Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, nickmanx5 said:

i still remember that octopus boss in valkyrie profile 2 hard stopping my progress of my first playthrough.

Yea that boss is definitely the first real wall and I got stuck on it my first time to. That's the first fight that really demands you position yourself well, execute your combos, and have a good team build going or your gonna wipe over and over. That whole dungeon is a wakeup call honestly. I got stuck again later on the Hydra Boss you fight in a poison swamp.

 

Good times, good times.

Link to comment
Posted (edited)

I have both VP games, as well as the strategy guides for them. Loved the first, but couldn’t really get into the second. I may have to double back to it like I did with Vagrant Story, which ended up becoming one of my all-time favorite games, another one being VP1. In any case, nigga’s souls will be getting engraved upon (in Elysium AND Lenneth) come late September lmao.

Edited by hanzohattori12
Link to comment

Here are some of the games I have in my Metroidvania category.  I'm not sure if they all belong there but that's where I put them.

 

ktt7fm1.png

 

I've had the most fun with Aeterna Noctis.  The folk that made that also dropped a rogue style game that is like a preqeul to it.  Its called Summum Aeterna.

Link to comment
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, purbeast said:

Perhaps you can't read lol, but again, I'm looking for something I haven't played.

 

Also looking for games that came out after I could drive.

Chad's just being Chad. Far as I can tell, Chad just likes to make people laugh. I remember seeing him make an angry post once between here and SRK. After collapsing at the sight of it, I picked myself up off of the floor and I bought some Powerball tickets. 😉

Edited by Darc_Requiem
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Chadouken said:

@purbeast did you ever play Celeste? I actually played it on one of my trips and it's a great game for the plane. It's not a Metroidvania, but it is a really solid platformer.

I did I have that on Switch.  Cool game.  Don't think I finished it but got far so I can always revisit that too.

Link to comment
Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

If I read correctly, the first Valkyrie Profile is bundled with Elysium. BOUGHT if that's true 🗣️

Wonder if it's the PSX or the PSP Lenneth version. 

 

I would imagine the Lenneth Version as it's in wide screen (stretched) and has the cgi fmvs as opposed to the hand drawn ones. 

Edited by RSG3
Link to comment

On the Switch related stuff - anyone play Iconoclasts?  I remember thinking it looked cool back in the day but never got around to it.  Anyone have any opinion on it?

 

I checked out those other games and I'm not feeling the Deedlit art style, however I may grab that Vigil and the Longest Night game too.

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, purbeast said:

On the Switch related stuff - anyone play Iconoclasts?  I remember thinking it looked cool back in the day but never got around to it.  Anyone have any opinion on it?

 

I checked out those other games and I'm not feeling the Deedlit art style, however I may grab that Vigil and the Longest Night game too.

Iconoclasts is cool but it's really puzzle oriented and it's story is really dark for a pixel game with such vibrant colors. 

Link to comment
20 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Wonder if it's the PSX or the PSP Lenneth version. 

 

I would imagine the Lenneth Version as it's in wide screen (stretched) and has the cgi fmvs as opposed to the hand drawn ones. 

They say it's the Psp version 

Link to comment
Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Iconoclasts is cool but it's really puzzle oriented and it's story is really dark for a pixel game with such vibrant colors. 

Damn. I might have to play this. I have it. I bought during one of the usual eShop sales. I played the tutorials and maybe an hour pass that but then just got sidetracked 

Edited by iStu X
Link to comment
6 hours ago, purbeast said:

Anyone have any suggestions for some more recent (doesn't HAVE to be though) Switch games they would recommend to play on some upcoming flights?

 

I am more into metroidvania types or action/adventure games.  Not into RPG in the least.  I also got Shredder's Revenge for my previous flights and not really a fan.

 

Looking to grab a game tonight for my flights tomorrow.

Ever played any of the Shantae games? It’s a cute little Platformer that sometimes requires you to go back to previous locations with the new abilities you require. I personally recommend Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse and it seems to be the most Metroidvania-ly of the series.

