Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

8 hours ago, iStu X said:

Been playing Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart most of the evening. It’s really good. I’m having a lot of fun. Game is gorgeous and everything moves really fluidly. Snappy and responsive. Solid all around. 

I’m not saying this as a furry or defending furries. But the love for Rivet? I get it. She’s QTP2T. I love her 

I found Rivet pretty disappointing over all, for reasons you may or may not already know.  It's kind of a spoiler, nothing story wise, but still has to do with the gameplay, so I'll put it in spoiler tags...

Spoiler

The fact that Rivet is 100% a copy of Ratchet mechanically was really disappointing.  She had nothing different at all than Ratchet as far as her move set or anything.  It's literally a new skin for Ratchet.  While I still loved the game overall, that itself was just a huge letdown to me.

58 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I found Rivet pretty disappointing over all, for reasons you may or may not already know.  It's kind of a spoiler, nothing story wise, but still has to do with the gameplay, so I'll put it in spoiler tags...

Reveal hidden contents

The fact that Rivet is 100% a copy of Ratchet mechanically was really disappointing.  She had nothing different at all than Ratchet as far as her move set or anything.  It's literally a new skin for Ratchet.  While I still loved the game overall, that itself was just a huge letdown to me.

It doesn’t really bother me cause the game tells you this is the case. Would it have been cool to have alternate dimension versions of Ratchets weapons? Sure. But I don’t particularly care. 

Flashback 2?!?! (and they actually let the main character still be a dude!)... a new Little Nemo?!?!  Hell YES those are SO bought.  

on the Steam Deck front; I may want to go on and get Saint's Row 4... just in case they pull the scumbag move and make it and the other previous versions of SR completely unavailable for purchase. (yeah that would not surprise me at all)

37 minutes ago, iStu X said:

It doesn’t really bother me cause the game tells you this is the case. Would it have been cool to have alternate dimension versions of Ratchets weapons? Sure. But I don’t particularly care. 

Like I said, I still loved the game but that itself was a pretty big disappointment.  Like even the fact that you got upgrades as Ratchet worked when you were Rivet (and vice versa), just felt odd.   I just feel they left a lot on the table by not making them different characters aside from skins and then tailoring parts of levels to require certain tactics from one or the other.

3 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Physical is $35, digital is $25. 

Does the physical not have a release date either?  

Not sure if I want to get it at $25 or not even.  Those kinda games get old quick to me.  I have a flight the 18th though so it could be perfect for that.

Oh yeah I must have the Turtles game on Switch for sure...but more than likely I'll get it on XBox as well, to have that option of playing with certain friends on that platform too.

Longshot, no chance of happening----but I always thought it would be cool to play as Baxter Stockman in a TMNT game like this; the older cartoon "mutant fly" version, of course.  If I were producing a Turtles game, oh yeah I'd have as many characters playable as possible... Rocksteady, Bebop, even that fruity reporter dude and his boss, Slash, Fugitoid, Leatherhead, etc. etc. etc....throw 'em ALL into that character select screen and let the fans have fun with all that.

It still saddens me that we don't and probably never will have a sidescrolling beatemup game featuring Thundercats and/or Silverhawks.  Imagine.. Silverhawks naturally lends itself to having flying/shmup levels in there too.  ...and of course, the Sectaurs; that has absolutely zero chance since the cartoon wasn't even popular in the first place.  I was one of the only kids that liked Sectaurs and had the action figures.  Most people today probably forgot that shit existed.

41 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Does the physical not have a release date either?  

Not sure if I want to get it at $25 or not even.  Those kinda games get old quick to me.  I have a flight the 18th though so it could be perfect for that.

It’s the same day. Amazon is just slow

r: TMNT Online @Darc_Requiemand @RSG3you know I’m down to kick shell.  The game is already preloaded on my Switch. 

Edited by iStu X

I haven't tried it myself just yet, but Cyael jumped right into the Saint's Row character creator thing... and pointed out how pitiful the titty-size options are.... (timestamped 2:34:31)

oh yeah, in that particular thing at least it is NOT measuring up to past SR games, so to speak.  These developers also apparently don't know what a nice thick ass looks like either.  Trying to make women "shapely" in this game seems to just make them pudgy and sloppy fat.  It looks like it may be impossible to give your female character some "instagram ho" body proportions, sadly.

