Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

It's funny that Adam has apparently been such a huge asshole behind the scenes and not many people seemed to know UNTIL recently with the G4 meltdown and ensuing chaos that also brought his amazingly toxic tweets to the light.

I'm chillin' with "Shadows of New York" at the moment... the linearity is unfortunate; I'm on this one scene where Julie went to the park to hunt people....and I *want* to feed on this character (I'm in the mood to be more of a heartless vamp at the moment) but the writing seems to be steering me away from that like there's no real choice in the matter. 😞 

edit---yep, damn she just lets him go in that scene, seemingly no matter what.  I wanted to chomp that neck.  These foolish mortals are walking juicebox snacks, nothing more.

Edited by MillionX
10 hours ago, Hecatom said:

It amazes me how some people are so willing to insult the people that more or less gives them work.

unknown.png?width=1440&height=585

Is that even real? I can't find that online outside of that pic on a "funny" website. I went looking because I thought I was in for a good thread.

5 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Adam Sesslers a collosaul dick head who loves the smell of his own farts? (I hear he's fond of the smell of cocain to)

I'm asking is he saying this in response to something or was this tweet unprovoked.  I looked on his twitter account really quick to find the tweet and it wasn't made in the past 3 months especially since the name he's using currently is different than the one in the tweet.  I don't doubt Sess has an ego but I'm just trying to understand context before I judge...especially considering the fact that apparently his wife had brain surgery to remove a tumor based on the tweets I read from the past few months and some people were definitely being unnecessarily assholish.

1 hour ago, axeman61 said:

Is that even real? I can't find that online outside of that pic on a "funny" website. I went looking because I thought I was in for a good thread.

Probably not.  It's super easy to "make" anyone tweet whatever you want and then screen capture it.

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

Probably not.  It's super easy to "make" anyone tweet whatever you want and then screen capture it.

I don't know if it's a real tweet but as RSG said, Sessler's has said some really reprehensible things. Things that would have gotten someone cancelled before Cancel Culture was a thing. He wished death on his Republican relatives. Dude is disgusting man.

untitled6-png.1270364

24 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I don't know if it's a real tweet but as RSG said, Sessler's has said some really reprehensible things. Things that would have gotten someone cancelled before Cancel Culture was a thing. He wished death on his Republican relatives. Dude is disgusting man.

untitled6-png.1270364

At least this tweet has a date on it.  I can't track it down on Twitter though cause apparently anything past 05/25/2021 isn't on his account.  I don't doubt he's said stuff like this and based on what I know of him and his tweet history.  Can't say anything about him wishing death on his Republican relatives because while it sounds pretty shitty I don't know the full context aside from assuming that it's over a disagreement of thoughts and ideals.   One thing I do know is that like purbeast said it's easy to fake someone saying something and  there is that small section of the gaming population that are not decent people so if I'm going to judge someone I'd rather do it knowing the full context if possible because who knows....maybe Aj lee might have said something deserving of that insult.

4 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

At least this tweet has a date on it.  I can't track it down on Twitter though cause apparently anything past 05/25/2021 isn't on his account.  I don't doubt he's said stuff like this and based on what I know of him and his tweet history.  Can't say anything about him wishing death on his Republican relatives because while it sounds pretty shitty I don't know the full context aside from assuming that it's over a disagreement of thoughts and ideals.   One thing I do know is that like purbeast said it's easy to fake someone saying something and  there is that small section of the gaming population that are not decent people so if I'm going to judge someone I'd rather do it knowing the full context if possible because who knows....maybe Aj lee might have said something deserving of that insult.

2022.01.12-10.03-boundingintocomics-61df

2 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

2022.01.12-10.03-boundingintocomics-61df

Yeah this looks horrible but like I said before I can't fully judge cause I don't know the full context of why he's saying this other than going on assumption.  I don't know what's going on in Adam's family for him to say that and I can only assume that the reason he's saying this is due to a disagreement of ideologies and politics in general.  If that's the case then that sucks and he probably shouldn't wish death on his own family members but I guarantee he's probably not the only one who's said something heinous or have had a fallout with family members who are way on the other side of the political spectrum.  There's a lot of people in the past few years who have cut ties with those family members as the political divide has deepened so again...I can only guess and assume that that's the reason and those family members in question haven't done or said anything warranting this response.

