Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

Starfield will not allow you to fly seamlessly from Planet to Space

https://www.ign.com/articles/starfield-seamless-fly-space-to-planet-not-important-todd-howard

Edit:

343 put up an armor for Halo for Juneteenth...

I didn't know what a Bonobo was but fucking wow...now supposedly Bonobo is the name of some tools that they use.

I want to give the benefit of the doubt...but the question becomes how coincidental does this have to be that this specifically happened for Juneteenth and not for literally anything else?

Edited by Sonichuman

I’m trying to Guardians of Galaxy on PS5 and oof. It’s really rough. I’m not a fan of it so far. I feel like I’m constantly fighting with it to do even the most basic things. 

The game also feels like it spreads itself thin with trying to do too many different things in terms of genres its trying to be. If it only focused on one of them the game would be great. But it doesn’t so it feels like a fucking mess. 

I also really dislike that a lot of the marketing was that version of GotG we were getting for this game would be more comic accurate than MCU related and they’re flat out not. It’s just more MCU type depictions. 

I’m not surprised that Squee had basically no faith in the title and essentially bargain binned it almost immediately right after release. 

Honestly it feels like most the games budget and effort put into gaining the rights to use all the licensed music and not into giving a shit about if the game is actually good or not

I don’t see myself playing it for much longer. 

Edited by iStu X

Nomura says why there have been less Final Fantasy Characters in KH

https://www.ign.com/articles/kingdom-hearts-4-trying-to-find-good-balance-for-final-fantasy-characters

One thing I want to clear up is that a lot of fans are saying that Kingdom Hearts is this collaboration between Disney characters and Final Fantasy characters. But I really feel like that's not the basic concept of Kingdom Hearts; that's not exactly what Kingdom Hearts is.

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

He pretty much says he had Final Fantasy characters in the game because nobody really knew the original characters and now that people enjoy the original characters he doesn't really need the Final Fantasy characters as much.  .....Ok...

14 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Edit:

343 put up an armor for Halo for Juneteenth...

I didn't know what a Bonobo was but fucking wow...now supposedly Bonobo is the name of some tools that they use.

I want to give the benefit of the doubt...but the question becomes how coincidental does this have to be that this specifically happened for Juneteenth and not for literally anything else?

Yeah, it is possible it is a mistake but it is equally possible they have a prick programmer with racist leanings that left it like that on purpose. Hopefully it was just a mistake but yeah terrible.

Edited by Wellman

They can trace changes to the programmer in question in most all orgs programming today, thanks to Source control and communication. No way someone would fuck up their check like that unless he was so high up they couldn't reprimand/fire him. I think it was an accident, but I admittedly don't care to look more into it (meaning I could be way wrong).

Edited by axeman61

Of course the Steam sales continue to be crazy as always... like right now there's several I have in mind that I want to get... I already have Vampyr but it would be nice to have it on the Deck as well----and it's 7.99 right now!  DMC5 is also on sale for about 9 bucks which is an insane steal! (*it shows up with the green checkmark so it works great on the Deck)  There's Geometry Wars Retro Evolved for just 1.99... Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 is 7.99.  ...Metal Gear Rising Revengeance is 7.49.  

The Contra Collection is also on sale but that's lower priority for me; I'm not inclined to double-dip on that one like these other ones. (MGR Revengeance would be the first time I've had it though; I've only played a demo of that.)

14 minutes ago, MillionX said:

Of course the Steam sales continue to be crazy as always... like right now there's several I have in mind that I want to get... I already have Vampyr but it would be nice to have it on the Deck as well----and it's 7.99 right now!  DMC5 is also on sale for about 9 bucks which is an insane steal! (*it shows up with the green checkmark so it works great on the Deck)  There's Geometry Wars Retro Evolved for just 1.99... Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 is 7.99.  ...Metal Gear Rising Revengeance is 7.49.  

The Contra Collection is also on sale but that's lower priority for me; I'm not inclined to double-dip on that one like these other ones. (MGR Revengeance would be the first time I've had it though; I've only played a demo of that.)

Can you not log into your Steam account on your Deck and just install your already bought product? 

You are gonna fucking love Revengance by the way. 

