Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

I still haven't experienced this issue with a controller.  I dunno what the fuck these companies do but it seems like they do it so you gotta keep buying controllers.

This game looks it might be fun.  I'm really starting to get into horror games...they're exciting for me.  But I'm mad scurry so its hard for me to play them.  Its fucked up but whatever.  I'll play this one.

Couple other games I came across I thought looked cool.  One is like a vampire killing game.  Its like a hero co-op vampire hunting game. 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1294810/Redfall/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1244090/Sea_of_Stars/

It surprises me that the Cuphead DLC actually became a reality... I got to the point where I had given up on it... figuring it would be another ongoing vaporware joke like Duke Nukem Forever was for so many years.

...and I was thinking of another thing again that is truly in development hell---Bloodlines 2.  There hasn't been a case this frustrating before, at least for me... it was my #1 most anticipated thing...and I was imagining what kind of character I'd be again.  The setup was going to be so cool... you're a person that was part of a "mass embrace", which was most likely Sabbat shenanigans there....surely quite the mess for the other factions to try and clean up.  The player character starts off from this embrace as a weak "Thinblood"...and you become a true vamp later by "diablerizing" someone.  I figure the quest was probably going to be each clan having someone that's a "problem" they want taken care of...preferably killed....and a free opportunity to kill and take their power is its own reward.  I was not sure if they were going to allow the option of remaining a thinblood but that's a choice I'd never pick anyway....the only cool thing about them is that some are still so human they can be a day-walker with no problems, like Blade.

10 minutes ago, iStu X said:

sucker punch letting us know they hate us. 

Everyone shit on the last Sly game that came out even tho it was Sly 2 on steroids with secondary characters who where actually fun to play. 

Anyway I bought Intertial Drift for my Switch. It's pretty fun tho it's hard getting used to steering with both sticks. I have a complaint tho, game feels like it has a memory leak. I'll practice a course for a few laps and by the 4th or 5th the frame rate has tanked and I have to reload the course. That's disappointing. 

I like enough that if I see it on sale on PS4/5 I'll probably double dip on it. It's really fun and I like time trial racers which is what this is so it appeals to me, plus it's Togue racing, they don't make enough race games about this type racing. 

Edited by RSG3
2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Everyone shit on the last Sly game that came out even tho it was Sly 2 on steroids with secondary characters who where actually fun to play. 

I’ve actually never played a Sly. I’m more upset about the lack of Infamous. 😂

Though Im actually not surprised they’re not working on either title. It’s probably all hands on deck when it comes to the Wolverine game 

Edited by iStu X
27 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I’ve actually never played a Sly. I’m more upset about the lack of Infamous. 😂

Im actually not surprised they’re not working on either title. It’s probably all hands on deck when it comes to the Wolverine game 

I just think not only are they done with Sly, but the gaming sphere in general isn't open to that kind of a collect-a-thon platformer anymore, almost all of them get shit on if they aren't named Mario are an absolute home run banger. 

I only played Infamous 2 and I thought it was chill. 

Always the tough question. Do you press on and hope a grace point is around the corner or back track 3 times as far to one you know for sure? 

Of course you decide to press on cut fuck going back and then some mage cleric fuck drops a hammer on your head and kills you. 

Thanks Miyazaki. 

4 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I'm doing the second part of Ranni quest line and this underground city is littered with silver tears that like to ambush. I had a close call in a cathedral with mimic tears and an assassin that looks like a prefumer

Did you find your own Mimmic Tear down there? There is one for you, don't miss it. 

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

The lake of rot is officially the worst fucking poison area I've ever encountered in a souls game. Thank God I have faith so I can use flame cleanse me. This place is hell

Well thankfully its also the smallest poison area of any Souls game....I mean it's some kind of mercy right?

The arguable best weapon in the entire game is down there by the way.

Edited by RSG3
7 hours ago, iStu X said:

RWBY is still I thing? I haven’t heard anything about that show since 2009. 

Is...

... complicated, at least according to the fans.

I personally find amusing how the show that had a lot of potential basically went into doodoo once Monty Oum died.

I think there is an actual anime airing right now.

Roster Teeth did shit to promote it.

I have 0 idea if this anime is a side story, a reboot or an alt universe.

Also, they were released as alt skins with voice and all on Paladins

Edited by Hecatom