Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

16 minutes ago, YagamiFire said:

Chun-Li becoming a police officer to avenger her father than a martial arts instructor to honor her father and help the next generation is definitely logical for her character especially since part of becoming an instructor is also becoming a parent for her at about the same time.

this is true

One thing i loved is how fucking serious Chun looks in the sparring with Li Fen in the trailer, she's surely not going hard (in fact barely touch her) but the face is cold af... it sell well for Chun teach kung fu is not teach an hobby but share a knowledge that will likely save her life one day (wich considering Chun's and Li Fen lives make sense)

52 minutes ago, Daemos said:

They can't have normal lives. We've seen them attempt it after SF2. Literally these guys have been traumatized to hell and back with a pathological affinity towards fighting people on the streets. Try try as they might but the pull of Bison is eternal! They are doomed to repeat history until they all have group therapy together.

Irony is Neo Shadaloo was in theory the closest to group therapy (even if everybody is patients, nobody is doctor) you will get in SF, and very first signs we got already point at them being destined to be the new avatar of the thing they're supposed to escape from

Very curious to know more about SF6 Ed, surprised me see him have a new symbol (Owl) and casual clothes that seem to go far from the NS uniform we seen as his future in SFV

Wonder if they changed approach to NS thing or if he straight left it to join another (owl) organization

Edited by CESTUS III
2 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

Chun-Li becoming a police officer to avenger her father than a martial arts instructor to honor her father and help the next generation is definitely logical for her character especially since part of becoming an instructor is also becoming a parent for her at about the same time.

Not to mention that Chun-Li's father, in addition to working as a cop, was also one of her instructor figures in teaching her kung fu (as well as Gen). In a way, Chun-Li becoming an instructor and a mother fulfills the two parental roles that Chun had growing up: Since we know very little of Chun-Li's mother, and at best, we can assume she passed away at a young age, and Chun-Li's father being a dad and a teacher to Chun when she's at home, since he very well can't bring his work into his home.

Chun-Li is becoming the mother she never had, and when she is no longer pursueing her father's killer, she continues to honor his memory by becoming exactly what he was to Chun-Li when she was growing up: a parent and a teacher. And that is an incredible way to continue to honor her parents and have her character go forward in life.

2 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

One thing i loved is how fucking serious Chun looks in the sparring with Li Fen in the trailer, she's surely not going hard (in fact barely touch her) but the face is cold af... it sell well for Chun teach kung fu is not teach an hobby but share a knowledge that will likely save her life one day (wich considering Chun's and Li Fen lives make sense)

Yes. I didn't notice it at first glance. But great observation.

Li-Fen is also older, so the longer she's been with Chun-Li, the more she (or Chun) probably realizes that Chun-Li can baby her anymore. She can't hold her hand every lesson, and in order for her to improve (and have her kung fu potentially save a life one day, maybe hers), Chun will have to go serious when teaching her.

Of course, Chun isn't like that 24/7. in her bio, she enjoys shopping with Li-Fen as well as days off to relax. So she has time in her day to have fun, show off that smile, loving, and motherly side. (Hell on the P2 side of the VS Walk-In cinematics, she's waving and smiling). But great observation of her demeanor in the trailer. 

She's obviously stern, and less "Gomen ne" fun. But she does well to not hurt who she's teaching, even hilariously booping Li-Fen in the back of her head with her foot. A kick that would easily kill if Chun was swinging at full force to the back of someone's head.

37 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Delta Blue > Neo Shadaloo. One of the few things Udon comics got right. Cammy is the original Ed and way cooler and more likeable. It was her destiny to lead the lab experiments - her brothers and sisters - back to the light.

Ed should die like the plot device he really is.

