Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

11 minutes ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

I enjoyed Shadow Falls. The story kept me engaged from beginning to end. No skipped cutscenes or anything.

Those who know me know that I'm a huge DBZ fan. When I knew DBFZ was going to have a long Story Mode, I was excited. Fast-forward to now. I still haven't gone beyond completing 1% of it. Lol. I don't think I'll ever complete it. 

Curious to see how Capcom is going to handle the story in Arcade Mode. Will it be a typical random ladder or will the fights all be story focused?

A part of me believes SFV's Character Story might be merged into SF6's Arcade Mode. 

Might have different boss battles like Alpha 2 as well.

Would be nice to see bonus stages return as well. SFV only had the barrels, so it was pretty forgettable. I want to see something different.

Overall, I'm pretty excited to see what's in store for Arcade.

Don't want to piss in anyone's cornflakes but I don't think SFVI is going to have an Arcade Mode. Not at launch, anyway. They revealed a bunch of stuff but no word on it. Not even in passing. Don't be surprised if it's not there.

On the other hand, I can see them adding one further down the line, combining it with the Character Story mode from V and fixed Rival Battles like in IV. Something like, "animated" prologue (SFV-like) three random fights, first rival, with unique cutscenes, three more random fights, second rival, sub-boss (AKI?), final boss (JP), "animated" ending. That would be cool.

9 minutes ago, Daemos said:

I'll concede if you present the official source, but AFAIK no such info was ever given out by Capcom. Necalli was never stated to be the final boss. People projected onto him a lot of things because he had a badass presentation and then were let down by their own expectations.

No, you keep repeat the fan speculation of very similar thing -wich indeed existed as fan thory- but is'nt what i'm talking about

I'm talking about an interview or maybe a twit (possibly by Nakayama iirc) where was said by some Capcom-person that it was indeed the original idea and that they had to drop it, that ASF original plan was changed mid run because SFV launch forced their hand

Can't find it on google, we posted it here though, i think was this summer or spring, would say i even remember to have talked with you about it lol

As said, will not go seek backward through all pages just to make a point, if you legit don't remember that's fine 😀

28 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Changing appearance after hundreds of years of slumber isn't the same as taking on their powers or skills.

Of course he does to absorb powers, that's why he feed on strong fighters... skills no idea, could very well just convert them in extra ki and that's about it

But in this specific case if Bison mind was someway alive within Necalli body he -and from here yes, is a theory- would have likely fought either like Bison (if Bison is in total control) or like a mix of the two chars (if Necalli and Bison mind had to coexist in same body)

If you put my mind in a 10yo kid that never did anything but play Lego, that kid would know how to throw a jab with correct feet placement, or how to apply an armbar, because this stuff is is part of the info in my mind not in my body

Plus for Psycho Power we know Bison have the ability to use it entering new bodies (just see every shell he used), it's very part of him as character

Btw an interesting detail is that last desperate punch of WP before be absorbed may be a wink at Necalli VT CA where instead unleash bunch of savage claw-hand attacks, he ends it with a single lead punch to the rib cage, even more if done by the 2P side... Nec is supposed to be the enemy after all, and symbolically would make it more impactful as a lead right to the heart

Necalli - SFV Story Mode Gameplay | PlayStation 4 | IGZ Gameplay - YouTube

Street Fighter V: Necalli Reveal Trailer - YouTube

position is kinda similar if you consider punch has been already thrown and his posture is dsturbed by Necalli's grabbing his head at same time

Notice also in each other clash WP imagined fighters used kinda signature attack (hadoken, yoga fire, psycho crusher), for some sort of visual continuity is possible that punch to the heart was last PW special technique and that Nec learned/stole it absorbing him

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

Furthermore in his character story, we see him consume several warriors and never changing as the tale unfolds.

I noticed that too, that's explanation i came with

The "prophecy" (wich did'nt really happened was just a vision) does'nt show him change look at all, because that's simply how Warrior Prophet visualized Necalli

Is like he can have a vision of Necalli (and future fighters) look, but can't see Necalli's transformations

But that's false/uncomplete vision as in the only fight that actually happened, Necalli eating WP, we seen consume just WP was enough for him to physically change, so there's no reason eating Ryu (let alone Ryu+Sim+Bison) would not transform Nec, unless the tranformation process takes a lot, but i doubt

Another proof of WP vision to be incomplete, and specifically wrong about Necally look, is that he visualize him in his statue-like form in his clash with future fighters, but in reality we know that when Necalli reach the day of meet Ryu for the first time, he does'nt look statue-like anymore, because he already absorbed the Warrior Prophet himself

I think all cinematic stories have their pros and cons mechanic wise.

