Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

So okay Ni No Kuni 2 

Throughout the game and between chapters Evan (the actual main character) keeps having these ethereal talks with a blue haired little boy but he never gives his name. 

As you travel You also learn about a man named Ferdinand who long ago did what Evan did. Which is unite the world under one banner and one cause. 

Well, in the ending you learn the little boy you keep having conversations IS Ferdinand BUT it’s also revealed that he isn’t an ancient ruler that once United the world. You learn that not only is he from the future but he’s also Evans son.

It’s explained that as Ferdinand grew up he realized he could send his mind essence or whatever the fuck into the past. So as the game has been progressing and the conversations you’ve had together you learn that it’s actually Ferdinand asking his dad for advice on how to rule a kingdom and finally fulfill the dream Evan and Roland (President of Isekai) had set out to achieve. 

When Evan asks how come he was told about Ferdinand by the Librarian (a minor but semi-important character). Ferdinand explains that she is a librarian in a loose sense but she is actually a Seer who saw Evan and Ferdinand’s future and wanted to make sure Evan had a clear idea of what he wanted and the path he wanted to take. That way Ferdinand could actually exist and accomplish what Evan couldn’t in his life time. 

So once all this is explained it jumps to the future where an adult Ferdinand gives a state of the nation address basically celebrating that he finally achieved his dads dream of uniting the world. 

You also learn that once Roland (President of Isekai)  gets transported back to his world that the what you thought was a missile was actually a firework. As before getting Isekai’ed he was on his way to his own state of the union address thingy to celebrate the fact the world had finally United under one banner and one cause just like he helped Evan and Ferdinand accomplish in their world. 

it then pans out from his limo and you see more fireworks go off and the credits roll. 

I hate it but at least I’ll always have it’s amazing prologue. 

Edited by iStu X
2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Those are Konami titles...

̶A̶C̶K̶S̶U̶L̶L̶Y̶,̶ ̶D̶i̶n̶o̶ ̶C̶r̶i̶s̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶C̶a̶p̶c̶o̶m̶.̶

I am aware neither of those are Sega titles. I was just saying that filing a trademark doesn’t mean the company will actually do anything with the IP. For a Sega example, the company renew the trademark of Skies of Arcadia. It made everyone think that a rerelease of some kind would happen. Nothing has happened with the series since.

Finished Death's Door, I thought it was a solid experience for anyone looking for a game similar to the Legend of Zelda. It is about 8-10 hours long depending if you want to explore and look for upgrades. The story is great, filled with memorable characters and humor. The final boss can be annoying, consisting of a marathon of mini boss fights and obstacle courses on a single life bar.

2 hours ago, iStu X said:

So okay Ni No Kuni 2 

Throughout the game and between chapters Evan (the actual main character) keeps having these ethereal talks with a blue haired little boy but he never gives his name. 

As you travel You also learn about a man named Ferdinand who long ago did what Evan did. Which is unite the world under one banner and one cause. 

Well, in the ending you learn the little boy you keep having conversations IS Ferdinand BUT it’s also revealed that he isn’t an ancient ruler that once United the world. You learn that not only is he from the future but he’s also Evans son.

It’s explained that as Ferdinand grew up he realized he could send his mind essence or whatever the fuck into the past. So as the game has been progressing and the conversations you’ve had together you learn that it’s actually Ferdinand asking his dad for advice on how to rule a kingdom and finally fulfill the dream Evan and Roland (President of Isekai) had set out to achieve. 

When Evan asks how come he was told about Ferdinand by the Librarian (a minor but semi-important character). Ferdinand explains that she is a librarian in a loose sense but she is actually a Seer who saw Evan and Ferdinand’s future and wanted to make sure Evan had a clear idea of what he wanted and the path he wanted to take. That way Ferdinand could actually exist and accomplish what Evan couldn’t in his life time. 

So once all this is explained it jumps to the future where an adult Ferdinand gives a state of the nation address basically celebrating that he finally achieved his dads dream of uniting the world. 