Link to comment
50 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Ever played any of the Shantae games? It’s a cute little Platformer that sometimes requires you to go back to previous locations with the new abilities you require. I personally recommend Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse and it seems to be the most Metroidvania-ly of the series.

Yeah I've played through the 2 most recent ones on Switch.  Great games.

Link to comment
Posted (edited)

So I haven’t been posting about playing a lot of games cause I’ve actually just been going one game right after another (on top of just not really having time to do lengthy posts recently) 

 

I recently played and beat 

 

Guardians of the Galaxy (Hated it, honestly. Thankfully it was short. I really hate what James Gunn has done to GotG. I honestly feel that’s why the last writer of the GotG comic, Al Ewing was taken off. He was undoing all of the “Gunn-isms” writers were made forced to work.) 

 

Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart (In a positive and negative may I was left wanting more)

 

Jedi Fallen Order (Absolutely fucking LOVED! Honestly super surprised by how much I enjoyed this game. Phenomenal game. Can’t wait for the sequel) 

 

Mechstermination Force (Fun boss rush game where you fight giant robots with Contra inspired weapons. Short game but really fun.) 


and currently playing 
 

Sifu (being honest, with how short the game supposedly is and how much I dislike the combat I see myself dropping it.) 

 

Fire Emblem Three Hopes (. Honestly might restart my file. Ive been playing it while really sick. *not covid. Just a really bad head cold*  So don’t remember much and a lot of the stuff I do remember was kinda overwhelming. So I’ll probably restart the game when I’m over this head cold so I can take my time and really focus on everything that’s going on. I’m barely into chapter 4 which is the first post-prologue chapter. So I’m not terribly far) 

Edited by iStu X
Link to comment
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Someone goofed...WHILE the dev was on stream with him

https://www.ign.com/articles/marvels-avengers-she-hulk-leaks

 

 

At this point who gives a shit 😂 

the game has been long dead and the devs were one of the main reasons it died 

 

Also my man on the bottom screen look like Bubbles from Trailer Park Boys after eating an entire bakery 

Edited by iStu X
Link to comment
56 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Well I called an audible and ended up snagging Death's Door.  Will report back if I like it.

Its an ok game.  Not great or anything but its fun.  Its not very long either.

 

I made a gif of it a while ago using the crappy gif maker thing that comes with my gpu.

spacer.png

Link to comment
13 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

Its an ok game.  Not great or anything but its fun.  Its not very long either.

 

I made a gif of it a while ago using the crappy gif maker thing that comes with my gpu.

spacer.png

Yeah I want to basically play through the whole game on my flights if possible.  

 

2 2.5 hours flights tomorrow, and 2 next week to come home.

Link to comment
Just now, Darc_Requiem said:

Hopefully then new overlords do a better job than sad ass Square Enix

I have my fingers crossed so hard for Deus Ex I fear they may break...My hope remains low regardless.

Link to comment
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Eh I don't blame the Devs. Everything about Avengers stinks of Corpo Fuckery. 

There were multiple post-launch developer streams of the game where The dev’s were making fun of the player base whining about the game being so broken, netplay being bad, progress being slow, why isn’t this fixed, or why is this characters powers not comic book accurate, fix this, fix that, etc.  So fuck the dev.
 

 fuck Squeenix too for somehow totally fucking up an easy slam dunk, fuck Sony for flexing about owning spider Man, fuck Squee again for going along with Sony

Edited by iStu X
Link to comment
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, iStu X said:

There were multiple post-launch developer streams of the game where The dev’s were making fun of the player base whining about the game being so broken, netplay being bad, progress being slow, why isn’t this fixed, or why is this characters powers not comic book accurate, fix this, fix that, etc.  So fuck the dev.

