Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

33 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Which means S2 could be the 4 other names in the graffiti art - Bison, Vega, Mika, Ibuki, +2

Iirc graffiti got Sakura too

29 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

I hope we'll have the full 22 leaked roster as the vanilla roster, and graffiti (if they're trustworthy at all) as Season DLC.

Yeah, I know, I'm a glutton for disappointment, but Capcom is in full CapGod mode so I choose to believe!

Problem to me is they mentioned SFV as model, wich got 16+6=22

Guess in their perspective not come out with greater cast will not be big deal, because they will start with fuckton of more contents than SFV, so they think they will get away with it cast wise and don't "gift" 6 more characters

Random guess, wonder if the customized character will get slot/slots like this guy

Street Fighter EX3 - Ace playthrough - YouTube

Street Fighter EX3 Character select screen - YouTube

from japanese interview 

gathered by CountAntonius

What will happen to the differences between platforms and net codes?

――I played on PS5 this time, but I felt that the loading time until the match was quite short. Will it be a little slower with the PS4 version?

Mr. Nakayama:

That's right for the road part. If anything, I think it's okay to recognize that the PS5 is amazing.

Mr. Matsumoto:
 Even in the PS4 version, the parts that must be secured as a fighting game are protected.

Mr. Nakayama:
 Even at the current development stage, we are able to guarantee a match at 60 FPS. Since various graphic options are attached in detail, it is designed so that you can play comfortably by turning it on and off.

――If you have a PS4 or a PC that doesn't have enough specs, you can enjoy the match without any problems by adjusting the graphic options.

Mr. Nakayama:

Right now, I have no choice but to answer "I'll do my best, I'll do my best", but I'd like to announce the specifications required for the PC version somewhere as soon as possible.

he image is very good in this work, but does it work without problems even with the specifications of PlayStation 4?

Mr. Nakayama: 
At the current development stage, we are able to play at 60fps without any problems.

With the 16 base roster that happened in SF 5 i don't think they are going to repeat the same mistake. It was also rumored that the Season 1 DLC for SFV was supposed to be base roster but they ran out of time. 

I believe the entire 22 leaked characters will be on launch day for SF 6.

PS : assuming the game releases Q1 2023  and 6 of the leaked characters will be DLC, the wait won't be long for them anyway since they will release in the same year. 

Edited by Skort
9 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Problem to me is they mentioned SFV as model, wich got 16+6=22

Guess in their perspective not come out with greater cast will not be big deal, because they will start with fuckton of more contents than SFV, so they think they will get away with it cast wise and don't "gift" 6 more characters

Vanilla SF4 launched with 25 characters on the base roster on console. They can definitely do more than 16

13 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Iirc graffiti got Sakura too

Yup Sakura too.

14_hans.webp

Adult Sakura, Mika, Bison, and Vega would make for a superb season. Throw in Adult Ibuki plus 1 other long awaited SF3 male character and sales would be through the roof. I think they will put most of the newcomers out in year 1 and they won't repeat the mistake of SFV-S2 that only had Akuma as a legacy character.

Edited by Daemos
4 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Vanilla SF4 launched with 25 characters on the base roster on console. They can definitely do more than 16

yes, actually 16 was the very vanilla (not console version) but yes 

They "can", but can do and will do are different things

Of course they can start 22 if they want

Thing is they did'nt mentioned SF4 but SFV as a model, that should be the red flag 

On economic level for them the difference between 6 in standard included in the game price or 6 sold separately may be lot of money 

Of course there can be bit backlash as image, but considering the success/hype game news are receiving, 16 being so common for SF and that the game will release with LOT of extra stuff, they may feel 16 will not hurt the launch much

I think people are reading a bit too much into that graffiti artwork.

It could very well be made just for aesthetic purpose and nothing else for one of the stage, just how a lot of stages feature background characters as cameos that pretty much a lot of people though they will end up DLC and never happened ( Sodom , Necro in SFV to give an example ). 

Besides,Ken,Cammy, Guile and Ryu area already in the leaked roster,  so it would be weird to put them together with stuff like Sakura, Bison and Mika.