I disagree, i think Ed NS offer a very different perspective from Cammy's DB

For the little i remember of covers online (not udon reader), Delta Blue was mostly made about people that surely has been traumatized by Shadaloo, but could appear normal from outside, and them trying to do the right thing felt in good part their choice/mission

What i liked of NeoShadaloo concept is that lot of them end up being some sort of extreme freaks and due that they feel would not be able to fit society (or even have friends due the PP curse, see Ed leaving Rog) so as absolute outcasts they see in each other the only chance of belong to a family

Feels a lot like how in real life back when circus was into human "freakshows"...  the freaks will somehow manage to feel "normal"  because the circus gave them a context where next to other freaks their diversity was accepted as everybody had one, while they would have struggled at be accepted by normal society

That's often why they joined it, and why often they were reluctant to leave even if they saved enough money

Find it pretty cool mini arc, wish we got a SFV Ed/Falke stage where on bakground you could see  the whole crew watching the fight

42 minutes ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

Yes. I didn't notice it at first glance. But great observation.

Li-Fen is also older, so the longer she's been with Chun-Li, the more she (or Chun) probably realizes that Chun-Li can baby her anymore. She can't hold her hand every lesson, and in order for her to improve (and have her kung fu potentially save a life one day, maybe hers), Chun will have to go serious when teaching her.

Of course, Chun isn't like that 24/7. in her bio, she enjoys shopping with Li-Fen as well as days off to relax. So she has time in her day to have fun, show off that smile, loving, and motherly side. (Hell on the P2 side of the VS Walk-In cinematics, she's waving and smiling). But great observation of her demeanor in the trailer. 

She's obviously stern, and less "Gomen ne" fun. But she does well to not hurt who she's teaching, even hilariously booping Li-Fen in the back of her head with her foot. A kick that would easily kill if Chun was swinging at full force to the back of someone's head.

I think Chun is just lovely as ever with her

Li Fen character design itself show a very playful side, colourful modern clothes, miniskirt, tech gadgets, funny sock etc... even the place where they spar, colourful and full of modern dressed people (possible Chun or Li Fen stage?) does'nt seems at all that getting older she started to have a more austere martial artist lifestyle or anything

It's just during that very moment you're teaching/training/sparring and you're doing it not to grab some money from people that want an hobby, but to actually teach that person how to defend himself, after a while you will surely do it better leaving friendship/smiles/softshit out of the ring or tatami (or better, just out of the sparring session) because you're NOT supposed to give him/her a comfortable situation (unless he/she want zumba shit training)

Trained person is supposed to learn to face hostility as general thing, not just the punch/kick itself... even at equal level of training people used to a playful instructor that's all smiles and jokes are likely to feel completely out of their element (and maybe even freeze) the day they end up face some angry guy that actually want to fuck them up

Of course at bit more advanced level when that mindset has been achieved, two can spar hard throw bombs and still be bit more all laughs and hugs... but a novice better get the cold treatment

Wich is why many times in good gyms noobs feel like everybody is bullying them, when on reality* people are trying help them grow some balls

*of course assholes (and shit gyms) exist too, but this is another story

Returning to SF lore, Chun there is teaching Li Fen (a young girl who's been already kidnapped twice) to face enemies... not sparring partners, not sport tournament opponents, not her mom... she's trying to get Li Fen used to face the feel of cold face enemy

Even the fact she's doing with hands "tied" behind her back whole time it's not to show off or to ridicule Li Fen (both things don't fit Chun's nature) nor to make things "easier" for her, it's a way to make shit even more uncomfortable and demoralizing as your opponent seems to possess insurmountable skill level gap...  and that should not fuck up your mind (as nothing should, or you will perform worse)

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Ryu's SF6 theme

Love how funky this is.

Idk, feels they're just trying really hard to impose the game's mood even on those characters that have little to do with it

Guess helps game identity as a whole package but imho it steals from character's aura

Not saying it's a bad theme, just does'nt feels like a "Ryu theme" imho

16 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Idk, feels they're just trying really hard to impose the game's mood even on those characters that have little to do with it

Guess helps game identity as a whole package but imho it steals from character's aura

Not saying it's a bad theme, just does'nt feels like a "Ryu theme" imho

I agree. This theme doesn't fit Ryu at all. There are a couple of notes that does but overall doesn't reflect him and his growth. Divorcing this track from Ryu is a pretty damn good funk music 

11 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

The remixes were a mixed bag

Agreed. I always look at Gen's remix and just am not feeling it. The Alpha original just strikes you in the head and fits him and his stage so well. Dynamic fight in the back alleys of Hong Kong at 2 am with a master assassin. So cinematic and surging, but the remix has way too much edm party touches that ruins the flow for me. Some themes like crumbling lab are fantastic though.

