Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

4 hours ago, Lord_Vega said:

The bolded part... wasn't that only for Gouken himself that he refrained to use the Shoryuken? If that was forbidden, why did he taught it to Ryu and Ken? Doesn't make sense. I thought that the prohibition was only on the Masahiko Nakahira's SFZ manga...

He taught it to his students because it was the final secret technique he could teach them. Goutetsu who taught both Gouken and Gouki SGS was the original forbidden move. Goutetsu taught them this technique as a way for both students to ultimately decide for themselves how they were going to utilize it. 

Gouken can use SGS but chooses not to for obvious reasons and thus he's developed a counter for it and Gouki uses it wholeheartedly. Think about how Ryu describes the difference in both his and Kens styles in SF6 WTM. Ken chooses to add variations to his style while Ryu stays true to what his master taught him and expands upon it

Following his arts tradition Gouken teaches his most dangerous technique to his students which is SRK. Gouken forbade Ryu and Ken from using them it while under his tutelage. Though since they graduated they can utilize the technique anyway they choose to. Ken has multiple variety of SRK while Ryu sticks to the tradition that his master taught him.

This is why Shin Shoryu is Ryu's most powerful attack because Gouken learned the proper the form from his master. It's been almost indistinguishable from a Metsu SRK until now.  

Metsu SRK launches the opponent with the knee while the fist is still connected to the opponents jaw. The most recent depiction of the Shin Shoryu is one body shot to the gut an upper cut to the jaw and a knee to the gut with the fist to the jaw already disconnected and rising to the air. It's a subtle difference but one that implies that the technique is supposed to render an opponent unconscious rather than break their jaw or neck.

2 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

That's cool! Are these Carlos sunglasses?

Ayup!

I will say, my biggest disappointment with the CAC(other than the weird special move limitations), is the lack of color options.

Any given piece of clothing only has as many as 4 specific alternative colors that you can dye the item.   And the options available are specific to each item.

Like, I know Soul Calibur is the gold standard when it comes to this.  But FFS, SFxTK did a better job than that!

Edited by DarthEnderX
55 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

I will say, my biggest disappointment with the CAC(other than the weird special move limitations), is the lack of color options.

Pretty sure they will expand all these options with the monthly battle pass and also seasonally when they expand the world map.

1 hour ago, DarthEnderX said:

Ayup!

Any given piece of clothing only has as many as 4 specific alternative colors that you can dye the item.   And the options available are specific to each item.

Like, I know Soul Calibur is the gold standard when it comes to this.  But FFS, SFxTK did a better job than that!

As somebody who knows very very well SC editor, SF6 one have HUGE limitations, lot of wich are completely intentional

Capcom chosen to try keep people hooked by thirst rather than quality sadly

Still, is possible do pretty cool stuff as long one accept to create starting from what we have at our disposal

24 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Pretty sure they will expand all these options with the monthly battle pass and also seasonally when they expand the world map.

That's surely the case

Also the avatar hub shop will add FC stuff too

2 hours ago, Daemos said:

I'm sure we'll get more clothing pieces, but I'd be surprised if we get more colors in the clothing that's already there.

I'm pretty lucky that all the pieces of clothing I wanted to wear had a "black" option.  But every item I'm wearing is like a slightly different SHADE of black.  So it only KINDA matches.  The Investment Vest isn't going to get a "slightly darker shade of gray" option later down the line.  Especially since, that's just not how the dye system works.

You also have no control at all over secondary colors on an item.  Like, my tie is the color that it is because it's the tie that comes with the black vest.  There's no changing the tie color without also changing the vest color.

Contrast that to, say, SFxTK, where, granted, you could only color the whole outfit, but you had options for like the primary, secondary outfit colors, and then primary and secondary accessory colors, and each of those had WAY more than 4 options each.

tl;dr The character creator for the character's body in this game is fantastic.  The character creator for the character's clothing kinda sucks.

1 hour ago, DarthEnderX said:

I'm sure we'll get more clothing pieces, but I'd be surprised if we get more colors in the clothing that's already there.

Kinda sure we will get more, some enemies/NPC got outfits with same clothes as us, but some wear color schemes at the moment we can't make

Guess Capcom will simply add more types of tint, unlocking new color schemes

ps: how you unlocked Carlos sunglasses? Is possible get his gloves too?

Well.  Completed the main story and unlocked the last fighting style.