Mortal Kombat/NRS games

Pros

• Chapters get you familiar with character’s playstyle by making you play them consecutively.

• The story is self-contained so you don’t need to play any other mode to get context (for example, character story in SFV and Xrd’s arcade mode). You can just hop in.

Cons

• Chapters are only given to heroic characters, villains that are fighting worse villains, and Scorpion. Because of this, it can make villains who are supposed to be menacing (Shao Kahn/The Revenants) or cool (Erron Black) look like complete chumps. It reaches its extreme when all three new characters in MK11 (two of them being an immortal guardian that can control time and the only playable Elder God in the series) are jobbers because they are villains. Because of the chapter system. Shao Kahn, Sindel, and Shang Tsung did end up getting their own chapters in MK11 Aftermath, but it ends up being a moot point because anything they did ends up not mattering with the reset.

• The chapter system also give the characters of the chapter massive plot armor. With the exception of Kung Lao in MK9, there is nothing to worry about because they will beat anybody (like Kung Jin Vs Kotal Kahn). It also makes it more jarring when they aren’t the focus and get folded elsewhere.

Guilty Gear

Pros

• It’s a movie, so they don’t need to force any irrelevant fights like other story modes tend to do. This also leads to villains being proper threatening without having to worry about them jobbing. Bedman, Ariels, Nagoriyuki, Happy Chaos, and I-No are able to be as cool, scary, and as menacing as they can be.

Cons
• Because it’s a movie, there is no gameplay. If you want to play something, go anywhere else. I know some people who are absolutely confused by this decision and disregard the story entirely.

Tekken 7

Pros

• Adds some variety to the mode that isn’t just fighting one person. Sometimes you can face multiple guys on one lifebar, or even end up in a shoot-em-up sequence. 
• Intersperses cutscenes in the middle of matches. It’s small, but it makes important fights feel much more like a spectacle.

Cons

• It’s entirely focused on the Mishimas, those closest to them, Akuma. If you’re not a fan of them, then too bad. The “stories” other characters received are laughably bad and turns most of them into jokes.
• This probably falls more into narrative than a mechanic, but the narrator is awful. Breaking up cool fights and events with an unconnected character with the driest voice ever is one of the worst decisions that game’s story made.

Street Fighter V: A Shadow Falls

Pros

• Fights are by character so logically you don’t have to see villains jobbing or heroes having too much plot armor. Rashid loses his first match against FANG, Ryu loses his first fight against Necali, Chun-Li loses to Bison, etc.

• Because it’s by character, this allows you to play multiple characters (base roster and first season DLC) and give them some relevancy in the story.

• More of a bonus, but you can have characters in their alternate costumes. You can enhance scenes like having the damaged Bison costume for when Nash performs his sacrifice  and having Bearded Ryu after his off-screen training or make scenes to silly to take serious like Chun comforting Li-Fen in her swimsuit and just having Guile as a zombie.

Cons

• Because they try to fit every character into the story, it has the most “he and you must fight” type of matches out of any other story. Which leads to such fights like Birdie fighting a Doll over food and Alex thinking Dhalsim is a mugger. Making them feel more irrelevant they weren’t given any important story fights and being disconnected.

Overall, I think SFV had the best mechanics out of everyone. You actually play the game unlike Guilty Gear, villains can look like badasses unlike Mortal Kombat, and  gives other characters focus unlike Tekken 7. If it was written a bit better or actually launched with the game, I think those deriding it wouldn’t have been as critical as they are now.

Edited by BornWinner

Winner's post just reminded me of how behind I am with these stories.

Story Modes I have yet to complete: DBFZ, Tekken 7, Soul Calibur 6, Power Rangers, Granblue, Skullgirls, MK11, Injustice 1 and 2, Blazblue Cross Tag Battle, DNF

Story Modes I have completed over the past few yrs: SFV, MVCI, MKX

The last Story Mode I believe I played for a good bit was Power Rangers. It was fine. I just never completed it. It had your typical dialogue, cutscenes, and fights. 

