Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

I think he meant that Link was a left handed character, not that he was shorter

Link always been short-ish, but it depends on which incarnation or variant of Link you are talking about.
Almost every Link with the exception of Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild is left-handed. 
In Link to the Past, Link is Mostly Left-handed but he fights ambidextrously 

1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

I think he meant that Link was a left handed character, not that he was shorter

I'm confused then cause the response I responded to was directly stated that he didn't think about Link being short and was also in comparison to Mario and Kirby who are short in their universes.

Edited by Sonichuman
10 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I'm confused then cause the response I responded to was directly stated that he didn't think about Link being short and was also in comparison to Mario and Kirby who are short in their universes.

nah you had it right. 

i actually had no idea link was left handed till the wii version of twilight princess came out and some people made a fuss about it.

27 minutes ago, nickmanx5 said:

nah you had it right. 

i actually had no idea link was left handed till the wii version of twilight princess came out and some people made a fuss about it.

Same it never occurred to me and frankly doesn't matter as I don't put that much thought into use hand orientation as something to argue over.

40 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I think Hecatim might have mistaken your response as intended to Darc_Requiem's post about being short AND left handed when he was younger, so growing up all he had was Wolverine and Link.

11 hours ago, nickmanx5 said:

i've always wondered why cyclops wasn't more confrontational  this man logan was always blatantly trying to fuck his wife.

I have comics with him hooking up with Psylocke on the side. He really doesn't have a leg to stand on.  I still laugh about Jean confronting Psylocke and getting one shot KO'd by a psychic knife to the dome.

26 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Cyclops is a serial cheater. He abandoned his wife Madeline and the child he had with her to hooked up with Jean when she was resurrected. He had a psychic affair with Emma and kissed her on Jean's grave. Scott is trash when it comes to relationships.

Yes. That being said he mostly, outside of Madeline but that relationship is a whole other thing, has good taste. Although women that have psychic powers are a dangerous get for someone like him.

Bringing it back to games, who among us wouldn't want to see a X Men game with dating sim options featuring him as the or one of the leads?

Some Gaming Websites, YouTube Channels Halt Coverage Of Activision Blizzard Games

What’s more, Prima Games won’t be covering anything released by Ubisoft

Bloomberg first reported about a lawsuit, filed by the State of California, against Activision Blizzard. It claimed a poisonous “frat boy” culture at the mega-publisher, along with allegations of sexual assault, harassment, and even a death.

On Friday, Prima Games, best known for producing comprehensive strategy guides and walkthroughs for games big and small, indefinitely suspended coverage of games published by Ubisoft or Activision Blizzard.

“What this means is that all past coverage of properties from these companies published to the site prior to this statement being made, including our guides, will remain, but no new coverage will be written until these companies do more to enact meaningful change,” the site’s editorial staff wrote in a statement.

https://primagames.com/feature/prima-games-staff-pausing-coverage-activision-blizzard-and-ubisoft-content

Gaming news and analysis site The Gamer will similarly halt coverage of Activision Blizzard games. “We’re going to stop covering Activision and Blizzard games until there’s some real change and this gaslighting bollocks ends. We’ll cover the ongoing news regarding the current story, but we won’t be covering the games,” editor-in-chief Kirk McKeand said on Twitter.

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/daily-labor-report/activision-blizzard-sued-by-california-over-frat-boy-culture

Edited by AriesWarlock
14 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Not as brave as Scott continually fucking around on psychic women.

Apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. Kid Cable is dating 4/5 Stepford Cuckoo’s simultaneously. 

they’re all cool with it though. 

Edited by iStu X
13 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Watch how Misty will be black because we cant have redheads those days without them being race swapped 😂😂

As a black man that loves hot legal aged black women and also hot legal aged red heads of any color, all I see with this scenario is a win.

But we talking Pokemon and despite some Netflix wins here and there, this is a  disaster waiting to be filmed.

3 minutes ago, Wellman said:

As a black man that loves hot legal aged black women and also hot legal aged red heads of any color, all I see with this scenario is a win.

But we talking Pokemon and despite some Netflix wins here and there, this is a  disaster waiting to be filmed.

