Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

A few interesting takeaways:

- Juri claims that she got Chun-Li to quit her job by "pulling strings" at Interpol. Wonder what she means.

- This interaction establishes that when Juri and Chun meet in their respective Arcade Modes it is *after* Juri kidnaps Bosch and the events of WTM.

- Juri refers to Seth as a "they" instead of a "he". Unnecessary but understandable given his current cirumstances.

- The FSE engine is not just a ki-manipulater, apparently she can use it to hack electronic devices.

11 hours ago, mykka said:

I would be more than fine with Adon and Dudley replacing Sagat and Balrog in this game

Yeah Sagat deserves to be an NPC and no change of moveset at all, his iconic for tiger shots and tiger uppercut

His a decent character tutorial that teaches player to play against zoner effectively

Sagat doesn't need to be any kind of real life Mu Thai practitioner, He doesn't need to change change his iconic moves et to FIGHT LIKE an actual human Mu Thai Fighter

Street Fighter Universe and Logic isn't like real life,

Because that is degrading to him as an iconic boss.

As Ryu doesn't need to Fight like an actual Karate Fighter

As Dhalsim doesn't need to fight like a real Yoga Practitioner

I'll say Adon could change a bit to a more Mu Thai representation as a playable character would be better

Since Sagat has no business of challenging status quo of others anymore, his up there and his not like Ryu that strives for meeting new characters

2 hours ago, Daemos said:

- Juri refers to Seth as a "they" instead of a "he". Unnecessary but understandable given his current cirumstances.

this starts to get interesting

I hope to see more Seth Clones and Variants along with Twelves and Elevens roaming around WTM pretending to be characters, Master and NPC

3 hours ago, Daemos said:

- Juri claims that she got Chun-Li to quit her job by "pulling strings" at Interpol. Wonder what she means.

- This interaction establishes that when Juri and Chun meet in their respective Arcade Modes it is *after* Juri kidnaps Bosch and the events of WTM.

- The FSE engine is not just a ki-manipulater, apparently she can use it to hack electronic devices.

More importantly, it explains how Juri rode her bike from Brazil to England back in ASF.  😛

1 hour ago, Shakunetsu said:

I hope to see more Seth Clones and Variants along with Twelves and Elevens roaming around WTM pretending to be characters, Master and NPC

I'm hoping for a reveal that SiRN is being run by Seth.  Who cleared up their glitches with a hard reboot, and then got some artificial skin to pass as human.

And also, that you're CAC is a Seth.  😛

Edited by DarthEnderX
4 hours ago, Daemos said:

4:50. Here she says that she made up the story about her family... Even though that's an established info since SF4.

Who knows if the part about Viper is a lie as well...

7 hours ago, ToreyBeans said:

Hey guys! Although I've been swamped lately and unable to play like I want, I managed to finally get the artbook uploaded in a zip file. Enjoy!

https://mega.nz/file/91UAwSiQ#M1ctenoOO2rj03Mjhm0UZmkNOmddXI2s7IHx7waBnmc

Thanks! I'll take a look at it when I get home!

1 minute ago, Lord_Vega said:

4:50. Here she says that she made up the story about her family... Even though that's an established info since SF4.

Who knows if the part about Viper is a lie as well...

I understood it as she is telling the truth but she doesn't want to come off as vulnerable or sad so she tried to turn it around. They are basically softening her image here.

AKI is so fucking unnecessary lol, feels they will just try to replicate Juri's success as the new evil edgy crowd bitch 

I know she's been built up with SFV side story, but still 

Would like new female villain though 

Marisa could have been a cool bodyguard sub-boss for JP lol 

Give me malaysian girl with tiger scars repping silat 

4 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

AKI is so fucking unnecessary lol, feels they will just try to replicate Juri's success as the new evil edgy crowd bitch 

I think they are trying to replicate FemSeth's success because they like the function of FANG and don't want to drop it.

I would've preferred if they reimagine FANG as someone far more serious tonally with a slightly sleeker and edgy design. But alas, the power of the vagina is beyond me.