Games like KOF XIV/XV and SamSho have a "Story Mode", but it's really Arcade Mode under a different name.

To be honest, I'm super hyped for World Tour Mode. If the Arcade is nice and robust, everything will be perfect all across the board.

1 hour ago, DarthEnderX said:

He literally looks up to them.

I don't think Yun & Yang were old enough they needed a replacement...

Think age wise there is'nt much gap, maybe they're like Yun/Yang 25yo and Jaime 18/19yo? Seems very young and playful

I think they just wanted a new char, so make him pay homage to Yun/Yang seems just a gesture

Wonder if we will see them in WT, and even more if we will see Fei Long

3 hours ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

Winner's post just reminded me of how behind I am with these stories.

Story Modes I have yet to complete: DBFZ, Tekken 7, Soul Calibur 6, Power Rangers, Granblue, Skullgirls, MK11, Injustice 1 and 2, Blazblue Cross Tag Battle, DNF

Story Modes I have completed over the past few yrs: SFV, MVCI, MKX

The last Story Mode I believe I played for a good bit was Power Rangers. It was fine. I just never completed it. It had your typical dialogue, cutscenes, and fights. 

Games like KOF XIV/XV and SamSho have a "Story Mode", but it's really Arcade Mode under a different name.

To be honest, I'm super hyped for World Tour Mode. If the Arcade is nice and robust, everything will be perfect all across the board.

Soul Calibur 6 is a interesting. The basically craft the narrative so your create a character is important yet an almost background player in some ways. I have my issues with the story mode but I enjoyed it enough to finish it twice on console. I really don't like how you can't just take a create a character and port it into story, you have to create them from scratch.

So far there are only 2 let down in SF6 for me the initial character roster

And the no-storymode, I just hope it's not to play with every character and not too long like playtime is 30 minutes and separate from other story, I'm okay with individual story back. 

7 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I guess it was a victim of them rushing the game out the door. I liked concept. Base Necalli was essentially "Evil Ryu", his own power ruled over him. He was an instinctual beast. V-Trigger Necalli was the "Akuma", he ruled over his power. It did not control him.

Were exactly on the same thoughts here, His basically the filler Akuma as Seth is the Filler Bison in SF4

Might had cost of the disaster of SFV vanilla that they even rush in to tease AKUMA as  immediate DLC 

And the Trailer says a lot of their intention for Necali

48 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Soul Calibur 6 is a interesting. The basically craft the narrative so your create a character is important yet an almost background player in some ways. I have my issues with the story mode but I enjoyed it enough to finish it twice on console. I really don't like how you can't just take a create a character and port it into story, you have to create them from scratch.

From what I played of it, I loved it. I mainly stopped playing because I started focusing on other things, but it was pretty engaging when I played.

I don't believe I ever touched Soul Chronicle at all. Did you ever finish that? It seems like a packed mode.

Soul Calibur 6 has great content. 

47 minutes ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

From what I played of it, I loved it. I mainly stopped playing because I started focusing on other things, but it was pretty engaging when I played.

I don't believe I ever touched Soul Chronicle at all. Did you ever finish that? It seems like a packed mode.

Soul Calibur 6 has great content. 

Yeah it's hard to describe. To me, your character is really important but doesn't seem to diminish the rest of the cast, if that makes sense. 

Edit: Getting back to Necalli. The original, pre-Arcade Edition, intro movie for SFV closes on Necalli. The five logo forms from his face.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
8 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yeah it's hard to describe. To me, your character is really important but doesn't seem to diminish the rest of the cast, if that makes sense.

Yeah, in SC6 your CaS role was handled with cool balance even in the story too, kinda showed the path between official cast and CaS

Probably helps my priority ever been keep all consistent with style of the host game, and start with recreations that are part of SC canon universe... from there generate originals that fit the game lore give the feel you're not creating strange stuff wich is a thing of it's own, but just work on expanding same universe of Mitsurugi and Siegfried

I think will have pretty similar approach in SF6, hoping editor will offer the tools

Will probably start creating a "Season" (like 6 char, 4m 2f) that fit as much as possible SF style, then for a while guess will work on recreations of missing SF chars

Just hope we will not have to wait long before cool stuff in terms of items, so far i mostly seen super plain shit done on purpose to push you go DLC for decent pieces... kinda cheap attitude, but whatever lol

8 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Edit: Getting back to Necalli. The original, pre-Arcade Edition, intro movie for SFV closes on Necalli. The five logo forms from his face.