Speculation is cool and all but i don't really see it as being a hint towards season 1 DLC.

The biggest selling fighters of last gen all had 20+ characters at launch.

MK11 launched with 25-26(?) characters

Tekken7 launched with 30+

DBF had 21
And Smash Ultimate, well you know...

So if SF6 is trying to reach for these year 1-2 sales numbers then they need to launch with more than 16. Otherwise, a lot of people will wait until year 2-3 to buy the game.

Just now, Skort said:

I think people are reading a bit too much into that graffiti artwork.

Nah. Every character visually leaked is represented in the graffiti except Kimberly, Bison, Vega, Sakura, Mika, and debatably Ibuki.

There is literally no reason to put names of characters in the Street Fighter 6 website if they are not going to be in Street Fighter 6. Unless it is an intentional red herring on the part of the developers.

Edited by Daemos
10 minutes ago, Daemos said:

There is literally no reason to put names of characters in the Street Fighter 6 website if they are not going to be in Street Fighter 6

Characters get cameos all the time and even fully 3D models and still do not end up playable. 

Abel in SF 5 is a good example as well as Decapre.Keep your expectations in check,this entire graffiti is very likely to be just for visuals and nothing more.

As for that list, the only character i can see returning as soon  Season 1 character would be Sakura. All the rest are already in the leaked roster or way too early to be added imo. 

Just now, Skort said:

Characters get cameos all the time and even fully 3D models and still do not end up playable. 

By that logic then Li-Fen and Damnd would have graffitis too.

Just accept it. Bison is back and he is coming for your other eye because clearly you cannot see this for what it is! THE 4TH COMING!

2 minutes ago, Daemos said:

By that logic then Li-Fen and Damnd would have graffitis too.

????  

If anything it proves what i just said since they clearly got 3D models and  are not in the base roster ( assuming the leaked picture is real )

Just accept it. Bison is back and he is coming for your other eye because clearly you cannot see this for what it is! THE 4TH COMING!

This has nothing to do with personal prefference,i'm just stating the obvious and applying a bit of logic.  But i see that is out of the question.

55 minutes ago, Daemos said:

The biggest selling fighters of last gen all had 20+ characters at launch.

MK11 launched with 25-26(?) characters

Tekken7 launched with 30+

DBF had 21
And Smash Ultimate, well you know...

So if SF6 is trying to reach for these year 1-2 sales numbers then they need to launch with more than 16. Otherwise, a lot of people will wait until year 2-3 to buy the game.

Of course, but this is if we assume that from Capcom perspective base cast size is only selling factor, when if you listen them they seem to be so confident that other features SF6 will come out with (open world and hub) are almost as important as -what we fans consider- the game itself... in their words they compared it to develop 3 games

Now, i'm intrigued about open world mode (and if will allow me to enlarge game cast with created characters SC style would be epic) and i could not care less about the hub, but point is i can see from their perspective they would feel to offer much much more stuff than previous SF games even with a equal size start cast

You don't need to sell me that SF6 would be cooler and more likeable with 22 base cast, i'm already on that boat.

I WANT to see other faces that aren't in that 22 art without have to wait one more year (and crossing fingers they get picked for season pack), even at 22 game still have no muay thai, no pure boxer, no some chars i like and i wish to see jump in...

Trust me i'm on that boat

You need to sell me why the guy pointed at SFV (wich had 16 base) as model when it comes to base cast number and why i should ignore the  fact 22 sound so ominous like 16 (classic base) + 6 (SFV seasons) 🥲

Edited by CESTUS III

Street Fighter V got shat on very badly because of its limited roster (and lack of single player content, plus the presentation wasn't stellar either). Capcom would be very ballsy to release Street Fighter 6 with the same base roster as V, even if they have improved on the other aspects.

I can see them making a base of 22-25. I think they need to break the psychological barrier of 20 to make a safe launch.

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Even the arcade roster wasn't 16. It had 19 characters. Akuma, Gouken and Seth were hidden characters in vanilla arcade.

Yeah, one possibility is SF6 may have an hidden char as boss, FG are usually supposed to have a boss even in vanilla cast

Unless it's JP, who seems could be a good candidate for bunch of things...

