Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

The Raging Demon is so 1994. It can't kill for shit. The attack Akuma develops at the end of SF4 and again at the end of 3S are more powerful than SGS and arguably the strongest/most destructive canonical attacks we've seen so far. 

There is also no canonical sources to place the power level of Oro and Gill's attacks AFAIK. All the Illuminati Secret Techniques are OP AF but are they stronger than Shin Shoryuken? From a visual stand point they may appear to be but Rose's SF5 CA looks like a small tactical nuke.

Chun-Li's super Kikosho can also create craters the size of a football field according to Aftermath, and Bison can more than match that one with the Psycho Explosion also seen in that OVA (in game the closest equivalent would be MvC's Super). Speaking of Bison, the Final Psycho Crusher is up there. Bison was using his Psycho Power in SFA3 to literally blow up entire cities, and the Final Psycho Crusher is his bodily manifestation of all that power. It is very likely to be stronger than anything Gill and Oro could muster.

18 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Did anyone here know that Karin was originally suppose to make her debut in Marvel vs Street Fighter? I just came across this and I thought it was wild. She was going to be a head swap of Sakura

https://rq87.flyingomelette.com/RQ/PP/MSHSF/1.html

yup it was dig before, sf2 has a lot also.

19 hours ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

Thoughts in regards to attack strength canoncity?

most of them become powerful because of their story

but in terms of indimidating looking without the flashiness and backstory that would be gill and oro

Edited by Shakunetsu
19 hours ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

Thoughts in regards to attack strength canoncity?

Not sure i would place Ryu's Shin Shoryuken up with the Bosses, even if effectively in SFV he's equal/superior to Bison and later in SF3 is considered equal to Gill, and current SF6 Ryu is implied to be stronger than SF3 one (Gill power in SF6 yet to be determined)

But that's his potential, not sure if Shin Shoryuken itself reflect it fully... iirc canon wise Ryu landed a SS on Hugo and Hugo somehow tanked it, i've hard time imagine Capcom make Hugo (despite physically strong he may be as giant) , a "normal" character without much plot shield NOT getting 1-shotted by the ultimate technique of a legit Boss

I partially agree with @Daemos, not sure SGS have to be still considered Akuma's most powerful technique, even if Akuma is being pushed to evolve his game not because SGS was'nt powerful enough but because has been discovered a wayto defend from it

Gouken is of Bosses league and i don't know if his SF4 Shin Shoryuken is more or less powerful than Ryu one... guess SF6 Ryu "denjin" version may be next level of it

After all Gouken's peak has been a defensive thing, his best ever feat has been use Mu no Ken perfect defense to stalemate Akuma

Oni would have been surely there, but he's not canon

Wonder if Gen in best day should be counted there, possible

19 hours ago, Daemos said:

There is also no canonical sources to place the power level of Oro and Gill's attacks AFAIK.

For Oro we know he was strongest SF character together with Akuma by SF3 time (their power in SF6 yet to be determined), and we know back to that point he can kill Akuma (and be killed, mutual destruction)

Fair to think his ultimate technique is supposed to be maximum level of SF shit, even if indeed i don't think there's any canon episode involving Yagyou-Oodama

Gill is even more tricky shit

For sure in the mind of SF3 developers (and their antagonist mood toward SF2) that created him he was supposed to be more powerful than Bison, in SFV with new developers idk, even if i think he still is

But reality is that beyond Oro in SF3 declaring him and Ryu have around same potential, and now in SFV see him go through Urien and G (not sure of this) without efforts, indeed we never seen him in actual battle to judge much

The biggest mystery is Seraphic Wings that despite being his ultimate technique (and at least on visual side seem to be implied to be immensely powerful) not only has never been used (as far i know) but is also not his "Sixty-Six Secret Arts" technique... wich is instead Resurrection

As pure guess i believe Seraphic Wings is a bit of "what if" move, something that Gill can use if he ever needs to unleash 100% of what he got, but was never pushed to that point

47 minutes ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

I still remember the moment I did a FAB against Shin Akuma in Alpha 2. Zangief showed the charging animation, then suddenly Akuma began his SGS, seemingly evading the FAB under my nose. I was like "FUUUU" but... Gief instantly grabbed him out of his SGS. Muscle Power wins!
Too bad I didn't record that.

