM, Hawkingbird said:

Yakuza - It surprises me how lacking fighting games are of these guys when they make for some great stock baddies. Yamazaki from KoF is the only Yakuza character I can think of that's been in a fighting game. I want to kick ass with a guy wearing a sharp suit. 

Allow me to disagree! Vega/Claw is a yakuza with his snake tattoo, a ninja claw and ninjitsu. He may have been a pupil of Geki, killing him after finishing education and taking his claw. Udon has him even leading a Geki ninja clan! And in Capcom vs SNK 2 his yakuza snake tattoo magicaly comes alive in one of his endings. I'd love to see more of that in SF6.

Edited by martinitolove
59 minutes ago, martinitolove said:

Allow me to disagree! Vega/Claw is a yakuza with his snake tattoo, a ninja claw and ninjitsu. He may have been a pupil of Geki, killing him after finishing education and taking his claw. Udon has him even leading a Geki ninja clan! And in Capcom vs SNK 2 his yakuza snake tattoo magicaly comes alive in one of his endings. I'd love to see more of that in SF6.

Vega is not a Yakuza. He's never been established as one. There's more to it than a tattoo. 

Edited by Hawkingbird
7 hours ago, martinitolove said:

I'm not super familiar with the yakuza theme, but Vega is not a yakuza, nothing we know of him ever hinted any of that

It's true that in japanese society tattos are often associated with yakuza, but as foreigner Vega would unliked be seen as one, specially considering himself would not try to pass as one or frequent them respecting their habits

Jap people in real life would still not like see him have a tattoo as it have negative connotations, though SF world seems bit free of that as you have also some good guys having tattoos (Guile and Luke first that come to mind), still not much common compared to real life fighters world though

The snake tattoo magically becoming alive i think may be a tribute to a female assassin (Benisato) from Ninja Scroll

Do you think women with excessive tattoos are sexy? | Page 12 | Sherdog  Forums | UFC, MMA & Boxing DiscussionI'm looking for someone, and you look exactly like...

But i guess it's not canon feat, since we never seen do it (or anything else remotely similar) in any actual SF game

Btw fun fact that surprised me A LOT actually@Miðgarðsorm(iirc, not 100% sure) once posted info about the fact canon wise in the past Geki fucked up Vega pretty badly in a fight

I ever thought if they ever fought Vega would have gone through Geki by knowing ninjutsu too, being a fucking ShadalooKing, pure talent, athleticism/size, matador skills and being a total psycho... yet as far we know their only interaction i'm aware of end up with Vega getting beated up

Now, may have been a young Vega that during his stay in Japan (i guess that was the place where they fought) still did'nt completed his training/reached his prime or just lacked experience against high level opponents... but all these are pure speculation on my side, canon wise all we know is they fought and Vega lost

As general rule trying to understand SF canon (something that Capcom does'nt help much to do lol), never use Udon for hints, they make up stuff and their comic is not canon

Btw my2 cents about a Yakuza fighter in SF

Never been lot into yakuza characters when made by japanese (of course they usually end up as bad if not worse done by foreigners lol), they tend to end up being overhyped

I mean yes, have no problem (actually love it) when in my SF/jap game i get these superhuman karate fighters, genius aikido masters, immensely powerful sumo, tricky ninja guys etc etc... but when they try to push hard the Yakuza brawler who's stronk because stronk japan yakuza... ehhh yeah, you lose me there, there are other parts of the world i would look for if you want sell me a criminal fighter

Yamazaki to me ever been weak entry, never bought his gimmick much, but TBH never bought most of KoF characters, guess at least him is a big guy lol

On Capcom (actually SF at this point), Daigo while not a Yakuza himself seems to bring some of that japanese media honorable stronk boss who have over9000 levels of badassery, but tbh while i found his design fantastic (probably my RS fav with Gan, Shoma and Tiffany) the idea of him just play his jap highschool gimmicks on SF world level stage feels bs... i liked see him in Akira's Ultra (and the fact it imply alone she's still not SF level), but when in VSkill he just jump in invincible and with arms crossed make street fighters explode due too much stronk ki badasssery... yeah no lmao

If ever in SF (would have liked him over Akira honestly), on the food chain Daigo should be (imho) somewhere in the B tier range, at least as begin... problem is some kind of dominant/superiority gimmick is part of the character and if he must be adapted to SF, you either sell that BS or you turn him into small fish in big sea Daigo wich would cripple the character... would have been kinda hard puzzle to solve, maybe now in SF6 with timeskip and all may be bit easier (but i doubt he will make it in SF6)

