Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

Thought some of you all might appreciate this since you gamers...

I got my new EEPROMs today to convert my KI1 board into a dual boot KI1/KI2 board.  It was a pretty neat/fun project and basically doubled the value of that board.

Here is a video of it in action.

Here is a pic of the board after the mod.  It's not the actual board that is modded at all but rather wire connecting pin1 of each EEPROM that has been left out of the socket, then wired to a switch and to the 2-1 SD card adapter that I removed the physical switch and rather tied it to the wired up switch.

0MuByEl.jpg

36 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Elden ring

Reveal hidden contents

Why did I have to kill Blaidd? He had his madness under control. It ain't right

Lji dying shouldn't have happened neither. I like him more than the blacksmith at the hold.

Wish I could say I understood anything about the story in Elden Ring, but I also think that is part of an optional quest if I remember right?

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

Wish I could say I understood anything about the story in Elden Ring, but I also think that is part of an optional quest if I remember right?

It's apart of Ranni quest line. I understand why I had to buy I didn't want to do it. He was one the best characters I've encountered in this game. Now I worry about Alexander.

1 minute ago, Chadouken said:

So should I be exploring and shit in Elden Ring, or do I make a beeline for where the graces are guiding me to? Seems like I have to go kill some fucker in a castle up on a cliff, but I don't want to miss anything that's going to make that easier.

Explore explore explore! 

But the best part about the game is you can do whatever you want.  You can follow the grace or go do whatever else it is you want to do.

12 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

So should I be exploring and shit in Elden Ring, or do I make a beeline for where the graces are guiding me to? Seems like I have to go kill some fucker in a castle up on a cliff, but I don't want to miss anything that's going to make that easier.

The Guidence if Grace is a trap lol. It's where you need to go but you should explore long before you follow it lol. 

Oh yeah, for a while I was wondering if fans would've had at least 1 more new character class to get....I would've preferred seeing the Druid be added to D3.

*seeing that pic of Amazon from Dragon's Crown reminded me... imagine the sad, pathetic result if some of today's companies would've produced Dragon's Crown in 2022... like Netherrealm Studios, for instance....or the people developing the new joke that's being called "Saint's Row".  Amazon would definitely not look like that.  She'd be suited up and fully covered, probably....no skin showing at all....they'd rather have her designed like an actual muscle dude instead of an exaggerated muscular female. The titties and any feminine curves would disappear too....for both her and the Elf....they'd probably just make Elf look like a 10 year old boy and call it a non-binary person.  She's already covered up enough so they'd breathe a sigh of relief on that one, I guess... They'd probably be tempted to make sure that in terms of gameplay, the male characters are drastically inferior to the female and lgbtq+ characters as well, since y'know that's important too.  Fighter and Dwarf would be Yamcha-tier jokes that weren't worth a damn even on Easy mode.

Their take on Diablo would be amusing as well... I guarantee ya "the agenda" would infect the story mode as well.  Instead of crafting some kind of generic story about how we save the world from Diablo and the various Lords of evil and all that...they'd be more preoccupied with "getting the message out" and all that... gotta say something about the patriarchy and the male gaze, lgbtq rights, female empowerment (by making sure no male is ever shown to be superior or even equal to them) etc.  ....since obviously that's what the audience really wants when they think about playing a new Diablo game, right?

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, MillionX said:

Amazon would definitely not look like that.  She'd be suited up and fully covered, probably....no skin showing at all....they'd rather have her designed like an actual muscle dude instead of an exaggerated muscular female.

That reminds me of when R. Mika's butt slap was cut from SFV. Laura's underboob still exists and Capcom continued on to sell bikini DLC but a split second of time is considered politically incorrect.

30 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

They should have canned this game and put all hand on deck for D4.

The only reason I can think that Diablo Immortal was released was to buff up Blizzard's quarterly profits. While everything crumbled at Blizzard last year and their release schedule was getting pushed back, they probably realized they had nothing for this summer so they dusted off this crap out of desperation.

Game let's you use summons all kinds of places that don't have bosses. 

With that said yes Mountaintop of the Giants is a damage spike, everything's gonna be doing tons of damage from now on, and I really REALLY recommend you have 60 Vigor, the hard cap for that Stat. You're also gonna wanna wear the physical defense talismans  to try and keep damage down. If you found Blacguard Bogart and he's still alive I really recommend buy as much of his steamed crab as you can.

Edited by RSG3
1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

Game let's you use summons all kinds of places that don't have bosses. 

With that said yes Mountaintop of the Giants is a damage spike, everything's gonna be doing tons of damage from now on, and I really REALLY recommend you have 60 Vigor, the hard cap for that Stat. You're also gonna wanna wear the physical defense talismans  to try and keep damage down. If you found Blacguard Bogart and he's still alive I really recommend buy as much of his steamed crab as you can.