Muscle Power is the Truth

4 hours ago, BootyWarrior said:

That whole Hugo vs Ryu ordeal was made up by the fans.

Shocked GIFs | Tenor

4 hours ago, BootyWarrior said:

If Ryu's regular Shoryuken can scar Sagat then a Shin Shoryuken should outright murder it's victim like a MK fatality.

I think Ryu would still control it enough to not do excessive damage to his opponent, he does'nt strike to kill

Consider Zangief does'nt kill people when he SPD them on concrete (like to HELP his FRIEND Abel 🤣), i think in SF world to kill somebody is about mood lol

6 hours ago, BornWinner said:

I’m not sure how different they were in the English version of the game, but someone did a video of all the translated winquotes from Alpha 3.

VERY different. He did a very good job, and I see he also updated the Streetfighterwiki as well with all the right quotes.
The English quotes were more or less ten for each character, all random and NOT character specific like the Japanese ones. Some were really stupid (I remember Ingrid TICKLING her opponent, WTF?), others completely missed the point (Sodom's ones, with him speaking incorrect Japanese using English words mashed together).

Edited by Miðgarðsorm
10 hours ago, BornWinner said:

I’m not sure how different they were in the English version of the game, but someone did a video of all the translated winquotes from Alpha 3.

8:51 Mike Bison/Balrog VS Chun-Li: Women don't need muscles! What I'd want from you is more meat on that bust!

WOW! And I though his WQ to Cammy in Vanilla SF4 was somewhat heavy!

5 hours ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

VERY different. He did a very good job, and I see he also updated the Streetfighterwiki as well with all the right quotes.
The English quotes were more or less ten for each character, all random and NOT character specific like the Japanese ones. Some were really stupid (I remember Ingrid TICKLING her opponent, WTF?), others completely missed the point (Sodom's ones, with him speaking incorrect Japanese using English words mashed together).

Actually they were 4 for the arcade version and 8 in the home ports (the same 4 + another new set of 4).

He also did one video with all characters WQ from 3rdStrike (although I think VS Gill WQs are missing):

I'll ask him if I can add those to our guide (that i haven't touched since january, sigh). Giving him credit, of course.

34 minutes ago, ShockDingo said:

Hey all, I've been working on a vid for over a year and it's huge!  I take a look back as Street Fighter 3, reintroduce people to the cast and focus on some obscure info! I heavily focus on the final revelations of G via Rose's storymode, take a look at just what the heck the G-File is and more! I hope you all enjoy! Huge thanks to @Miðgarðsorm@bakfromonand @Lord_Vega!

Congrats man and everyone involve.

Would watch it later after finishing a lot of task i have lately.  This work looks very promising.

1 hour ago, ShockDingo said:

Hey all, I've been working on a vid for over a year and it's huge!  I take a look back as Street Fighter 3, reintroduce people to the cast and focus on some obscure info! I heavily focus on the final revelations of G via Rose's storymode, take a look at just what the heck the G-File is and more! I hope you all enjoy! Huge thanks to @Miðgarðsorm@bakfromonand @Lord_Vega!

There is one apocalypse prophecy that has been running through the entire SF series. I think what G and Rose are referring to is what Bison revealed to Rose in the Alpha era. We all thought it was the Black Moons event but apparently that was not it. Bison of course knew this. He outright says "They have no way of stopping this. Soon everything will come to an end" in his SF5 character story. Bison does not lie. What he was referring to was not the Black Moons but something much greater which may help explain why he was so chill in SF5 all the way through the end. Everyone is playing a part in this and Bison understood everyone's role...