*oddly enough, when the character has clothes on, the titties actually do look bigger like a "padded bra" effect.

I see some good options for making a vampire character though, so that piques my interest at least...

ohhhh that reminds me; someone (maybe me) should get him to check out Vampire Swansong if he wants to get some good rant mileage out of games having unattractive characters.... because goddamn the characters in Swansong are sooo fuckin UGLY...it's hilarious that people would purposely design characters to look like that. 🤣

Edited by MillionX

i was thinking about dmcv today/ dmc series in general. then i remembered chaos legion.

if u guys remember that dmc clone capcom made ps2 era. and how similar it is to dmc4.

yunno after u beat that hard game. you can play as the gun shooting chick. and with her the game is way harder to beat. her weaons do less damage.

i'd like a chaos legion remake, and a god hand remake too pls capcom

Slim chance:

I would love for Dotemu/tribute to do an X-men beat em up.

While I liked the 1992 game, it wasn't as awesome as SOR2/ turtles in Time with regards to gameplay.

Also, basing it on the failed 1989 Pryde of the Xmen pilot when TAS was going full throttle with the Jim Lee aesthetic made it feel somewhat outdated even in its heyday.

Either I would like a modern comic aesthetic or 1991 Jim Lee/TAS aesthetic. Latter would probably more enticing casual folks like Shredder's Revenge is using the 1987 cartoon stylings.

1 hour ago, VirginDefiler said:

i was thinking about dmcv today/ dmc series in general. then i remembered chaos legion.

if u guys remember that dmc clone capcom made ps2 era. and how similar it is to dmc4.

yunno after u beat that hard game. you can play as the gun shooting chick. and with her the game is way harder to beat. her weaons do less damage.

i'd like a chaos legion remake, and a god hand remake too pls capcom

Really had more in common with dynasty warriors than DMC, but it was really fun regardless. I've always thought not putting Seig in MvC3 was a huge missed opportunity. 

54 minutes ago, Camacho said:

Really had more in common with dynasty warriors than DMC, but it was really fun regardless. I've always thought not putting Seig in MvC3 was a huge missed opportunity. 

Chaos Legion is an adaptation of a Light Novel series.

They don't own the characters, hence why they were not added to the vs series, and even less a re release of any type 😭

Loved that game, I still listen to Welcome to the Darkness when doing work that is kind of monotonous to keep me hyped.

Edited by Hecatom

Swung by GameStop to trade in some more stuff. Ended up getting more stuff for PS5. I have so many games now. ☺️

I got at gamestop

Alan Wake Remaster

Control Ultimate

Sifu (really excited to try this)

judgement

lost judgment 

jedi fallen order 

sifu was kind of spur of the moment as I wasn’t planning on getting it. But it’s a game I knew I’d want to try eventually. 

34 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Swung by GameStop to trade in some more stuff. Ended up getting more stuff for PS5. I have so many games now. ☺️

I got at gamestop

Alan Wake Remaster

Control Ultimate

Sifu (really excited to try this)

judgement

lost judgment 

jedi fallen order 

sifu was kind of spur of the moment as I wasn’t planning on getting it. But it’s a game I knew I’d want to try eventually. 

I'm nearing the end of Lost Judgement right now. I really like that series. It still has humor but it is a bit more serious than Yakuza. I can't get enough of solving crimes and slapping around criminals with best bro Kaito.

Mario Strikers is pretty fun played a few games with my son earlier.  I found pressing L to switch players a bit funky, and the way they auto-switch in a game when you are playing coop is a bit odd.  Took a while to get used to it.  The hyper shots are also a bit too powerful but I think they will be harder to get off the more I play the game and I'm guessing online people will shut em down pretty easily.  

Oh one thing that I definitely find a negative is that you can't control the goalie at all.  Like sometimes the opponent will just get the kickoff, walk 10 feet, shoot and score.  It's just kind of whack you can't control the goalie and you really have no say on situations like that other than trying to block/tackle as a normal person.

Edited by purbeast