I'm fucked with it comes to Bogart. I met Rya at the Volcano Manor so I'm locked out of his quest line. 

I'm currently 44 on Vigor. It's enough to not get one shot. I use my tailmans to boost faith. I like making use of black and frenzy flames. 

Edited by Hawkingbird
13 hours ago, MillionX said:

Oh yeah, for a while I was wondering if fans would've had at least 1 more new character class to get....I would've preferred seeing the Druid be added to D3.

*seeing that pic of Amazon from Dragon's Crown reminded me... imagine the sad, pathetic result if some of today's companies would've produced Dragon's Crown in 2022... like Netherrealm Studios, for instance....or the people developing the new joke that's being called "Saint's Row".  Amazon would definitely not look like that.  She'd be suited up and fully covered, probably....no skin showing at all....they'd rather have her designed like an actual muscle dude instead of an exaggerated muscular female. The titties and any feminine curves would disappear too....for both her and the Elf....they'd probably just make Elf look like a 10 year old boy and call it a non-binary person.  She's already covered up enough so they'd breathe a sigh of relief on that one, I guess... They'd probably be tempted to make sure that in terms of gameplay, the male characters are drastically inferior to the female and lgbtq+ characters as well, since y'know that's important too.  Fighter and Dwarf would be Yamcha-tier jokes that weren't worth a damn even on Easy mode.

Their take on Diablo would be amusing as well... I guarantee ya "the agenda" would infect the story mode as well.  Instead of crafting some kind of generic story about how we save the world from Diablo and the various Lords of evil and all that...they'd be more preoccupied with "getting the message out" and all that... gotta say something about the patriarchy and the male gaze, lgbtq rights, female empowerment (by making sure no male is ever shown to be superior or even equal to them) etc.  ....since obviously that's what the audience really wants when they think about playing a new Diablo game, right?

1656691880618.jpg

Reminds me of this Simpsons joke. 

3 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Gonna need a spiritual sequel to the Shredder's Revenge, but using the 2003 Turtles and villains, they have SO much material they could use for a game (it had games but they mostly sucked) . That TMNT series is so slept on

Shredder's was fun as hell running through with my cousin, so now I need MOAR 🗣️

Stockman being a reoccurring boss but coming back more and more fucked up like the cartoon has been one of my dreams for a TMNT game for the longest time. Maybe even have a few levels set in that bad future. It would be so cool.

I think this was covered in another vid that got posted a few days ago....

forced online connectivity ---such a good thing, right?  Yeah, sure. 😆

ah, that brought back a memory or two... he mentioned For Honor... I was very much looking forward to that one...until I found out it would be yet another "online service" game.... good thing I found that out before spending 1 cent on that nonsense.

Edited by MillionX

MAME cab nearly complete.  Not going to feel bad letting go of my KI boards with how flawlessly this plays on the emus.  You can see how I'm not used to no lag and press stuff early lol.  Love the interface.  I just need to clean up some of the genres and stuff to organize a bit, but other than that, it's ready to go.

Edited by purbeast

Currently watching a streamer (Cyael) play Saint's Row 3... one of the little annoyances I had with that one's customization was that black-color hair wasn't pure black hair.  Eh, it's a shame that we may as well consider the end of the franchise to be SR4 and "Gat Outta Hell".  

heh heh... one of the good ol' memories just came back to me while watching this--- one of my customized characters from part 2 was Senator John McCain.  The funny thing is that there was a particular walking animation where the player character shakes his arm like he has a persistent arm injury, so that was the obvious choice for a John McCain character.  I had so much fun just with the character aspect of this franchise.... and new ideas are coming to mind now; I have the remasters of part 3 and 4....looks like I'll be getting back into that again... there's been many new "interesting characters" in real life that popped up in the years since those games originally came out...  people like Hunter Biden, Alex Jones, Ezra Miller, Elliot Rodger, etc.

Tried out this little demo today of a game that looks pretty cool.  Not sure when it'll come out.

Haven't really played this much lately.  We dont do so good here but I still had fun.  I wish part 2 would get co-op going.

I cant remember if I posted a video of this game or anything.  Its called Sons of the Forest.  Shit looks real cool.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1326470/Sons_Of_The_Forest/

2 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Ten years later…

I’m glad to see this. I know some people have been wanting a modern port of this game for the longest time. With some of the music changing, I expect some costumes may not return either (goodbye Ash from Evil Dead costume).

just fix the fucking controls. 

6 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Ten years later…

I’m glad to see this. I know some people have been wanting a modern port of this game for the longest time. With some of the music changing, I expect some costumes may not return either (goodbye Ash from Evil Dead costume).

The music changing sucks to hear. It's one of James Gunn signatures I enjoy the most.