Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

Got back from Roatan last night and played through a lot of Death's Door on my flights.  Loving this game.  The combat and stuff can feel a bit repetitive, and sometimes the isometric view causes me to miss stuff, but that isn't much of a problem to me.  I just love the art style in the game and the music is incredible.  The game just has so much charm as a full package and keeps me wanting more.  Good stuff.

32 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

If you were for some reason wondering about Resetera and their reaction to Bayonetta 3 having a censorship mode, wonder no longer.

IMG_8221.jpg

They hate it.

Can't fucking win.  Bayo 3 has more hair clothes on in this game than than the other 2 games and they're still bitching.  Sounds like the only thing that woukd satisfy them at this point if they gut Bayo completely as a character and make her a plank with no female features. 

And what makes it even more frustrating is that it does address the prudes directly and they're saying it doesn't on some "NO IF I DON'T WANT TO SEE SOME SKIN THEN YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE SKIN EITHER"  type shit.

Edit 2:  on the other hand I'd also be pretty annoyed at anyone yelling Censorship on this game cause its an option.  That nearly makes those people no better than the people who want to take skin away from others.  There shouldn't be anyone saying something like that cause the original artist's intent is still intact, the option is not being forced on you.

Edited by Sonichuman
51 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Can't fucking win.  Bayo 3 has more hair clothes on in this game than than the other 2 games and they're still bitching.  Sounds like the only thing that woukd satisfy them at this point if they gut Bayo completely as a character and make her a plank with no female features. 

And what makes it even more frustrating is that it does address the prudes directly and they're saying it doesn't on some "NO IF I DON'T WANT TO SEE SOME SKIN THEN YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE SKIN EITHER"  type shit.

Edit 2:  on the other hand I'd also be pretty annoyed at anyone yelling Censorship on this game cause its an option.  That nearly makes those people no better than the people who want to take skin away from others.  There shouldn't be anyone saying something like that cause the original artist's intent is still intact, the option is not being forced on you.

Bro read their posts again. They ecentered themselves in the conversation in every single post. Nothing will satisfy them because it's about bitching about something to feel self.impoetant and like they are doing something, standing up for a great injustice but really it's all about themselves. 

31 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

It's good idea and a good option. @RSG3gave a personal example of how this would be ideal for when you'd may small children around.

23 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Bayonetta is one of my favorite game franchises. I was all good with that trailer, but then the release date. . . . that's my late Dad's birthday. 

Feels Final Fantasy GIF

This is gonna be one to remember. Gotham Knights releases on my B-day. That weekend is about to be something EPIC!

EDIT - 

I think this is the longest pre-order that I have done for a game. I wonder if they'll just create a new listing and cancel it. 

Preorderbedamned.png

Pre-order placed in 12/26/2018

Edited by OPTIMUS124

Eh, I am somewhat grateful for the new Bayo mode. My nephew is 8 going on 9, he already uses internet jargon like cringe to describe anything sexual and I have limited my own viewing and gaming habits as to not expose him to the wrong stuff too early. I know he will be busy playing Splatoon 3 around the release but he often will plant himself next to me and give commentary on what he is doing or try and have me watch. So this much like bloodless modes in certain games will help my conscious if he walks in while I am playing.

44 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Oh yeah, that Resident Evil Netflix show focused on Wesker’s kids is now out.

Seems great.

Brought to you buy the same person who wrote "You'll never know true power until you've tasted the testicles of a man who has wronged you".

.......I fucking can't.  Just remembering this scene makes me break out in laughter!

October is kinda stacked 

* Overwatch 2 - 10/4/22

* Nier Automata (Switch Port) - 10/6/22

* Marvel’s Midnight Suns - 10/7/22

* No Man’s Sky (Switch Port) - 10/7/22

* Mario + Rabbids: Spark of Hope - 10/20/22

* Gotham Knights - 10/24/22

* Persona 5 Royal (PS5/Xbone/Switch) - 10/21/22

* Star Ocean: The Divine Force - 10/27/22

* CoD: MW2 - 10/27/22

* Bayonetta 3 - 10/28/22

So it seems reactions to Netflix Resident Evil ranges from “Worse than Cowboy Bebop” to “Good but barely shares anything with Resident Evil”. Saw one guy said it was good and then hours later, he replied to himself to say that shit sucks.

I’m not even bothering with it. The clip Sonic posted with that girl dancing made me roll my eyes so hard, I was afraid they would get stuck  like that.

4 hours ago, VirginDefiler said:

what is the best movie/tv show adaptation of a video game?

double dragon? sf the movie? mortal kombat?

I'd have to say the OG Mortal Kombat.

Uncharted was also surprisingly good and a lot better than I expected it to be, however it is hard to call it an "adaptation" because it didn't really follow the games as far as the story goes.

Best show or movie based on a game---Castlevania is easily the champ at the moment, imo.  Specifically, the major fight scenes were incredible....my favorite in the series so far was Carmila vs. Isaac.  I've gone back just to watch that particular fight over and over several times...everything about it is perfection.

ohooooo you know the new Resident Evil will be an easy goldmine for certain youtubers out there to milk dry... and oh yes, I am looking forward to it.  I also look forward to how silly some will sound trying to defend it (specifically this being yet another dose of race-swapping characters 1 way [but only that 1 way] being totally fine and acceptable by one side of the ideological aisle; the next big one of note will be the Disney version of Jean Grey, you can count on it.  *sidenote---it's a perfect "crime" basically, because you know the redheaded actors in the tv/movie industry will be afraid to speak out against it forever since they'd just get called "racist"...even if it means that going along with it means they have zero hopes of ever getting a role in anything beyond random tv commercials, where it's still ok for redheads to exist. There's only ever 1 or 2 *tokens* allowed to be famous.  Currently Jessica Chastain is the main one.) ....basically this is all win-win for me.  I'm fully enjoying this ridiculous clown-show that modern entertainment has become.