One other possibility is one more  slot may also go for your open world character, kinda like SC gave a slot (wich open multiple slots) for CaS... apparently stay closer to SF it may be kinda like SFEX Ace(but with customizable design) and Ace got slot(s)

Good question is why we are focusing on most generous chapter (SF4) while ignoring the one they have declared to use as model (SFV)

They're looking for positive hype, why not just say "well, expect MORE than SFV", would not have tied them in any way aside need at least 17 base cast

I mean, as said multiple times i'm first that WISH 22 is base cast, but logic tell me to base my expectation on hints/proofs and not on my wishes

I hope you guys are right, i'm simply not optimistic about that though

Edited by CESTUS III
15 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Good question is why we are focusing on most generous chapter (SF4) while ignoring the one they have declared to use as model (SFV)

I personally can't be bothered to dissect the part of the interview where the base roster comes up because of how uncommittal the answer is.  The guy doesn't know or is continuing on with the marketing strategy even though the cat is out the bag.

I brought up SF4 to show that the series doesn't always launch with a roster of 16. Everything we seen with SF6 feels like an overcorrection of 5 criticism. It wouldn't surprise me if the number of the base roster is one of those corrections 

Edited by Hawkingbird
1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

22 sound so ominous like 16 (classic base) + 6 (SFV seasons)

Yeah 22 is a strange number.

It does sound like 16+6 to me also. That's why it needs to be 18-20 or 22-24 on release, which means we may have not seen all the playable year 1 characters yet.

The part that makes me optimistic is that like @Hawkingbirdsaid, everything so far feels like an over-correction. They are playing it very safe compared to SF5 which was very ambitious despite its low budget it believed in its goals (which it accomplished by the end of its run!).

Edited by Daemos

Yeah 22 is a strange number.

It does sound like 16+6 to me also. That's why it needs to be 18-20 or 24 on release, which means we may have not seen all the playable year 1 characters yet.

That's some wishful thinking/hope that i'd love to agree with 🥲👍

But that 22 art feels to me like a complete project (that can be expanded for sure, i mean as start), even Akuma who could have been hidden/secret shit is there, it have some order logic too, who's returning and then who's new

SFV specially with ASF having them playable gave vibes that Base+Season1 were part of same thing, but split with a chunk to be unlocked with money because fuck you consumer, pay this shit.

I've little doubts SFV S1 six char were ready despite shit rushed launch (or at least they would have been if launch was'nt rushed), would not surpise me much know in some capcom room a similar 22 project including Urien/Alex/tetc was made for SFV

Just now, CESTUS III said:

I've little doubts SFV S1 six char were ready despite shit rushed launch

I honestly don't think they were.

Bison's lower body (beneath the coat) had a completely different and unfinished shading. It was only corrected a few months after the physical release. SF5 was made with a lower budget and it ultimately was rushed. Game needed at least 6 more months but Capcom were in a rut.

They are no longer in such a rut and are enjoying a peak in their powers. So I am hoping they do right by releasing a fuller package that will make us the envy of the FGC once again.

Edited by Daemos

16 would be an extremely disappointing starting  roster even without the knowledge of the leaks.

If the leaked 22 make up the first six than any excitement for DLC is entirely dead for me. Worst case scenario overall they made horrible picks going over a year post-launch with no Final Fight, Alpha, or SFIII characters would be absolutely devastating to the roster IMO.

Sakura won the SFV popularity poll which had no bearing on her appearence in SFV since she got revealed weeks later; She shouldn't be coming into SF6  years later a-fucking-gain.

Infact Sakura should have been promoted in importance currently she is making Epic bank in Fortnite. A whole new generation has been introduced to the character and she has been well recieved. Capcom capitalizes by doing nothing except wank off the World Warriors like always.... Amazing!  Also worth bringing up that Sakura in the urban setting set in the future is such a no brainer she fits in immediately. Sakura should be among the very first DLC characters and treated like a poster character with a revamped story going ahead in my opinion.