Daigo's minion Edge (not Yakuza either, just a trouble kid with a knife) would fit even more a Yamazaki kind of character, but probably even Dan would fuck him up, kid was'nt that strong even in RS small pond lol

Other from Capcom we got Retu (FF2 Boss) as important japanese criminal, but not sure if i would necessary link him to Yakuza, dude had zero tattos, just kabuki make up and red paint on arms

As for cool yakuza char on general media i liked Hanayama from Baki manga, dude ever had that silly gimmick of giant (he's 160kg ripped) superhuman stronk yakuza brawler, but also used to have cool personality and well written sense of honor that made him a charismatic character, he also used to have very nice designed strong points/weakness in the manga's dynamic...

This guy

Respect Hanayama Kaoru! (Baki) : r/respectthreadsHanayama Yakuza Otokodachi (Baki)" iPad Case & Skin by qwarlowrius1 |  Redbubble

Too bad the author the more got old the more gone deep in his personal racist fap dream where japan stronk japan best, wich ruined bit Hanayama too in my eyes (who now kills whale size sharks, have literally the raw strenght of a triceratops and would be unlikely be beaten by a non-japanese ever again lol), even if surely he's not the worst offender... i mean anybody who read Baki and is'nt a shit taste Akuma fan knows Yujiro existence alone is killing the manga 🤣

Whole thing became about Yujiro being the author's personal shameless power fantasy, probably dude fap with the left while design with the right

As long they don't make him OP based on generic japan stronk (Akuma is already a curse for SF at that) and allow him to get beated up just like everybody else, i would accept an Hanayama kind of guy in SF... my only doubt about it is that SF already have fucktons of japanese characters and lot of countries and martial arts still not represented, so before i feel the need to see a jap brawler join the cast i guess i would add 99 other characters lol

Edited by CESTUS III
17 minutes ago, HonebamiX said:

I have a question for y'all.

Do we have a list of all the win quotes in SFV somewhere either in total or per character?

Somewhere in some story thread (we got many) iirc @Darc_Requiemposted them all, not sure if still have them saved somewhere

Btw SF wiki have all quotes (also from previous games through years) in a dedicated page for each char, i usually check there when i look for a specific one

Example

https://streetfighter.fandom.com/wiki/Ryu/Quotes

To go directly to the character quotes page, you can just change "Ryu" with other names

Edited by CESTUS III
41 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

mean yes, have no problem (actually love it) when in my SF/jap game i get these superhuman karate fighters, genius aikido masters, immensely powerful sumo, tricky ninja guys etc etc... but when they try to push hard the Yakuza brawler who's stronk because stronk japan yakuza... ehhh yeah, you lose me there, there are other parts of the world i would look for if you want sell me a criminal fighter

I'm not understanding what your saying here. Yakuza usually ain't nationalistic. 

1 minute ago, Hawkingbird said:

I'm not understanding what your saying here. Yakuza usually ain't nationalistic. 

It's not much Yakuza itself

Is when you got some japanese media that show super boner for stronk japan, then there you get also yakuza types get teh superhuman treatment lol

Take Baki (wich end up more stronk japan nationalistic every day lol) example i did there, beside Hanayama himself you have bunch of yakuza types that get similar treatment, good example Shiba who's Hanayama's subordinate and as 70kg guy with a broken arm (before even start fight) somehow have a competitive brawl with Mike Tyson ("Iron Michael" in the anime/manga) because he got dat badass yakuza pride... cheating a lot, but still lol. And he was'nt even a main char, just very very side character lmao

And count that while other chars are martial artists Hanayama and Shiba were just thrown there as fighters/brawlers that can scrap (later we're told Hanayama started to train properly)

Not saying SF is anywhere close Baki level of retardness (beside Akuma being almost same shit as Yujiro), but since they seems to place japanese fighters pretty high too i'm not sure i want get yakuza char from them... and if i must take Daigo (who i liked a lot in RS context) as indication of how they would do that yakuza boss aura... yeah, no thanks

I've nothing against the yakuza archetype itself in a fight game if properly adapted to big world stage can surely work, just not so sure they would do the latter part lol