8 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

I'm glad they are acknowledging this detail

Western and international audience need to l known this. that he ain't like the live action movies and the recent wreck it ralph

FyMTvOZXwAcsyu8?format=jpg&name=large

To be fair, he does say that his pro-wrestling persona is a "heel".  So to the public in the SF world, he is a "bad guy".

I finally messed around to test my theory on World Tour. Seems like it works. I saved my Gouka design. Created Sean. Only down side is switching looks cost 1000 zenny but 1000 zenny isn't shit in World Tour Mode.

Spoiler

qr4BhuN.jpg

dDlUNGr.jpg

And Sean tells Ken what he thinks bout being to send fight Ryu with no training....

ObDECc7.jpg

Ln46YQd.jpg

Edited by Darc_Requiem
3 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

It's crazy to me CAC only has one character slot...

Yes and no. You save multiple designs on you save file. So you can make several designs. And save them. You can also save your favorite gear appearances. So I saved my Gouka's design and her gear setup. I did the same for Sean. So when I want to go back to Gouka. I can just load everything and be golden. 

12 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:
21 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

I'm glad they are acknowledging this detail

Western and international audience need to l known this. that he ain't like the live action movies and the recent wreck it ralph

FyMTvOZXwAcsyu8?format=jpg&name=large

To be fair, he does say that his pro-wrestling persona is a "heel".  So to the public in the SF world, he is a "bad guy".

Also, they practically used Ralph's own costume to make Zangief's casual (I WANT THAT IN GAME CAPCOM), down to the same colour palette.

However, I suppose he's a heel now. Couldn't have been back in SFIV with all those children being his fans, lol. I imagine he's "The Gief". After all, we saw him lose the mask in his intro.

Alright boys and girls... I have NEW theories about Bison in SF6... So bear with me.

Capcom recently announced a new series of SF merchandise, and among them were Bison. The website selling these products has a short snippet with details about each character.

5aVQlI8.png

The last line of text is something unheard of before. Bison never had a tragic backstory in the canon. So my immediate thought was - This can't be a mistake, all other information about the other characters is accurate. So this must be related to a future WTM release. Are Capcom adding the character and then attempting to soften him like everyone currently else in WTM?

It would be tragic IMO to try to give Bison "humanity". I prefer one comic's portrayal (think it was a Chinese comic?) that had Bison born evil.

1 hour ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

However, I suppose he's a heel now. Couldn't have been back in SFIV with all those children being his fans, lol. I imagine he's "The Gief". After all, we saw him lose the mask in his intro.

Seemingly other way around.  He's telling a story about earlier in his career and says he used to be a "heel". 

33 minutes ago, Daemos said:

I prefer one comic's portrayal (think it was a Chinese comic?) that had Bison born evil.

Well that's just silly.

I have no problem with him being evil without a tragic backstory, but unless he's not human and is actually some kind of demon there's no reason for him to be "born evil".

Edited by DarthEnderX
4 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

Well that's just silly.

I have no problem with him being evil without a tragic backstory, but unless he's not human and is actually some kind of demon there's no reason for him to be "born evil".

Psychopaths can be born that way. This one happens to have an extreme propensity towards violence, megalomania, and psychic powers.

The idea that Bison is evil because of "society" or some other nonsense betrays the type of villain he is. 

The last line of text is something unheard of before. Bison never had a tragic backstory in the canon. So my immediate thought was - This can't be a mistake, all other information about the other characters is accurate. So this must be related to a future WTM release. Are Capcom adding the character and then attempting to soften him like everyone currently else in WTM?

Maybe they watched The Legend of Chun Li? 😆

4 hours ago, Daemos said:

Alright boys and girls... I have NEW theories about Bison in SF6... So bear with me.

Capcom recently announced a new series of SF merchandise, and among them were Bison. The website selling these products has a short snippet with details about each character.

5aVQlI8.png

It would be tragic IMO to try to give Bison "humanity". I prefer one comic's portrayal (think it was a Chinese comic?) that had Bison born evil.

Is'nt canon that at begin he was a Soul Power user?

Since we got that info he hint is he got corrupted at some point kinda like Akuma, switching from Soul to Psycho

Given the parallel Capcom did between SP and JoJo, i ever thought his corruption could have been for egoistic lust for power and eternal life (mirror of Straizo, wich ASF did a bit)

But maybe they're planning to make him give up to dark side after something tragic happened to him, making him tap into Psycho Power

Wonder if Dhalsim thinking specifically at Soul Power being dangerous too was foreshadowing of something

"Psycho Power, Ki, the power of Yoga, the Satsui no Hado."