Rose going back in time to change what is fated is actually a corruption of what she believes if she ever dared to go that far, but she will likely become more powerful than ever before if she did. 

2sGuQkp.png

Edited by Daemos

Thanks @ShockDingo

This was very informative and enjoyable to follow through.

I was surprise to see that there was kinda a connection with Sakura and G, I have never noticed it

I never thought that Urien and Gill weren't real siblings it would be interesting someday that we would see other non-biological brothers what they had become or where they ended in the secret society.

The golden eye in the costume was an interesting connection

Good insight that G and Gill having some sort of barrier that nullify those that metal intrusion? that makes fortune telling and other psychic abilities useless

Interesting in depth information with Tom and Urien, I really hope Capcom would make something special with Tom later in SF6

That's an interesting thing to think about if Alex is not just an ordinary person to think about but another like those from the Secret Society that probably Tom took away with him.

The connection of Viper and the rest of those agent that investigate Q would be the better route, Someone at Capcom should look into this specially the Q and G stories.

I just wished good luck for everyone that hopes for Sean and I hope that we will hear some news about Remy backstory which is interesting like connecting it with the new Russian old man that might be a psycho power user too

As for Rose on back to Alpha and alternate reality thoughts here is some speculation :

What if some endings in ALPHA 3 was from an alternate events that took part in a separate reality

• A reality that Nash still died but in a different manner and didn't revived by the Secret Society
  • A reality that every Psycho Drive and hidden base was found by Street Fighters in ALPHA 3 
  • A reality where the dolls related to THawk had been rescued by him.
  • A reality that Maki became involved and search for Guy
  • Speaking of Guy and Rose, this made me think of Final Fight GBA port with Alpha Costume playthrough instead

15 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

Thanks @ShockDingo

This was very informative and enjoyable to follow through.

I was surprise to see that there was kinda a connection with Sakura and G, I have never noticed it

I never thought that Urien and Gill weren't real siblings it would be interesting someday that we would see other non-biological brothers what they had become or where they ended in the secret society.

The golden eye in the costume was an interesting connection

Good insight that G and Gill having some sort of barrier that nullify those that metal intrusion? that makes fortune telling and other psychic abilities useless

Interesting in depth information with Tom and Urien, I really hope Capcom would make something special with Tom later in SF6

That's an interesting thing to think about if Alex is not just an ordinary person to think about but another like those from the Secret Society that probably Tom took away with him.

The connection of Viper and the rest of those agent that investigate Q would be the better route, Someone at Capcom should look into this specially the Q and G stories.

I just wished good luck for everyone that hopes for Sean and I hope that we will hear some news about Remy backstory which is interesting like connecting it with the new Russian old man that might be a psycho power user too

As for Rose on back to Alpha and alternate reality thoughts here is some speculation :

What if some endings in ALPHA 3 was from an alternate events that took part in a separate reality

• A reality that Nash still died but in a different manner and didn't revived by the Secret Society
  • A reality that every Psycho Drive and hidden base was found by Street Fighters in ALPHA 3 
  • A reality where the dolls related to THawk had been rescued by him.
  • A reality that Maki became involved and search for Guy
  • Speaking of Guy and Rose, this made me think of Final Fight GBA port with Alpha Costume playthrough instead

Thanks! Glad you liked it!

Yeah, the visual connection between Sakura and G was wild, if it wasn't for Ta Nooki, I would have never noticed any of that; the scarf's design, ear piece, anything. I'm wondering if that's all a huge coincidence or yet another thing left on the cutting room floor for SFV

I remember in one of the comments on my previous video someone wondered if G's gold works almost like a psychic Faraday cage, could be an interesting application of his power.

I'm really curious to see what they're going to do with Rose for SF6, is it that she's already enacted her plan or she's been waiting to gather resources for years? I'd love to see a story trailer at EVO with her narrating it.

