Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

I played a game called Madshot a bit last night.  Its pretty fun.

When I load most games up now they always say something like "controller recommended" but this game says "we recommend a mouse and keyboard".  Thought it was kinda odd and funny.

Grabbed a bunch of demos yesterday.  I back up demos lately cause some times they are only up for a limited time and I dont always get to them right away.  Gonna check some of them out today I think.  I tried Moons of Darsalon.  Its like a retro style platformer that is sort of similar to Abe's Odyssey.  It looks crappy but cool and it sounds crappy but cool.  I dunno...it was pretty fun though.

ZQXlejL.png

^oh yeah, Madshot definitely looks like my kind of jam... I'll need to look into that.

The joys of portable gaming with the Steam Deck---I was getting the oil change earlier today, and played Doom Eternal in the waiting area the whole time.... Horde Mode, mostly.

I don't like that there's "Traversal" rounds though... platforming and jumping around...nah get out of here with that.  It's DOOM, bruh.. I'm just here to kill shit in cool looking ways, and survive the endless onslaught of demons.  In fact, sometimes I just stand there to wait until the timer ends on those stupid traversal rounds... let me get back to the real action.

Edited by MillionX

Ratchet and Clank is really good. I doubt I’ll 100% it or anything but I won’t be surprised if I do. Pretty much all the “hidden” stuff like gold bolts and armor sets are out In the open. The game is also very happy to give you the materials and xp to power level your weapons. By the time I was on the 3rd world I had over half my arsenal maxed out. 

This feels like a really interactive tech demo for the PS5. Ratchet and Clank was the right game to do this. My main issue is that R&C kinda has Kirby syndrome. Like “yep, this is a R&C game” and I’m not getting much else out of it. 

the Meta commentary stuff at the beginning has been my favorite. The game opens with a parade being thrown for Ratchet and Clank. Ratchet comments on it “Why’re they’re throwing a parade for us now?”. Clank asks what he means by the comment. Ratchet replies along the lines of “I don’t know. Doesn’t it feel weird? We haven’t been heroes or done anything in years. Why throw a parade for us now?” 

Even Doctor Nefarious is like “I can’t remember the last time we’ve done this! It feels like years, doesn’t it?!” 

Edited by iStu X

That shit looks brutal.  I have a lot of metroidvania type games on my wishlist on Steam.  Next to top down/isometric games metroidvania type games are my next favorite.  Just side scrollers in general.  Beat'em ups or metroidvanias or shooters.  Was gonna look on my wishlist and post a couple but that shits too long so I just post the whole thing.

https://store.steampowered.com/wishlist/profiles/76561198002356665/#sort=dateadded

vids...lots of vids.  Most of the vids in this post are indie games that have been shown through some of the various livestreams over the last couple of days including Future Games Show, Freedom Games Showcase, Guerilla Collective 3.0 etc.  I haven't been able to watch  all of these but but one vid I will recommend that caught my attention is the Victory Heat Rally Trailer if you like Arcade Racers.  Very toony artstyle but it's another game that doing its own take on Outrun but but uses colorful sprites in the same manner as Super Mario Kart does for the kart racers when looking at the karts from different angles.

Spoiler

Evil Dead: The Game - Accolades Trailer ^

Game actually looks cool to me, recommend keeping an eye on it if you like arcade racing games ^

Extra

Reminder of some upcoming events

Capcom Showcase 06/13/2022 3pm PT/ 6pm ET

Overwatch 2 Reveal (???...Wouldn't you call this a a rereveal?) Event  June 16  9:55am PT/12:55 ET

Final Fantasy VII 25th Anniversary Celebration  06/16/2022 3pm PT/6PM ET

Xbox & Bethesda Game Showcase 2022  06/12/2022 10 am PT/ 1pm PT

13 hours ago, Hecatom said:

This takes me back to the hatred SCE America had for 2D games on PS1 and especially on PS2. 2D games couldn't be released as standalone titles on PS2 which really fucked SNK over when trying to release their games in the US. They didn't reverse that decision until PS2 was reaching the end of it's life.  

EDIT: Hindsight is a bitch for this one

Edited by Hawkingbird

I missed the whole first hour of Xbox's conference and judging by what I'm seeing on my feed....I didn't miss tooo much.  But hey there's some Silksong news!

vids

Spoiler

Of course I say this and then Xbox ends up announcing that they're actually getting Persona games before Nintendo lol.

5 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

@SonichumanYoure.embeds in the post above are broken. I've noticed a couple times on the site lately.  

Are they broken for anyone else? 

@misterBeeare the Embeds in the spoiler tag in the post above the one above mine working or are they broken for you?

That's disappointing.... Yeah when I look at any of the vids posted in this channel the box comes up but it's black and won't load fully.

Edit:  actually looks like they loaded now.

Edited by Sonichuman

Starfield is HUGE...People gonna have a lot of fun exploring planets and what not.  It's like a higher res hand crafted No Man's Sky.  Aaaand it's also been pushed back to 2023.  Welp...Looks like the only thing possibly preventing Elden Ring from getting GotY this year is Dad of War Ragnarok and whatever potential wild card game NIntendo may not have announced for the 2nd half of the year yet.

Edited by Sonichuman

Also not loading for me. I get a white box with a face with X'd out eyes and a frowns face. 

Anyway I hear the gameplay in Starfiekd looks bad but the customization looks good....so....basic Bethesda Software to me lol. Still like to see it tho before committing to an opinion. 

Yo, @MillionX, you play anything online on Steam?

I never got around to trying some of the demos I downloaded.  Maybe today...maybe not.  Eventually. 

Did play a game called Temp Zero.  Pretty basic looking top down shooter rogue style game.  Its fun and has some good music.

P.S. All the links work fine for me...embedded video.  Just takes a bit for them all to load up.  My guess is cause so much video on this page.  I'm not on a phone but at a computer.

Edited by Faltimar the Dark

i just finished some resident evil 3 remake on luna+ 

i never played re3 before but it felt fine.

re2 and 3 are on luna rn.

i also played Ys monstrum nox or whatev its called. its combat gameplay is actually not bad. but i forgot how tepid and generic jrpg storylines are. nier sorta ruined jrpgs for me.