And Soul Power too, Dhalsim added silently. Oro closed his eyes and rested his chin on his hand, muttering.

"You know what I think? These powers are all the same, when you follow them to their root."

43 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Is'nt canon that at begin he was a Soul Power user?

Based on the murky details and some headcanon, the Bison origin story to me was something like the Goutetsu story in a way.

Bison and 2 other students were being instructed in this rare mystical art of Soul Power by the only known Master of it. The Master knew of its potent dark side but understood that it needed to be limited or else it would drive you insane.

Bison however with his own innate gifts, skills, and ambition, was able to harness the dark side of this ki completely.

Unhappy with the limitations of his master, Bison massacred him and his fellow students and journeyed to learn everything he could about this energy to become the strongest martial artist. Bison named this dark manifestation "Psycho Power".

During these early travels, Bison met a young extremely gifted girl named Rose and took her on as his apprentice but abandoned her sometime later to pursue a new plan that will exponentially expand his research efforts while simultaneously increasing his power and influence (Shadaloo).

I also like to think that the reason Bison did not kill young Rose was because he foresaw her significance in the endgame. He might also have a soft spot for her which may be uncharacteristic of him generally.

edit- Important detail I forgot to mention: He was always evil and that is why his mind is at peace with Psycho Power.

Edited by Daemos
52 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Does Marisa have a surname? All the other newcomers do but I can't seem to find Marisa's.

we don't get to know her surname, but we don't know JP name/surname either, just his current alias

Soon we will not know AKI's either i guess lol

For what's worth we don't know the full name of lot of vets, including many in the game

So apparently on the back of Cammy's phone are the initials "CW"  and on the back of Decapre's phone it says "DW". Have Capcom canonized her last name "White"?

I'm also reading that SF6 also canonized Travers as Cody's last name.

I think they may really come after the Shadaloo Kings' naming this round.

I can confirm that Cody is called Mayor Cody Travers in SF6. Still working on Laura but in the meantime. I'm relatively satisfied with this one.

swPjkqT.jpg

I'm also reading that SF6 also canonized Travers as Cody's last name.

Travers is listed as his name on the Metro City info screen on the world map menu

4 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

we don't get to know her surname, but we don't know JP name/surname either, just his current alias

For what's worth we don't know the full name of lot of vets, including many in the game

The game goes out of its way to give the newcomers surnames it feels weird that Marisa gets left out. 

2 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Ai Ki or Ki Ai to be if you want to be technical about it.

Spoiler

While Ai is an actual Chinese girls name and Ki is an actual Chinese surname, what I typed above is...

Best Jonathan Frakes Of Star Trek Telling You Youre Wrong ...

4 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Based on the murky details and some headcanon, the Bison origin story to me was something like the Goutetsu story in a way.

Bison and 2 other students were being instructed in this rare mystical art of Soul Power by the only known Master of it. The Master knew of its potent dark side but understood that it needed to be limited or else it would drive you insane.

Bison however with his own innate gifts, skills, and ambition, was able to harness the dark side of this ki completely.

Unhappy with the limitations of his master, Bison massacred him and his fellow students and journeyed to learn everything he could about this energy to become the strongest martial artist. Bison named this dark manifestation "Psycho Power".

During these early travels, Bison met a young extremely gifted girl named Rose and took her on as his apprentice but abandoned her sometime later to pursue a new plan that will exponentially his research efforts while simultaneously increase his power and influence (Shadaloo).

I also like to think that the reason Bison did not kill young Rose was because he foresaw her significance in the endgame. He might also have a soft spot for her which may be uncharacteristic of him generally.

edit- Important detail I forgot to mention: He was always evil and that is why his mind is at peace with Psycho Power.

Him killing other students was'nt said anywhere, canon wise was just confirmed he killed his Master

Personally i think he got corrupted switching to PP AFTER training Rose, as Rose learned Soul Power from him

This would make  that at some point the SP situation was like

Old Master

v

Bison - Student -Student

v

Rose

Wich would mirror basically JoJo ripple structure

Tonpetty

v

Straizo - Zeppeli - Dire

v

Lisa Lisa

That’s why I said some headcanon mixed in. I think Bison killed his fellow students at the same time he killed his master. It was a bloodbath basically and not a 1v1 ala Akuma and Goutetsu. It was both a demonstration of his power and inhumanity.