Edited by MillionX
6 hours ago, VirginDefiler said:

what is the best movie/tv show adaptation of a video game?

double dragon? sf the movie? mortal kombat?

Best Adaptation is either MK1 and Castlevania.  I don't think anything that I've watched so far has come close to to correctly translating what the game is, transferring it to the screen and making it good.

If we're just talking good in general then I'd also throw the SF2 animated movie, both Sonic movies, and also throw what I've watched of Uncharted (still haven't watched the end yet but I'll be able to fix that once it's out on Netflix). 

I know I watched the latest Tomb Raider movie that was close to the reboot's story but I can't even remember much about that movie.  RE1 was decent.  I wish the Mk reboot was better but its just decent, and the problems I have with the movie are glaring enough that I can't ignore it over what I enjoyed from it.

Edit:  And for some reason Advent Children Complete slipped my mind.  Doesn't really count as an adaptation but I'm in the camp that really enjoyed that movie.

Edited by Sonichuman
32 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

My hot take is that Advent Children Complete is better then most are willing to give it credit for. 

To also bring up both ACC and the Sonic movies in a subject, I've seen a few people try to say that actual VGM doesn't work for VG movies in defense of the Sonic movies barely using any of the music from the games and I gotta say that ACC is the poster child for why anyone who say that would be wrong.    Nobody is saying to do a 1 to 1 if it doesn't work, just do what ACC did and adapt and change the music if necessary to make it fit what's happening on screen.

7 minutes ago, VirginDefiler said:

what about the silent hill movie tho. howd everyone forget that movie

I liked the first Silent Hill movie. I'm not deep into that games lore so maybe somethings were off. The biggest thing I remember in that movie was Sean Bean's character. Sean Bean was in a Silent Hill movie and he didn't die 😱 We were all watching it waiting him to bite the dust and he never did. One of the biggest WTF moments in a movie ever.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

I’d say OG MK movie is the best adaptation as it fundamentally shaped so many of the characters, their personalities, their goals, their relationships, etc.

In a lot of the ways it really is the true foundation MK was built on. No other video game adaptation has done what the MK movie did for its source material.

Edited by iStu X

Ohhh I forgot about Arcane.  That was absolute PERFECTION right there... I'm not a fan of that game though.  I wish they'd sell it on 4k disc but I know there's no chance of that happening (since all the companies would rather push streaming subscriptions forever)

Edited by MillionX

NPD for June 2022

Highlights:  Overwatch has returned to the top 20 mostly due to Overwatch 2 beta marketing, FF7R charts once again purely due to the 25th anniversary marketing...it cracked top 10, Rise is charting again because of Sunbreak,  Demon Slayer charts again due to it's release on Switch and not only did it chart on the overall list but it managed to crack top 10 on Switch's chart which is a feat in and of itself and last but not least...Elden Ring is continuing to take over the charts.  Elden Ring is the best selling game of the month and of the 2022 YTD.  It ranks among the top 10 best selling premium games in the U.S Market all-time.

Hardware:  Switch is top in unit sales for the month and PS5 took 2nd for unit sales.   Switch is still the highest selling console YTD while PS5 (despite getting tossed by Xbox Series a few times this year) remains highest for the year in dollar sales for both the month and YTD.

Top 20: Elden Ring, Lego Star Wars: TSS  (Still going strong), Mario Strikers: Battle League (nice), MLB The Show 22, Overwatch (this game was 57 last month), MK8D, Nintendo Switch Sports, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, FF7R (This was 159 last month), Minecraft, CoD: Vanguard, F1  22, MH Rise (30 last month), Demon Slayer: KnY (56 last month), Smash Ult, Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes, Sonic Origins, Pokemon Legends: Arceus, The Quarry (oh you charted?), Miles Morales

New category  Top 20 YTD 2022 Dollar Sales: Elden Ring, Lego Star Wars:TSS, Pokemon Legends: Arceus, Horizon II: FW, MLB The show 22,  CoD: Vanguard, Gran Turismo 7, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, MK8D, Dat Madden 22, Nintendo Switch Sports, Minecraft, FIFA 22, Miles Morales, MH: Rise, ACNH, Smash Ult, Mario Party Superstars, CoD Blops CW, Dying Light 2

Rolling 12 Months: Elden Ring, CoD: Vanguard, Dat Madden 22, Pokemon BD/SP, Lego Star Wars:TSS, Battlefield 2042, FIFA 22, Far Cry 6, Pokemon Legends Arceus, Horizon II:FW

Top 10 Nintendo:  Mario Strikers: Battle League, MK8D, Nintendo Switch Sports, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, Smash Ult, Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes, Pokemon Legends Arceus, Lego Star Wars:TSS, ACNH, Demon Slayer: KnY

Top 10 Playstation: Elden Ring, MLB The Show 22,  Lego Star Wars: TSS, Miles Morales, Horizon II FW, The Quarry, Overwatch, Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart, CoD: Vanguard, Gran Turismo 7  (interesting that FF7R charts again but doesn't crack top 10 on Playstation's list...must be mostly PC sales)

Top 10 Xbox: Elden Ring, Lego Star Wars:TSS, Overwatch, F1  22, CoD Vanguard, Far Cry 6, CoD Blops CW, CoD MW 2019, CoD Blops III, Forza Horizon 5.