Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

Dying Light 2 Stay Human first major story DLC delayed to September

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/05/dying-light-2-stay-human-first-major-story-dlc-delayed-to-september

Alan Wake Remastered coming Switch

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/05/alan-wake-remastered-coming-to-switch-this-fall

digital only and surprisingly not a cloud version

Alan Wake II concept work put up, summer update canned

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/05/alan-wake-ii-concept-artwork-summer-update-no-longer-planned

Dead Space Remake coming January 2023

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/05/dead-space-remake-launches-january-27-2023

7 hours ago, iStu X said:

*Pokemon Scarlet and Violet enter the chat* 

Pokémon is the COD of rpgs at this point. They don't do much to make each new title actually new, much like Kirby they celebrated going 3D long after going 3D wasn't an accomplishment anymore, over all GameFreak phones it in because like COD they have their install base that will buy it and call it amazing no matter how little or how dumb and pointless the new features are. 

My 2 cents 

2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Pokémon is the COD of rpgs at this point. They don't do much to make each new title actually new, much like Kirby they celebrated going 3D long after going 3D wasn't an accomplishment anymore, over all GameFreak phones it in because like COD they have their install base that will buy it and call it amazing no matter how little or how dumb and pointless the new features are. 

My 2 cents 

I’m don’t disagree with anything you said. I’m just acknowledging the juggernaut Pokemon is 

13 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Maaaaaan I’m so excited. Even though I wasn’t a really big fan of the first FE Warriors it didn’t dwindle my love for Musou’s and this looks great. 

I still need to play Three Houses. 😂

Edited by iStu X
42 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Maaaaaan I’m so excited. Even though I wasn’t a really big fan of the first FE Warriors it didn’t dwindle my love for Musou’s and this looks great. 

I still need to play Three Houses. 😂

I've played enough Three Houses for 10 people to do all the routes. No, I'm not joking. Anyone on my friends list can vouch for my absurd Three Houses' play time.

So at this point, I've got about 12 hours into Salt and Sacrifice. Don't think I'll be giving it any more of my time. It's remarkable how super annoying and un-fun this is after playing Salt and Sanctuary. Endless stunlock, constant knockdowns/launches,  constant juggles, ridiculously stingy stamina (even after pumping tons of levels into stamina), enemy attack patterns with only tiny openings between knockdown/juggle inducing attacks, constant tanky enemy summons, tedious and annoying chases where you can easily miss the direction the mages warp to, no fast travel, and you have to return to camp to level up/upgrade, which means you're back to the start of each zone every time (there are shortcuts, but getting back still takes a while and resets your progress with any mages in the area). It's like the developers looked back at every element of the game and thought "ok, how can we make this more tedious and frustrating?". Maybe they will salvage it with lots of much needed tweaking, but as it stands, I can't recommend anyone play it, much less buy it. 

Square Enix says Balan Wonderworld is a game they recommend with confidence

https://www.ign.com/articles/balan-wonderworld-square-enix-recommends

ff-origin-jack.gif

Squeenix is smoking some shit right now or being extremely deluded

Skull and Bones rating pops up in South Korea

https://www.ign.com/articles/skull-and-bones-korea-rating

We might get an update this year?

April NPD 2022!

Highlights:   So...Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga ousted Elden Ring last month out of it's top spot and took over.  Gooottta say I did not see that coming.  Not only did it take no.1 for all games that month it took no.1 on Switch's chart which is INSANE.  The only other 3rd party game I can think of off the top of my head that has pulled that off in the past few years was MK11.  Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga is the highest launch month dollar sales for any Lego title in history  and after 1 month sales is now ranked in the top 6 of best selling Lego games life to date.  MLB The Show actually managed to crack top 10 on Switch.  elden Ring is still the best selling game of 2022 year to date and has supassed CoD: Vanguard to become the best selling game for the 12 month period. Lifetime sales of the Switch in the US have now officially surprised PS4 making it the the 4th highest selling console in the U.S.  The only 3 consoles above it now are Wii, 360 and PS2.  Xbox Series is showing that its not giving up without a fight as this makes the 2nd time in a row that the Series consoles have been mentioned in the NPD report.  Hardware is a little messy but we're going to get into that.

Hardware:  Switch was top console in terms of units sold by platform for April and thus far year to date.   Xbox Series are 2nd in units for both periods.

PS5 led in hardware dollar sales in April followed by Xbox Series and Switch.  Xbox Series has the the highest hardware dollars for platform year to date followed by PS5 and Switch.

Software:

Top 20 for April 2022:  Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga, Elden Ring, MLB The Show 22, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, Nintendo Switch Sports  (not bad), CoD: Vanguard, Horizon FW (still going strong!), MK8D, Gran Turismo 7, Pokemon Legends: Arceus, Minecraft, FIFA 22, CoD: Blops: CW, Smash Ult, Miles Morales (this game dropped off last month and made a comeback)  AC:NH, WWE 2K22 (10 spot drop), Mario Party Superstarts, Dat Madden 22, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands (9 spot drop)

Top 20 YTD:  Elden Ring, Lego SW: TSS, Pokemon Legends Arceus, Horizon FW, MLB The Show 22, Gran Turismo 7, CoD Vanguard, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, Dat Madden 22, MK8D, FIFA 22, Miles Morales, Minecraft, Dying Light 2, MH: Rise, Mario Party Superstars, AC:NH, Smash Ult, WWE 2K22, CoD Blops CW

Rolling 12 months:  Elden Rings, CoD: Vanguard, Dat Madden 22, Pokemon BD/SP, Battlfield 2042, Lego SW: TSS, Far Cry 6, FIFA 22, RE VIII, Pokemon Legends Arceus

Top 10 Nintendo: Lego SW:TSS, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, Nintendo Switch Sports, MK8D, Pokemon Legends Arceus, Smash Ult, AC:NH, Mario Party Superstars, LoZ: BotW, MLB The Show 22 (nice job!)

Top 10 Playstation: Lego SW:TSS, MLB The Show 22, Elden Ring (oh wow...ousted by MLB too?), Horizon FW, Gran Turismo 7, CoD Vanguard, Miles Morales, WWE 2K22, FIFA 22, Dat Madden 22

Top 10 Xbox:  Lego SW:TSS  (even on Xbox this is a crazy sweep), Elden Ring, CoD Vanguard, CoD Blops CW,  Forza Horizon 5, CoD MW 2019, Halo Infinite (Season 2 brought this back up),  Godfall (.....really?), FIFA 22, CoD Blops III

4 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

The Vagrant first launched for PC via Steam on July 13, 2018. The console version is due out for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch in June worldwide for $10 / €10 / 1,000 yen.

Looks like a Dragon's Crown/Odin's Phere mix.

Looked cool so I checked it out on steam.  Its 1.19 right now if any of y'all wanna grab it there.  I did.  Thanks for lettin' me know about it.  Looks cool and for under 2 bucks, that's pretty good.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/598700/The_Vagrant/

1 hour ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

Looked cool so I checked it out on steam.  Its 1.19 right now if any of y'all wanna grab it there.  I did.  Thanks for lettin' me know about it.  Looks cool and for under 2 bucks, that's pretty good.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/598700/The_Vagrant/

$1.20? That's crazy given the Vanillaware like quality it appears to have. Snagging it when I get home.

AngryJoe crew watching it so we don't have to...

On another note---I charged up my PS Vita for the first time in several months...  I hate that Soul Sacrifice is forever stuck to this system...leading to so many people missing out on that greatness.  They really should re-release it for PS5/PS4 so it won't die in complete obscurity...this game deserves so much better than that.  I don't want people to forget:

Edited by MillionX