Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

7 minutes ago, Dragonfave723 said:

This cripple mofo's bio tells me nothing! How has he come to wield Bison's power? Who is he to cast judgment on Bison's ambitions towards bodily perfection? And why is he trying to steal Bison's sexy moves and swag?

edit- Missed opportunity for a villainous Russian accent.

Edited by Daemos

His bio says he is the head of an NGO, nothing to do with G atm.

His main rival is Ken clearly from the pics and he likely set Ken up.

His stage is interesting.

I'm curious as to why Capcom dropped "Russia" from the trailer. All Russians or Eastern Europeans in SF have distinct accents. Could they have changed their mind after the Ukraine war?

Awesomeness

Random thoughts

Marisa at some point does this

Verso la digitalizzazione 3D di 1260 opere degli Uffizi |Documentazione -  Archeomatica

wich was used also as statue in Gill SFV arena stage (with Zangief and Alex heads)

Expected her to use some throws too, watching her fight remind me a lot this other italian char

franco.gif

In one screen her shoulder have diamond like effect (wich fit being jewel-maker), guess that will be her power to have armor-effect as leaked audio suggested

Spoiler

marisa_ss05.jpg

wich remind me lot Jozu from OP

RENDER] Jozu - Diamond by hobbj on DeviantArt

JP looks hype, he's anime af

Curious to see seems his psycho power can generate figures, at some point one projectile even seems an indipendent being made of energy, wich fit a lot the fact that back to sound leak all his moves names are demons of slav folklore

Cool to see he use indeed a walking stick as his martial arts, he's either a la canne user or bartitsu as we was theorizing

Manon looks funny, but kinda deluded she does'nt even seems a judoka, seems all ballet/joke character

Dee Jay feels his usual self. Not sure i like the cartoon musical notes touch

Created character can be built using different moves, this is HUGE for me

Reddit shit was spot on on the 6 chars getting color #10, starting to fear we get indeed shitty 4-chars season 1

Marisa's gladiator pet lion MUST fight Sagat's pet tiger at some point, otherwise SF6 failed

"Buono Buono Buono" mean good good good, food mini-game is in Italy lol

Edited by CESTUS III
16 minutes ago, Daemos said:

His bio says he is the head of an NGO, nothing to do with G atm.

No Good Organisation, no doubt.

12 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Created character can be built using different moves, this is HUGE for me

I KNEW IT. That's like Giant Gram 2000's Create a Wrestler Mode. You start with basic moves and can learn the moves of your opponent by taking them a number of times, discarding the moves you don't want or if their execution overlaps with the motion of a move you want. IT'S A DREAM COME TRUE. 🤩

16 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Marisa's gladiator pet lion MUST fight Sagat's pet tiger at some point, otherwise SF6 failed

And then Zangief brings in his bear who farts on them both.

16 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Dee Jay feels his usual self. Not sure i like the cartoon musical notes touch

I LOVE the notes. Dee Jay finally feels like a character that FITS SF, if only because of the urban theme.

I can't help but feel that the match ups used in the pre-order trailer are a glimpse of character relationships. Dee Jay is fighting Kimberly. It's already heavily implied she listens to his music. Manon and Marisa could be rivals and colleges. Being a model and jewelry designer respectfully they could have likely crossed paths in their day jobs. Being polar opposites while having grappling based styles would lend itself well to rivalry. Of course JP would likely been the guy to setup Ken. 

Alright boys, let's take your bets...

JP is...

1- Bison's former Master or one of the 2 other students alongside him from a very long time ago.

2- One of Bison's students alongside Rose from a long time ago. 

3- One of Bison's experiments or a former Shadaloo member.

4- Someone without any direct ties to Bison.

5- Other.

Spoiler

I am betting on 1 or 2 since these are unexplored territories. But 4 could be likely.

So all we're missing from the launch roster now are Zangief, Cammy and Lili, yes?

Looks like Manon uses Judo and not Savate.

35 minutes ago, Daemos said:

JP is...

1- Bison's former Master or one of the 2 other students alongside him from a very long time ago.

1.  He appears to be as old, or older, than Bison.  I doubt he's a student of Bison's.

Edited by DarthEnderX

ccZZ6ot.png

pQVW2Ec.png

^ This reminds me of Bison's wormholes seen in SF4 and SF5. A realm unknown to us.

54PTMVw.png

v0Ar0GD.png

^ While Bison and Rose have both historically exhibited the ability to project themselves, these don't look like projections of JP (at least not his human appearance?). These apparitions look more like they are doing JP's bidding rather than mirroring his movement.