👍

Just wish i could find that interview that confirm it was indeed the original plan, but no idea how to find it beyond the not going to happen dig backward for hours this thread lol

2 hours ago, PVL_93_RU said:

You can use quotation marks around words/phrases to make Google search for that specific wording around the web

yeah problem is as far i can remember we don't have any particular strong/unique word for search purpose, surely "Necalli" and "Bison" (or was M.Bison? lol) were in, but does'nt shrink the area by much, tried also adding "kill" or "killing" because i think to remember was surely in in one of the two forms

"Shadow fall" was probably in too, but did'nt changed things

Would probably  help the name of who made the statement, tried with Nakayama but IF was him did'nt helped either

Tried both google and search function in this thread (and look if SF wiki updated Nec's profile), found nothing 😅

Edited by CESTUS III
4 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Would probably  help the name of who made the statement, tried with Nakayama but IF was him did'nt helped either

The problem is also that, as far as I remember, the first explicit declaration about "Necalli should've been the boss, eaten Bison and blah blah blah" was from... the supposed "leaker" who said that "he knew the developers" and that everyone would've been pissed about Ken because Ken was DIVORCED. And we know how accurate that turned out. 😏

Through all this last summer, everyone just kept parroting that BS, and even though the fact that Necalli should have been the boss during SFV inception was a common suspect in fandom (I suspect the same thing, but we have no proof), I don't recall anyone from the developers' side explicitly admitting that.

Edited by Miðgarðsorm

Necali being a boss is more of an assumption based on the earlier public presentation like trailers but not something of a developer interview

G something being a boss is from a written material

The thing is the cinematic mode was rushed because of the huge backlash on SFV that some even breaking their CDs

We even had previews of EXTRA BATTLE that were different, like phantom bison vs chun li but instead it was used in cinematic mode for NASH

Still many demanded for the Extra Battle to be something different, hence they released it but no Phantom Bison fighting Chun li

JpCgDHI.png

Take note the fight between Phantom Bison and Nash in cinematic mode is non-sense, Since Bison is "alive" and not dead.

It's a pointless filler battle that isn't even a distinctive to what memory flashback is. 

And later on stated in Phantom's Bison CFN profile that it was supposed to represent Bison without a physical body, it also appears in Falke storyline.

https://news.capcomusa.com/lets/browse/sfv-character-story-costumes-and-new-mode-details

Edited by Shakunetsu
20 minutes ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

The problem is also that, as far as I remember, the first explicit declaration about "Necalli should've been the boss, eaten Bison and blah blah blah" was from... the supposed "leaker" who said that "he knew the developers" and that everyone would've been pissed about Ken because Ken was DIVORCED. And we know how accurate that turned out. 😏

Through all this last summer, everyone just kept parroting that BS, and even though the fact that Necalli should have been the boss during SFV inception was a common suspect in fandom (I suspect the same thing, but we have no proof), I don't recall anyone from the developers' side explicitly admitting that.

Lol must have been that, guess the Capcom side of the thing i thought to remember could be indeed the guy himself declaring he had ties with developers

@Daemosseems you was right

Alright, I Concede. GIF - Concede I Concede Alrighr I Concede - Discover &  Share GIFs

1 hour ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

Well that's good to know. I have to take the L then. @Daemosis right.

5 hours ago, PVL_93_RU said:

Anyways, have you guys already compiled all the current winquotes in a single place yet? If not I could go through all the SF6 footage currently up and make a post here from every character since I've got nothing better to do lol

If helps SF wiki got some, copy paste ftw 😄

Of course many are missing, but in this thread probably we have material to cover lot of the holes

RYU

• "We've known each other for so long, yet I still learn something new every time we fight."
  • "Drunken Boxing might be a tricky fighting style, but I can tell you're honest at heart."
  • "You know talking has never been my strong suit. I prefer to let my fists speak for me."
  • "Your fists show you the path forward. I see my younger self in you."
  • No matter how far I come, the one I must face... is myself.

