Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

Elden Ring... I leveled up Dexterity enough to finally use this Rivers of Blood katana I've had for a while... holy SHIT bruh... this weapon is incredible 😮  Unfortunately for now the blood loss buildup is less than my Reduvia dagger, but this is definitely a new favorite weapon....definitely worth the hype.

On another note---the fashion:

Currently this character is sporting the lovely "Mask of Confidence", the Snow Witch Robe, Fire Prelate Gauntlets and Leyndell Knight Greaves.  Always on brand and killing in style.

Those sales are not Call of duty or Pokemon/Monster Hunter numbers but they aren't bad. Don't know what the exact expenses went into all of the reboot games but Square Enix must really have not liked dealing with the Western dev teams cause that really doesn't look like bad franchise to keep around unless they had no choice but to sell it with Crystal Dynamics.

Elden Ring.... well, that was quite a few hoops to jump thru, but I made it to the farm spot in Caelid, without the Varre quest!  It's definitely NOT a quick route...since it involves some late-game stuff like getting both halves of that medallion after beating Commander Niall and the 2 knights in the northern region, fighting another npc invader, running from those giant rune bears, rot dogs, etc.

ohhh yes... level 114 so far.  

Back there with Commander Niall...that fight was still frustrating, but I didn't even need the "bewitching branch" to beat him, actually...(still took about 5 or 6 attempts)... basically with Arcane/Faith and now my Rivers of Blood Katana and that LEGENDARY summon Tiche..... the damage output is pretty insane.  I came in summoning Tiche right away then went into Rot Breath... and about that... so far I'm preferring the regular one, as opposed to Ekzykes, though the description says it's superior.  You can't cast it from horseback, and regular Rot Breath seems more reliable in hitting things.

Edited by MillionX
Just now, RSG3 said:

I mean...its under Caelid so technically...

*pushes up nerd glasses*

Yeah but I legit wasn't sure if he meant something else that I missed.  I don't recall anyone referring to Nokron as Limgrave (or whatever is up top where it is).  Same with Deeproot or anything under.

Ohhh yeah... ha, every time I think of that region, "Caelid" is the name that comes to mind first as "that red place over there". 😆 Mannn if only it was the weekend so I could get some quality farming time in with this character.  I may go on to fight Mohg too since I already have Tiche and the Arcane/bleeding build going on.  It's been tough going back to sorcery after getting a taste of what the Incantations and Arcane stuff are bringing to the table.  

There's some seriously cool moves going on with Rivers of Blood... it's safe to say this is my new regular thing for melee and bleed damage.  Sheeeittt, it's like I got my zanpakuto now complete with bankai power.

Bleach Anime GIF

ha, and just like that, Mohg has been defeated.  I just hit level 120.

and now... FIRE GIANT is DOWN.... hell yeah.  Godrick's Great Rune also helped (y'know, I bet some people forget to activate these)... towards the end, Tiche was actually down for the count, but fortunately I was in phase 2 of the fight at that point.... it was epic how frantic things got there, as he kept moving away but I kept chasing him down....and again with the stylish slices from Rivers of Blood.

Edited by MillionX

It's that time again.... dude's skills have actually become even more insane at this point... it's like he's "in the zone" constantly:

Ok...yeah I'm giving up for the night on Godfrey... this is another one that was likely just a fluke when I won the previous time.  I've spent literally the entire night trying to beat him.  He'd be a bit more reasonable if it weren't for that grab he does in the 2nd phase that seems to just outright kill you every time unless you had the Wonderous Physick that greatly reduces damage....and of course he happens to start off phase 2 very close to you so he can try for the grab immediately.  Even with Tiche backing me up, this is nearly hopeless.  I'll have to just come back at some absurdly overpowered level.   Like a lot of the late-game, extra-dangerous bosses... he's so fast and strong that the player can't afford to do about 98% of the moveset, it seems.  You can't get away with anything unless a summon is out there distracting him...and it's unlikely the summon is still alive too long after phase 2 has started.

Edited by MillionX

Oh damn, 15 months later

Hello, Prince of Persia fans!

The development of Prince of Persia: the Sands of Time Remake will now be led by Ubisoft Montréal, the very birth place of the epic Sands of Time trilogy.

This decision is an important step and the team, building upon the work achieved by Ubisoft Pune and Ubisoft Mumbai, will now take the time they need to regroup on the scope of the game to deliver you the best experience for this remake of an all-time classic, when it’s ready.

We want to thank you all for your continuous support and patience throughout the development. Rest assured, that we will update you on the progress in a future update.

The Dev Team

35 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Came across this on my TL. I still can’t understand how they made this super so lame.

You can only make Ghost Riders main power (the penance stare) look so cool. Like yeah, they could have done more but also post-knowing the whole situation with MvCi this kind of low effort shouldn’t be surprising. 

26 minutes ago, iStu X said:

You can only make Ghost Riders main power (the penance stare) look so cool. Like yeah, they could have done more but also post-knowing the whole situation with MvCi this kind of low effort shouldn’t be surprising. 

I realize a literal death stare can be hard to make interesting. My problem with it is that they already did that with Penace Stare in MVC3.

The zoom, sound effects, and camera work made it felt like you were using your most powerful move. And then it changed into a PNG of Ghost Rider being mildly disappointed in you.