I'm sure Ash and Pikachu will be soundly defeated in episode one and it'll be up to Misty to save the day.

9 minutes ago, Wellman said:

I disagree, since i find obnoxious and disingenuous to have characters race swapped. Specially when is for forced diversity.

Is insulting to be honest.

Also, it maybe sound like a meme, but the reality is that plenty of adaptations those days race swap the redhead chars for blacks (specially female red heads) those days and is not funny anymore.

This shit is so obvious that there are multiple sites and articles dedicated to those "phenomenon"

Edited by Hecatom
9 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm sure Ash and Pikachu will be soundly defeated in episode one and it'll be up to Misty to save the day.

But they got their asses kicked in episode one of the anime unless I miss remembered anyway. Ash had to steal old girl bike and still needed a Deus ex machina, maybe two if you believe theories about Ho Oh appearing, to make it.

Just now, Wellman said:

But they got their asses kicked in episode one of the anime unless I miss remembered anyway. Ash had to steal old girl bike and still needed a Deus ex machina, maybe two if you believe theories about Ho Oh appearing, to make it.

Yeah, on Ep.1 Ash and Pikachu weren't a team yet.

Pikachu still hated his guts, and they only managed to escape because Pikachu saw how Ash put his (Pikachu) well being over his own (Ash), leading to Pikachu do an electric attack during the rain that managed to defeat the flock of birds that were chasing them.

assuming its based on the anime a pokemon live action show could be hilarious assuming they keep the everyone in kanto is insane season 1 energy.

like wtf was wrong with all the kanto gym leaders in the anime. i also realized on that twitch marathon like two years ago ash and misty were constantly clowning each other in a way that would never fly these days. like there were some straight savage burns.

also as a black man myself i feel like misty is the too obvious target just because of what heca pointed out. we all know its gonna be brock who gets raced swapped.

Edited by nickmanx5
Just now, BornWinner said:

I mean Brock is right there if they want to have some black representation (though Brock is probably meant to be tanned Japanese, I can see them ignoring it). Then again, it’s not stated if it will be based on the anime. Just a Netflix series based on Pokémon.

I always assume that all dark skinned chars in Pokemon are just tanned japanese.

And yeah, i know that they only announced it is a pokemon series, and i am partially joking, though with the track record of netflix of fucking up most adaptations, and the epidemic of race swapping red heads, is easy to see them doing it.

Lets not forget that they swapped Andromeda Shun gender to female, because as the producer said, you can't have a show with only male leads on Netflix, and their most recent policies now obligate the showrunners to have "diversity" even if is against the source material or context of the series.

2 minutes ago, nickmanx5 said:

assuming its based on the anime a pokemon live action show could be hilarious assuming they keep the everyone in kanto is insane season 1 energy.

like wtf was wrong with all the kanto gym leaders in the anime. i also realized on that twitch marathon like two years ago ash and misty were constantly clowning each other in a way that would never fly these days. like there were some straight savage burns.

also as a black man myself i feel like misty is the too obvious target just because of what heca pointed out. we all know its gonna be brock who gets raced swapped.

If Brock were to make a black man, i think most wouldnt mind, although that brings us to another recurring hollywood shit, where they place the only black male char into a comedic sidekick role, so is not a win scenario either, 🤣

But at least it wouldnt as terrible as the effeminate/weak male char type that usually happens when the lead is a female, like what happened in batwoman, where Lucius is this weak ass nigga that lacks any kind of spine.

1 minute ago, Hecatom said:

If Brock were to make a black man, i think most wouldnt mind, although that brings us to another recurring hollywood shit, where they place the only black male char into a comedic sidekick role, so is not a win scenario either, 🤣

But at least it wouldnt as terrible as the effeminate/weak male char type that usually happens when the lead is a female, like what happened in batwoman, where Lucius is this weak ass nigga that lacks any kind of spine.

let get to what's really gonna bring the the viewers. an expanded lt. surge backstory i need to know how many niggas did raichu smoke during the war!

also wtf does a pokemon war look like? were folks using weedles like machine guns? were golems running over people? i need answers!