Btw as said it's not a closure i have on the type of char, actually some chars i like a lot come from crime world too (V.Rosso, Gen, C.Jack, Hugo, Poison) and japanese ones can be surely flashy enough to look cool in SF... just not sure how capcom would handle it lol

9 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

It's not much Yakuza itself

Is when you got some japanese media that show super boner for stronk japan, then there you get also yakuza types get teh superhuman treatment lol

Take Baki (wich end up more stronk japan nationalistic every day lol) example i did there, beside Hanayama himself you have bunch of yakuza types that get similar treatment, good example Shiba who's Hanayama's subordinate and as 70kg guy with a broken arm (before even start fight) somehow have a competitive brawl with Mike Tyson ("Iron Michael" in the anime/manga) because he got dat badass yakuza pride... cheating a lot, but still lol. And he was'nt even a main char, just very very side character lmao

And count that while other chars are martial artists Hanayama and Shiba were just thrown there as fighters/brawlers that can scrap (later we're told Hanayama started to train properly)

Not saying SF is anywhere close Baki level of retardness (beside Akuma being almost same shit as Yujiro), but since they seems to place japanese fighters pretty high too i'm not sure i want get yakuza char from them... and if i must take Daigo (who i liked a lot in RS context) as indication of how they would do that yakuza boss aura... yeah, no thanks

I've nothing against the yakuza archetype itself in a fight game if properly adapted to big world stage can surely work, just not so sure they would do the latter part lol

Btw as said it's not a closure i have on the type of char, actually some chars i like a lot come from crime world too (V.Rosso, Gen, C.Jack, Hugo, Poison) and japanese ones can be surely flashy enough to look cool in SF... just not sure how capcom would handle it lol

I don't concern myself with how a Yakuza would fit in a global scale since Street Fighter has characters who are or former gang members and they are far lower on the criminal totem pole. 

Having watched a handful of documentaries about Yakuza I can understand why they get the superhuman treatment. They are tough people and some of the things I thought was exaggerated apparently wasn't (Yakuza grabbing bikes and smashing over people if they got into a street brawl). With the criminal enterprise that exist in the universe they'll need someone to handle things on the ground level.

27 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I don't concern myself with how a Yakuza would fit in a global scale since Street Fighter has characters who are or former gang members and they are far lower on the criminal totem pole. 

Having watched a handful of documentaries about Yakuza I can understand why they get the superhuman treatment. They are tough people and some of the things I thought was exaggerated apparently wasn't (Yakuza grabbing bikes and smashing over people if they got into a street brawl). With the criminal enterprise that exist in the universe they'll need someone to handle things on the ground level.

Yes, but i said i'm not that sure japanese Capcom would handle it like any other random part of the world criminal, like allow it to get beated around easily like can happen to Birdie or the Mad Gear crowd

About latter part, yes criminals do crazy shit all around the world, never said yakuza are soft just that japanese media may tend to overhype them, and as Baki reader i got enough of that shit for 6 lives lmao

This as guy with Ryu as fav char and avatar...  Ryu get bit of stronk japan too (and SF cast as well), but at least is well built in the character's story, who's an orphan grown in a fucking dojo and live for martial arts

Edited by CESTUS III
18 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

I was never against this fight with a caveat that this was Bison's plan all along, something that could be seen as hinted as from beginning.

Meaning - Bison planned to take over Necalli who was the perfect host. It would still be Bison vs Ryu in the end, but Bison would be in Necalli's body or a new form altogether.

The idea that a classic character gets deleted from the game to give way to a new character never sat well with me. How do we make Akuma badass? Let's make him beat up the current Badass of the game. It's a variation of the New Gen Apprentice taking over the Master's place in a roster. It's cheap and a cop out.

I think Necalli may come back in SF6, but he will receive the Seth treatment but a complete overhaul.

Edited by Daemos
1 hour ago, Daemos said:

I was never against this fight with a caveat that this was Bison's plan all along, something that could be seen as hinted as from beginning.

Meaning - Bison planned to take over Necalli who was the perfect host. It would still be Bison vs Ryu in the end, but Bison would be in Necalli's body or a new form altogether.

The idea that a classic character gets deleted from the game to give way to a new character never sat well with me. How do we make Akuma badass? Let's make him beat up the current Badass of the game. It's a variation of the New Gen Apprentice taking over the Master's place in a roster. It's cheap and a cop out.