Edited by Daemos
2 minutes ago, Daemos said:

I would've preferred if they reimagine FANG as someone far more serious tonally with a slightly sleeker and edgy design. But alas, the power of the vagina is beyond me.

Punchline-vs-Harley-Quinn-1-1.jpg

DC did that to Harley Quinn by introducing Punchline,

Harley Quinn became a sought character love by males and females, so they soften her image too and make her a misunderstood individual

37 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Hopefully AKI will be the new, INFINITELY more evil and sadistic female of SF.

if that so, that would definitely end up as the Punchline of Juri

BM_92_punchline2_5e7a8b61532a59.35951267

2 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

And also, that you're CAC is a Seth.  😛

Would be anticlimatic AF 

You're supposed to be just young shonen guy who starts from noob then become some kind of martial arts prodigy thanks to many different masters 

Essentially you're Kenichi lol 

History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi (Anime) | AnimeClick.it

Edited by CESTUS III

Maybe as an Alt Skin that when bruised gets torn up and you see the Cyborg beneath it. But I hope the default Seth is nude and rude.

Nah.  Other way around to me.  Gimmie that "passing for human" as their main skin.  But then the ol' washing machine stomach as their "classic" skin.

2 hours ago, Daemos said:

I understood it as she is telling the truth but she doesn't want to come off as vulnerable or sad so she tried to turn it around. They are basically softening her image here.

Or they're upping her duplicity.  She knows you won't believe what she tells you, so she tells you the truth!

Edited by DarthEnderX
51 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

You're supposed to be just young shonen guy who starts from noob then become some kind of martial arts prodigy thanks to many different masters 

Yeah...just your average young shounen guy...who can perfectly replicate any fighting style after observing it for a couple hours.  Even the bizarre, physique altering capabilities of someone like Dhalsim.  Yep.  Definitely doesn't sound like any character we know about...

You're TOTALLY not SiRN's newest, most advanced secret project, sent out to track down powerful fighters, record their fight data, and duplicate all of their moves.  Nosiree.

13 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

Yeah...just your average young shounen guy...who can perfectly replicate any fighting style after observing it for a couple hours.  Even the bizarre, physique altering capabilities of someone like Dhalsim.  Yep.  Definitely doesn't sound like any character we know about...

You're TOTALLY not SiRN's newest, most advanced secret project, sent out to track down powerful fighters, record their fight data, and duplicate all of their moves.  Nosiree.

Combine with those weird body physique in  metro city isnt something like cyberpunk like metropolis but more like those alien metropolis that has inhuman body.

I know that some in SF3 is something like that but it's not the average citizen of typical sf universe

1 hour ago, DarthEnderX said:

-premise, i did'nt completed WT so this post reflect my current mid-run perspective, i don't know if end game will give hints about CaC being SiRN-

I said Kenichi, and is essentially what Kenichi does

Btw let's not pretend this kind of shit is impossibru in SF world, we literally got a high school girl that without secret powers of any kind or even just proper long Ansatsuken training under Ryu/Gouken, can do this

sakura-fireball.gif⬅️ watch this canon shit lol

Would add is important say beyond some weird/forced stuff due gameplay reasons, canon wise you're NOT supposed to be good as your Master at that style, pretty sure to remember Chun Li after one low-level fight saying she's not going soft on us, but that she adapt her performance to our level (wich is a way to say she's going soft but said in diplomatic way to not hurt our feelings lol) or something like that

Essentially just like in real life when noob join the gym you don't need to sparring in super slow-motion or to turn your fist in a caress, but at same time you're not supposed to use your best feints to strike his chin to KTFO him, bomb his liver as if you're fighting for the belt or try to make him limp whole next week lol

One good example i seen in my run is even maxing Luke style (the only i maxed so far) after defeating hundreds of street thugs and some good fighters, will NOT put me on par with Luke 😄

I got his whole moveset up to Lv3 super art, yet only thing i obtained is unlock the option to have a serious sparring with Luke where he is completely overpowered compared to me lol, guess canon wise THAT's the true Luke lol

Then you have ingame limitations story can't cover years of our CaC life training, so it's all condensed... but agan, even within SF canon i'm not sure if took THAT long for Sakura to throw her first hadoken (wich canon wise is'nt comparable to Ryu's one)

Just like for regular cast ingame feats don't necessary reflect canon ones

Imagine if main cast gameplay would reflect actual canon power levels what impossible to play mess would be 😄

Last as i mentioned i think a page ago, if format is similar to Soul Calibur one whole gimmick is your CaC evolving/grinding from noob up to anime hero boss beater, JRPG style, same shit

9 hours ago, Daemos said:

This is literally the JP origin story. It's GENIUS!

