Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

49 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Double dipped have TMNT on Steam and Switch. Heck even gifted a copy to friend. This game deserves all the sales. GOTY.

I might get it on the PS5 as well just so I have more friends to kick shell with. 

edit; just remembered that’d be a bad idea since I don’t have PS+ lol

Edited by iStu X

How's everyone liking Shredders Revenge so far? I'm having fun with it, I think it's a tad long (arcade mode anyway, that's the only mode I've tried so far) but it's fun and it's cool to see some of the lesser known villains like Groundchuck and Wingnut. Anyone tried the online coop yet? 

1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

How's everyone liking Shredders Revenge so far? I'm having fun with it, I think it's a tad long (arcade mode anyway, that's the only mode I've tried so far) but it's fun and it's cool to see some of the lesser known villains like Groundchuck and Wingnut. Anyone tried the online coop yet? 

Seems like everyone is loving the shit out of it so far. I'll probably pick it up tomorrow, for Switch. Pretty excited to play it 🐢

If you gonna get TMNT on Switch, it's $10.70 on the Mexican eShop

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/374137-tmnt-shredders-revenge-10-on-mexican-eshop/

I'm salty I can't get it for that price because my son has like $16 in his account on our family group, and it doesn't let me switch countries with a balance.

$10 is what I'd pay for this game too, and I have a flight tomorrow, so would be perfect.  

3 minutes ago, purbeast said:

LRG = Limited Run Games (the company)

Yeah, that's kinda bullshit. No wonder I couldn't find it at Best Buy  or Target and shit. I bought the Super Mario 3D All-Stars which had a limited run, but that was published by Nintendo. 

Guess I'm gonna DL the digital version- I have a trip next week and wanted to save it for my travels.

2 hours ago, Chadouken said:

Yeah, that's kinda bullshit. No wonder I couldn't find it at Best Buy  or Target and shit. I bought the Super Mario 3D All-Stars which had a limited run, but that was published by Nintendo. 

Guess I'm gonna DL the digital version- I have a trip next week and wanted to save it for my travels.

Yeah 3D Mario Allstars was a bit different.  Nintendo announced that before it was even out that it would only sell for like 6 months or some shit.  The LRG stuff is just like when they make some kinda deals with digital games only to put out a limited amount of physical versions then up the price so they can fuck right off with that.

You should just DL it from the Mexican shop it's $10 bucks.  I would do that if I could but I can't cause I have credit in my son's linked account.

Also, I wish I didn't buy 3D Allstars lol.  I barely played that shit.

Actually I just got it from the Mexico shop for $10 on Switch.

Followed this guide, I didn't know I could do that and play it on any account on my Switch.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/guide/how-to-buy-switch-eshop-games-from-different-regions-like-japan/

Will be playing this on my flight tomorrow.

EDIT:

gmail dot trick works too to use same email address.

Edited by purbeast

LRG doesn't really jack up the price, they just make limited quanitites and do online pre-orders as the majority only way to get stock, which of course sells out immedietly and pops online for a bonkers price. The scalping and their main form of selling are the issue. 

I've bought their physicals I find in stores like the Bloodstained ones. 

Yeah LRG really is only doing that for games that aren't seeing ANY physical release otherwise. It's not like they were going to get a physical release without them.

Them being a little more expensive than digital is natural since these are small runs they're doing as a third party for collectors. 

The second hand market BS is not really their fault

Just beat the ps2 Berserk game. The level design is kind of bad but the way Guts controls and swings his sword is really cool, the game doesn't have any deep mechanics but the general flow of slicing your way through monsters and using your tools, like your arm cannon or bombs, feels awesome, it's almost like you can feel the crushing weight of Guts' Dragon Slayer sword. The game really shines in the one on one boss battles thanks to the animations being fantastic and the way the counter system works. The counter system is really simple, literally just hold or press X when a move is incoming, but they feel so good to pull off just to watch the mini cut scene of Guts flipping around like a mad lad. 