59 minutes ago, ShockDingo said:

Agreed. I always look at Gen's remix and just am not feeling it. The Alpha original just strikes you in the head and fits him and his stage so well. Dynamic fight in the back alleys of Hong Kong at 2 am with a master assassin. So cinematic and surging, but the remix has way too much edm party touches that ruins the flow for me. Some themes like crumbling lab are fantastic though.

I felt this way with about Dee Jay's theme. Mixing EDM with Caribbean music didn't sound right. The energy and excitement it's suppose to have felt off. I wasn't a fan

The theme to old temple is one of handful introduced in that game that actually stuck with me. That one was pretty good.

3 hours ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

Sound like Ryu is the muscle of a crew that plans to rob Las Vegas on a fight night.

Well, Capcom's canon does'nt disagree that much lol 🤣

Kinu Nishimura also remembers what Akiman said when it came to Ryu's daily life, that Ryu usually does high paying but dangerous things such as acting as a bouncer or muscleman for gangsters, and basically bets on himself in street fights when he runs out of money.[40] Ryu working as gang muscle was also adapted in Masahiko Nakahira's manga for Street Fighter Alpha, where Birdie hires Ryu as a bouncer for drug transactions.

20 minutes ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

The imagery here is stereotipically Shintō, in contrast with the usual Buddhist themes associated with Ryu (until now, it was Honda who used Shintō references).

That feel extra strange considering recently they even said Ryu new design have indeed a buddhist theme going on as you say

"Although Street Fighter 6 occurs after the Street Fighter III series, Ryu still feels that he's "not there yet" - though he seems to have gained some dignity. The way he wears the kasaya (Buddhist robe) is reminiscent of his master, Goken." -Game Director, @takaNakayama

Never noticed Honda doing religious stuff, was it the salt throwing?

9 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

SF4 music was so bland and lacking in personality. It's the type of stuff you immediately forget about as soon as it's finished. The remixes were a mixed bag

Fuck...that.  SF4 is easily the best SF OST.  Most of character theme remixes absolutely rule.  And some the stage themes are some of the best songs in the franchise.

You don't deserve your ears.

Edited by DarthEnderX
10 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

People need to back the fuck off of my boy Ed

Not until the little maggot fulfills his purpose!

So 2024 good for you? ❤️

4 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Fuck...that.  SF4 is easily the best SF OST. 

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. SF2 and SF EX still exist. SF4 had some good remixes (and Indestructible), but as far as its original offerings it is not up there. 

5 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Fuck...that.  SF4 is easily the best SF OST.  Most of character theme remixes absolutely rule.  And some the stage themes are some of the best songs in the franchise.

You don't deserve your ears.

Yea no. I would put SF4 in trash tier when it comes to the series OST. I find the most the remixes to be lazy. Let's take the original themes throw some EDM on it and call day. They massacre Balrog theme with the auto tune. 

EX > Second Impact > Third Strike > Alpha 2 > SF2 > Alpha 3 > SFV > SFIV.  My personal tier list of SF OSTs

2 hours ago, Daemos said:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. SF2 and SF EX still exist. SF4 had some good remixes (and Indestructible), but as far as its original offerings it is not up there. 

Yeah, but, I'm not only counting it's original offerings.  Yeah, SF2's OST is fantastic.  But all of those songs are also in SF4, and most of those remixes are fantastic.  And then there's a ton of other great music on top of that.  So I consider it better, on the whole.

Now, that's probably not fair, because SF4 has, like, 4x as much music as SF2.  But total number of great songs is still how I choose to measure an OST.

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Yea no. I would put SF4 in trash tier when it comes to the series OST. 

EX > Second Impact > Third Strike > Alpha 2 > SF2 > Alpha 3 > SFV > SFIV.  My personal tier list of SF OSTs

Your FACE is trash tier!