2 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Some Gaming Websites, YouTube Channels Halt Coverage Of Activision Blizzard Games

What’s more, Prima Games won’t be covering anything released by Ubisoft

Bloomberg first reported about a lawsuit, filed by the State of California, against Activision Blizzard. It claimed a poisonous “frat boy” culture at the mega-publisher, along with allegations of sexual assault, harassment, and even a death.

On Friday, Prima Games, best known for producing comprehensive strategy guides and walkthroughs for games big and small, indefinitely suspended coverage of games published by Ubisoft or Activision Blizzard.

“What this means is that all past coverage of properties from these companies published to the site prior to this statement being made, including our guides, will remain, but no new coverage will be written until these companies do more to enact meaningful change,” the site’s editorial staff wrote in a statement.

https://primagames.com/feature/prima-games-staff-pausing-coverage-activision-blizzard-and-ubisoft-content

Gaming news and analysis site The Gamer will similarly halt coverage of Activision Blizzard games. “We’re going to stop covering Activision and Blizzard games until there’s some real change and this gaslighting bollocks ends. We’ll cover the ongoing news regarding the current story, but we won’t be covering the games,” editor-in-chief Kirk McKeand said on Twitter.

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/daily-labor-report/activision-blizzard-sued-by-california-over-frat-boy-culture

This won't end well. I'm sure other companies have skeletons. So we'll see if they are truly principled or clout chasing in short order.

3 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

The rumored roster for the NRS Marvel game is trash.

https://www.cbr.com/netherrealms-marvel-fighting-game-leaks

Blob, Mojo, Zola? But why?

While i like Injustice and MK games, a Marvel game made by NRS will be trash no matter how you look at it.

For starters, something that i have critiqued them for Injustice and i am sure they will do it for a theoretical marvel game, is that instead of doing a stylized game, they will go for photorealism, which imo, is a huge turn off when it comes to games based of comic properties.

Then is the way they implement mechanics and how the gameplay is on their games.

Dunno about the rest, but in my case i like their games despite of how they do that.

By this point you would think they will learn how to make a game that has mechanics that make sense, and a gameplay that doesnt feel like garbage, but by this point i assume they do it because they feel is what is expected from them.

20 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

If the black actress dresses like Misty I will have no complaints 😁

You know very well that Netflix will never have a female lead on hot pants, if it is based on the anime, i expect her on baggy sweat pants and to be overweight.

Bonus points if is a butch lesbian so we can fill the bingo 🤣 

Edited by Hecatom
12 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

This won't end well. I'm sure other companies have skeletons. So we'll see if they are truly principled or clout chasing in short order.

The hilarious thing about this, is that is basically punishing the whole for the sins of few.

Like, take for example Ubisoft.

Is compromised by multiple studios across the world, with multiple branches that are not aware of what others do.

Even if we say that all management knew, up to the most top level (which is very likely untrue), they are now diminishing and demonizing the work of people who don't have shit to do with the scandals.

Hold the companies accountable on what they need to do to correct the situation, yes, but don't act like the whole is some amorphous collective where all share the blame.

That is fucking stupid.

Honestly that roster is way better than what we got in Infinite, but I don't fault Capcom for that game with the shit Marvel was pulling. 

Honestly tho, it's just gonna be Injustice with Marvel characters. May as well just skip to Marvel vs DC if they already got rights to both licenses 

But let me focus on the here and now: Fix that herky jerk animation and controls, I'd consider buying Marvel NRS

37 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Honestly that roster is way better than what we got in Infinite, but I don't fault Capcom for that game with the shit Marvel was pulling. 

While Marvel is to blame for the roster on their side.

Capcom is to blame for all the shoddiness of the game as a whole.

After all, they were the ones that didn't want to make it in the 1st place, and only allowed it to happen once Capcom USA took over the costs of the project and made it as cheaply as possible.

26 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

While Marvel is to blame for the roster on their side.

Capcom is to blame for all the shoddiness of the game as a whole.

After all, they were the ones that didn't want to make it in the 1st place, and only allowed it to happen once Capcom USA took over the costs of the project and made it as cheaply as possible.

Yet despite the low budget that managed to have good netcode 👀