LUKE

• "Those kicks pack some serious oomph! One solid hit and it could've been lights out."
  • "Heh! And that's a win for me. Got anything to say, pretty boy?"
  • "Have I gotten stronger? What do you think, bud?"
  • "Damn. I've gotta beat you more than a few times before I figure out what makes you so strong."
  • "If you're looking for a deathmatch, go somewhere else."

CHUN LI

• "My experiences have made me who I am. I will never stop moving forward."
  • "Didn't you exact your revenge? You can't let that consume you forever."
  • "It makes me feel old to say this, but... your youth is downright blinding."
  • "Fancy yourself a peacekeeper, don't you? That's fine and all, but mind your manners."
  • "You were framed for what happened in Nayshall, but... I know you want to set things straight."
  • "You may possess raw power, but you lack refinement. You've still got a long way to go."
  • "The more I think about it, the more I feel like it was you who brought out my true strength."

GUILE

• "You want to protect your town? Laudable, but you gotta toughen up a bit first."
  • "I got my revenge, but my fight isn't over... Or maybe... it simply refuses to end."
  • "That incident really shook you up... I gotta figure out what's actually going on here."
  • "As long as I've got you as an opponent, I never have to worry about getting rusty."

JAMIE

• "Yo, it's an honor! Thanks for helpin' me train!"
  • "A soldier's job is to protect his country. My job? Protecting this town."
  • "No idea what your deal is, but it sounds like a mess. What if I helped you sort stuff out?"
  • "Win or lose, I gotta keep my chin up. Grandma'll chew my ears off if I don't."
  • "You're a ninja, huh? Mind helping me the patrol the city"?
  • "Next time ya see me, be sure to put some respect on my name. Got it, meathead?"
  • "Pretty by the book, eh? Not bad, but I guess you weren't able to keep up with yours truly."

KIMBERLY

JURI

• "To think you survived all these wars just to get whacked in a place like this. Bwahaha!"
  • "Got a problem there, tough guy? What happened to all that smack talk?"
  • "Stupid kid... If you want to play ninja, do it at home!"
  • "Until I'm satisfied, you're gonna let me do whatever I please."
  • "You're a lot cuter now that your life's been ruined, Mr. Ex-Champ! BWAHAHA!"
  • "Ah, the line between life and death... Gives ya goosebumps, don't it?"
  • "You're gonna eat dirt like a chump, and then claim it's part of the fighter's path? Barf!"

KEN

• "If an investigation is required, I'll cooperate. But the last thing I need is your help."
  • "Looks like I have to learn how to fight my battles on my own terms again."
  • "You're the town's peacekeeper? Reminds me of some other kids I used to know."
  • "I know what it's like to want to kill someone... but I'm never going to become like you."
  • "It's time to drop the spy kid routine. You don't want to dig any deeper into this."
  • "Feels like the only one who understands the nature of my struggle...is myself."
  • "Never stop being you. Unshaken. After all...you're the reason I got my start."

On 6/3/2022 at 3:54 PM, BootyWarrior said:

Some story related leaks from 4chan.

Ken

Reveal hidden contents

Q: 

Why the fuck does Ken look like a hobo?

A: Fuck it, I’ll risk my job for this

Ken goes on a journey similar to Ryu to master his skills. But it cost him his finance and family, so he’s looking to fight Ryu once more to regain his glory. A lot of the characters, Luke included, call Ken a washed up has been, which is going to be his story for the roaming mode. It’s your job to help him gain his confidence back

Laura shows up in the story mode, and Sean too, to try to motivate Ken in making a comeback

Q: 
That's kind cool, but what's with the dogtag?

A: 
It belongs to Mel Masters

The reason this might be legit is because of Menat's winquote: 

spacer.png

Poison

Reveal hidden contents

Q: Will Poison be in the game?

A: Later on. She’s currently a celebrity alongside Hugo, so they are sitting this one out until the DLC comes out. Capcom realizes that she prints money at this point. Hugo, not so much.

Concerning SFIII characters on what Capcom thinks of them @Scotia

Reveal hidden contents

Q: 

Is there any reason none of the SFIII characters made it in? Also, I doubt dlc plans are finalized, but does Laura have a shot?

