Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

Nintendo posted up their financials

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/hard_soft/index.html

https://www.ign.com/articles/nintendo-switch-shortages-hurt-sales-recover-holidays

111.08 mill Switches sold thus far.  They missed their projected amount and blamed it on chip shortages but said this should be rectified by the holidays.  MK8D is now 46.82 mill, AC NH is 39.38 mill, Smash Ult is now 28.82 mill, LoZ BotW is now 27.14 mill, Pokemon Sw/Sh is now 24.50, SMO is now 23.93 mill, Super Mario Party is now 18.06 mill, Pokemon BD/SP is now 14.79 mill, Pokemon Let's Go P/E is now 14.66 mill and Ring Fit Adventure is sitting at 14.54 mill.

Other numbers of note,   Kirby and the Forgotten Land is sitting at 4.53 mill, Switch Sports is sitting at 4.84 mill, Mario Strikers is sitting at 1.91 Mill.  MK8 Deluxe managed to add 1.18 mill in sales to that total above for this quarter.  No numbers posted for Fire Emblem 3 Hopes.  Also Kirby and the Forgotten Land is now the fast selling kirby game so far.

1 hour ago, MillionX said:

haha, so now YongYea made a video about that guy who spent 100k and now cannot match with other players...

really...imagine spending all that on one game. 😆  ....and then it just ends up with negative results!  This is bizarre and stupid for so many reasons.

100k you can get a fully loaded Hellcat with a custom performance package.  JUST SAYING.

...and another thing... that's 100k on what I assume is an online-only game, btw.... so of course he paid all that money and owns nothing.  If Blizzard and/or their servers shut down tomorrow, next week, next month, etc (or if they purposely took it down for some reason)... that game and all "your" characters that costed hundreds of thousands of dollars... all of it disappears.  Imagine spending all that money on such a gimped experience....and to make matter worse... you don't even *really* have the damn game.....like any other online-only bullshit, it's effectively a rental that can be taken away at any time for any reason.

That shit is just ridiculous to me... and insane that people are ok with it.  Imagine it with anything else... like if you bought a BMW car....but next week, that company goes belly-up or something else bad happens and they cease to exist as a company....and because of that, "your" BMW that you don't really own suddenly disappears right out of your driveway....just magically fades away like Thanos snapped that shit.  There are people out there that are such saps they are ok with that concept; they think that's fine. 😆

Edited by MillionX
13 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Lmao my fucki g laptop out of no where is just like "Yea I don't wanna see your network anymore. I'll see everyone else's in the neighborhood, but I won't see yours. Yea I've seen and been connected to it all day but the last 10 minutes? I'm done. 

This is so fucking random. Every device in the house can see the router but my Laptop can't. Can see every other router in the area but can't see my own. What the random as fuck fuck?

RSG3's Laptop = Cipher

RSG3's Network = Hecatom's Sales Data 

👀

Seeing how Kotaku purposefully drew away their target market this is not a surprise in the slightest.

Apparently they are laying off a lot of their staff on those upcoming days.

Just a reminder of the clownery of this fool

https://kotaku.com/playstation-5-the-kotaku-review-1845588904

But does it really matter?

This review has spent 3,000 words talking about the PlayStation 5, which is the most I’ve written about anything. It’s as good a video game console as there has ever been. The combination of ultra high-definition video, increased framerates, high-end graphics techniques like ray tracing, and the lightning-fast SSD make it feel like a real-deal, next-gen successor to the PlayStation 4. And if you’re not ready to give up on the previous console, the PlayStation 5 reliably runs a vast majority of the PlayStation 4 library, with many of those games receiving upgrades to fidelity, framerate, and loading times.

But I’d be remiss to ignore all the reasons not to be excited for the PlayStation 5.

The world is still reeling under the weight of the covid-19 pandemic. There are more Americans out of work right now than at any point in the country’s history, with no relief in sight. Our health care system is an inherently evil institution that forces people to ration life-saving medications like insulin and choose suicide over suffering with untreated mental illness.

As I’m writing this, it looks very likely that Joe Biden will be our next president. But it’s clear that the worst people aren’t going away just because a new old white man is sitting behind the Resolute desk—well, at least not this old white man. Our government is fundamentally broken in a way that necessitates radical change rather than incremental electorialism.