That reminds me, I had to check in on g4 and how they're doing lately... last I remember, they swapped the g4 channel name out to Xplay.... currently they're still at 488k subs.  Of course, one has to keep in mind that most people are probably lazy about taking the time to unsubscribe to something.  Before the infamous meltdown, they were at around 497k, and it was likely a little more than that since that is just the number I remember *while* the chaos was going on right after the rant.  The downward spiral was still fresh at that point.  The most views I see just at a glance here are for an Elden Ring review which was 1 month ago---currently it has 48k views.... shouldn't be a surprise since that game was the new big hype in the industry.

Man, imagine where they could be if it weren't for that episode that ruined everything?  They probably would've been at least close to a million subs with big view #s on everything, as word of mouth kept going around that they were back.

Back in the television era of G4, I often wondered about all the dirt that was going on behind the scenes as the network became a complete disaster in the last year or 2... oh but this.... this is SO much more juicy... imagine being a fly on the wall to observe what's going on behind the scenes during all of this in the past few months.   There's not enough "popcorn gifs" to do it justice.

16 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Is there any context behind this tweet?

Sessler being Sessler.

He is a massive piece of shit.

It was more or less an unprovoked tweet.

And is very real, I saw it before he deleted it.

He deleted it alongside other tweets some time ago, mostly due the fact that he was going to start working on G4.

There were a lot of discussions about those tweets on places like neogaf (post retardera exodus, gamefaqs, etc)

Edited by Hecatom
6 hours ago, axeman61 said:

It is.

I know because i remember seeing it before he deleted it.

He tends to post a lot of shit like that and when he gets flack he deletes it.

More importantly, when he started working in G4 again, he went on a purge of many of his tweets to "clean" house.

Foreskin actually did something similar after she made her rant.

I think you can find some of his dumbest tweets on archive.com and similar sites.

Edited by Hecatom
2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I can believe Sessler would say those things. The guy comes across as two face to me. 

You don't have idea how much true this is.

Some time ago, like a year or 2 someone retweeted something he wrote making fun of Colin Moriarty. Colin did absolutely nothing to provoke this and, according to Colin on his podcast, he met him a couple of times and he was friendly to him.

Or like when he went on a rant about Peter Molyneux and other people in the industry, but nevermind that Molyneux helped him when he was, according to Sessler himself, considering suicide after G4 canned him.

There are hundreds of examples like this, he is a massive cunt.

Edited by Hecatom

Actually, I remember now, I think that the shit take on gamers came from the thread where he said he wanted to off himself.

Started arguing with someone and then made the generalization based on his interaction with the dude he was arguing with.

The thread was hilarious.

I think i have pics of that on one of my servers

Edited by Hecatom

One thing I'm loving about Elden Ring is how much it awards me for wondering around aimlessly. I found some ruins, fought some pumpkin head madman and found a witch who can teach me sorceries. Though things got weird when I found that same witch in another ruin but this time she's being tortured. Looks like she got pinned to the wall with crystals being embedded in her hands. Not sure if this is a quest line. 

I raid a fort, killed everyone in it including a regular enemy that felt like a boss. In the other side of map I find Kenneth yelling for help asking me to clear his fort. If there's one thing I love doing is completing quests without realizing it. He said he would knight but when I return to the fort he's unable to because everything done to shit.

I only have 2 bosses left on Rogue Legacy 2, my thoughts so far:

1.  I still think I like the first one better, I loved the retro vibe

2.  The upgrade system is pretty expensive, at this point I reroll characters until I get a good gold bonus because it costs so much for upgrades

3.  The amount of bullshit unavoidable damage in this game is pretty frustrating.  When you get further in a run only a few hits can kill you so switching screens and immediately running into enemies is pretty retarded.  The last patch toned this down substatianally so that's a plus.

4.  I do have a little bit of a gripe about the health pool of some of the bosses.  I have teched into physical damage AND crits and it still feels like I am hitting the later bosses with a spatula.  

5.  You have to collect a relic to know what it does.  This is pretty lame, I keep a wiki open because there are so many of them.

It's a solid game, I'd still recommend it even with the flaws it has.

Edited by J-ride

The bosses do have a lot of health and it can be...hmmm...frustrating when you get them nearly dead then die yourself.  lol gotta love the rogue style games  Everything else you mention is just a normal part of these type of games to me I guess.  I like that I have to do a lot of runs and I like that each run is different from the last...at least the way I go about it cause of the different classes/items/shits. 