Yeah but -if that rumor is true- their plan was'nt that

That sounds like "I'm ok my character losing if he's actually winning 👍" shit going on 🤣

They would just have got Necalli being a very powerfull entity that woke up after thousands years sleep and gone after powerful fighters, find Bison (that was somehow destined to him, see the prophecy) fuck him up and absorb him

And if they just wanted to go for the badass of the game, as much i hate to admit it- they would have gone after Akuma (but they would not, because they have boner for Akuma stronk)*... i think Bison was a more intersting prey in their mind because while more beatable and not compromising the hype of future stuff, he would still be a big Win and the idea of Necalli absorbing Psycho Power (while he seem more a SnH type) could have give them a different direction to power-up Nec rather than just rise vertically, like new abilities, maybe smarter brain etc

Then sure, if they wanted to keep Necalli coeherent, Psycho Power may have corrupted him and surely will have gained some Bison traits (just like Nec changed after eating the Warrior Prophet)

You may have end up with some Necalli-Bison hybrid, but not as a Bison plan, more like due Necalli's nature

One possibility though could have been that Bisons spirit could have been strong enough to take over, but honestly that does'nt get mentioned so i doubt was their intention (ever in -if that rumor is true-  mode on, can be all bs as far i know lol)

But surely they could have said that his spirit was strong enough to no let itself being fully absorbed and survive, so when Ryu destroyed Nec, still "alive" Bison spirit would break free and have about same chance of return he have today

*fun thing is i think for a moment they thought also about Necalli being successful at absorb Akuma too, well not fully successful lol, basically just Akuma gaining some monster/aztec DNA 😆

CCAPCOM USA INCALLRIGHTS RESERVED One of Akuma's Initial Early Designs Was  Akin to What He Would Looked Like if He Had Inherited Some of Necalli's  Likeness After Necalli Had Consumed Him Which

11 minutes ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

They weren't kidding when they said "World Tour". We were thinking small, given how we've only seen metro City in the trailer.

I'm glad this mode feels like they're giving us SF fans who love the casual, story, and characters side of the franchise something that we can really sink our teeth into for a long time.

I was expecting something shenmue or yakuza but I'm surprised they bigger.

2 hours ago, Daemos said:

I think Necalli may come back in SF6, but he will receive the Seth treatment but a complete overhaul.

Idk, while i liked Necalli and what could have been as SF Kars/Pillar Man to shock a bit the upper tiers that have been stale for decades, notice the lack of balls of recent entries

Seth was very very good but not great, crushed by Bison

G seems pretty strong, yet get smoked by Gill and even Rose

Necalli got backstabbed into being a douche that lose to Balrog, same Rog that alone could not handle Zangief

I think at this point Necalli credibility has been already ruined beyond repair lol... sure his ability to power up absorbing fighters may ever give him a chance to return like an old DBZ villain, but the hype will not resurrect nobody will buy this guy as walking apocalypse ever again

You say get new guy just jumping in and crushing some big name is cheap move and i agree (keeping alive my dissing with Baki lmao, poor Oliva), but on other hand at some point we have to admit Capcom lacked the balls to do something substantial about S tiers in years and years, just mostly preserving the status quo

Probably for different reasons (you absolute love Bison, i find Akuma crap for how he's used in SF) but i hated SF2 gimmick of Bison getting one-shotted to hype Akuma too... yet i find not much better current state where big sharks seems to swim far from each others and they get feed with lower level "bosses" and nothing happen  to the general structure

SF3 gave us Oro who jumped at #1 with Akuma, and Gill who to not start long debate we can say is at least powerful as Bison

SF4 gave us Gouken, that is able to force into stalemate Akuma, but feels it's mostly about his mastery of MnK as defensive "shield", i fear they will ust evolve AKuma to go through that shield and bye bye Gouken lol

Anything else we got since these days is not going to bother the real strong ones... Seth, G, Necalli (would add even Urien who some seen as potential rising figure), have all been treated like appetizers

None fullfilled the potential they had

Well, maybe Seth effectively could not give more and got turned on food only after defeat, but this still happened because as premise they never had big ambitions for the char... just filler guy to keep shit busy, despite being the boss of a game that have 5 years chapters

Idk, maybe SF6 will be ambitious enough to punch a bit that skyline

To begin with, hope finally we will get Ryu wrecking Akuma, saving SF7 from neverending Akuma stronk bullshit and making room for new faces on top of foodchain 🤣

29 minutes ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

They weren't kidding when they said "World Tour". We were thinking small, given how we've only seen metro City in the trailer.