Edited by RSG3
18 minutes ago, MillionX said:

This is the deal to get if you want DMC5: https://www.humblebundle.com/games/capcom-summer-2022-bundle

4 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yeah that's one of the biggest selling points. Unless you have new ID just for your Deck and even then you'd be able to access your library via Family Share.

Yea I figured, like why would I buy a STEAM Deck if I can't use my STEAM account on it?

2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Can you not log into your Steam account on your Deck and just install your already bought product? 

You are gonna fucking love Revengance by the way. 

I meant double-dipping as in getting certain things I had on console now for the Steam Deck...I've always been a console player 99% of the time until now.  I had very few games already on Steam.... like I already have the original Kingdoms of Amalur on Steam; I haven't re-downloaded it just yet to the Deck....but yeah, anything you have on your account from earlier you can just redownload to your Deck.

...and now already I have enough that it's tough to decide what to play whenever I get a moment of game-time... right now I have The Ascent, Doom Eternal, Hatred, Castle Crashers(*already had this years ago) and Prototype 2 on there.  The big 2 out of that small list that I've spent time on has been Doom Eternal and Prototype.

ah, a recent vid on Prototype popped up in my latest search results on it (*I'll have to check this later; there's a live podcast I'm into at the moment)

...such a shame this series will probably stay dead.  To me, it was just bizarre that more people apparently liked Infamous at the time.  Infamous was "ok" for me...but Prototype on the other hand was LEGEND status.

Edited by MillionX
1 minute ago, iStu X said:

Apparently Squee is doing a video presentation tomorrow? I had no idea. 

Two of the major announcements being rumored are debut trailer of FF7R Pt. 2 and a Crisis Core remake announcement 

I was just about to post about the rumor.  The main rumor is coming from this guy The Snitch on Twitter who apparently leaked the entire SoP the day of early in the morning  and then also leaked TLoU Part 1 release date as well as the platforms it was going to be on...before Sony fucked up and leaked it themselves.

People are deciphering this as Crisis Core coming to Xbox, Playstation, Switch, and Steam.

This dude also leaked Overwatch 2 going free to play the day before as well going through his tweets.  Who the hell is this guy?

@HD-Man, yeah @iStu Xis dead on. The FF7 Remake ending literally shows a slightly altered version of the Crisis Core ending in it. With Zack surviving instead.

Side note: The thing I appreciate about the Crisis Core ending is that it did Zack justice. Yeah he lost but it literally took a whole army to bring him down. In the original FFVII he gets capped by a couple Shinra grunts. Then he gets the @Chadoukentreatment in FF7R and wins the impossible battle.

Jonny Atma (Gametal) put this notice up on youtube.

Hey GaMers, I have a TOTALLY RADICAL announcement for you... I got to record most of the guitars heard in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredders Revenge soundtrack!! The soundtrack was composed by the amazing Tee Lopes and features various other awesome special guests such as Mega Ran, Anton Corazza, Raekwon & Ghostface Killah, and Mike Patton. I recorded the guitar tracks for the majority of the OST, as well as the vocals for one of the the hoverboard stage songs, Panic in the Sky! (which can also be heard in the launch trailer!) As someone who was born in '87, TMNT was a HUGE part of my childhood. I had all the movies, toys and everything. I'm pretty sure they contributed to my Pizza Hut addiction as well 😅. So needless to say, when I was asked by Tee if I'd like to be involved, I was BEYOND stoked! Outside of GaMetal, this is easily the highlight of my musical career, and I couldn't have been here without the support I've received from folks like you, giving me the opportunity to dedicate my time to working on game music for everyone. And obviously, a huge shoutout to @Tee Lopes as well. This soundtrack is arguably some of his best work yet, so being a part of it is made even more special by this fact, and I can't wait for you all to hear it. Thank you Tee, and to Dotemu as well for having me be a part of TMNT history! TMNT: Shredders Revenge is available now on all platforms and been receiving rave reviews, so get it and play it as soon as you can! COWABUNGA!! 🍕🐢🐢🐢🐢🐁 (PS: A playlist of all the songs from the soundtrack can be found here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n1kb... )

Noice!  Always dig when people part of the VGM community are in some way able to transition to actually making music for games.