A: 
The reason is Capcom feels that 3rd strike characters simply don’t sell at all. Capcom feels that they’ve never clicked with an audience, which is why you see even Udon not using them much in promotional art because Capcom has a specific mindset about them. Hell, it was already a nightmare to convince Capcom to use Urien, and Oro, who was supposed to be released a long time ago in V (he was one of the first DLC characters, but pushed him back because the original story in SFV got nuked halfway when finishing it up, which I can explain in better detail which also explains why 3rd strike characters aren’t on Capcoms mind at the moment)

Q: 
I KNEW there was something off about SFV story! Can you tell us about that?

A: 
Sure thing anon. So originally, the story was supposed to be that Necalli KILLS Bison, which is why Ryu was supposed to awaken the Power Of Nothingness to beat him at the very last chapter. But then they couldn’t get Oro in time, and a lot of the game was in beta for a long long time because Capcom wanted to rush the game for their events, so they decided to scrap the entire story, and make it the way you see today. If you really play the game story mode again, or watch it, pay careful attention to when Bison mentions Necalli. After that scene, the entire story got rewritten to the point that it’s unrecognizable from the original draft.

Q: 
Slightly related question. Is there any reason they chose not to give Bison his Story Mode costume for the battle against Ryu. It's pretty clearly supposed to be him battle damaged after Nash's final attack, but they never used it for some reason.

A: 
Actually yes. Here’s the real crazy shit anon. Remember how Necalli V trigger makes his hair go red? Originally, Bisons battle damaged outfit was due to Nash. Then Necalli devours Bisons soul, effectively killing him, but not taking away his psycho powers, since now Necalli has them. Ryu then kills Necalli at the final battle with The Power Of Nothingness. The plans fell through, but Capcom left the bits of the story in the final product. It was a complete shit show.

Q: 
Do you mean 3rd Strike specifically or III in general? Because I feel like characters like Dudley and Ibuki are insanely popular, even for 3S alone Makoto and Q have their niche.

A: 
3 in general. Capcom knows Ibuki has a fan base & urien was well received, but they rather not use them for the base roster at the moment because Capcom really wants to focus on “retiring” the old version for Luke & others in the story mode. Seriously, people are going to be PISSED about what happens to Ken.

Alex

Reveal hidden contents

Q:

PLEASE TELL ME IF ALEX IS COMING ANON
I NEED TO KNOW

A:
I’m sorry, I’m getting back to everyone as quick as I can since it’s late at night here. But Alex is in story mode, and you run into him. He’s long since retired from fighting, but fights Luke to show him that he still has it and gives him advice on how to control his aggression. But yeah, Alex is long retired from the fighting scene. Says it’s not worth it

@Daemos @CESTUS III @Darc_RequiemFOUND IT. It was posted by @BootyWarrioron June 3, around the time the roster was leaked. A bunch of bullshit, like I said.
Fuck 4chan, honestly. Too bad we don't have Luke's winquote against Ken yet, just to fully disprove all of it.

Edited by Miðgarðsorm

t was posted by @BootyWarrioron June 3, around the time the roster was leaked. A bunch of bullshit, like I said.
Fuck 4chan, honestly. Too bad we don't have Luke's winquote against Ken yet, just to fully disprove all of it.

Spoiler

The reason is Capcom feels that 3rd strike characters simply don’t sell at all. Capcom feels that they’ve never clicked with an audience, which is why you see even Udon not using them much in promotional art because Capcom has a specific mindset about them. Hell, it was already a nightmare to convince Capcom to use Urien, and Oro, who was supposed to be released a long time ago in V (he was one of the first DLC characters, but pushed him back because the original story in SFV got nuked halfway when finishing it up, which I can explain in better detail which also explains why 3rd strike characters aren’t on Capcoms mind at the moment)

3 in general. Capcom knows Ibuki has a fan base & urien was well received, but they rather not use them for the base roster at the moment because Capcom really wants to focus on “retiring” the old version for Luke & others in the story mode. Seriously, people are going to be PISSED about what happens to Ken.

I’m sorry, I’m getting back to everyone as quick as I can since it’s late at night here. But Alex is in story mode, and you run into him. He’s long since retired from fighting, but fights Luke to show him that he still has it and gives him advice on how to control his aggression. But yeah, Alex is long retired from the fighting scene. Says it’s not worth it

Urien and Alex

Spoiler

This is sad, Urien isn't just "fandom characters" they are also well know in the competitive scene, his gimmick is something that stood apart among others, giving it to other character feel unjust in some way kinda it's just "function" thing 

While is Alex being retired is kinda too soon, I know his a grappler but his own style, I don't really mind too many variation of Grapplers they are more diverse to standout to each other than projectile characters.

