Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

21 minutes ago, Dracu said:

I started editing sprites and completing my Street Fighter TV Show adaptation project, but I deleted the files. In the meantime, I reworked some stuff I used to do, but I need a lot of time to get to where I was before losing it all. 

I'm not very good at sprite-work, don't get to excited, I just do them for myself. For example, here's some very basic Fighting Layer sprites I did. 

spacer.png

Good thing you post it now. 

Man that's fine. Nice work, I myself remember I did tons of sprite edit for SF like two years ago in Alpha style. 

I myself didn't post it online because I felt it's not completed yet.

I kinda have that mentality and pride that wants things polish and complete before presenting it to somewhere. 

Now I regret it because I can't find it now from where I have save it. I hope I have backed it from crash of my drive two years ago too.

2 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

Good thing you post it now. 

Man that's fine. Nice work, I myself remember I did tons of sprite edit for SF like two years ago in Alpha style. 

I myself didn't post it online because I felt it's not completed yet.

I kinda have that mentality and pride that wants things polish and complete before presenting it to somewhere. 

Now I regret it because I can't find it now from where I have save it. I hope I have backed it from crash of my drive two years ago too.

Yeah, Alpha style is super cool to edit. Simple but nice. I much prefer the proportions of the characters from CvS tho.

And also, I hear you about regretting not backing the stuff up. I did some very cool CvS styled SFIV Evil Ryu and Kage, a really slick CvS ponytail Ken, Fallen Vega from Cannon Spike. But they're lost for good. I tried everything, every recovery tool online and nothing. 

Agree too CVS is much better than Alpha.

It was an alpha style because if I would had a time again I will continue to a dream of personal project of mine for SF with marvel classic style gameplay.  

I always wanted to do for a long time but I have no time to learn coding again and the pandemic is still terrible here and has tons of responsibilities lately needs to catching up.

Just now, Dracu said:

Fallen Vega from Cannon Spike

I also tried him but not finish yet. I have seen too someone online that also tried him but I can't remember from where that was posted.

Interesting concept with CVS Ken with pony tail. 

8 hours ago, Dracu said:

I'm here. I lurk around but keep myself up-to-date with FG news from here, but the forum works like ass on my phone and there's nothing to really talk about. Dan wasn't a story centered character. Looking forward to Rose, tho. 

I started editing sprites and completing my Street Fighter TV Show adaptation project, but I deleted the files. In the meantime, I reworked some stuff I used to do, but I need a lot of time to get to where I was before losing it all. 

I'm not very good at sprite-work, don't get to excited, I just do them for myself. For example, here's some very basic Fighting Layer sprites I did. 

I started doing them cause I was working on my version of Street Fighter Tag-Teams and KoF styled Threemen Teams and eventually started enjoying doing it. 

If you wanna check those teams out, I'd love to share, but the pic is big and some teams might need elaborating lol.

Anyway, I'm here, hopefully Cestus also comes here, he's the only heavy hitter missing.

Oh, wow. Since this post got so many likes, I guess I should credit the guys I stole some of the sprites from for my edits:

Of course everyone is familiar with Steamboy33's Street Fighter 4 Sprites, of which I used his C.Viper and Abel for Janis Luciani and Exodus, respectively.

For Sessyu I used DaiKuwabara's (from DeviantArt)  Geki sprite.

And for Hong Gillson I used DarkRealm0's (from DeviantArt) completely original Howarang sprite.

For the rest I used the official CVS/SF Alpha sprites.

5 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

What makes you think they don't? The small roster could just be that's what they could afford.

I would have thought that, if they'd had access to all the FL characters, that FEXL would have...ya know, had some FL characters in it.  Instead of just being a straight put of every SFEX character.

5 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Could someone clarify the rights issues over Fighting Layer characters. Given the situation with Capcom, I'd think they'd Arika property. I'd think their arrangement would Namco would mirror the one they had with Capcom.

Isn't the entire reason the game is called Fighting EX Layer instead of Fighting Layer EX because they don't have the rights to the name "Fighting Layer"?  If they don't own the name, I doubt they own the characters.

Edited by DarthEnderX
5 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Please, God, don't let the last S5 character be a Power Ranger...

At the very least, I don’t expect the last character to be a power ranger at all. The rights to the series are screwed up that parts of Asia don’t allow any of the series to be there. I know Power of the Grid isn’t sold in certain countries for this reason. I can’t imagine SF to have a guest character from something that can’t even be sold in Japan.