The levels themselves are kinda bad though and some are really long, I'm sure one took me around an hour plus. Its just run from point a to point b while enemies constantly spawn, and I mean constantly, with not much variety. Enemies give low amounts of experience, ranging from 5 to 100, and considering some upgrades cost around 90,000 it's a bit daunting at first until you realise that chaining kills nets you larger exp rewards. I can see what they were going for with this game, slowly pressing on to your next location while carving your way through demons, zombies and spirits etc. But I do wish there was little bit more to chew on in the levels because like I said killing shit with Guts feels so awesome. 

It's definitely a flawed game but one that I would recommend in a heart beat and I almost feel bad for rating it a 7/10 but I don't think I could rate it higher, it's so close to being something really great and it's a shame that Berserk never really gets it's due when it comes to any other media outside of manga, especially in video games. 

Tldr; Berserk ps2 has shit levels but big sword go swoosh! 

https://youtu.be/8pN0AvGPx9w

14 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Did you play the recent English fan patch? I was thinking of seeing if this tower i picked up could run it. Wanted to try to Dreamcast one as well.

Yeah I was running the fan translation I forgot to mention it in my post. It's not the greatest translation but it does its job and you can fill in the gaps or at least get what they're trying to get across. 

Hope you have fun slapping the shit out of stuff with big sword! 

I hear ps2 emulation has come a long way in recent years. 

Oh and BTW the game does follow the manga I believe so some of it is canon so be wary incase you don't want to get spoiled

Edited by Abbachio

Call of Duty introducing new anti cheat measures that takes away cheaters weapons

https://www.ign.com/articles/call-of-dutys-is-punishing-cheating-by-taking-away-their-weapons

Destiny 2 cheat distributer has to pay Bungie 13.5 mill

https://www.ign.com/articles/destiny-2-cheat-lawsuit-13-million-settlement

GEEETT FUCKED.  Taking a page of Nintendo's book on ruthlessness.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 direct coming this wed

https://www.ign.com/articles/xenoblade-chronicles-3-nintendo-direct-june-22

Hopefully they'll address the inventory on the special editions...but I'm not gonna hold my breath

vids

Spoiler

Mario Movie is 75% done

https://variety.com/2022/film/global/illuminations-chris-meledandri-discusses-super-mario-chris-pratt-streamers-cineeurope-1235298656/

Meledandri also chatted about the social media buzz around its untitled “Super Mario” movie whose A-list voice cast is led by Chris Pratt playing the titular video game character. A casting choice which has been called out online due to the fact that Pratt isn’t Italian.

“Chris was cast because we felt he could give a great performance as Mario. And now that we’ve done about 15 recording sessions, and the movie is three-quarters done, I sit here and say that I love his performance as Mario,” said Meledandri. He said that considering he had “Italian American heritage, he could make that decision without worrying about offending Italians or Italian Americans.” “I think we’re gonna be just fine. Especially because (Pratt) he’s given such a strong performance.”

....Wait who's actually upset about Chris Pratt being Mario because he isn't a Italian?  That's a thing?  That's an issue?

4 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Wait who's actually upset about Chris Pratt being Mario because he isn't a Italian? 

There’s no blow back on Pratt voicing Mario cause he’s not Italian. People don’t like Chris Pratt as Mario cause he’s a Bible thumping bigot and An asshole

Edited by iStu X
52 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Mario Movie is 75% done

https://variety.com/2022/film/global/illuminations-chris-meledandri-discusses-super-mario-chris-pratt-streamers-cineeurope-1235298656/

....Wait who's actually upset about Chris Pratt being Mario because he isn't a Italian?  That's a thing?  That's an issue?

Last I checked, people are "mad" because he is a "wrong" thinker.

Perhaps some of them would be also mad because he is not italian, seeing that in VA there is this stupid notion that for example, only blacks should voice blacks, only latinos should voice latinos, etc.

Truth be told, outside the twater dumbsphere, he is very loved by the public.

Case in point, just look at how successful the Jurassic World movies are, despite being on the crap side, lol.

Edited by Hecatom