As for Rose, he probably instructed her in Soul during a time that he was searching for answers and likeminded people roaming the world. He was probably still in the early stages and didn’t give in completely to PP. He may also have reason to not instruct her in PP so early in her apprenticeship.

In my mind this is about 30-40 years before SF1, which could explain Bison’s military background. 

4 hours ago, The Slick Tony said:

Ok *exhales violently* after sparing against all 18 masters after maxing out their styles, I compiled a list of the levels they are at when they are sparing 'seriously" instead of just training you. These might be where Capcom considers them to be:

Blanka - Lvl 65

Cammy - Lvl 65

Chun-Li - Lvl 65

Dee Jay - Lvl 62

Dhalsim - Lvl 69

E.Honda - Lvl 65

Guile - Lvl 68

Jamie - Lvl 67

JP - Lvl 68

Juri - Lvl 66

Ken - Lvl 67

Kimberly - Lvl 64

Lily - Lvl 61

Luke - Lvl 60

Manon - Lvl 63

Marisa - Lvl 63

Ryu - Lvl 70

Zangief - Lvl 65

All of those make sense except Jamie.  That puts him above most of the World Warriors.

FyU6AYiacAA4iQa?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://twitter.com/io_housenka/status/1667803018119749637

@io_housenka

ルドラ、みんながグレたダルシムみたいなキャラ、と言ってたら 本当にダルシムのバリエーションだったのは笑った 画像はZERO2のときの没ネタ 鮫島さん(ダルシムの顔変え)

Rudra, when everyone said that it was a character like Dhalsim who was confused, it was really a variation of Dhalsim.

6 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

All of those make sense except Jamie.  That puts him above most of the World Warriors.

Ken should be at least 68.

Chun-Li and Gief should be 67 at least. But you can make a case for 68 easily.

JP should probably be 66 at most. Sure he's got a ton of style, and knows his way around portals to the dark void but your Cac kicked his ass.

All other new characters in SF6 should be 62 or less. Possible exception for Lily if Necalli is her guardian devil.

6 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Makes sense to me.

Alex came out of nowhere and put Balrog to sleep. Juri did the same to Chun-Li, Guile and Cammy. Maybe the World Warriors aren't that big of a deal in the world of fighting. 

4 minutes ago, BootyWarrior said:

Makes sense to me.

Alex came out of nowhere and put Balrog to sleep. Juri did the same to Chun-Li, Guile and Cammy. Maybe the World Warriors aren't that big of a deal in the world of fighting. 

Alex has "chosen one" plot armor. Shadaloo, Sim, and Gill all recognize his hidden talents.

Juri was using the Feng Shui Engine in SF4 which Bison ripped out of her eye socket. Bison could take on Guile, Chun-Li, and Cammy with ease, so FSE Juri was nothing to him.

Juri powered down ever since that encounter because she is now using a much more primitive model of the FSE. She and Chun-Li fight to arguably a draw in SF6 for example.

Edited by Daemos
29 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Juri was using the Feng Shui Engine in SF4 which Bison ripped out of her eye socket. Bison could take on Guile, Chun-Li, and Cammy with ease, so FSE Juri was nothing to him.

Juri beat Cammy without using the FSE and she had the upperhand against Guile & Chun-Li when she was fighting normally. The weaker SFV Juri was able to fight Vega to a draw more than once. The same Vega who bullied Cammy throughout A Shadow Falls.

SF doesn't shy away from new characters beating down the old but this is nicest Capcom's been in a long time. I don't think we'll ever see Jamie fight the WW's since the end result will make people mad.

2 minutes ago, BootyWarrior said:

Juri beat Cammy without using the FSE and she had the upperhand against Guile & Chun-Li when she was fighting normally.

I think as long as the FSE is inside her, it probably is amplifying her strength at the minimum. Juri can go toe to toe with many SF characters. Juri is a special character. That is not the argument here.

Jamie is not Juri. He isn't even close to her level with or without FSE.

If you want to get a gauge of Jamie's power, you can infer it from his fights with Luke. If he can't beat Luke outright, then odds are he can't beat heroes like Guile, Chun, and probably Cammy too.

There is also the factor of time to consider in the SF universe, as a general rule age is power. The oldest characters follow the trend of also likely being the strongest. There are exception like when the young character has a unique power up (like being genetically modified or cyber augmentation).

I don't think Jamie's alcoholism qualifies for the type of power up we're talking about.