You also learn that once Roland (President of Isekai)  gets transported back to his world that the what you thought was a missile was actually a firework. As before getting Isekai’ed he was on his way to his own state of the union address thingy to celebrate the fact the world had finally United under one banner and one cause just like he helped Evan and Ferdinand accomplish in their world. 

it then pans out from his limo and you see more fireworks go off and the credits roll. 

I hate it but at least I’ll always have it’s amazing prologue. 

i'm almost positive that i have never played anything level 5 has made that didn't piss me off some kind of way unless you count dragon quest viii. i still remember the terrible party ai in rouge galaxy.

9 hours ago, nickmanx5 said:

i'm almost positive that i have never played anything level 5 has made that didn't piss me off some kind of way unless you count dragon quest viii. i still remember the terrible party ai in rouge galaxy.

Here’s the thing though: Ni No Kuni 2 as a game is fantastic. But the god damn the ending just takes a shit on any goodwill the game builds with you. 

Grim Dawn - ha, so this game has that thing where enemies are bound to some surprisingly small areas... I was fighting a boss with a friend earlier today, but when this was noticed, basically  it turned to "cheese to win" shenanigans.... kinda funny to me but also a bit disappointing in terms of game design.  A boss monster that was previously a major threat suddenly became no big deal when I realized we could just run up to this upper area of the colosseum....since he could only follow us up to a certain point, then he turns around to go back to the area he's "scripted" to be in.  C'mon man that's so easily abused and it looks silly 🤣... I suppose it's just easier to program it that way?  Yeah...we eventually killed the boss by exploiting that "safe spot" high ground that was just outside his range.

There was 1 boss we ran into yesterday though... there was absolutely no way to cheese since that guy was twice our level... our characters were 19 and he was a level 38....with a red lightning attack that with that severe level difference would easily wipe out 98% of a health bar each time it hit.  That was too much; we had to run away from that one.  Anyway... I'm still focusing on Arcanist; level 25 now.  There's also a "transmog" customization in this game! They've done so many things right here. (*cue the Mr. Miyagi approval gif)

Edited by MillionX
3 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I'm so annoyed that this was successful that I almost want to go over to the website and right click save that shit on there just to be spiteful.

I am sure most people already have. 

Here, I will do it for you
spacer.png
Some idiot paid $26,538.96 for a block-chain digital recipe for this.
Right Click and choose save now for FREE

Other news, just to avoid double posting

Edited by DarkSakul

Look at this cool picture I just downloaded.

CyGVpoB.png

Pretty cool.  I uploaded it to so other folk that might want it can have it.  Its good.

Having fun with this game.  I usually start games on "normal" mode now but I started this one on the hardest setting.  Its kinda tough.  I was stuck at this part last night.  After I kill those two bad guys I gotta go fight a few more bad guys up above and they kept killing me.

I laugh a bit when I die cause the boy is all "dont leave me alone dad" or "DAD, NOOOOO!".  Then I just think how the kid is doomed and  I say "fuckin' kid, you're doomed...finna get grubbed on.".

Edited by Faltimar the Dark

This looks like a good Lost Ark starting guide so far... I just wish it would hit console...

...that's a shame what apparently happened to Diablo 2.  If I knew it had a forced online "check-in" I more than likely would NOT have bought it...at least not at full price.  The very idea of that disgusts me....much like the idea of games that are purely online-reliant.  Imagine if you have someone from the BMW corporation coming over to check and make sure it's you driving "your" BMW every now and then...every month before you go somewhere they show up to check on ya; if you refuse then you just can't drive the car anymore; they remotely disable it.  The sad thing is that there would no doubt be morons out there defending that too.  I hate that there's so many of these bitch-ass pieces of shit in the industry that go WAY the fuck out of their way to make everything as much of a miserable fucking scam as possible.  Their goal is never to simply put out a quality product....they always want to just "pull a fast one" and screw over the customers in one way or the other, like this mindset of "how can we get away with x, y, and z on this...?" or "ha, we GOT 'em again.... LOL! They never saw it coming!"  How 'bout you go get hit by a speeding bus and do the world a favor, greedy trolling pieces of shit.

Edited by MillionX