Stage Select

The Street Fighter V CE Story Thread: Back From The Dead & Better Than Ever

21 minutes ago, Dracu said:

I started editing sprites and completing my Street Fighter TV Show adaptation project, but I deleted the files. In the meantime, I reworked some stuff I used to do, but I need a lot of time to get to where I was before losing it all. 

I'm not very good at sprite-work, don't get to excited, I just do them for myself. For example, here's some very basic Fighting Layer sprites I did. 

spacer.png

Good thing you post it now. 

Man that's fine. Nice work, I myself remember I did tons of sprite edit for SF like two years ago in Alpha style. 

I myself didn't post it online because I felt it's not completed yet.

I kinda have that mentality and pride that wants things polish and complete before presenting it to somewhere. 

Now I regret it because I can't find it now from where I have save it. I hope I have backed it from crash of my drive two years ago too.

2 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

Good thing you post it now. 

Man that's fine. Nice work, I myself remember I did tons of sprite edit for SF like two years ago in Alpha style. 

I myself didn't post it online because I felt it's not completed yet.

I kinda have that mentality and pride that wants things polish and complete before presenting it to somewhere. 

Now I regret it because I can't find it now from where I have save it. I hope I have backed it from crash of my drive two years ago too.

Yeah, Alpha style is super cool to edit. Simple but nice. I much prefer the proportions of the characters from CvS tho.

And also, I hear you about regretting not backing the stuff up. I did some very cool CvS styled SFIV Evil Ryu and Kage, a really slick CvS ponytail Ken, Fallen Vega from Cannon Spike. But they're lost for good. I tried everything, every recovery tool online and nothing. 

Agree too CVS is much better than Alpha.

It was an alpha style because if I would had a time again I will continue to a dream of personal project of mine for SF with marvel classic style gameplay.  

I always wanted to do for a long time but I have no time to learn coding again and the pandemic is still terrible here and has tons of responsibilities lately needs to catching up.

Just now, Dracu said:

Fallen Vega from Cannon Spike

I also tried him but not finish yet. I have seen too someone online that also tried him but I can't remember from where that was posted.

Interesting concept with CVS Ken with pony tail. 

8 hours ago, Dracu said:

I'm here. I lurk around but keep myself up-to-date with FG news from here, but the forum works like ass on my phone and there's nothing to really talk about. Dan wasn't a story centered character. Looking forward to Rose, tho. 

I started editing sprites and completing my Street Fighter TV Show adaptation project, but I deleted the files. In the meantime, I reworked some stuff I used to do, but I need a lot of time to get to where I was before losing it all. 

I'm not very good at sprite-work, don't get to excited, I just do them for myself. For example, here's some very basic Fighting Layer sprites I did. 

I started doing them cause I was working on my version of Street Fighter Tag-Teams and KoF styled Threemen Teams and eventually started enjoying doing it. 

If you wanna check those teams out, I'd love to share, but the pic is big and some teams might need elaborating lol.

Anyway, I'm here, hopefully Cestus also comes here, he's the only heavy hitter missing.

Oh, wow. Since this post got so many likes, I guess I should credit the guys I stole some of the sprites from for my edits:

Of course everyone is familiar with Steamboy33's Street Fighter 4 Sprites, of which I used his C.Viper and Abel for Janis Luciani and Exodus, respectively.

For Sessyu I used DaiKuwabara's (from DeviantArt)  Geki sprite.

And for Hong Gillson I used DarkRealm0's (from DeviantArt) completely original Howarang sprite.

For the rest I used the official CVS/SF Alpha sprites.

5 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

What makes you think they don't? The small roster could just be that's what they could afford.

I would have thought that, if they'd had access to all the FL characters, that FEXL would have...ya know, had some FL characters in it.  Instead of just being a straight put of every SFEX character.

5 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Could someone clarify the rights issues over Fighting Layer characters. Given the situation with Capcom, I'd think they'd Arika property. I'd think their arrangement would Namco would mirror the one they had with Capcom.

Isn't the entire reason the game is called Fighting EX Layer instead of Fighting Layer EX because they don't have the rights to the name "Fighting Layer"?  If they don't own the name, I doubt they own the characters.

Edited by DarthEnderX