Makoto has been missing for over a decade despite placing second in the SFV poll. Why did they do this poll if it didn't influence their picks for SFV or SF6? Loool

How the fuck did E Honda sneak into the base roster over Alex, or literally anybody with a pulse? Who the fuck wants him so early?  Serious question.

I hate Cody but the game is set in Metro City he, Guy or Maki should be coming early.

I thought the 22 roster were made up of shitty returning picks for a starting roster( Honda, Blanka, Ed, Akuma, and Zangief  ) but it being the base roster made it redeemable to me. 

Any roster below 20 is not a good number at this point the expectations are high, and we are rapid.

Edited by HonebamiX
21 minutes ago, HonebamiX said:

Makoto has been missing for over a decade despite placing second in the SFV poll. Why did they do this poll if it didn't influence their picks for SFV or SF6? Loool

To tease the fanbase as the cruel CapGods laugh at their suffering and longing for long times favourites. Also, the higher hierarchs at Capcom probably feed off the negative energies released by the fanbase in order to prolong their unnatural lifespans.

28 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Bison's lower body (beneath the coat) had a completely different and unfinished shading. It was only corrected a few months after the physical release.

May I remind you of that time Capcom had to get rid of Cammy's nipples that showed in her default because it was too risky for ESPN, and their emergency solution was to flip the textures on her model or something like that, resulting in her knees looking all wrinkly and weird until they finally fixed it in Arcade Edition?

You know, at least one year and a half after the fact?

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

I honestly don't think they were.

Bison's lower body (beneath the coat) had a completely different and unfinished shading. It was only corrected a few months after the physical release. SF5 was made with a lower budget and it ultimately was rushed. Game needed at least 6 more months but Capcom were in a rut.

Minor shit get fixed after launch, SFV had bunch of that

But yeah, that's why i can give the benefit of the doubt during shitlaunch 6 were'nt ready, but beyond heir esports/events obsession bullshit that influenced release choice, if we take that in ideal launch SFV would have got ASF included too as story mode, it would have implied playable Urien,Alex,Rog,Ibuki,Juri,Guile... wich is what i'm saying

If you want to have Season1 pretty close to launch you have to basically arrive launch day with base+S1 done/mostly done -> same project essentially

57 minutes ago, HonebamiX said:

16 would be an extremely disappointing starting  roster even without the knowledge of the leaks.

If the 22 are the first six than any excitement for DLC is entirely dead for me. If 16 is real that  overall they made horrible picks going over a year post-launch with no Final Fight, Alpha, or SFIII characters would be absolutely devastating to the roster IMO.

That's why my hope is if this is the case people smell it and start make noise, perspective of get negativity on launch may push Capcom to throw in 4 of planned for S1 to reach 20

Real question is if people would feel like they're getting 16, if S1 is day one avaible maybe with ingame currency like SFV

Because as you said thing is not much timing to get these 22, but the one year wait for anybody else

4 hours ago, Daemos said:

Adult Sakura, Mika, Bison, and Vega would make for a superb season. Throw in Adult Ibuki plus 1 other long awaited SF3 male character and sales would be through the roof.

Forgot to comment this

That would not feel "superb" season to me, more like money grabbing one

I KNOW a DLC season need to be moneygrabbing too, but done right should be used also to increase cast variety etc... must give credit to SFV/Capcom, there they never ran away from that "duty", some unpopular but good additions have been made even in later season

Sakura,Mika,Bison,Vega,Ibuki,SF3male

Idk

Vega ok good one, dude is iconic, no spaniard in 22, no reason to not return quickly

SF3 male sure, depend who i guess. Dudley would fill pure boxer role, or Hugo the giant one. Popularity say Alex or Urien i guess... they would be welcome, just not as useful

Necro could be decent addition but tbh feel people wanting him because we did'nt got him in sf4/5 more than the char value itself

Sakura,Mika,Ibuki make 3 out 3 girls from japan (rip nation variety they tried to do in first  22) , i would say a Menat would fit more their 22 cast building style.