0t5Dlpp.png

^ One of Bison's classic execution moves is to directly inject Psycho Power into his victim (Alpha 3, SF4, SF5) through the head or abdomen, but JP here is exhibiting something unforeseen. These dark/glowing crystals are employed through various specials by JP but they bloom completely into a massive crystalline structure that crucifies Ken in the super. Sort of a mix between Psycho Punisher (SF4 Ultra 2) and Kolin's CA (SF5).

I'm getting a Stranger Things vibe from JP. Like there is an upside down world made up of pure Psycho Power and he's allowing it in.

Edited by Daemos
6 hours ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

I KNEW IT. That's like Giant Gram 2000's Create a Wrestler Mode. You start with basic moves and can learn the moves of your opponent by taking them a number of times, discarding the moves you don't want or if their execution overlaps with the motion of a move you want. IT'S A DREAM COME TRUE. 🤩

Yeah, for characters recreation this is going to be immense

IF we can do it even on normals i will have to quit my job and drop my woman to dedicate life to teh editor, but even just selectable specials is tanta roba 🤩

Only thing i need to get confirmed is that they will give it a CC slot and let us to use our created characters in matches (non-ranked or even just offline) because so far i did'nt seen it... but c'mon, they can't be that stupid and make it only-story or only versus other created characters

Sure they can't

Pin by Becky L on Miscellaneous | Christian bale, American psycho, Psycho  gif

7 hours ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

And then Zangief brings in his bear who farts on them both.

Well, i got money on Sim's elephant by stomp 😄

2 hours ago, Daemos said:

Alright boys, let's take your bets...

JP is...

2- One of Bison's students alongside Rose from a long time ago. 

3- One of Bison's experiments or a former Shadaloo member.

4- Someone without any direct ties to Bison.

5- Other.

Hide contents

I am betting on 1 or 2 since these are unexplored territories. But 4 could be likely.

I stick to my first thought (1), like the idea he's one of the two other students

Btw JP location make me think they're continuing the parallel between Psycho Power (and Soul Power) and JoJo, see JP in a place like that made me think at how ripple users learned their stuff in Tibetan temple

2 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

1.  He appears to be as old, or older, than Bison.  I doubt he's a student of Bison's.

But we can't judge them by look

Bison changed bunch of bodies and they don't even have normal aging

And we don't know if JP changed bodies too or somehow  preserved his original body

2 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Looks like Manon uses Judo and not Savate.

Yeah, seems ballet will cover any striking needs

Tbh ballet seem to invade lot of the Judo too lol

2 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

Could JP have consumed or otherwise shackled/harnessed the remnant of Bison that was haunting Ed or something? That specter is definitely creepy weird.

That's a cool theory, but i hope not as would mean his power is very recent and he was'nt much before that

Btw IF that's the case he took it also from Falke (did PPowered stick moves), Knives Man (does a teleport) and i guess gorilla too

Personally till  proven contrary i like to think it's former fellow student from Bison days as disciple

Would be cool if he have an esotheric (all these demons name and moves) approach to PP, while Bison have a "man of science" one, using all that tech stuff, clonation etc

Whatever it is dude does LOT of super tricky stuff, dude is flashier than both Bison and Rose, would be surprised if learned all that in very few years

Edited by CESTUS III
9 hours ago, Daemos said:

It's not Bison. But I think the color palette and the glowing skeletal hands intentionally evoke Bison. What are Capcom trying to say about this other dimension?

Seems likely they're clones - from the PS Blog, A shame, it would have been an interesting wrinkle, I think.

"JP can also send out clones from across the screen with Torbalan or Embrace to keep his opponents in check"

Edited by JustBooming
5 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

Could JP have consumed or otherwise shackled/harnessed the remnant of Bison that was haunting Ed or something? That specter is definitely creepy weird.

Interesting theory. He could definitely be a recent Psycho Power user or aficionado that went out of his way to piece together the story and the power. But I don't think those "clones" are Bison, just stylized projections.

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

It's clear to me that JP has a greater mastery of psycho power than Bison ever did. He makes Bison use of it look pedestrian.

You trolling or is that post just THAT foolish?

You've seen him display about 2-3 abilities, most of which are similar to what Bison was already able to do. Yet you do not see him do a LONG laundry list of stuff Bison could do, but still proclaim him to have a greater mastery? That's pedestrian talk right there!