This puts his criticism of Bison in a new light because you know this man was sick of all the stuff Bison wanted to have.

“We have managed to install statues of you and the other three kings in your lair. It was costly, but we are still within our budget to-“

IMG_3313.png

“…you want to tear down one of the statues and replace it with a new one? You do know that- yes yes. I’ll make the arrangements.”

2 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

-premise, i did'nt completed WT so this post reflect my current mid-run perspective, i don't know if end game will give hints about CaC being SiRN-

It doesn't as far as I know of.

But since WT is getting updated with each new DLC character, it would be a cool reveal for the final update for SF6.  Especially if Seth was the final character they added.  And then they're all "You've been unknowingly preparing to be my new body this whole time.  Prepare for the download!" and then you're all "Nuh uh uhh!  All my travels have taught me the meaning of strength."  FIGHT!

edit- It seems Marz did survive her encounter with FANG?

I mastered Cammy's style to level 20 and maxed out her bond to 100. Marz died. She even says unfortunately one of them didn't survive before the game displays artwork of all the dolls san Marz. RIP Marz 😔

Edited by Darc_Requiem
8 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I mastered Cammy's style to level 20 and maxed out her bond to 100. Marz died. She even says unfortunately one of them didn't survive before the game displays artwork of all the dolls san Marz. RIP Marz 😔

Thanks for clarifying. This is such a terrible loss. Especially when you consider that her death was in vain because Bison is coming next season.

At least her sisters got to experience a taste of normal life for a bit in part thanks to her. Bless her. #RIP

23 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Thanks for clarifying. This is such a terrible loss. Especially when you consider that her death was in vain because Bison is coming next season.

At least her sisters got to experience a taste of normal life for a bit in part thanks to her. Bless her. #RIP

In all honesty, it was a pointless sacrifice because F.A.N.G. ended up surviving anyway. If they both were down for the count at least it would have a "worthy" sacrifice. I did like how Cammy talks about Decapre. She's in Delta Red now and they meet to talk often to get to know each other. Plus one of the quests is about Cammy trying to learn how to be good with dogs because her twin sister is a dog person and she is a cat person. Honestly, and I haven't maxed everyone yet, but the story nuggets for the main cast in World Tour Mode are great. You get to see personality and progression. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
4 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

That's nothing new for street fighter. Sakura being the prime example. Lily by her own admission learned to fight by copying t hawk. Copying is literally twelve gimmick. The CAC doesn't need to be a robot to justify being able to x copy everything

Just now, Darc_Requiem said:

In all honesty, it was a pointless sacrifice because F.A.N.G. ended up surviving anyway. If they both were down at least it would have a "worthy" sacrifice.

I was actually joking. I would say that her sacrifice is worth it because ultimately it lead to giving Nash and subsequently Ryu their one opportunity to stop Bison from going full Final Bison mode. Had she not done what she did, I think the world would've ended up being a very different place.

But I'm happy that all the dolls have moved on with their lives. Especially seeing Cammy and her bond with these ladies. I'm also glad that most of them did not pursue further combat.

3 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

It doesn't as far as I know of.

But since WT is getting updated with each new DLC character, it would be a cool reveal for the final update for SF6.  Especially if Seth was the final character they added.  And then they're all "You've been unknowingly preparing to be my new body this whole time.  Prepare for the download!" and then you're all "Nuh uh uhh!  All my travels have taught me the meaning of strength."  FIGHT!