I'm glad this mode feels like they're giving us SF fans who love the casual, story, and characters side of the franchise something that we can really sink our teeth into for a long time.

Thing seems it's getting insanely ambitious

It's like suddently they realized SF is their greatest franchise and that they ever put low effort with it in recent years

To think they sold so many copies (and likely so many DLCs) despite all shit gone wrong with SFV may have made them consider what kind of money they could have made if SFV was done right lol

40 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

G seems pretty strong, yet get smoked by Gill and even Rose

I get the feeling that G is hiding his power level. It's more important for him for his message to spread and gain trust to act on his sinister plan. If catching Ls is how he does it then that's what he's going to do.

28 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I get the feeling that G is hiding his power level. It's more important for him for his message to spread and gain trust to act on his sinister plan. If catching Ls is how he does it then that's what he's going to do.

I agree he's hiding something for sure, but can't say if is his true power (could have defeated Gill if truly went all in?), his motivations/plan or both

My impression is his path will have him somehow gaining power the more he gain support from people (maybe he can "link" with them, get their energy through earth?) so maybe at the time of SFV truly he's not able to defeat some of the best, but he will if he continue his mission of gain followers he may grow above all (all just theory)

Wonder what were their plan for G in SFV before going "fuck everything, let's do it cheap" mode

I remember some dude saying G was the Boss of SFV, yet they done nothing with him lol

Let's see what his destiny will be in SF6, thought new people may abandon G completely to do their shit, but Rose was pretty late in SFV as S5 char and G was big deal in her story

Edited by CESTUS III
2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I get the feeling that G is hiding his power level. It's more important for him for his message to spread and gain trust to act on his sinister plan. If catching Ls is how he does it then that's what he's going to do

Absolutely agree, look how he reacts when he gets beaten by Rose. He doesn't even really care, but then starts creeping her out with the revelation of the coming end of the world. When Gill beats him, he again is down, but doesn't seem tired, mad,  or even messed up; I'm putting this in my video, but if you notice, he even bothers Gill with him being unable to  "read" G. Gill has great insight into the desires of those he fights, given the win quotes, but yet again, he joins Menat and Rose in being unable to get a good read on him or his aims.  If anything, it works that get gets beaten. Lincoln said:

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.”

He's ironically constantly talking but not really "speaking". No one knows what he's really about, but he's got attention on him. He seems like a capable fighter, weird guy, and as seen in his arcade ending, he's gathering influence and followers. He's not presenting himself as some , omnipotent God like Gill. He gets beat, dusts himself off "hah, I lost that one citizen, good fight!" and endears himself as somewhat approachable and keeping to his "we're all one!" message. You'll get people following Gill for sure, but you'll also get people creeped out by the messianic, religious way he conducts business. G presents a come as you are, mighty or soft, we're all in this (whatever "this" is) together. With Bison in recent memory, I can see more people being creeped out by Gill and watching him with a raised eyebrow and being cautious about his aims, but G? They look at him like Conan O'Brien - fun, tall, weird, totally doesn't seem like he has sinister aims.

Going back to Lincoln's quote, G "removing all doubt" would have people see him as a conqueror or something to be feared and not trusted. Whatever his aims, he seems to need slow, steady connections. I feel he's been around for a while, but with the power vacuum in the world, he's moving forward into the public, taking time and dramatically growing his audience.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@CESTUS IIIIts' purely based on his design but I get serious G vibes from JP.

Yeah, it feels like that

If i could base it only on design i would for sure agree

Actually may even think is possible G dropped the Lincoln/Uncle Sam gimmick to pick up a new one lol

What stop all these theories for me is that leaker said JP use Psycho Power and from the artwork him and Ed seem to sport same owl symbol, wich may link them into Neo Shadaloo or something that followed

It further get complicated when you see Ed have the "owl flag" as affiliation, while JP have a "?"... so may be one of them but also a traitor or somebody with mysterious personal agenda?

So, I was thinking...

Did someone copy/save the stories on the CFN site? Like the one about F.A.N.G's apprentice and the others?

I'm always worried these official sites will go down as soon as the company feels there's no point in supporting the older game, so I wouldn't want those stories to disappear in the ether. I know the character profiles are already in the plot guide, but I think the short stories are not.