I was checking some of the win quotes for characters and i got to Falke.

Not gonna lie...despite a traumatic childhood ( being kidnapped by Shadaloo bastards ) she seems like one of the few normal people out there in the SF universe. She just wants to be left alone and can't be bothered to fight "just because"

Falke for SF 6 Capcom ?  

Dby_ZAdX4AEZrk6.png

Edited by Skort
1 hour ago, Skort said:

I was checking some of the win quotes for characters and i got to Falke.

Not gonna lie...despite a traumatic childhood ( being kidnapped by Shadaloo bastards ) she seems like one of the few normal people out there in the SF universe. She just wants to be left alone and can't be bothered to fight "just because"

Falke for SF 6 Capcom ?  

Unline Ed, there's no information about Falke being kidnapped by Shadaloo, at least as far as I know. The few sources about it leads toward she being created from scratch, just like Abel and Cammy.

Ed had some hints here and there about him being kidnapped. His April fool's story concerning Hado Stone, the way the text was written in japanese about him being raised in a lab instead of being created like in the overseas versionon his story mode. Visual Book 2 mentions him being experienced on with Vega/Bison's DNA.

Falke seems to want a normal life with Ed  (either as a brother or a love interest)... however, that doesn't seem to be Ed's (and Vega/Bison's) will. So she will follow him in the battlefield that's might come towards their way as a member of the Neo Shadaloo.

Since Ed will be in SF6, there's a good chance Falke will be there too. in not playable, at least as a NPC.

Edited by Lord_Vega
On 7/17/2022 at 10:30 PM, Miðgarðsorm said:

Some were really stupid (I remember Ingrid TICKLING her opponent, WTF?), others completely missed the point (Sodom's ones, with him speaking incorrect Japanese using English words mashed together).

Alpha 2 also had some hugely stupid gaffes not just with quotes but endings and pre-match dialogue when looking at Japanese FAQs in comparison to English quotes. I think the only accurate CPS2 game translations were the Megaman ones. Darkstalkers also had tons more quotes. It's a shame because there is absolutely no excuse since there usually aren't any character space limitations like SNK's games.

14 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Ryu looks like crap. 

In most shots looks good, default pose look like crap 

First three things to fix would be 

- waist feels wide, i know they purposely prefer Ryu being less V shaped than Ken and more rectangle torso, but this shit is too much, kills any dynamism from his line 

-belt looks loose af, like lazy dumb kids do it lmao... further kill dynamism 

-pants looks low, make legs look shorter, guess the result  

tomorrow will try a shoop

15 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

In most shots looks good, default pose look like crap 

First three things to fix would be 

- waist feels wide, i know they purposely prefer Ryu being less V shaped than Ken and more rectangle torso, but this shit is too much, kills any dynamism from his line 

-belt looks loose af, like lazy dumb kids do it lmao... further kill dynamism 

-pants looks low, make legs look shorter, guess the result  

tomorrow will try a shoop

He looks like an old red-eyed drunk in oversized clothes in the default pose. Compare him to how damn handsome he looked in SF3. Not my Ryu.

Edited by Daemos
7 minutes ago, Daemos said:

He looks like an old red-eyed drunk in oversized clothes in the default pose. Compare him to how damn handsome he looked in SF3. Not my Ryu.

For the face not much can be done, fit SF6 style as expected 

At times does look decent, at times not

But the gi looking so shitty legit surprised me

32 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Ok but why are his eyes red? Why does he look disheveled and stoned? 

One day Luke offered Ryu and Ken a joint.

From that day Ryu would become hopelessly addicted to Marijuana, it being the only way he could keep the Satsui no Hado and Kage under control, while Ken would fall into the spiral of stronger and more harmful drugs like crack cocaine and heroin, which is also how he ended up divorced and with Eliza getting the custody of Mel.

And this, kids, is why winners don't do drugs.

Marijuana (the devil's weed) KILLS!