Spoiler

Actually yes. Here’s the real crazy shit anon. Remember how Necalli V trigger makes his hair go red? Originally, Bisons battle damaged outfit was due to Nash. Then Necalli devours Bisons soul, effectively killing him, but not taking away his psycho powers, since now Necalli has them. Ryu then kills Necalli at the final battle with The Power Of Nothingness. The plans fell through, but Capcom left the bits of the story in the final product. It was a complete shit show.

Necali-Bison

Spoiler

Interesting, I hope this would be clarified and official,

but this is just close to the many speculation and theory we also had about Necali and Bison from years ago every time we hit the discussion that includes the SFV trailer, battle damage Bison and the Shadow falls final battle ending. It's no surprise because that's what many assumed it to be.

I hope someone from Capcom could finally clear it just like with G.

Edited by Shakunetsu
6 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

Interesting, I hope this would be clarified and official,

but this is just close to the many speculation and theory we also had about Necali and Bison from years ago every time we hit the discussion that includes the SFV trailer, battle damage Bison and the Shadow falls final battle ending. It's no surprise because that's what many assumed it to be.

I hope someone from Capcom could finally clear it just like with G.

The problem is exactly THAT. It seems someone just took the speculations the fandom made and tried to "officialise" them by making himself pass for an insider.

2 hours ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

@Daemos @CESTUS III @Darc_RequiemFOUND IT. It was posted by @BootyWarrioron June 3, around the time the roster was leaked. A bunch of bullshit, like I said.

Great job, and yes reading it was definitely the one i remember 👍

One thing i did'nt noticed back then is "pay careful attention to when Bison mentions Necalli" declared as turning point, yet iirc i don't remember Bison mentioning Nec at all, could be wrong but only their interaction was at some point in ASF Nec just showing up at Bison HQ, get his own ass whooped (or at least have it worst in their first exchange) and reluctant retire when FANG showed up as Bison back-up

Too bad lol, even if that was fan-fiction masked as leaked canon still was better than ASF 😅

Example i did'nt remembered in their immaginary timeline sequence Nec killing Bison was the follow up consequence of Bison just having suffered Nash explosion, that would have indeed made sense at making him an easier prey (while according to WP prophecy he would have needed to eat Ryu and Sim first to kill Bison)

Eh whatever, guess we will never know

1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

Too bad lol, even if that was fan-fiction masked as leaked canon still was better than ASF 😅

Any fanfiction would've been better than ASF. I could think about a story where the protagonist is BLANKA and he erases the Shadaloo base with an electric fart and it would still be better than ASF.
But I wouldn't go to 4chan claiming to be an insider just to "prove" it.

4 hours ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

Any fanfiction would've been better than ASF. I could think about a story where the protagonist is BLANKA and he erases the Shadaloo base with an electric fart and it would still be better than ASF.
But I wouldn't go to 4chan claiming to be an insider just to "prove" it.

I'd actually buy an anime movie of that 🤣 It would be a great birthday gift for @Voltatoo.

1 hour ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

I know the Udon comics aren't canon. But enjoy this revelation: 

Honestly I would have more confidence in street fighters story if it was in their hands. They have done a good job making sense of Capcom's mess.

The art in the comic looks familiar. Similar to the artwork I would see in the old PSM magazines

41 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

With UDON we won't get shit like whatever Abigail character story was, Lucia having an arcade ending where her instant noodles got cold, Honda beating up random people as a promotion to a bathhouse.

With UDON we got shit like Zangief cheating using the KGB during a match against Haggar and still losing (because Haggar also used the CIA, of course!). Or Zangief being beaten like a moron by Mika after having accidentally touched her butt with a green hand, all the while thinking it was all REAL and fighting seriously, when Mika treated it all like a show instead. Or Dan being beaten by all the Iwashigahama wrestlers, who then all relaxed with him in the same bathhouse because YEAH, IT'S ALL FAKE, BUT HERE ARE THE TITS AND THE ARSES YOU WANT, HORNY BOYS. LOOK!
Or the horrid story with Laura and Rikuo. That's supreme writing indeed. Yeah.
While it's clear Capcom doesn't know what to do with some characters (not that everyone should have a GRAND, IMPACTFUL story, anyway), the same could be said about UDON, which also tends to rapidly flanderise the characters or use terrible fanon. They had some good ideas, like the miniseries about Ibuki (and even here, the constantly angry Makoto was a flanderisation of her character), or Elena using her Healing to restore Zabel/Lord Raptor's humanity during the Darkstalkers crossover, but too many times they've been cringy as hell.