6 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I just don't want a crossover character. I like the fact that Street Fighter is actually Street Fighter and not discount Smash Brother's like every other fighter these days.

100%.  Adding guest characters is just an admission that you don't think people care about your own characters.  Leave the crossover characters for crossover games.

Samurai Shodown's DLC characters have been legit infuriating me.  Surpassed only by DBFZ.

Edited by DarthEnderX

I would only consider a guest if they don't baggage a whole lore along the character relationship with other character to somehow also exist in SF and their whole magic system from their franchise doesn't create any conflict the establish world building in SF.

Like Yoshimitsu, Garuda and Terry from before KOF would work because of small scale conflict(justice/revenge) because geese is not like worldly domination or destruction thing.

but would prefer haggar as the best fit

Edited by Shakunetsu
5 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

100%.  Adding guest characters is just an admission that you don't think people care about your own characters.

Its brutal to say about some games, but that's 100% true. They gotta find a way to get you in at the door. The problem is that, if you're an established franchise, it isn't a gimmick you really need.

SamSho is great. Probably my favorite game released of the last gen. But unless you grew up with that franchise, you'd know F all about it. In the case of SamSho with the For Honor collab, that's just a very strange hail mary. Don't know that it actually moved units or not. They probably would've done better by getting Leonardo from TMNT; if you're gonna break the cohesion of your game, might as well maximize exposure. Unless they find some way to expose you to other characters, they sort of don't exist for a lot of people.

That said guest characters are kinda ass most of the time. They shouldn't be in SF because it doesn't need it.

Agreed on SF not needing it. I'm of the mind that we have several fan favs not in the game, we've had some interesting new faces teased, and there's also the secret, need-to-know-behind the scenes info the devs have on where things are going, so new characters can be waiting in the wings to be made. With all of that, why would I be happy with a guest character? This is the miracle season that wasn't suppose to happen, so why waste it?

Give me Tom and make him unique and awesome and set up a new angle to the rivalry with the Illuminati, go super obscure and give me Black Widow from Slammasters and have a slight, modern, Rhea Ripley inspired look for when she's unmasked instead of the jazzercise look she had in her ending. Gimmie poor ol' Necro who was fun to use and has a compelling story, hell, gimmie a revamped Viper, have her bring some interesting story perspective and new moves that could win new folks over.  Just don't give me Mega Man, Dimitri, Sol Bad Guy, Ayane, or whatever. Do I want another CvS? Absolutely! Do I want more Darkstalkers? You bet your cryptozoological ectoplasm that I do! Do I want SF to become the latest crossover dumping ground? No.

I don't want to open the door to gimmick guest characters showing up for all the sequels now. The Capcom steams already have random musicians making clothing products for SF. I don't want a musician Superfan to get a cameo like in MK's case with the Belgian Rapper getting a Sub Zero skin. So, nah, I don't want any of that.

54 minutes ago, Sonero said:

That said guest characters are kinda ass most of the time. They shouldn't be in SF because it doesn't need it.

You say that but it won't stop a series from doing it. Mortal Kombat definitely doesn't need guest characters but they make up most of its DLC. It doesn't help that they sell better than a classic MK character. MK is far more mainstream than SF is.

I honestly expect we’re going to get a guest character of some kind. If only because I can’t imagine them doing the bombshell announcement of Akira from Rival Schools being in and then just following up with character like Makoto or Dudley.

I would rather it be them or some very obscure choice like Retsu, but I’ll be keeping my expectations low.

3 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Mortal Kombat definitely doesn't need guest characters but they make up most of its DLC.

Well, MK games are wack. So they do. But even guest characters couldn't save Inj2.

MK is in the same place as Soul Calibur. As much as I love SC, it sells fanservice as much as it sells gameplay. They're both somewhat marketed at casuals too. Because of that MK having guest characters makes the most sense. Guest characters are exactly what MK's audience wants: a fun "experience" rather than an FG.

12 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

I would only consider a guest if they don't baggage a whole lore along the character relationship with other character to somehow also exist in SF and their whole magic system from their franchise doesn't create any conflict the establish world building in SF.

A character is a guest if the continuity of their own game is separate from the continuity of SF.

So far, that's Ingrid and the EX games.

It USED to be Rival Schools, but now Capcom has rolled RS into SF's continuity.

