Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

Tell me how is using "buzzwords" giving you an actual example of how using the blockchain as a technology in videogames that could substitute something that its current iteration is a major grievance for most players on the pc side?

Also, regarding your previous post, DRM has been a thing since the 70's/80's.

Modern Vintage Gamer has a lot of videos showing the old ways that were used to fight piracy for example.

Having a technology that doesnt involve installing unwanted software or having ecryptation that tanks your performance would be a massive step forward.

Also, blockchain wouldn't limit the number of copies you have for a digital good..

The scarcity aspect that drives the current market of NFT's is something unrelated to the technology itself.

You gave no examples of how it can be used to better DRM.

Saying that "it can be used to be less intrusive blah blah blah" isn't an example.

You can do that with current technology as well, without installing unwanted software and encryption that tanks performance.  It's just not being done.  The blockchain and/or NFT doesn't make it magically possible all of a sudden.

EDIT:

Also you said both blockchain and NFT can be good for video games.  I'm assuming your DRM example was only blockchain.  What about the NFT side of things?

Edited by purbeast
3 hours ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

Any of you ever play this game - https://store.steampowered.com/app/249680/Marlow_Briggs_and_the_Mask_of_Death/

I never heard of it.  Or maybe I did and just totally forgot about it.  Looks cool though.

I've played a little bit of it. It was a fun AA game. Thanks for reminding me of it. I played a few hours of this and in classic Darc fashion, got distracted and forgot to come back to it.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Fucking How? 

Like how a bunch of NFTs work. By taking the work of someone else. 

For context, this is the person behind a text to speech program that makes the voice sound like they were characters like SpongeBob or GLADOS. Someone in this NFT thing tried to make it get more people into it by making a voice clip promoting VoiceVerse. People were quick to catch on that the voice was taken from this FifteenAI’s site and the NFT guys quickly took down the post. They also did not credit FifteenAI when the post was up.

Edited by BornWinner

This is pretty cool for PS4 owners who use an android phone.

https://wololo.net/2022/01/14/ps4-release-ps4jbandroid-2-1-load-ps4-jailbreak-from-android-phone/

Its kinda neat seeing the Playstion logo thing on PC.

D6Wqp4a.png

🤷‍♂️

TpnNDhP.png

Also, since I'm talkin' about a game on PC...this came today.

kruUpJ8.jpg

I have to wait to use it till Monday.  I only have PCIex1 slot left so I need a an adapter and amazon is slow sending the thing.

Edited by Faltimar the Dark
12 hours ago, J-ride said:

Are there NFTs that aren't scams?

It's what Darc_Requiem said, they are synonymous with Scams.
I want to go further and say all Crypto is scams, means to rob or launder money. The IRS is going to have a field day with NTFs this year.

The fact that most crypto farms are trying to set up shop in 3rd world countries where the electricity is cheap and there little if any regulations should be a indicator for concerns. Also most graphic cards used in crypto gets thrown out as ewaste in a few months tells you how wasteful of a process Crypto is. 

Just right click that image and choose save as, except the art in most NFTs are horrible. 

3 hours ago, JGreen said:

I’m case any of you are interested, Limited Run games is coming out with a physical version of Castlevania Requiem for PS4. Requiem has SOTN and Rondo. Preorders up until February 27 and start at $35. I wish you didn’t have to get the $175 ultimate edition for the steel book. Ah well, still going to pick a regular edition myself. 

The Ultimate Edition Includes:

• Physical Castlevania Requiem game for the PlayStation 4
  • Premium Outer Box featuring beautiful art from  Ayami Kojima
  • Save Point Coffin Box - a deluxe foil-stamped two-piece box with a detachable text box recreating the iconic save point from Symphony of the Night
    • Safely holds all CE contents and displays well!
  • Additional double-sided Castlevania Requiem cover sheet featuring the original cover art for Symphony of the Night on one side and the original cover art for Rondo of Blood on the other!
  • Physical Castlevania Requiem Soundtrack Selection CD
  • Reversible 18"x 24" Poster
  • Classic retro Konami Silver Box featuring art from legendary Konami Box artist Tom duBois
  • Official G2 Blu-ray sized Castlevania Requiem SteelBook
  • Vampire Killer Chain Pin
  • 5 inch Alucard's Sword and Shield Replicas
  • Individually Numbered Certificate of Authenticity 

CastlevaniaRequiem_MockUp_Market_Banner_

CastlevaniaRequiem_MockUp_Market_Banner_

Damn, I want this.  Am I really gonna spend $175 on this?

the-mask-jim-carrey.gif

Any of you guys play Transformers: Devastation?  I'm assuming yes cause of who developed it.  At least some of you.  I've had it for a really long time (on PS3) but never played it.  I'm not sure why.  But I put it on the emu and it runs great.  Its a fun game and I like the sound. 

I was wonder, is it a long game?

I played nuGoW a bit last night.  Ran buttery smooth on ultra settings.  I'm diggin' it so far and its kinda tough.  Kratos still a badass.  I only played the first 2 games I think, maybe just the first.  So I'm not sure how this badass god destroying dude ended up with a kid. 

24 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

Any of you guys play Transformers: Devastation?  I'm assuming yes cause of who developed it.  At least some of you.  I've had it for a really long time (on PS3) but never played it.  I'm not sure why.  But I put it on the emu and it runs great.  Its a fun game and I like the sound. 

I was wonder, is it a long game?

I played nuGoW a bit last night.  Ran buttery smooth on ultra settings.  I'm diggin' it so far and its kinda tough.  Kratos still a badass.  I only played the first 2 games I think, maybe just the first.  So I'm not sure how this badass god destroying dude ended up with a kid. 

you can wrap up devastation if you have like 3 or 4 free hours on a random day

oh yeah, Transformers Devastation is a MUST for any G1 Transformers fans, imo.  The only downside is that the roster should've been better... and they should've let us have the option to play as Decepticons too.

Grim Dawn on XB1--- I started off making my character an "Arcanist" so far... level 7 at the moment.

Diablo 3--- continuing to hit new highs in absurd numbers... I hit a monster for 9 trillion points of damage today. 😆  I've been up to GR82 or 83 so far.  Once again the Wizard just seems so silly OP, imo... like the devs just had a bias when designing this character.  Firebird wizard especially is nearly unstoppable at this point.

On 1/14/2022 at 11:44 AM, globe said:

More NFT news

Sega potentially joining the NFT scheme.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/sega-has-registered-a-trademark-in-japan-for-sega-nft/

Potentially, but then again companies also make patents, trademarks and copyrights to things they also never intend to use. 
Just so they can claim ownership. Sega could be registering the Trademark so no one else can try.