Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

10 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

@RSG3 how the fuck do I git gud?  Crucible Knight keeps pushing my shit in.

You stop fighting him and come back later. 

I'm dead serious, that Crucible Knight is seriously over tuned for where he is, Margit and Godrick are both easier then he is. Just come back later when you're buffer. 

Otherwise I would need to see your build to give real advice because I dunno what your skills are. 

You on Playstation? We should team up. 

11 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

You stop fighting him and come back later. 

I'm dead serious, that Crucible Knight is seriously over tuned for where he is, Margit and Godrick are both easier then he is. Just come back later when you're buffer. 

Otherwise I would need to see your build to give real advice because I dunno what your skills are. 

You on Playstation? We should team up. 

Right on, I'll leave him alone for a bit. My build is dex/strength using the uchigatana leveled up with the iron shield that blocks 100 percent damage. I haven't even started messing with magic yet.

And yeah, I'm on PlayStation. But I've never played co-op in a souls game yet.

23 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

My build is dex/strength using the uchigatana leveled up with the iron shield that blocks 100 percent damage. I haven't even started messing with magic yet.

Ah then yea it's a matter of learning the moveset and when to block, dodge and attack. 

23 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

I've never played co-op in a souls game yet.

You wanna?

Edit:So when Atlus remade the Persona 2 Duology for PSP they only released the first part in the west. A fan translation of Part 2 just released today for anyone interested. 

Edited by RSG3

haha, nah David wouldn't have a chance in this era of progressive casting choices... we'd obviously have to go with Bill Duke to be Barry Burton....then Oprah Winfrey as Ada Wong, then Keenan Ivory Wayans as Leon Kennedy.  

Next up we have to get Billy Porter to play the role of Samus as well, along with Loretta Devine as Bayonetta, and Alfre Woodard as Jeanne.  Later, Jaleel White will play Bruce Lee in a biopic about him, because that obviously makes sense too.  It's fun playing "Modern-Day Casting Director"....maybe they should make a video game based on that, actually....guest-starring Charles S. Dutton as Shigeru Miyamoto!

10 hours ago, MillionX said:

haha, nah David wouldn't have a chance in this era of progressive casting choices... we'd obviously have to go with Bill Duke to be Barry Burton....then Oprah Winfrey as Ada Wong, then Keenan Ivory Wayans as Leon Kennedy.  

Next up we have to get Billy Porter to play the role of Samus as well, along with Loretta Devine as Bayonetta, and Alfre Woodard as Jeanne.  Later, Jaleel White will play Bruce Lee in a biopic about him, because that obviously makes sense too.  It's fun playing "Modern-Day Casting Director"....maybe they should make a video game based on that, actually....guest-starring Charles S. Dutton as Shigeru Miyamoto!

I mean you joke but if you can get Bill Duke in his prime, why on Earth would you say no? My man did so much damn work in the original Predator and a number of supporting roles I would have him save the fact he is almost 80 now.

I do agree Charles S. Dutton aka Roc would be a poor choice for Miyamoto. My dude probably wouldn't be able to lose the weight to fit in those t shirts he used to wear. But if we pulling old dudes from the past who is to say Taimak couldn't have pulled off that role.

14 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Would have gotten a series x earlier this year or late last year but I couldn't find one. Used the money on a new Windows laptop so MS still sort of wins.

I can't help but wonder... if they designed the Eli character to look like such a dork because they were scared that the alternative choice of designing him to look like a typical gangster would be seen as "problematic".  Heh, this new thing being passed off as "Saint's Row" is going to definitely be the gift that keeps on giving.  I'm sure many youtubers are thrilled about the easy clicks/views that are on the way as a result.

...really though... this dude looks like they took a lot of inspiration from characters like Steve Urkel and the guys from Revenge of the Nerds.

...and now I'm wondering if it's even possible to change the clothing options for your crew... probably not; I don't think that was an option in the older games either...haha imagine that dude in real life---every day at school would've been a non-stop ROAST session for him looking like that.

Edited by MillionX

I saw this the other day while browsing the Steam sales again--- This *seems* like such a cool concept for a game... 

.....but I'm concerned about how the controls actually work, since apparently you use the arrow keys to move, and of course it's a balance of moving around and finding time to type things.  I may still get this if it's still on sale for cheap....  my typing speed and accuracy happens to be pretty good (I'm in the 75 - 80 wpm range) so I'd probably do well in games that involve that.

3 hours ago, MillionX said:

I saw this the other day while browsing the Steam sales again--- This *seems* like such a cool concept for a game... 

.....but I'm concerned about how the controls actually work, since apparently you use the arrow keys to move, and of course it's a balance of moving around and finding time to type things.  I may still get this if it's still on sale for cheap....  my typing speed and accuracy happens to be pretty good (I'm in the 75 - 80 wpm range) so I'd probably do well in games that involve that.

I played a bit of it today.  Its cool but its pretty tough.  Not use to using the keyboard in such a way.  You type like normal and you move either using the arrow keys or shift+wasd.  Neither is very comfortable as it puts my fingers in a weird way.  Just take some gettin' use to I suppose.  Its fun.

3 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

You had me in the first half, not gonna lie. 

I’d love to see other fighting game franchises in KOF.

I want Team Iron First or Team Soul or Team Gear.  Not team re-skin or team nostalgia. 

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, Lantis said:

It is pretty weird since SNK characters have been popping up everywhere (Tekken 7, Fighting Layer EX, DOA, Smash)  yet they can't return them the favor?

Female Skullomania was revealed for SNK Heroines at around the same time Terry was revealed for Fighting EX Layer so that was probably part of that deal. Both Tekken 7 and Dead or Alive appear in that mobile game with several of their characters.

Not the most exciting of crossovers, but they have been happening.

I finished the Present Day chapter of LIVE A LIVE and then decided I would play a bit of the Distant Future chapter. And by "a bit" I finished it within a few hours. Thus far, Distant Future is my fav chapter. It staring an adorable robot and being sci-fi probably helps. It had me shook too.

Oh My God Reaction GIF

Spoiler

This chapter is straight up some Alien and Space Oddyssey 2001. The crew has serious issues and the advanced AI that runs the whole ship decides that humans suck (which isn't entirely untrue)  so it sets free the smuggled Behemoth to kill them all. You end up having to run for your adorable, robotic life from this huge monster. When all is said and done, only 3 crew members, survive: you, Cube, the cute little robot, the creator of Cube., Kato and the robot hating military man that warms up to Cube. Hard as balls military man also takes out the Behemoth and goes on to make medical robots.

Seriously, the theming in LIVE A LIVE. Like...

Season 5 Wow GIF by The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Edited by RegH81