Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

So with Bayonetta 3 finally releasing I'm gonna start crossing my fingers that they start working on an Astral Chain 2. Game deserves a sequel. 

Edit: Hey just saw in the Switch Store that Koumajou Remillia Scsrlet Symphony (Touhouvania 1 for short) has finally dropped for Switch. It's 30 bucks for anyone looking for a spin on the Castlevania formula. I like this game myself it's really fun while still being challenging. 

Edited by RSG3

I checked out the PC port of Jak and Daxter.  Game looks good and runs great.  I never played a Jak and Daxter game.  I always thought the rodent thing was just a rodent thing. 

I uploaded some gameplay from that shit but for some reason the recording changed up the color in the game.  Its all fucked up...like everything is blue or tinted blue sorta.  I dunno.  It dont look bad but it dont look good.  You can still see that the game runs just fine and (colors aside) it looks fine.

Edit - Anyone play this - ZLwORPE.png

Edited by Faltimar the Dark

Wolcen news

This game gets quite a bit of hate for some odd reason; it still looks awesome to me, and controller support apparently coming makes it even more enticing... also, it can be played offline, UNLIKE shitty-ass PC-versions of all Diablo games from part 3 going forward, btw.

edit---and yeah, I do find some sick amusement in the fact that most of the Diablo fanbase have convinced themselves that the online-only thing is actually a good thing.

Edited by MillionX

@DarkSakuland anyone else who might know. I recently bought a cheap tower PC, it has an i5 in it. While digging through my garage I stumbled in this is my mother had bought but never got around to using and pawned off on me. Would I be able to install it in the tower I bought do you think? I really don't know much about computer parts anymore.

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

@DarkSakuland anyone else who might know. I recently bought a cheap tower PC, it has an i5 in it. While digging through my garage I stumbled in this is my mother had bought but never got around to using and pawned off on me. Would I be able to install it in the tower I bought do you think? I really don't know much about computer parts anymore.

Was this post supposed to have an image? Don't know what it is you found.

2 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

I haven’t watched the video but judging by how most people in the gaming-sphere whether casual or “professional” I don’t think anyone but China and Korea have ever really taken eSports “seriously”.  The companies that really push “eSports titles”  like Overwatch, Hearthstone, LoL, etc know they have a much bigger crowd in those countries than anywhere in the west. 

Most sponsored players in the west don’t even seem to get paid by their sponsors. Ther sponsors just cover their transport, lodging and if PC what equipment they need. 

Edited by iStu X
11 hours ago, RSG3 said:

I don't see why not

You will need to see if the Motherboard has the same socket type your i7 goes into.

Edited by DarkSakul
7 hours ago, RSG3 said:

It's supposed to say I stumbled on an i7. I dunno why it's missing. Thanks. 

Look at the model numbers on both CPUs and we can tell you if the motherboard is compatible. You don't need to remove the i5 to check, go to system > about in windows and it will tell you the CPU model. Just saying "i5" is like saying "Honda Civic"- there are different grades and model years.

2 hours ago, Camacho said:

Look at the model numbers on both CPUs and we can tell you if the motherboard is compatible. You don't need to remove the i5 to check, go to system > about in windows and it will tell you the CPU model. Just saying "i5" is like saying "Honda Civic"- there are different grades and model years.

That makes sense, I'll find that out today when I have a minute to jump on the Tower. 

It frustrates me not having much time for gaming in a typical week... even though it's not like I have a lot of "real life" stuff going on, aside from work and then gym on the weekends... it's just so much other entertainment out there; mainly youtube and shows/podcasts in the way, on top of the work schedule of course.  I was trying to play some Diablo since Friday but stuff just keeps popping up to steal my attention.  It's almost the end of this season and my Necro isn't even level 70...that's pitiful.

Azure Striker Gunvolt 3 should be out now so that's my next thing, most likely....would be preferable if I could get a physical version, of course.

Random Gears talk....sadly no official new game or anything for a long time, it seems... I'm eager to see what happens story-wise in part 6... there's a certain major choice they leave up to the player; it will be interesting to see if they write it so that only 1 of those scenarios is the definitive thing that happened, or if they do a thing where it reads your old save info and it goes with whatever you chose to do.

**vague spoiler**... this  may slightly hint at what kind of choice that is but it was also interesting to see people's reactions to it because yeah...it's a rough one, in terms of the emotions there.

edit---ohhh and I just remembered another major thing... it was frustrating I couldn't bring it up with a friend since that dude took forever and STILL hasn't caught up with the story all these years later....but man, Kait has had such an interesting character journey with a lot of powerful stuff going on....and that's just from what goes on in 4 and 5.  Ha, then I just remembered another thing she went through... 

and of course I never get tired of hearing Kait's theme....

My favorite Gears music though is the legendary Return of the Omen.  No other shooter was giving us this kind of musical excellence.

Edited by MillionX