I got this one relic that is suppose to charge up like.  You get 6 kills while you have it and it makes it so the next (7th bad guy) you attack will die in one shot.  So I killed 6 bad dudes then went to fight a boss.  Thought maybe I could get away with having to only hit the boss once.  Didnt work out like that.  🤣

man, this DLC for Kingdoms of Amalur is definitely end-game material here.  As overpowered as my character was in the main game... every enemy I've run across in the new areas tends to be way stronger and have tons more health... all their names are in red, meaning they are at least 4 or more levels above me. (currently I'm level 31; "Zuul" is a sorcerer; I'm about 5 levels away from having enough points for the "Archmage" destiny.) Occasionally some of the big guys have purple names which I think is just 1 step below red.....haha normal enemies are taking so long and so much effort to kill it's like they may as well be considered a "boss" character.  

Now I've finally made it through this very long prison area, but there's a large demonic creature some dudes summoned....I'll have to level up and come back because there's just no way.  One of the fireballs it shoots is enough to take my health down from full to about 15%....and I have no healing potions....and no "Fate" potions either; those are some game-changers right there since they give you a full bar of fate so you can just go right into that godlike "Reckoning" mode.  I had 2 earlier; I should've saved those since it was obvious there was going to be a true boss at the end of this prison area.

edit---it's quite unfortunate that it appears the DLC will never come to the Switch version.  I've heard no news about that so far.

Edited by MillionX
25 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

This is an old video but it correlates with what Activision Blizzard shown this week.

Triple A character designers have it rough if this is what they have to deal with. 

Reminds me of the retardation from Neil Drukman on GDC when talking about "good" character design, aka the gorilla from TLOU2 and "bad" character design, aka anything else, like Ayane from DoA.

Edit

Wow

Edited by Hecatom
28 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

This is an old video but it correlates with what Activision Blizzard shown this week.

Triple A character designers have it rough if this is what they have to deal with. 

What the fuck did I just watch? Even she seemed embarrassed by this presentation, and since when the fuck are Toads children?

Apparently they also did a chart with Zelda chars, and don't even know the name of them or know what they are talking about, go figure.

This is what happens when you allow people with the useless Gender Studies degree in your companies.

Also, from what it has been said on the thread, they had this chart since 2017, but very likely saved its reveal until a controversy, like they always do 🤣

50 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Also, from what it has been said on the thread, they had this chart since 2017, but very likely saved its reveal until a controversy, like they always do 🤣

They were caught union busting when they showed that chart.

It’s amazing that this happens literally every time something like this happens. I’m fully expecting  ̶J̶e̶s̶s̶e̶ ̶M̶c̶C̶r̶e̶e̶ Cole Cassidy to be revealed as Non-Binary to distract from the fact that ActiBlizz practice cannibalism.

14 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

They were caught union busting when they showed that chart.

That is the Activision Blizzard Flowchart for you, lol.

The fact that people still believe that is just "conspiracy theories" amazes me.

Also, I know that some people think that unions are a solution, but this is coming from someone who's country has been fucked over in some areas due unions, unions are a cancer, 100% of the time they become riddle with corruption, nepotism and lose track of what they are supposed to be doing.

They essentially become mafias.

There are better ways to get more favorable conditions for the work force without needing to allow the poison that are unions into a company.

31 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Also, I know that some people think that unions are a solution, but this is coming from someone who's country has been fucked over in some areas due unions, unions are a cancer, 100% of the time they become riddle with corruption, nepotism and lose track of what they are supposed to be doing.

They essentially become mafias.

So...any form of governing body that doesn't have strong oversight? 

What's a better solution?

Edited by RSG3

In my country one of the solutions to mitigate the proliferation of unions were it wasn't needed was to strength the labor laws and allow the professional institutes to have some of the stuff that unions supposedly try to do, but without being as intrusive.

Is far from perfect, but it has helped.

Another thing I forgot to add, is that once you have an union on the company, you can forget about being able to fend for yourself, or get better deals outside of what the union has bargained.

Not to mention that you can end on a company where the union is controlled by the same company, making it even more useless, lol.

Like in a bank I started working just before the pandemic, where the union was formed decades ago by the same bank to stop any other union to form, and as you expect it offered nothing while having all the dumb shit that works against you from regular unions, so the people working at the bank were working overtime for months by the time i was to start, and without extra pay, and without any way to stop it.

Edited by Hecatom