Gods i hope not lol, i just wish the CaC to be just another guy that started the martial arts journey to find himself, just like Luke and Ryu before him

Mostly because i hate the whole lab rats gimmick, we got already too many in SF

But beside that would lessen the concept that you can create the char to be whatever you want and regardless of your choices would lessen it to another of these silly lab things

5 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

That's nothing new for street fighter. Sakura being the prime example. Lily by her own admission learned to fight by copying t hawk.

There's a pretty significant difference between Sakura and Lily, who spend their whole lives being able to "sorta" copy a single person's fighting style, and what the CAC does, which is perfectly replicate EVERY fighting style he sees almost instantly.

5 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Copying is literally twelve gimmick. The CAC doesn't need to be a robot to justify being able to x copy everything

Dude...Twelve IS a robot.  He's an artificial construct just like Seth.  Only...gooier.  That's not supporting the argument that the CAC is a normal human.

10 hours ago, Daemos said:

edit- It seems Marz did survive her encounter with FANG?

Where did you see Marz? She was the only one missing from the doll recap in Cammy's story

Also why are Xiayu and Jianyu still in their fighting uniforms?

Edited by mykka
3 hours ago, mykka said:

From what I can tell, no cameos by Rose, Menat, Karin, Ibuki, Kolin, Necro, Necalli

I am almost certain Ibuki will show up as DLC, and that Karin will show up in Sakura’s story.

Necalli could be the red sheep skeleton in Lily’s art.

Anything related to the SS aside from the billboard has been ignored it seems.

Rose/Menat is an odd exclusion.

No mention of Q at all also.

It seems that the events of the SF3 were isolated and did not have the worldwide impact of the WW tournaments.

6 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

There's a pretty significant difference between Sakura and Lily, who spend their whole lives being able to "sorta" copy a single person's fighting style, and what the CAC does, which is perfectly replicate EVERY fighting style he sees almost instantly.

yeah plus the whole extending limbs and body parts look bizzare.

there's a reason why there are only 2 street fighter could that before SF6

one is a very old yoga mystic and the other one is a genetically modified human a mutant like person

they should not have given dhalsim ability other than flame and teleport

the humaniod deformed weird physique BODY with very giantic head or very tiny head. I know some will say how about FANG in SFV? for someone who don't know better of ARTSTYLE and ART direction along with Semi Cartoonish versus Semi Realistic 

Ryu Classic in SF6 and Ryu SFV are to different art style and art direction. So whatever that huge hands and weird physique in SF5 isn't applicable to SF6 that is SEMI REALISTIC. 

So weird physique and oddly shaped WTM Custom characters in SF6 aren't compromising to the semi-realistic artstyle. there's a reason why Blanka is better looking in SF5 than SF6.

That why WTM Custom Characters are not match or a MISMATCH to the game's general character ART STYLE which is Semi-Realistic.

While the extending LIMBS, LEGS and ARMS are not compromising to the establish SF mythos.

Edited by Shakunetsu
6 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Sakura did not passed her whole life to being able to throw her first hadoken, she's was an high school girl that seen Ryu and withot proper training was able to do ansatsuken superhuman stuff in relatively short time

Key is some SF feats while being incredible even in SF world are not so impossible to pick up, to make it simple whole point is almost everything we see is made possible by ki, and every human have ki

The SFV indian cop feel average unskilled as you can get, yet in SFV he was able to generate a (very small) start of flame like Dhalsim ones

Dan seems relatively dumb and not particular talented, yet in short period at Gouken's dojo developed his gadoken and even bigger stuff

Btw again, what CaC does it's an archetype that exist within anime world... you have Kenichi with whle series being about very same gimmick, or to pick another Chiba Takayuki in Kengan Ashura

I remember also Noritaka picking different martial arts based on next opponent

To some extent even Kenshiro from HnK once gave proof he could replicate techniques of masters he meet

Even the concept stay pretty similar in all these, the fighter being able to imitate multiple different styles, but in most cases the imitation being not as good as the original

But as said the biggest point is understand what are CaC abilities hinted by canon, and not take gameplay as accurate mirror of canon ability (just like does'nt work for main cast either)

I repeat max master full Luke style does'nt make you able to fight exactly like Luke, once after lot grinding you get there he just consider you worthy to be teached his last technique (lv3 SA), but then you can have a serious sparring session with him only to discover he's still FAR stronger than you

PS: of course this could get absolute absurd if/when we get actual not-humans like Seth or Necalli, but they're not going to selectively remove this or that single technique only to please lore credibility, you just get 100% of the moves and call it a day lol

6 hours ago, mykka said:

Also why are Xiayu and Jianyu still in their fighting uniforms?