4 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

A character is a guest if the continuity of their own game is separate from the continuity of SF.

What I meant with that is, I would consider a guest okay in SF. If that guest has those things I mentioned like "they don't bring the whole lore of their game along with his/her ties with other character from their game that would somehow made them also exist in SF and their whole magic system from their game doesn't create any conflict the establish world building in SF."

Like Akuma in Tekken has no mentioned of Ryu, Gouken nor Goutetsu.

Edited by Shakunetsu
14 hours ago, Sonero said:

SamSho is great. Probably my favorite game released of the last gen. But unless you grew up with that franchise, you'd know F all about it. In the case of SamSho with the For Honor collab, that's just a very strange hail mary. Don't know that it actually moved units or not.

I think in the case of the Arena of Valor character, I wouldn't be surprised if that was a business arrangement.  SNK being part Chinese owned and AoV being a big Chinese game.

Edited by DarthEnderX

Holy crap, I rushed through Rose's story mode and I'm hyped and shook for the future of SF.

-Title of Rose's storymode: back to Alpha

-Select Rose for Story mode:

"At the risk of my life!"

-Rose has to tend to a matter only she can handle after training with Menat

-Bison dead, but Rose tells Oro there's a "new power" she senses. Oro can't sense evil or good, but it's connected to nature.

-Rose and G fight, akin to his fight with Gill, G loses. Rose begins talking with G and he somewhat, disturbingly drops his act. He is the end of all things. Bison was one part of the chaos coming and with G, his future will destroy the world and possibly the universe. Rose knows what G is and it's bad.  While cryptic, this is bad, Rose pretty much is spelling that this is doom and gloom and cannot be prevented, but now, Rose is wondering if possible to pull a Days of Future Past and send her consciousness back to her former self.

-Her final line is a call back to the title of her story.  "back to Zero"

-Could this be a hint for the next SF? Looks like it. Whatever G is, his power appears new and my theory of him secretly being a bad guy looks to be true, but also, yes, he appeared after Bison's death.  This definitely is gonna need another replay from me, I'm adding this to me video stat!

Chun-Li to Rose: I know I'm destined to fight, but I WILL put and end to it someday.

I find this one to be very insightful. On the surface, it shows that Chun-Li is determined to finish her fight for justice, which she does as in SFIII, she moves on from that motivation. But also, recall to Chun-Li's prologue in USF4, Chun-Li was sensing some hesitation in her fight, and in her ending, she resolves to continue being a cop as she and Guile drive off. Chun-Li is confident that her fight for justice will end one day, but that resolve of hers was not always there.

Rose to Chun-Li: In pursuing a certain individual, you invite the company of danger.

Surface level quote: Chun-Li pursues M. Bison and Shadaloo, she'll encounter many a dangerous foe. And she certainly has:  Assuming all the cutscenes and fight-your-rival dialogues, and OVAs are canon, since then, Chun-Li has faced Balrog, Vega, FANG, M. Bison, Juri, Gen, and possibly more. Each dangerous individuals in their own right. I'm not sure if this quote was just Rose telling Chun-Li what she already knows. Or possibly, what if Rose is forewarning Chun-Li's future, and that in pursuit of Urien to save Li-Fen as in SFIII, Chun-Li will uncover something deep that shall not only put her life at stake, but the fate of the whole world as well. (I may just be overthinking things like I always do with these quotes)

Overall, these are great. They don't feel out of place, and I don't sense any deep relationship connection with either of them. It's unclear how much these two interact within the canon, but my guess is probably not as much. Which is stange, since both are connected to M. Bison.

Damn, that was a great story! How this all ties together is so nice! Hopefully we get to see all of it: the destruction of the world, G's role in all of this, how the Secret Society deals with it. All very nicely put together. It seems Ed and Falke are keeping their Psycho Powers at bay for now, but I'm sure that's bound to come back in a big way. 

Between Bison's experiments with Psycho Power (which still reside in the Neo-Shadaloo guys), Akuma falling deeper and deeper into the Satsui no Hado and possibly being destined to become Oni, Gill trying to speed all the destruction up in order to come out as the savior (and probably being way in over his head. Could he turn good, once Rose goes back and proves he's full of shit? 😮) , there's so much that can tie together nicely.

We basically have set-up the story for both SF6 and SF7 with this: SF6, showing the destruction of everything, SF7 fixing it, ala Endgame.

Pretty interesting.