Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

12 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I haven't had a chance to listen to the new music and arrangements by the MK8 band yet,  dat Sydney Sprint track is fire!

Keep forgetting that "With Me"'s guitar work was done by Marty Friedman.  Never listened to Megadeth but his playing in this is amazing!

Marty's style is very unique, nobody sounds like him. Rust in Peace is the album to listen to if you want to hear more. His solos are the ones that sound really eastern and warped. 

https://youtu.be/Ctic1jq__u8

Space is a real issue for most people tho. I get what you're  saying and you're not wrong just space is definitely a premium. 

I've personally just been waiting to find one of those above used for like 150-200, they'll fall to that eventually. Just needs to be one of the 6 button ones. 

I'd really like a bartop upright personally if I'm completely honest. Emulates that arcade experience without being a massive space hog. 

Edited by RSG3
42 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Space is a real issue for most people tho. I get what you're  saying and you're not wrong just space is definitely a premium. 

I've personally just been waiting to find one of those above used for like 150-200, they'll fall to that eventually. Just needs to be one of the 6 button ones. 

I'd really like a bartop upright personally if I'm completely honest. Emulates that arcade experience without being a massive space hog. 

Might as well just play on fightcade right now though.

Those arcade 1ups do not feel anything like a "real" arcade machine.  Playing with a TE feels a lot more like a "real" arcade than those things do.

haha I figured someone already posted it... but yeah man holy SHIT

This epic cabinet features 8 classic titles including Marvel vs Capcom 2™, Marvel vs Capcom™, Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter™, X-Men vs Street Fighter™, Marvel Super Heroes™, X-Men: Children of the ATOM™, X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse™ and Marvel Super Heroes in War of the Gems™ and more!

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

Edited by MillionX
17 minutes ago, Lantis said:

Shieeeeet Capcom should stop fucking around and release that compilation on consoles. No one wants to pay for that 1Up BS

Yet that pre-order will sell out in 15 minutes 🤣

It was mentioned earlier about space being the largest barrier and I would absolutely agree. 

While this is awesome, it's not something that I'd have the interest for. With the tools in the house, I'd honestly just make one. Besides, the YT channel "I Like to Make Stuff" did the hard part for you already.

EDIT - Forgot to add that there was a tabletop one done. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124

sheeeitttt, if I see that MvC2(+other stuff) machine out in the wild at a random Walmart or Target, oh yeah I'm getting it.  It's been so many  years since I played MvC2 though...last time was when it hit the 360 Live Arcade...heh, that was back when they were still using "points" on the store, and it was like 1200 points, I think.  My Dreamcast probably still works so I still have it that way too.

it brings back so many memories just seeing it... there were 2 old high school friends I played the game with regularly....and a 3rd guy but he was completely terrible in the game though.....back then he was one of those gamers that didn't seem to believe that some characters are generally better picks than others....he still would've lost even if he did pick the top ranks though so it didn't matter much.

Edited by MillionX

hmm... yeah I wonder if the characters are automatically unlocked in the arcade1up MvC2.... eh, I wouldn't mind if they aren't.  

Man... MvC2 + those other games too... this is one of the arcade1ups I've dreamed of, tbh.  Now if only another miracle could happen and we get one that has Aliens vs. Predator and Dungeons & Dragons.... yeah I realize there's no chance, especially in the case of AvP 😞 

17 hours ago, MillionX said:

haha I figured someone already posted it... but yeah man holy SHIT

This epic cabinet features 8 classic titles including Marvel vs Capcom 2™, Marvel vs Capcom™, Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter™, X-Men vs Street Fighter™, Marvel Super Heroes™, X-Men: Children of the ATOM™, X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse™ and Marvel Super Heroes in War of the Gems™ and more!

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

I'd gladly pay $60 for all these games in a compilation on a console with rollback. You know what you need to do Capcom..... 

Yeah, Lost Planet 3 was looking bad just from the previews.  The main character looked goofy with a geriatric slow jogging style for movement, and the pace of the action was noticeably slower than the previous games...and you could not use the grappling hook whenever you wanted.  Part 2 was awesome...then along comes LP3...they murdered the franchise with that foolishness.

More footage--- So it looks like all the characters are unlocked already

I'm thinking Walmart gave up on this product though... it's been a long time since I've seen any arcade1up machines in there.  I still see them in a certain Target and Best Buy here though....just the other day I saw the TMNT one and a Ridge Racer at Best Buy.

Edited by MillionX
Just now, RSG3 said:

Yea I remember their concept art for the pitch. Looked really good. 

I hope this is true. 

https://wccftech.com/deus-ex-may-return-embracer-outdo-cyberpunk-rumor/amp/

Embracer seems committed to put all the Ips at their disposal to work.

They even revived Blodd Rayne (wich I am glad because we have the wayforward game back because of it)

I just hope that before releasing a new LoK they do a remaster of the old games since it would be a good way to re introduce the characters and the world.

I know it sounds weird to ask for a remaster instead of a new game, but imo it would be more beneficial in the long run.

1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

They even revived Blodd Rayne (wich I am glad because we have the wayforward game back because of it)

Our very own @Gasarockydid the translation work on Wayforwards Bloodrayne re-release. 

Yes Embracer seems to be fully invested in the IPs they purchased, which has me super hopeful as a Deus Ex fan, Square did not appreciate what they had.... at all. 

Edited by RSG3