I don't care. I'd make fun of a bunch of entitled comic book fucks to. "Why aren't their powers comic accurate!?!" Because it's not the fucking comic book that's why. "Why isn't this or that fixed" because SE wants you to buy Spooderman DLC instead and because you're a moron who can't see what a dumpster fire this product is your going to whine about the bugs and then buy the stupid DLC anyway and teach SE they can fuck you over and you'll ask for more regardless.  Gamers enable this shit then they cry and whine about the shit they enable. 

 

Deserve to be made fun of 

Edited by RSG3
Link to comment
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I don't care. I'd make fun of a bunch of entitled comic book fucks to. "Why aren't their powers comic accurate!?!" Because it's not the fucking comic book that's why. "Why isn't this or that fixed" because SE wants you to buy Spooderman DLC instead and because you're a moron who can't see what a dumpster fire this product is your going to whine about the bugs and then buy the stupid DLC anyway and teach SE they can fuck you over and you'll ask for more regardless.  Gamers enable this shit then they cry and whine about the shit they enable. 

 

Deserve to be made fun of 

The fact that the game bombed and SE sold their western studios says that gamers didn't enable this shit 😂

 

Edit

 

Also no, they deserve to be mocked by other gamers for falling for the obvious shit game, but fuck that noise of companies mocking and insulting their customers.

 

That idiotic shit is what has lead to the western entertainment industry to become shit. 

 

Edited by Hecatom
Link to comment
16 hours ago, purbeast said:

On the Switch related stuff - anyone play Iconoclasts?  I remember thinking it looked cool back in the day but never got around to it.  Anyone have any opinion on it?

 

I checked out those other games and I'm not feeling the Deedlit art style, however I may grab that Vigil and the Longest Night game too.

Vigil is pretty good. It's more a souls-like metroidvania and it actually does the souls thing pretty well in 2d. I went into it expecting more of a Castlevania type game (I think I got it confused with The Last Faith) but I wound up enjoying it. It's worth $13.

Link to comment
Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

 

So it wouldn't deliver tje jrpg experience then? 🤔

I actually backed this game.
 

It takes a lot of inspiration from Chrono Trigger. Which really didn’t have either. Chrono Trigger didn’t have random encounters and even getting the rainbow shells to make the ultimate gear + rainbow sword and the secret tri-team rocks weren’t that much of a grind. 

Edited by iStu X
Link to comment
14 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I actually backed this game.
 

It takes a lot of inspiration from Chrono Trigger. Which really didn’t have either. Chrono Trigger didn’t have random encounters and even getting the rainbow shells to make the ultimate gear + rainbow sword and the secret tri-team rocks weren’t that much of a grind. 

 

It was mostly a joke since people tend to assume that all jrpgs are like that 😅

Link to comment
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

The fact that the game bombed and SE sold their western studios says that gamers didn't enable this shit 😂

I literally blamed the state of the game on the producer. 8 never said gamers enabled the state of the game. I said gamers are entitled and in many cases deserve to be made fun of. Had nothing to do with why the game is in the state it's in. 

 

1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

Also no, they deserve to be mocked by other gamers for falling for the obvious shit game, but fuck that noise of

Yes studio doing what is mandated by their owners is why the studio deserves to be mocked. You're  being a perfectly example of exactly what I am talking about.  Fuck the devs for being pulled off other projects to make this trash. Fuck the Devs for having to listen to their bosses in order to keep their jobs. Fuck the devs because it's easier then examining what actually went wrong. Being a consumer doesn't shield you from criticism by the creators of what you consume. 

 

1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

That idiotic shit is what has lead to the western entertainment industry to become shit. 

As we continue to own the entire entertainment industry. We put out so much fucking entertainment this sweeping generalization isn't even worth the time it took you to type it. 

Edited by RSG3
Link to comment
6 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Thank God no lmao. 

Yeah that game had Gacha levels of grind. You'd have a weapon that was like 32,000 meseta and battles would net you like 500 or 600 meseta. But you have 4 party members, some of which dual weld, and then you had similarly priced armor upgrades. There is a reason I still remember the music in that game despite not touching it in decades 😑

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
  • Create New...
Stage Select