The jury is still out on how powerful JP really is, but if he's as old or older than Bison, he's been hiding from Bison's eye for about 30 years and that says something. Enjoy your Snoke while he lasts!

Edited by Daemos
Just now, Daemos said:

So is Marisa or Manon villains? I know their bio doesn't reveal much, just like JP's, but one or both of them has to be a villain. Are they literally going to put the burden of Evil on the shoulders of one newbie?

I don't see either of them being villains, especially Marisa. For her, I see her being confident and full of warrior's honour with a semi-hidden softer side when it comes to the arts. Also her being so tall yet afraid of heights is cute.

Manon I can see as being confident in her beauty and skills and at worst be a bit condescending, but not evil. I get the vibe that she likes what she does, but isn't super social, but not cruel.

JP seems like a very interesting character and definitely the villain of the story, but so far it doesn't seem like he has an obvious motive like Bison taking over the world, or Gill wanting to "save" the world. 

His hobbies are chess puzzles which automatically tells me he's the type of villain who is hiding his hand and plotting something while presenting a ruse. Chess playing villains have always been a trope in media. Think about Magneto from the X-Men. 

He's an aristocrat and obviously is seen publicly as beneficial due to his involvements with his NGO company which I assume is how he got involved with Ken. 

This is the type of villain who hasn't been really presented in Street Fighter before. He almost seems like he should be in a James Bond film.  

I feel like he's the type of villain to flatter his opponents only to beat them down.  Though his demeanor changes during his CA. He calls the opponent a "cretin" which is basically rich person slang for poor & dumb. 

His involvements in Ken's story seems to lend credit to this analysis. He calls him the "Champ" still even though he has lost everything which may have been due to JPs meddling. 

So far it seems if JP is the true villain of the story then his motives maybe stripping the prestigious fighters of their earned prestige like Ken and push them into a world of obscurity. 

Edited by bakfromon
1 hour ago, Daemos said:

So is Marisa or Manon villains? I know their bio doesn't reveal much, just like JP's, but one or both of them has to be a villain. Are they literally going to put the burden of Evil on the shoulders of one newbie?

I don't think anyone on the starting SF6 roster, aside from JP, has any villainy traits to them. They all are fighting for something noble or something for or of themselves.

Only confirmed characters that sceam villainy are JP, Akuma, Ken (in case of a plot twist that his involvement at with Nayshall is actually true), and AKI.

3 minutes ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

Only confirmed characters that sceam villainy are JP, Akuma, Ken (in case of a plot twist that his involvement at with Nayshall is actually true), and AKI.

And Juri.

4 out of 22 is very low IMHO. I am hoping for a few surprise turncoats.

Compare it to year 1 SF5 - Bison, Fang, Vega, Juri, Urien, Necalli, Balrog

Then year 2 added Abigal, Kolin, and Akuma.

Edited by Daemos
37 minutes ago, bakfromon said:

So far it seems if JP is the true villain of the story then his motives maybe stripping the prestigious fighters of their earned prestige like Ken and push them into a world of obscurity. 

Interesting points!  I have nothing to back this up, but I just had an idea. What if he's a "collector" of sorts. He takes Ken's reputation and ruins it, steals things (precious items and ideals) in the past to build his wealth, but his latest prize is that he's found a way to steal psycho power and he'll rob hope from the world.

I'm also trying to figure out his dislike of sleep. I wonder if he's so driven because he's on the clock for something greater, or it's painting his as a workoholic who doesn't like to be away from working for too long? I really wanna know more about him, I'm digging him so far. I made a point on this in Twitter, but I find it interesting how he and Rugal are proud cat daddies in a sense hah.

Speaking of cats matbookworm2 points something interesting about Cybele:

and

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

Marisa is the type of character I'd create. She's big, burly, imposing, but with a sweetheart personality. By all accounts she's a super nice person which runs counter to what her appearance would imply.

1 minute ago, Daemos said:

And Juri.

4 out of 22 is very low IMHO. I am hoping for a few surprise turncoats.

Well, Juri does what Juri wants, and is more of an anti-hero nowadays. Or more accurately, she's in an unstable and emotional mental state due to her favorite girl crush moving from her like how Andy threw away Woody in Toy Story 2.

I think with SF6 looking like an era of peace, the story mode focusing on exploring the city and the world, while becoming stronger; instead of the usual terrorist attacks, world domination, or Armageddon looming. I think if JP is the main villain, his plot isn't going to be anything too grand. Maybe just sowing the seeds for a future SF plot or threat down the line. But compared to Shadaloo and M. Bison, Gill and the Illuminati, hell, I'll even add Seth and SIN to that mix, but compared to  all of them, JP villainy standing isn't that strong IMO.