Plus Sakura would be literally 4th ansatsuken shoto in short time/few seasons

Bison could have honestly (2029 jokes aside) waited S3 or S4, specially considering ASF ending he could have got SFV Gill treatment, bit of story foreshadowing but late addition

Idk, of course nothing is anywhere close to be confirmed, but would feel -to me-  like a disappointing season that does'nt reason much on what cast need and just run after money

Edited by CESTUS III
43 minutes ago, HonebamiX said:

How the fuck did E Honda sneak into the base roster over Alex, or literally anybody with a pulse? Who the fuck wants him so early?  Serious question.

I do, no joke

He's the sumo of SF, want him in SF6

Same reason my first wishlist char are Sagat (muay thai) and Dudley or at least Rog (pure boxing), even if like other missing chars more

Glad they did it in base cast, because they may have lacked the balls to do it wasting a DLC slot that could be more profitable with somebody else, i was legit surprised when SFV did it, specially so late

i was like

<mma4>

almost looked like integrity, wich is'nt first concept i associate with SFV

Only pick i dislike so far of 22 SF6 ones is Akuma, that shit could have waited

Would probably have picked Sagat. Classic iconic char, thailand rep, muay thai rep

32 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Bison could have honestly (2029 jokes aside) waited S3 or S4, specially considering ASF ending he could have got SFV Gill treatment, bit of story foreshadowing but late addition

I actually agree with you (S3). But I'm open to him showing up sooner, it was a pleasant surprise to see his name on the wall. It's been 7-10 years since his last canonical appearance in the timeline. Not that time means anything to him.

I have no issue with a money grubbing Season though. There is plenty of opportunity there but if I were in charge, I'd wanna make as much money as possible in the first 2 years, pack as many big names for the inevitable Super SF6 re-release which will have a marketing push. When that release comes, it needs to have headliners that are recognizable across the world. 

So I think S1-S3 will be jampacked with their top tier IPs  that have instant meme and brand recognition. They may allow 1-2 'lesser' or new characters to slip through in these seasons but they will not repeat the mistake of SFV S2.

Edited by Daemos

From the leaked roster i would had removed either Honda, Blanka or Dhalsim from the SF2 cast and  either Rashid or ED from the SF5 one and i would cut one slot from the newcomers and give that slot to a SF 3 character or a Final Fight character.

Replacements

• Vega or Sagat for the SF 2 cast 
  •  Laura or Kolin for the SF 5 cast
  • SF 3 character, many choices. People keep asking for Makoto but in my opinion Ibuki is far more popular and overall better received as a character. She would be the clear choice here, if not maybe add Dudley since he skipped on SF5 and has a pretty cool style overall.
  • Maki is pretty long overdue and people would like to see her in a modern SF game if not maybe it's time to give old man Haggar a chance. 

Reasons

• Both Vega and Sagat are just as iconic as Blanka ,Honda and Dhalsim  while also being more popular overall. In Sagat's case i would argue he deserved a shot in the initial cast since he was late DLC in SF5 ( season 3 if i recall ).
  • Laura and Kolin. Quite simple here,they added two males from SF5 and no female, i would had went with 1 female and 1 male instead, better choice. 
  • A SF 3 character would be a good choice since they don't show up that often and there seems to be a demand. 
  • A Final Fight character makes 100% sense for a game based in Metro City.

Edited by Skort
8 minutes ago, Skort said:

A SF 3 character would be a good choice since they don't show up that often and there seems to be a demand. 

There isn't a single SF3 character with exception of possibly Ibuki (big if) that has mainstream appeal or brand recognition. Outside of SF/FG community, nobody actually cares for SF3 or even recognizes its characters. This has not changed much since SF3 (Even moment 37 was Chun and Ken). A character either clicks or doesn't with the mainstream. It's rare across games, within games, and the competition is heavy. Juri was able to do it because a great many resources were dedicated to establishing her identity and the game she originates from was extremely well received by the mainstream. 

Within the FGC however, Urien and Ibuki are the biggest winners because of SF5, they actually captured new fans during the V era. Few SF3 characters gained any new fans during SF4 except probably Makoto.