Maybe they just like them.  There's 12 of 'em.  It makes sense there'd be at least a couple who would wake up from brainwashing and be like "You know, I kinda liked what we were doing."

15 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Sakura did not passed her whole life to being able to throw her first hadoken, she's was an high school girl that seen Ryu and withot proper training was able to do ansatsuken superhuman stuff in relatively short time

I feel like you're being intentionally obtuse now.

Yeah, Sakura learned to throw a Hadoken in a relatively short time.  She also knows how to do a Shoryuken...sorta.  And a Tastumaki...sorta.  She uses Ryu's fighting style...in theory.  In practice, how she performs it is very different.  And now, she's a character that has been around for years, and she's integrated...nobody elses moves.

Contrast that to the CAC, who can perfectly copy 18 fighting styles after one training session each.

15 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Btw again, what CaC does it's an archetype that exist within anime world

It also exists in the SF world.  As Shadaloo androids.

Speaking of which:

Spoiler

I just reached the point in the story where they introduced SiRN's new line of copy fighters.  They look like Seths without the Tanden Engine.

Soon as I saw them I was like "Ohh shit!  It's happening!"

Edited by DarthEnderX
41 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

The SFV indian cop feel average unskilled as you can get, yet in SFV he was able to generate a (very small) start of flame like Dhalsim ones

Dan seems relatively dumb and not particular talented, yet in short period at Gouken's dojo developed his gadoken and even bigger stuff

lol that indian cop, let's wait and see.

Dan has his dojo but fail to replicate the exact movesets of the Gouken

Even Ryu can't even replicate exactly Gouken

Wait till Akuma comes up or something along Oro or another Master Level Fighter then the CAC copied it without any issue.

Only Custom Character are able to easily extend their limbs, arms and leg that easily.

while those feat should be either for an age yoga master like Dhalsim or a Genetically Modified NECRO that somehow a mutant of somesort

Edited by Shakunetsu

So what is the canonicity of the Cac?

Can we have a discussion about this and settle it between us?

-spoilers ahead-

The main reason why I think the Cac is to SOME extent canonical is because had the Cac not snuck into the Nayshall palace, JP would not have known that the belt is rigged. This would've changed the entire outcome of the final chapter and the story moving forward possibly.

So I propose that the Cac is canonical only to the extent of its direct involvement of the main plot.

This means that canonically, Ryu did not take a student and Ken was not training a stranger on his lunch breaks at a construction site. Obviously all the interactions and information that the "master" characters reveal about themselves is canon. The stuff we see happening around the city and the interactions with its people is also canon.

As far as your Cac beating JP at the end. I find this one very strange and more ambiguous. JP didn't bring it up after during the mentorship at all. Like I was half expecting him to reveal that he threw the fight to a give a fake show for the media like what @bakfromontheorized or because he wanted to teach you a lesson in nihilism.

I'm inclined to wait and see if this is brought up again but hypothetically if this fight never took place canonically it wouldn't change the outcome of the final chapter.

Having Cac beat JP is a terrible disservice to the character. Even though he's an accountant, he's a Shadaloo accountant - His ass should be kicked by one of the heroes (like Ken?) if it comes to that.

Edited by Daemos
2 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

I feel like you're being intentionally obtuse now.

Yeah, Sakura learned to throw a Hadoken in a relatively short time.  She also knows how to do a Shoryuken...sorta.  And a Tastumaki...sorta.  She uses Ryu's fighting style...in theory.  In practice, how she performs it is very different.  And now, she's a character that has been around for years, and she's integrated...nobody elses moves.

Contrast that to the CAC, who can perfectly copy 18 fighting styles after one training session each.