The harsh truth is that, for the reasons listed above and more, a lot of people simply won’t be able to buy a PlayStation 5, regardless of supply. Or if they can, concerns over increasing austerity in the United States and the growing threat of widespread political violence supersede any enthusiasm about the console’s SSD or how ray tracing makes reflections more realistic. That’s not to say you can’t be excited for those things—I certainly am, on some level—but there’s an irrefutable level of privilege attached to the ability to simply tune out the world as it burns around you.

I won’t deny that video games can be an escape. It feels great to lose yourself in a fictional world where you can fix everything. Some of us see a strength or personality trait in video game characters what we wish we saw in ourselves. As much as it sucks for real-world problems to intrude on that space, I’ve found it increasingly difficult to focus on video games amid our current situation. Many nights, it’s all I can do to play a couple runs of Spelunky before collapsing into bed for a few hours of doomscrolling and restless sleep. And I know I’m not alone in that feeling. We are collectively tired, and for good reason.

Sony and Microsoft chose a hell of a time to release their next-generation video game consoles. I think the PlayStation 5 is a great machine, but it’s tough to recommend when folks are literally fighting for their lives while residing in the richest country in the world. I was very lucky to receive a PlayStation 5 for the purposes of this review despite the fact that I am comfortable enough to have bought one on my own.

If you’re in the same boat, I encourage you to grab the console and see what it’s all about for yourself. If you aren’t, don’t feel like the PlayStation 5 would change your life. It’s a video game system, and it’s not going anywhere. I’m looking forward to a time when we can all chat about next-generation gaming on equal footing, without a dozen daily crises looming over our heads. Until then, let’s focus on what’s truly important, even if that means dipping out of the next-gen hype machine for a bit.

This fool decided to inject all of that at the end of the article.

Or all the dumb shit that he continually posted on SRK and in the front page.

Even creating the Ash Crimson alt account to post his more outlandish idiocy because he didn't have the testicular fortitude to post it on his main account, lol.

One of the most annoying things about reading pretty much anything entertainment today is the people who insist on making every fucking discussion  about unrelated things into a political talk. I just read a Mike Judge interview where the interviewer was tasked with asking him about the B&B revival, and of course the interviewer had to do his goddamndest to keep trying to steer it that way. 

46 minutes ago, Camacho said:

One of the most annoying things about reading pretty much anything entertainment today is the people who insist on making every fucking discussion  about unrelated things into a political talk. I just read a Mike Judge interview where the interviewer was tasked with asking him about the B&B revival, and of course the interviewer had to do his goddamndest to keep trying to steer it that way. 

B&B is Beavis and Butthead right? I feel like I'm missing context here, why wouldn't you ask the creator of Beavis and Butthead about their revival? What's political about that? 

Edited by RSG3
1 minute ago, RSG3 said:

B&B is Beavis and Butthead right? I feel like I'm missing context here, why wouldn't you ask the creator of Beavis and Butthead about their revival? What's political about that? 

The new movie is about B&B being teleported to modern society. The movie is low key a social commentary using 90s kids as it's vehicle.

4 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

The new movie is about B&B being teleported to modern society. The movie is low key a social commentary using 90s kids as it's vehicle.

Which is enherently a political conversation so I'm still not seeing the problem asking a political commentary creator about the political commentary he creates. 

I'm confused about how that's an issue. It would be like saying asking Kojima questions about military politics is out of line even tho basically all his projects comment on military politics. 

Not saying Comacho is wrong or off base just that I feel like I'm missing some kind of greater context here. 

Edited by RSG3
19 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Which is enherently a political conversation so I'm still not seeing the problem asking a political commentary creator about the political commentary he creates. 

I'm confused about how that's an issue. It would be like saying asking Kojima questions about military politics is out of line even tho basically all his projects comment on military politics. 

Not saying Comacho is wrong or off base just that I feel like I'm missing some kind of greater context here. 

He (the interviewer) wasn't asking about political commentary Judge made in the new B&B so much as he was using the interview as his own soapbox to posture on. Kind of like when I read something about the next Alien project (which now seems to be in limbo) and the dick-cheese writer had to insert his little bit about how people not wanting to wear masks for COVID were idiots who were going to kill us all... Completely irrelevant and unnecessary, like choad Hecatom quoted. 

6 minutes ago, Camacho said:

He (the interviewer) wasn't asking about political commentary Judge made in the new B&B so much as he was using the interview as his own soapbox to posture on. Kind of like when I read something about the next Alien project (which now seems to be in limbo) and the dick-cheese writer had to insert his little bit about how people not wanting to wear masks for COVID were idiots who were going to kill us all... Completely irrelevant and unnecessary, like choad Hecatom quoted. 