When people say a "character deserves a spot" and then refer to some obscure character they are never going to play seriously like Sodom, they are missing the point on how character selection is made. Each character costs 1-2 million dollars to make, so if the character isn't going to make their money back directly or indirectly then they are unlikely to show up unless they are "carried" by a bigger name in the package they are being sold through.

SF6 can afford 8 new characters off the bat because it is going to give audiences 8-10 beautifully re-imagined SF2 characters to offset them. The leaked base roster is actually really well crafted for the most part and is somewhat risk-averse. They are making sure to hit all the right notes for mainstream audiences - not us.

Edited by Daemos
4 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Even the arcade roster wasn't 16. It had 19 characters. Akuma, Gouken and Seth were hidden characters in vanilla arcade.

Yeah, but I don't think they were actually playable.  They were just bosses in the Arcade version.  So I don't think it's accurate to say they were on the roster. 

2 hours ago, HonebamiX said:

How the fuck did E Honda sneak into the base roster over Alex, or literally anybody with a pulse?

Because SF2.

Edited by DarthEnderX

@Daemos

Then I guess you missed the part where i said Ibuki is the most likely to return from the SF 3 cast.

As for new characters, I welcome new faces yet 7 would still be a good number regardless. Making room for a SF3 / alpha / final fight slot.

Edited by Skort
Just now, DarthEnderX said:

Yeah, but I don't think they were actually playable.  They were just bosses in the Arcade version.  So I don't think it's accurate to say they were on the roster.

SF2's first iteration had 12 characters, 8 playable. But 12. That is an accurate statement.

4 minutes ago, Daemos said:

SF2's first iteration had 12 characters, 8 playable. But 12. That is an accurate statement.

"There were 12 characters in SF2" is accurate.  "There were 12 characters on the SF2 ROSTER" is not.  The roster is who you can actually play as.  It's who's selectable from the CSS.

If you can't play them against other players, they aren't part of the roster.

2 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Akuma was a time release character in vanilla arcade. He was playable. 

Fair enough.

Edited by DarthEnderX
14 minutes ago, Daemos said:

There isn't a single SF3 character with exception of possibly Ibuki (big if) that has mainstream appeal or brand recognition. Outside of SF/FG community, nobody actually cares for SF3 or even recognizes its characters. This has not changed much since SF3 (Even moment 37 was Chun and Ken). A character either clicks or doesn't with the mainstream. It's rare across games, within games, and the competition is heavy. Juri was able to do it because a great many resources were dedicated to establishing her identity and the game she originates from was extremely well received by the mainstream. 

Within the FGC however, Urien and Ibuki are the biggest winners because of SF5, they actually captured new fans during the V era. Few SF3 characters gained any new fans during SF4 except probably Makoto.

When people say a "character deserves a spot" and then refer to some obscure character they are never going to play seriously like Sodom, they are missing the point on how character selection is made. Each character costs 1-2 million dollars to make, so if the character isn't going to make their money back directly or indirectly then they are unlikely to show up unless they are "carried" by a bigger name in the package they are being sold through.

SF6 can afford 8 new characters off the bat because it is going to give audiences 8-10 beautifully re-imagined SF2 characters to offset them. The leaked base roster is actually really well crafted for the most part and is somewhat risk-averse. They are making sure to hit all the right notes for mainstream audiences - not us.

I don't think Capcom is always going to go with the mainstream picks. SFV team went with Birdie for SFV's base roster because he was on no one's radar. It wouldn't surprise me if that same logic is how Gen managed to make it to SF4 and Dee Jay in SF6. There is mainstream potential in SF3 cast if Capcom actually bothered to use them. The female characters introduced in SF3 all have decent followings Capcom can leverage. Dudley, Alex and twins got breakthough potential. 

25 minutes ago, Daemos said:

I have no issue with a money grubbing Season though. There is plenty of opportunity there but if I were in charge, I'd wanna make as much money as possible in the first 2 years, pack as many big names for the inevitable Super SF6 re-release which will have a marketing push. When that release comes, it needs to have headliners that are recognizable across the world.

