Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

29 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

Fuckin' nerds.  Just say what you want.  Who da fuck was the first person to parry that like that?  I never seent anyone do that shit before him.  And I never seent anyone else do it till y'all started posting video.  I dont pay attention to that shit like y'all.

Let me quote RGS3

... What? 

1 hour ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

Fuckin' nerds.  Just say what you want.  Who da fuck was the first person to parry that like that?  I never seent anyone do that shit before him.  And I never seent anyone else do it till y'all started posting video.  I dont pay attention to that shit like y'all.

The context is about Justin. People keep Daigo parrying Justin Wong. They aren't using any technique of Justin's against him, they are using Daigos tech so your comment about it makes no fucking sense hence the replies you are getting. No one is being passive aggressive they are being pretty blatant about your comment being dumb and making no sense. 

Like it's really not that hard to follow you dork. 

Edited by RSG3
3 hours ago, Lantis said:

It's not even that hard to figure out who did it LOL why get so worked up?

The thing that makes me laugh about Moment 37 is that the match isn’t even the Grand finals. It’s semi-finals. They were playing to see who went to GF’s.  Daigo faced KO in the finals and got absolutely bodied. 

What’s even better about that moment is that even back then that parry was such a common occurrence in Japan arcades. Its why you can tell Daigo heavily baited Justin into pulling the trigger and how Daigo was able to parry so effortlessly. 

My favorite Chun SA2 parry is the one Pyrolee did in casuals when he went to Japan for the first time. 

@2:55 is the Parry I’m referring to. 

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, iStu X said:

The thing that makes me laugh about Moment 37 is that the match isn’t even the Grand finals. It’s semi-finals. They were playing to see who went to GF’s.  Daigo faced KO in the finals and got absolutely bodied. 

What’s even better about that moment is that even back then that parry was such a common occurrence in Japan arcades. Its why you can tell Daigo heavily baited Justin into pulling the trigger and how Daigo was able to parry so effortlessly. 

It was kinda like how Daigo was first introduced to Western audiences when he wrecked the US top players in SFA 3 by using A-Guy, which took everyone by surprise, but he was merely just channeling the tech that had been going around the Japanese A3 scene for some time.

oh yeah Elden Ring and Wonderlands are the big 2 I'm getting immediately.  Those seem like 2 games that I can get at least a few hundred hours of total playtime on.

Dying Light 2---one of the interesting things here is that you can apparently keep playing even after your character has been infected...?  I vaguely remember seeing this mentioned briefly somewhere and it instantly sparked my interest that much more.  I'd love to keep playing in the story context as an "infected" monster.

Also... I haven't heard anything on this TMNT Shredder's Revenge in quite a while but I'm looking forward to it *hopefully* it's out sometime soon this year...?

here's another recent vid I found on it....

since they have April as a playable hero, it would be cool if we got some other allies in there too...  perhaps Casey Jones?

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, Lantis said:

It was kinda like how Daigo was first introduced to Western audiences when he wrecked the US top players in SFA 3 by using A-Guy, which took everyone by surprise, but he was merely just channeling the tech that had been going around the Japanese A3 scene for some time.

Or when Japan came over here and ran train on everyone in SFIIi using Urien Charge Partition shoulder tackle combos. 

1 hour ago, AriesWarlock said:

the girls from Persona 5, I think

makoto_vs_ann_by_cirenk_der8ejp-fullview

Always weird to me people draw Anne, the sexual assault victim, being sexually assaulted. It's so common with Anne. 

Anyway @Million this might be a cheaper alternative to buying the whole cab perhaps? Found it while looking for some cheap boards. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Arcade-1up-Pcb-Board-TMNT-/194441675486?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

Edited by RSG3

Tried this game out called Spectrolite.  Its pretty fun and looks real pretty.  Cool music too. 

I've noticed lately that a lot of games now are only 2-6 hours long.  I actually really like that.  Its hard for me to finish the long games, games that are 40+ hours long.  The short games are always priced reasonably too.  Lot of them are trash but many aren't. 

Gonna try out some game called Runewaker later today.  Looks neat.

Edit - In games like Spectrolite I like them much more when the character has visible limbs.  More immersive or something.  See those arms (and sometimes legs) pumping as the character runs.  Just makes it feel much better. 

Edited by Faltimar the Dark

Lego putting Overwatch 2 set on delay, may not even release because of the humongous and still at times growing once you think it's stopped shithole that ActiBlizz has dug for itself.

https://www.ign.com/articles/lego-overwatch-set-delayed-activision-blizzard-allegations

Call of Duty is doing a crossover Attack on Titan event

https://www.ign.com/articles/attack-on-titan-call-of-duty

Didn't think that was something that would ever happen

58 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@SonichumanWTF fam!? 😱

Edit: It's worse than I thought I only got to first line of text. The last line is even worse.....🤨

I had to look further into this for context and the comments says this is actually a song and not some....weirdo furry shit.  The translation turns into dreamcum lmao

Edit:  This response shot from the comics does not help lol

Edited by Sonichuman

Diablo 3--- I haven't played non-season characters in quite a while now... and it just hit me how absurdly OP they must be by now, since the paragon levels from season characters transfer to the off-season characters once it ends (*along with the characters themselves).  There's a definite big pay-off for this season as well since I'm at about 450-something paragon already; still just hanging out around GR75 at the moment...defense becomes quite a problem at this point.  Off season I was at probably 850+, I think... 

D3 is very close to being my favorite game of all time, really... in a few months it will be a 10-year old game, and here I am STILL playing on a regular basis like it just came out yesterday.  It's a shame some of my friends dropped off from playing... way back there was at least 5 or 6 other people to play with on occasion.

Anyway---behold, another one of the excellent cinematic scenes:

3 hours ago, Hecatom said:

So this girl receives criticism for spreading misinformation and does the classic muh sexism hurr durr deflection 🤣.

No wonder G4 keeps losing watchers, lmao.

Edit

Wasnt her stupid ass  fired from LoL due racism? 🤣

what was the misinformation that that she was spreading?

7 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Yea could we get some more context on this story? We only have the response but not what set her off.

Jirard looks uncomfortable on that couch lol.

Also i couldnt help but laugh at the comment about Munn not existing to look nice for you. I mean yea in the grand scheme of the world of course not...but there is HOURS of footage proving she got the job because she was pretty & would sell that aspect of herself out on television. She existed on G4 specifically to be pretty for its audience. Its why she was hired.

Stand up against sexism and shit, I'm all for it, but don't try and rewrite history like Olivia Munn didn't know what she was doing when she deep throated 14 hot dogs on national televison.

Edited by RSG3
37 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

What started this particular rant was that she was caught saying stuff like that the Harry Potter game is an xbox exclusive (despite you know, the game being announced to the public on the playstation event, and sony having the rights over the promotional material of it lol),  she has been caught a lot of times making claims and trying to pass them as facts regarding games/the industry that are not true or reporting stuff that is poorly researched, and people have been calling her out on that since almost the very beginning, 

Then add that she seems to be a xbox fangirl, people wouldnt have an issue with that if it wasnt because she makes a lot of claims passing them as facts like xbox is destroying playstation despite a quick glance at sales numbers shows that ps5 is always outselling the series X and series S combined, and having dumb takes regarding the sony exclusives.

Then add that many people dont like her from how she conducts herself, even since she was involved with LoL

Edited by Hecatom