So...he talked about the movie he made?...and was promoting?......All his projects are heavily political commentary and your upset he talked about his project that is and always was political commentary? 

Frankly I'm even more confused now lol. The entire point of those celebrity interviews is to talk about the project. It's promotion for the project. Why wouldn't he talk about the project?

Edited by RSG3
3 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

So...he talked about the movie he made?...and was promoting?......All his projects are heavily political commentary and your upset he talked about his project that is and always was political commentary? 

Frankly I'm even more confused now lol. The entire point of those celebrity interviews is to talk about the project. It's promotion for the project. Why wouldn't he talk about the project?

I think you're missing what I'm saying. The interviewer, not Judge, was the one who was insistent on using the interview to stand on a soapbox. 

vids

Spoiler

I miss Wesker...and I think the main reason why that's the case is there still don't have a character to fill the void he left and stick around for a few games.  Lady D probably could have been that but I think she left too quickly.

This is still crazy to me that someone pitched this game at in the office and the big wigs went  YUP...HAVE AT IT!

40 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

First stepping foot into Liurnia of the Lakes and seeing the great castle towering in the distance is one hell of memorable moment in my time playing videogames. God damn, please tell me you can visit that place?

You can visit that place my dude. Liurnia is my favorite Zone in the game, almost everywhere is a fuckin Banger view. It's awesome 

You playing now?

Edited by RSG3

I'm fucking jealous of @Chadoukenexperiencing Elden Ring for the first time right now.

I wish I could go back and experience it again for the first time.  Just so many god damn memorable moments in the game, a lot of it just being the scale/scope of the world and thinking that I knew how big everything was, and then the game is like "hold my beer you bitch"...

Edited by purbeast
2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

So what are the updates? I looks like the PSP game....

It is. It's Tactics Ogre. I am disappoint. 

They've changed mechanics again like they did in the PSP remake. For example the PSP version added an ability bar for skills. They've removed it, it's gone now. Your classes leveled as a class and not as an individual unit. It's unit based now, not class wide. The PSP added a chapter select/Time travel element called The World. That's probably still there. 

So it's Tactics Ogre but They've fucked with it...again. 

Oh and this has Voice Acting. It's the first version to have that. 

I'm gonna buy it cuz I love TO but......I want a new one. I've beat TO like 6 times now and TO is fuckin long. 

I have to ask WTF is Square Enix thinking though?

They have too many games they are dropping this fall? Diofield (SRPG), Valkyrie Elysium (ARPG), Harvestella (Farming RPG), Dragon Quest Treasures (Monster raising I think RPG) along with a Switch version of Nier Automata and now Tactics Ogre remaster. Even with minimal sales expected from the remasters and ports, this feels like a bit much. Also I feel bad for Diofield cause with the original Tactics Ogre being released a few weeks later that seems a bad spot to release in. 

1 hour ago, Wellman said:

I have to ask WTF is Square Enix thinking though?

They have too many games they are dropping this fall? Diofield (SRPG), Valkyrie Elysium (ARPG), Harvestella (Farming RPG), Dragon Quest Treasures (Monster raising I think RPG) along with a Switch version of Nier Automata and now Tactics Ogre remaster. Even with minimal sales expected from the remasters and ports, this feels like a bit much. Also I feel bad for Diofield cause with the original Tactics Ogre being released a few weeks later that seems a bad spot to release in. 

Honestly, if I have to choose between Tactics Ogre and Diofield, I'm picking Diofield. To say I was disappointed with the Tactic Ogre reveal is an understatement. I still plan on snagging it for Switch but damn modders could have done better. No hyperbole.

Nintendo once again shoots the Switch Pro rumor in the knee caps.

Granted they didn't help matters when they said "no comment" las time when asked about it...also the specific wording is "No new Switch this year"

Koch Media is now rebranding itself as Plaion...

https://www.ign.com/articles/publisher-koch-media-changes-name-plaion

One of the reasons is because Koch is hard to pronounce.  Ok...

If you want to take a quick look at the top 28 highest selling consoles of all time, IGN has an article up

https://www.ign.com/articles/best-selling-video-game-consoles-nintendo-playstation-ps5-xbox

3 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

One of the reasons is because Koch is hard to pronounce.  Ok

It's only pronounced the same way as the most popular soft drink in the world lmao. 

Is Koch Media part of the Koch Empire? If so thats what it's really about.