Yeah that's the split of perspective and wishes between consumer and who have to sell shit 😆

If i was getting money in my pockets from SF6 sales i would say fuck sf and go for the most ignobile season you can imagine, dropping there schoolgirlwaifus, evilryus, akirafromrivalshools, one marvel hero character,pikachu and thatfuckingminecraft crap. Maybe even Negan from walking dead or something

Then go cry about what i've done to SF in my new platinum covered lamborghini receiving oral sex by Amber Heard  (that week later will false declare i attacked her or something, but i will parry that shit like prime Daigo with high price lawyers, one of wich an hot latina that may or not do stuff with me too)

But as guy that gain no % of SF6 sales and just love SF, i hope they build the best cast possible considering variety (nations, martial arts etc), roles, story etc

So while i accept some slots have to go to cashgrab picks, i will ever hope they show in DLC seasons the will to try give me a great, complete cast

Again SFV had 99 flaws but omg, they keept integrity for lot of the seasons

I give credit where it's due, at times SFV had heart at right place

Season 2 was'nt an error, -beyond ignoble Akuma cashgrab, but hey 1 out 6 yay- has been ballsy af and thanks to that they added TONS of identity to SFV as chapter itself

Menat, great chara design and overall great addition under many points of view, fit well story

Kolin, great chara design, bring cool fighting style and an element that was'nt used by anybody (i mean alone, aside Gill), fit well story

Zeku, great char, lot of personality and effort to give us a Bushinryu slot that outdid Guy in many ways (and i'm even mostly considering Old Zeku, not even great fan of Young half)

Ed, good character... i know you hate him for being a potential obstacle/delay element from get more classic Bison, but the char have many merits even if execution was'nt perfect. He add also cool story elements that could have been explored, but that was already the phase where they gave up on story lol (see G absolute non-development)

Abigail sucked as execution, but idea of pick him was'nt bad + i got Giant archetype in SFV (i don't hide would have prefered Hugo)

Overall S2 did lot to estabilish SFV had something to say, if i must think slots wasted i have better examples in mind

I can only hope SF6 will have similar shit, watching 22 their way to do new character in SF6 seems good SF style (maybe just return to add new males too lol, ever found SF ratio fair for a fight game) and i want to see more, i'm sure we can afford to free Kage slot, Boobs Seth slot and probably some more if they have interesting shit to offer 🤣

54 minutes ago, Skort said:

From the leaked roster i would had removed either Honda, Blanka or Dhalsim from the SF2 cast

Replacements :

• Vega or Sagat for the SF 2 cast 

Would agree to push Blanka back to "someday" Season like in SFV and get Sagat instead (even if i dig Blanka 6 design)

It's possible they don't plan Laura or Sean anytime soon so maybe Blanka hold that Brazil lil flag

57 minutes ago, Skort said:

Laura or Kolin for the SF 5 cast

Manon may have murdered Laura (and my boy Abel) chances, who knows

I prefer Laura over Sean, but guess really lot depend how Manon style is

Guess if Laura ever sneak in, 99% they will be rivals

Kolin idk

Great character, but inevitably linked to Gill/Illuminati plot, guess her release is linked to story development

If is of any consolation to you that seems to care A.K.I. is essentially a female product of SF5 😁

16 minutes ago, Daemos said:

There isn't a single SF3 character with exception of possibly Ibuki (big if) that has mainstream appeal or brand recognition.

I will not tolerate this slander of the greatest Street Fighter character of all time, the phenomenal sensation that swept an entire continent, the one and only.

I'm obviously talking about Remy here.

Remy, the true OG. The same Remy who... Let me check the wiki one moment.

Okay, alright he... "Preserved the corpse of his sister in a block of ice underwater in the Bay of Biscay"?

I mean, sure, it's kinda like Bedman from Guilty Gear but without the bed and with his sister actually dead, but who are we to judge when one of our OGs is a Brazilian kid who fell in the Amazons and turned green and electric.

Surely, there's something more uplifting in here somewhere.

Let's see...

He hates fighting and people who fight, but fights anyways because he's basically an edgelord who resents his father abandoning him...

It's speculated that his looks and attitude have been influenced by "Gen X" and "MTV generation" stuff from the '90s...