52551721236_d66e416dd5_k.jpg 52551721251_c5422e6526_k.jpg

I was planning on making my create-a-character a Chun-Li clone, because I wanted to control Chun-Li as I roam around the city.

Now with the SF Masters being able to travel with you wherever you go, I can take my Waifu to see a fight at the Metro City arena, or enjoy a sunset beach vacay in Jamaica, or see the collesium in Italy, or enjoy a carnival and crepe in France. 

Oh I can just imagine it right now, Chun-Li_Forever and Chun-Li taking a nice walk down the streets of Metro City... then we get into a scrum and beat down the fools who dare try to mess with us. Then Chun-Li tells me how to refine my techniques, to watch out for whiff punish opportunities, and to stay in my footsies range. Then we'll walk to the mall to get some new drip before concluding with some ice cream... 💙🤍😍🤍💙

Li-Fen can look after Chun-Li's kung fu school while we're out... probably... she'll be fine.

Just now, ShockDingo said:

Definitely going to use some of Marisa's moves to try and create Q in World Tour since I'm sadly not expecting him anytime soon.  ;_;

Good call man. Marisa hits like a freight train, that'd be perfect for Q. I can't wait for SF6. I'm going to get lot in World Tour trying to create as many of my original characters as possible. If possible, I'll put together a good Gouka and share the it with @Daemos 

7 minutes ago, Flackaveli said:

At this point i'm starting to think Capcom took those Cammy leaks personal.  Bun your fav waifu nigga she DLC now and  yall have to wait. 

They'll do the reverse of SFV, and swap Cammy for Decapre. Decapre was originally going to be on the launch roster but they ditched her after the fan reaction to her in USF4. It's part of the reason she's so fleshed out when you fight against her in story mode.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 hour ago, BornWinner said:

Marisa theory thread.

While I would prefer her to be a sweetheart, I wouldn’t be completely opposed to this.

Oh snap, that's a really interesting thread!  Hey, she could still be a sweetheart that was swayed by the wrong folks or manipulated. One thing that I'm thinking is based on the posters in the first trailer, what if they're secretly recruiting people using different means; appearing as a feel good organization? Gill when public when fighting G, so the world may not know the truth behind them. Marisa may have joined up thinking they're altruistic and is slowly being pushed into the role of a pawn!

2 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Marisa theory thread.

While I would prefer her to be a sweetheart, I wouldn’t be completely opposed to this.

At first i thought was diamond based on one pic, but yes could be gold 

Assuming for a moment this is a possibilty, just some wild random thoughts

-if Marisa with his gold skin power was one of the Secret Society candidates could explain why Gill found G power familiar, as G had gold skin abilities too 

-Considering her strong roman theme is strange don't see her proud if being italian but rather saying to feel greek... may be some sort of hint? (SS being likeky greek based)

But is also true actual romans loved to link themselves to greek culture

-Secret Society's genetic selection and manipulation may explain her incredible body

She's similar in size to Gill and Urien (bit bigger?)

Maybe these are considered ideal proportions for a perfect fighter in SS and all candidates are around that height/built

-Even if "special" Gill had a coliseum stage too in sfv (with one statue having Marisa move lol)

Btw a link to SS does'nt necessary mean be linked to Gill 

She could have been raised/trained as potential candidate, then end up out for whatever reason, maybe even brainwashed to forget it (and that "feel greek" be some sort of vague memory of it)  

Fun thing if she used fire or lava could have been perfect "red half" of Gill, with Kolin being already the blue one lol, they would be very opposite

PS: pankratium was'nt "martial art of centurions" that was made up by twitter guy.

Even boxing was a banned sport in the legions (due unnecessary damage on soldiers), imagine pankratium wich offered even more ways to fuck up the opponent

Edited by CESTUS III

I'm honestly surprised @CESTUS III, of all people, DIDN'T notice THIS GUY.
marisa-ss02.jpg

demetrios.jpg

(just joking, it's more likely they wanted to reference 300's Dilios. Even though Cestus's Demetrios would be a fitting comparison, because he's Greek as well, knows pankration and acts as Nero's personal bodyguard)

videomoviespeech300plataea.jpg

After all, it's not the first time Capcom referenced 300. Even HONDA in SFV paraphrased "This is Spartaaaa" during his CA... 😂

Edited by Miðgarðsorm