SF4 > Alpha 2 > SF2:HDR > SF2 > SF5 > Alpha 3 > SF3:3rd > SF3:2nd

Edited by DarthEnderX
2 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

He said that they can't confirm anything at the moment, but they're "referencing the starting lineup of what SFV had to offer, as a benchmark", and that they plan to at least reach that level.

So, it will be at least 16, but maybe more, it's kind of a non-committal answer.

I take it as 16 🥲

My 2 cents

In the builds/leak we seen guess we can confirm

Green = already existing in some version

Yellow= artwork but no signs of them being playable in current builds

1. Ryu
  2. Luke
  3. Chun
  4. Jamie
  5. Guile
  6. Cammy
  7. Ken
  8. Kimberly
  9. Honda
  10. Juri
  11. Lily
  12. Manon
  13. JP
  14. Dhalsim
  15. Zangief
  16. Blanka
  17. Dee Jay
  18. Ed
  19. Akuma
  20. Marisa
  21. Rashid
  22. AKI

Sadly if we want imagine 16 as the number and S1 being made of 6 characters like SFV S1, we have 16+6=22

So adding 2 green to standard cast we can get something like

1. Ryu
  2. Luke
  3. Chun
  4. Jamie
  5. Guile
  6. Cammy
  7. Ken
  8. Kimberly
  9. Honda
  10. Juri
  11. Lily
  12. Manon
  13. JP
  14. Dhalsim
  15. Zangief (standard)
  16. Blanka (standard)
  17. Dee Jay (Season 1)
  18. Ed (Season 1)
  19. Akuma (Season 1)
  20. Marisa (Season 1)
  21. Rashid (Season 1)
  22. AKI (Season 1)

Would like to say i'm surely wrong, as i would prefer base cast being 22 or at least 20 and S1 being the 2 left + 4 unseen

But sadly with that scheme some things may make sense, example why we got so many new female characters (not typical SF ratio), as done that way in standard new faces -counting Luke- would be just 3M and 3F, and Season 1 would have same 4M 2F ratio that was so common in SFV seasons

Or why a char like Akuma that would suit lot more DLC is part of the 22

Would like to think there may be at least an hidden boss still to see, but tbh would not be surprised if is just JP

EDIT: thanks @BootyWarrior

Edited by CESTUS III
On 6/16/2022 at 1:55 AM, CESTUS III said:

Cool thing is in her normal version with her blocks she's deviating these tatsu kicks on her sides*, so she does'nt have to sustain the whole weight of the strike... in tired version she just try to block it and stay strong on the spot but that way she get whole impact lol, feels perfect to show it's a desperate defense attempt ❤️

*right right left is wrong (to roll with it should have been LLL) but who cares, it's not like we can expect every single move get linked to most accurate block and the overall effect is cool as fuck (cooler than 3 "correct" identical blocks)... plus if we must accept tastu bullshit being an effective attack everything is fair game 🤣

Well, guess that make more sense now, confirmed burnout version of blocking will indeed be a less efficient one

Edited by CESTUS III
1 hour ago, BootyWarrior said:

With Luke that makes 14 characters.

Add Zangief and Blanka to that, and that's your 16.

But I'd say there's a whole column missing on the left.  Which would give us 18 total.  Blanka is before Guile and Zangief before Dhalsim, because that puts that entire WW section in the same order it was in SF2.

If Luke is in the first slot, Marisa is probably in the slot below that, and then we have one more character next to Cammy.  Another one of the returning characters.

YFJ7JsV.png

So if I had to guess, I'd say AKI, Ed, Akuma, and then either Dee Jay or Rashid, ends up being DLC.

Edited by DarthEnderX

Putting AKI - the most interesting new character in S1 is such cop out. This is what they did to Juri in SF5, and I am fully expecting it now that I think about it. Ed, AKI, Akuma, Dee Jay, Rashid, and Marisa make sense. Half of which will likely feature in the game's main story.

Which means S2 could be the 4 other names in the graffiti art - Bison, Vega, Mika, Ibuki, +2