He only has one interaction with Alex out of the entire cast, and Alex thinks he's insane and needs a therapist or a psychiatrist...

He's French...

He snitches to the police!?

Alright, that's it, this character is trash.

I can sympathize with freezing your relatives' corpses underneath the ocean, I can understand resorting to casual violence as an alternative to mental health treatment, I can even tolerate the edgelord "Gen X" stuff, and even the Frenchness, but snitching to the police is where I draw the line. This is too much!

40 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I don't think Capcom is always going to go with the mainstream picks. SFV team went with Birdie for SFV's base roster because he was on no one's radar. It wouldn't surprise me if that same logic is how Gen managed to make it to SF4 and Dee Jay in SF6. There is mainstream potential in SF3 cast if Capcom actually bothered to use them. The female characters introduced in SF3 all have decent followings Capcom can leverage. Dudley, Alex and twins got breakthough potential. 

As I said, you can get away with characters like Birdie - take the creative risk - if it is packaged with something that will absorb any potential damage. A perfect example is Season 2 of SF5; they packaged very risky characters with Akuma because he is extremely popular within the FGC and abroad. You can take such risks if they are calculated.

I'm not sure about Alex anymore. People whined so hard about him during SF5, when he finally arrived he fell so flat (for many reasons). Karin on the other hand was highly requested before SF5 and SF5 only further cemented her iconhood.

19 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Would agree to push Blanka back to "someday" Season like in SFV and get Sagat instead (even if i dig Blanka 6 design)

Blanka is well-loved by the people. Blanka earned his spot. I'd rather have both of them instead of some rando from other entries. 

34 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Overall S2 did lot to estabilish SFV had something to say, if i must think slots wasted i have better examples in mind

I loved S2 btw. It took balls to make it, and really helped carve out the identity of SF5 and was the perfect build up to AE. But it pissed off a lot of people at the time. We had those silhouettes remember? Everyone was playing that guessing game and each time it was revealed that it was not a returning character left people a little more sour.

54 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Blanka is well-loved by the people.

Jokes aside, something I'd like to see from SFVI is bringing back those Street Fighter characters that haven't transitioned yet onto modern Street Fighter games, and there should be only a handful of them left at this point. Sodom, Eagle and Maki from Alpha, and Necro, Sean and the aforementioned Remy from III who'd really need a narrative redesign because as he is he fits the Street Fighter mood very poorly.

We kinda got Q to return in V in some way, since G is basically a redesign of Q and his story is implied to be closely connected as well, even if we don't know how exactly yet. Revisiting Twelve would be interesting because, beneath him being a non functional mess of a character, gameplay-wise he was definitely unique and could have been something if he didn't have shit damage and no combos, and he was one of the best animated characters in Third Strike in spite of being a white shape-shifting blob. Kind of a hard sell though, that's someone else who might need a complete overhaul.

So it's only 7 or 8 characters in total depending on how you consider Q, and a few of them have a fanbase too that's not insignificant. That's few enough that you can gradually mix them with other legacy characters and newcomers to sweeten the deal.

I guess there are also Juni and Juli in there, but good luck selling extra Cammy functions and I think Decapre in IV does a better job at filling their role as Cammy clone that plays different from her.

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

Blanka is well-loved by the people. Blanka earned his spot. I'd rather have both of them instead of some rando from other entries. 

I don't mind Blanka and i think SF6 redesign is better than any alt he ever got (in b4 anybody talk about business Blanka, SF6 one is better), this brazilian rural countryside vibe feels about right, i think they really nailed it

Was replying to the opinion Sagat could have took Honda, Sim or Blanka slot

Honda is sumo rep and a char at risk of not make it to DLC, keep

Sim is even more unique than Blanka with all his crazy powers and story wise i loved how much respect he got in SFV (aside from Alex lmao), keep

Blanka is the least useful of the trio AND at same time probably most loved, let his swim his way back to DLC

Now, question iss: i would threw Blanka off his slot to let the Muay Thai King take it?

Only acceptable answer is "Tiger Knee!"

Btw was'nt talking about erase him, just to push him back for a bit to make room for Sagat

All just hypothetic scenario btw, it is what it is