Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

As far as I can recall, only character to be banned was Hero and that was like some Australian group no one cared about. Other than that, no character in Ultimate has been fully banned. There are people trying to get Steve and Kazuya because they are appearing in top 8, too strong, and carry their players. Which translates to Smashers not wanting to lab the matchup of unconventional characters because not only do Steve and Kazuya have weaknesses to exploit, but they also have matchups against characters where they just straight up lose. 

It’s not like the two are  MvC2 MSP, 3rd Strike Chun-Li, or even Smash 4 Bayonetta where they invalidate the cast. They’re good but mostly because no one is good at fighting them.

16 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Is Kazuya a top tier? The crying I've seen is how difficult his inputs are 

Kazuya is far more technical character than most of the cast with the amount of inputs you have for him but with that being said much like the other traditional fighters in the game, if he touches you it's going to fucking hurt and some times it may result in the loss of a stock.

Exhibit A

Kazuya has a ton of tools as well.  The only thing he's missing is a counter...that's it.

Edited by Sonichuman
1 minute ago, RSG3 said:

He has a projectile?

When I said the only things he's missing is a counter...I meant it lol.

His neutral B is his eye laser that he can angle straight or upwards while grounded while in the air it can be straight or aimed diagonally downward.  It's pretty fast, near full screen and has kill potential if you're off the stage.  The only weakness it has is that short characters can duck under but if you're fighting kazuya on the stage, the laser is not what you will be looking for or what your concern is.

8 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Kazuya has a ton of tools as well.  The only thing he's missing is a counter...that's it.

He has a parry, right? That's practically a counter.

6 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

He has a projectile?

Eye lasers when he's in devil form

Edited by Hawkingbird

so... I got DMC5 on the Deck before the sale ended; 20 bucks for the version that comes with Vergil.... ohhhh and it's beautiful:

james franco sandwich GIF

*edit---of course now I'll need to get an SD card asap... oh yeahh I want to go for a 1 TB card; I'm all in on this shit.

EDIT 2---Whoah I'm late on this... V-Rising update... they enabled LAN mode for offline play?!?!  I never imagined this would happen from any company these days.... but here we go!

Edited by MillionX

Final Fantasy XVI info from various  interviews

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/06/final-fantasy-xvi-producer-naoki-yoshida-interviews-real-time-combat-ai-party-members-no-open-world-more

Clive will be the only main party member you control, All other party members that you come across will be A.I. Controlled. no open world.  Planning to be a complete experience at launch, no plans for tertiary content at this time.

On 6/22/2022 at 8:53 AM, iStu X said:

I messed around with Mikey on Shredders revenge last night. Wow he’s fun to use. I’ve only messed with a few characters (leo, Raph, Mikey) and wow Mikey is so fun. He’s a combo machine and crazy fast 

I goofed around with April last night. I had a pretty good time. 

13 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Kazuya is far more technical character than most of the cast with the amount of inputs you have for him but with that being said much like the other traditional fighters in the game, if he touches you it's going to fucking hurt and some times it may result in the loss of a stock.

Exhibit A

Bruh. . . you pretty much have to play keep away. You're right that he is a faaaaar more technical character in that game. Someone who actually knows what they are doing can pretty much end you with the right opening. 

10 hours ago, HD-Man said:

So it's basically Devil May Cry reskinned with Final Fantasy aesthetics? Not being able to control other members and no open world will probably piss off the die hard fans but I think I'll give it a try

I don't see fans being pissed about no open world. FF fans want a dense world that's open for exploration. I never want a open world like FF15.

1 minute ago, Sonichuman said:

.....Man I gotta ask.  Who is out there buying Lawn Mowing Simulator enough to the point that they think its lucrative enough to put DLC out for it?

Some people wanna sell turnips, some people wanna go fast, some people wanna catch em’ all, some people just wanna trim an old ladies hedges (Are we not doing phrasing anymore?!. Why did no one tell me?) 

6 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I don't see fans being pissed about no open world. FF fans want a dense world that's open for exploration. I never want a open world like FF15.

They failed to fill it with enough interesting stuff to do. Much as I enjoyed 15 and even liked it's open world it's undeniable it lacking content. 

They should look more at Elden Rings style where it's open, but still pretty small and dense with things to do. 

Edited by RSG3
6 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Bro, there's a bunch of people still hoping that FF7R2 will be open world. Fans definitely want it. It's just what they're imagining in their head is like an old style full world map but that you actually explore or some shit. 

Basically entirely unrealistic.

29 minutes ago, Gasarocky said:

Bro, there's a bunch of people still hoping that FF7R2 will be open world. Fans definitely want it. It's just what they're imagining in their head is like an old style full world map but that you actually explore or some shit. 

Basically entirely unrealistic.

Yeah they aren't comprehending the amount of square mileage that has to be filled with activities. Then you have to try to make sure they aren't tedious. Then, in narrative series like FF, you risk the pacing being broken. The best way to do it, to me, is similar to how Tales Of does it. Have large zones that allow for exploration but aren't truly open world. 

Uncharted is coming to Netflix next month on July 15th for those who've been interested in seeing it but haven't yet.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/tom-holland-uncharted-coming-netflix-193400752.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAGM7HoqeGKId4Gx3QRlZrxyE4oDCj0c9aIsIlNEi1IICH2U28u6DygSP8VwOMSPhnUNpP78yzorRc0GX72P4HPOVJ-b_wNxOmwm-hZRKOOlRnImNe1D3D0ukGMtVD1qLgqAkDDVDz4sAGVliKRZRfELhPK4gLe48rQAJvfyEhOGB

I was watching most of it on a plane on the way home from Vegas and I enjoyed what I watched of it so far.  I'm definitely going to add it to my blu ray collection at some point.  Only thing I can say is I can kinda take or leave Mark's Sully at the moment.