1 hour ago, BornWinner said:

Came across this on my TL. I still can’t understand how they made this super so lame.

20 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

They only needed to add Rotation to the super like on MVC3.

But i guess it was too much of an effort to emulate that.

17 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Which is funny because MvCi was Essentially a copy pasta 

I was just about to say this.  The version of the Super in MvC3 looked way better (which is probably the case for a lot of things honestly).  MvC3 gave just the right amount of camera work to sell the super so it weirs as hell to look at how dialed back and muted this is incomparison foe a game thag probably shares 70% plus of its animations.

Oh wow...muted doesn't even begin to describe what they did to it incomparison.  I feel this in MvC3.  There is no impact at all in Infinite.

Edit:  too slowed by Born Winner

Edited by Sonichuman
1 hour ago, iStu X said:

Which is funny because MvCi was Essentially a copy pasta 

More or less yes.

Although, It seems that there is this misconception that they also copy pasted the models, which is not true, at least not all.

Morrigan and Dante being example of being new 3d models.

I can see Chris and Spencer being copy pasted though.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1604030/V_Rising/

I'm having a lot of fun with Ravenous Devils.  Not usually the type of game I like but I'm actually having fun.  It's also just really dark and grizzly like. 

Spoiler

spacer.png

This game is free - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1721470/Poppy_Playtime/

Not sure if that's normal (the game being free) but it looks like it could be some fun.

Elden Ring, the saga continues....

Finally, Godfrey was defeated again.  I spent some quality time  at the farming spot in Mohgwyn palace...getting up to level 143.  Even with all this and the Tiche summon... it still seems like I just got lucky and barely won.  Tiche still had a decent amount of health going into phase 2, and I was successful in avoiding his deadly grabs.... I also had the wonderous physick that greatly increases damage against 1 hit....the other part of it boosting lightning.  I also had Golden Vow to give another damage boost.  Good thing I saved my larval tear; I was already considering switching out to my sorcery build again to try Rock Sling, Stars of Ruin or perhaps some Night Comet shenanigans.  

With the 300k I was able to level up 2 times to 145 now.... so now the stage was all set for the grand finale... the mysterious Tarnished one known only as "Belial" was on his way to the final showdown...

23 minutes ago, iStu X said:

fingers crossed we get a bigger roster. Otherwise I’m not getting it 

12 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Crazy how it looks like Daisy will not be on the base roster. I assume they’ll be adding content like characters throughout like Aces and Super Rush, but I know a lot of people will be upset about that.

A tribute to what we lost.

I'm assuming that there's going to be DLC based on Nintendo's track record with...well..just about everything they've put out that has some sort of competitive aspect to it.  How much content will be dependent on how popular the game is.  I'm fine with a trickle a free content.

Gotta say I really like when Nintendo is able to surprise us with games like this that manager to not get leaked and they're just like "Oh this game is coming out in 3-4 months by the way".

Glad I hung on to my wrist straps for my JoyCons. Those stories of clowns breaking their TVs aren't something I'd like to have happen to me. 

Bowling is probably my favorite game on Nintendo Switch Sports. Was a huge fan of it in Wii Sports. Except now we got ONLINE. I was in a bowling alley with a dude named BoobMan69. 

Badminton is fun but a workout. Still, I'm glad it is in there because it is such an underrated sport and I wanna play more of it.

Someone in my gaming chat group recommended 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim. Played about 2 hours and really enjoying it. Could be a good game to have in Handheld mode.

Kirby and the Forgotten Land's Ultimate Z Cup is no joke if you go in there without any power-ups. I learned today.

Yo, DSP actually rage quite over Kirby and the Forgotten Land!!!  Final, Final boss spoilers in there, bee tee dubs.

You've heard of 100% real beef? Well, this man is made of 100% REAL SCRUB. If he gets cut, instead of blood, scrub is coming out of him.

My guy, ADAPT, dodge roll, and learn some patterns!

Rage quitting a CHILDREN'S VIDEO GAME!!!

Donald Duck Lol GIF

One of the funny things about Phil is that you can never be sure what's real and what's exaggerated or lies just for views and to keep his name out there... I never know for sure, at least. 

Note- he also played Elden Ring recently; I'll have to check that out some time (via the "Detractor" channels; there's some out there that still make vids about him with the highlights)

One of the best moments I still recall from a couple of years ago... there was some recent Dragon Quest game where he did battle with a "Greed Monster" and lost; it was great how that played right into the memes there with his own greedy nature.

So I'm liking the Gunslinger and Barbarian and Valkyrie the most so far in Rogue Legacy 2.  When I use Gunslinger I play with a mouse and controller combo.  I know I've used this control method before but I cant remember when or for what game.  Gunslinger can aim and aiming is so much easier with the mouse.  Had to rebind some keys on the mouse (I have all them buttons on the side) cause I cant use the right side of the controller.  Works out great though with my two skill things on button 1 and 2 and the "interact" button 4 and I use the RMB to jump.  Only thing to do on the controller is movement and dashing.

Luke Ross VR Mod for Elden Ring has released for those that can play it in VR.  Kinda cool maybe.  Think you gotta pay for that shit though.

https://www.patreon.com/realvr

Edited by Faltimar the Dark