Hide contents

-Could reply you're actively ignoring parts of what i say that don't fit your theory 😄 -

Yeah, and despite gameplay representation same is what the CaC does... he learn to imitate masters fighting style and he's pretty good at it (imitate), but beyond ingame appearance  does'nt do it perfectly

Game actively try to hard hint you even max the style does'nt put you on same level as the master, Luke (who's kinda middle/high-middle tier guy in SF universe) is an absolute monster next to you even the day you max his style, what you have in your hands is a pale imitation and you have lot of grinding ahead to reach his actual level (of a friendly, non-life-or-death sparring)

Max the style is kinda receive a black belt, it's nice achievement and way to aknowledge your progress but does'nt mean much in terms of turning you in a world level fighter

Is also worth consider one thing

NONE of the masters i seen so far (9 iirc) is freaked out by our CaC progress and ability to learn, everybody seem to perceive you as pretty good, great spirit, fast learner up to recognize you're exceptionally talented but nobody seem to consider you some kind of anomaly that can't be explained by SF world rules

You're just being a Strong Disciple Kenichi 😄

While at it we also have lot of absolutely normal people (NPCs without backstory that barely have a name lol) that probably without have 10% of our CaC shonen hero "special guy" talent learned to imitate SF main cast characters special moves ingame...

Like one random guy of Guile area NPC say Guile arrived on the ship not long ago, yet he can already fight like him

We may add if story give you a cheat mode to reach "strenght" (you being a cyborg and all that) it will essentially betray the game mission of put you in same shoes as characters like Ryu or Luke

To be clear, i don't doubt in capcom ability to fuck up CaC story, i just hope they don't lmao

To pick a videogame that have some parallels with WT (and that imho inspired it) Shenmue i think is another good example

Experience Ryo Hazuki's story again, Shenmue I & II Remastered!! – J1  STUDIOS

Without be a robot Ryo Hazuki just goes around following his story events, know new martial arts masters and learn their moves after a demonstration, adapting it to SF crazy world standards the parallel stand lol

Edited by CESTUS III
13 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

DoULR98.jpg

It's EVO 2025.

A series of botched balance patches have left SFVI in shambles, Dee Jay is by far the strongest character in the game with unseeable, unreactable, full screen left-right-up-down mixups and deadly zoning. Some say this is comeuppance for the wrongdoings committed on him during SFIV, others that this is divine punishment placed on the FGC for allowing Smash at EVO again.

Now, in top 32, there are 31 Dee Jay mains and only one man left standing. Fuudo, playing as the recently released DLC character Fei Long, must stand against the tide and save the FGC by claiming the title of EVO champion from the Dee Jay horde.

Will he succumb? Or will he triumph against all odds?

Only time and maybe an emergency character ban can tell.

3 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

To pick a videogame that have some parallels with WT (and that imho inspired it) Shenmue i think is another good example

Experience Ryo Hazuki's story again, Shenmue I & II Remastered!! – J1  STUDIOS

Without be a robot Ryo Hazuki just goes around following his story events, know new martial arts masters and learn their moves after a demonstration, adapting it to SF crazy world standards the parallel stand lol

Look shenmue is a different world and most of the things you only claims is Sakura, so e everyone else can be like and easily be like anyone

Sakura has no extending limbs and legs combined super deformed body, Even Shenmue didn't have super deformed body mutant like body.

Seth can mimic Dhalsim extending legs and arms because of his not an average guy along with Necro.

Claiming the indian guy and dan as something that is just dumb than average human in SF which pushing Sakura is the reason why the WTM custom character can simply easily learned Dhalsim and Necro technique to modify their body physique is far reaching

and also disservice to both the characters of Necro and Dhalsim along with their backstories.

Plus those weird physique isn't very average in a art style of SF6 that is more of semi-realism than any other modern SF.

4 minutes ago, mykka said:

Her not appearing in the artwork and Cammy saying they lost a doll pretty much confirms it tbh.

Maybe @EvilCanadianwill mention it in one of his videos

I think even watching the cinematic mode of SFV would make you presume even FANG to be dead as well.

but likely those vague and ambiguous death, the only finalized or confirmed now that I think would stay is CHARLIE NASH, for Good...?