Edited by Miðgarðsorm
6 hours ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

With UDON we got shit like Zangief cheating using the KGB during a match against Haggar and still losing (because Haggar also used the CIA, of course!). Or Zangief being beaten like a moron by Mika after having accidentally touched her butt with a green hand, all the while thinking it was all REAL and fighting seriously, when Mika treated it all like a show instead. Or Dan being beaten by all the Iwashigahama wrestlers, who then all relaxed with him in the same bathhouse because YEAH, IT'S ALL FAKE, BUT HERE ARE THE TITS AND THE ARSES YOU WANT, HORNY BOYS. LOOK!
Or the horrid story with Laura and Rikuo. That's supreme writing indeed. Yeah.
While it's clear Capcom doesn't know what to do with some characters (not that everyone should have a GRAND, IMPACTFUL story, anyway), the same could be said about UDON, which also tends to rapidly flanderise the characters or use terrible fanon. They had some good ideas, like the miniseries about Ibuki (and even here, the constantly angry Makoto was a flanderisation of her character), or Elena using her Healing to restore Zabel/Lord Raptor's humanity during the Darkstalkers crossover, but too many times they've been cringy as hell.

Zangief being treated like a fool was constant with how the character was used at time. Capcom themselves was guilty of this when they had him job to Sakura in the SF4 aftermath trailer. The cheating is the only thing I have a real issue with.

Dan being beat up as been a recurring gag since the characters existence. Sakura casually kicks his ass and hangs out with him. Iwashigahama wrestlers doing it isn't out of the ordinary.

I didn't read the dark stalkers crossover. I had no interest in it.

I'll take them over Capcom.

1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

Random people ending up thinking Udon have any canon value because silly comics usually is only canon shit that trigger me more than people taking Netflix Castlevania as the main face of the series 🤣 

As weabo it sound just wish west could leave alone muh jap ip lol

I think UDON writing is better than what we get from Capcom. I wouldn't mind if Capcom let them get a crack at the story for a game. They've worked together enough times for me to want to see it.

Netflix Castlevania might as well be the face. It's the only material we're getting from that series and made it popular. Konami has done jack shit to capitalize on it success.

26 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I think UDON writing is better than what we get from Capcom. I wouldn't mind if Capcom let them get a crack at the story for a game. They've worked together enough times for me to want to see it.

Netflix Castlevania might as well be the face. It's the only material we're getting from that series and made it popular. Konami has done jack shit to capitalize on it success.

Think common problem of these two examples

is

👇

21 minutes ago, YagamiFire said:

Konami is unrealistically incompetent. Seriously, they're like a parody of a company.

wich could be applied to SFV caplol too

But only because current owner are terrible at their job, i'm not necessary enthusiast at let muh beloved ip to be handled by mediocre external company

Now, to begin with i say to let's give a chance to SF6... may positively surprise us on writing/story too just like they're showing high quality and care in almost* everything else we seen so far

But even if i would have to accept capcom is unable to handle SF story and vibes, my pick would be more toward whoever did SF2tAM or Nakahira (or even Murata but here i feel would be pretty personal taste lol) that imho are more fitting SF spirit

*that damn crappy Classic Ryu alt costume is still an open wound

8 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Think common problem of these two examples

is

👇

wich could be applied to SFV caplol too

But only because current owner are terrible at their job, i'm not necessary enthusiast at let muh beloved ip to be handled by mediocre external company

Now, to begin with i say to let's give a chance to SF6... may positively surprise us on writing/story too just like they're showing high quality and care in almost* everything else we seen so far

But even if i would have to accept capcom is unable to handle SF story and vibes, my pick would be more toward whoever did SF2tAM or Nakahira (or even Murata but here i feel would be pretty personal taste lol) that imho are more fitting SF spirit

*that damn crappy Classic Ryu alt costume is still an open wound

I would give Murata a shot. I enjoy One Punch Man and I'll be interested in his take in SF would be.