Another one probably was GEN because it's not just Akuma but his body also had a tow on him for years now. Regardless if he'll (Gen) comeback that's likely the last return we'll be expecting in a moving forward timeline SF game.

Unless they(Capcom) went to a deus ex machina route for Gen like Jaime lineage has found a mixture of herbs and drinks to cure Gen leukiemia. Yet I doubt it because clearly Jaime is the replacemnt of Gen, Yun and Yang.

Plus Jaime is already a successful new SF characters same as Kimberly and Manon. So I doubt Gen would even return as a playable character.

On 6/4/2023 at 7:30 PM, Dracu said:

Also the Ultras are the craziest. There are many throws Abel uses that actually emulate judo pretty well. His regular throws, his air grab and the final hit of his rekkas come to mind. His command throw is kinda whack, but even that's still somewhat belivable.

Manon's techniques also are grounded in actual jūdō. If you talk about REAL throws, the only real techniques are:

- uchi mata, Abel's forward normal and Manon's back normal, although in Abel's case it resembles more an ō soto gari and was named Drop Throw in the English version; also Manon's finishing throw during her Pas de Deux SA (not its CA version);
- tai otoshi, Abel's back normal (Pincer Throw in English), actually more similar to an ō guruma in execution;

- ō uchi gari, Manon's forward normal;

- ippon seoi nage, Abel's anti-air special Falling Sky;

- uki waza, Abel's Finish Mid during Change of Direction.

Everything else is "bullshit", whether you add ballet and swan feathers or try to stick to your traditional martial seriousness which apparently gives your moves more gravitas, even if you are a clone whose eyes go black when you're too excited and in both cases you jump higher than a 10 story building while rotating your opponent as if they are in a tornado, before catching them again and drive them to the ground. You can like whatever artistic license you want, but don't tell me one is "non-bullshit jūdō" or "believable" because they're absolutely the same level of bullshit from a realistic point of view.
Abel's Finish Low is based on morote gari but good luck throwing your opponent with that and making him do a 450° flip backwards, so that's already superhuman. Manon's 1st and 2nd medals Manège doré is based on kouchi gari but even here you would never cause your opponent to do a backflip like that. It's particularly egregious if we consider that many of those throws assume to catch... the lapel of your opponent's jūdōgi, even when there's absolutely nothing to grab. So we can watch Abel grabbing... What, Blanka's chest hair?, and swinging him over his head, or Manon's 5 medals Manège doré when she grabs an inexistent lapel to choke her opponent while airborne, or again her final uchi mata during Pas de Deux.
Also, answer to @Shakunetsuabout Thailand incoming... with the jaguar explanation.

4 hours ago, Daemos said:

As far as your Cac beating JP at the end. I find this one very strange and more ambiguous. JP didn't bring it up after during the mentorship at all. Like I was half expecting him to reveal that he threw the fight to a give a fake show for the media like what @bakfromontheorized or because he wanted to teach you a lesson in nihilism

I have the feeling

that the WTM custom character can be canon but it only represent a single character througout the SF canon. 

that the rest aren't existing, OR that@DarthEnderXis trying to implied is that they aren't normal humans. if they are all existing and not just one

either something behind this is SIRN? 

OR

What I am thinking if all of them are existing probably genetically modified  by either the Secret Society 

03_miss03.webp

looks like being genetically modified had been a norm and fully integrated in society in SF Canon, for some few individuals 

that based on what they got from Twelve and Eleven technological and genetical advancement were marketed to some individuals as something of body enchancement.

but in return 

making them like SLEEPER AGENTs, some how like the similar case of Umbrella Corporation from the Resident Evil Franchise.

I think that this two ideas and theories can justify the mutant like abomination physique of some WTM Custom Characters along with easily extending body parts.

instead of claiming that the Indian guy and Dan was dumb, and Sakura learned it so everybody now can extend their arms and legs like Seth, Necro and Dhalsim.

Street Fighter isn't just martial arts or anything is just martial arts in SF. lol thats very SF1 mentality especially justifying extending limbs to kenichi lol

Edited by Shakunetsu