Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

54 minutes ago, -PVL93- said:

how the fuck does TGA have 30 categories yet they keep omitting certain games from categories you'd think they should be a lock-in for

the size inconsistency is also baffling, like some can have up to 7 games while others barely get 3-4

How long has this show been going and somehow still doesn't have a category for shooters? I don't understand how "games for impact" can exist but the most popular game genre in the west has no award of Its own. I tired of seeing CoD in the action category

56 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

How long has this show been going and somehow still doesn't have a category for shooters? I don't understand how "games for impact" can exist but the most popular game genre in the west has no award of Its own. I tired of seeing CoD in the action category

I was thinking was there not enough shooters that released this year and I had to look up what got released this year and they absolutely should had enough for an FPS cat.  I mean CoD was more than likely going to win but they still could should have at least the games get some recognition.  I have no idea they don't have something for shooters and just stick CoD in action.

Edit: Going through my votes now and I really wish XBC3 will win for best music. 

Edited by Sonichuman
52 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

How long has this show been going and somehow still doesn't have a category for shooters?

I believe TGA in its current Oscars Lite form has existed for at least a decade? Pretty fucked up

also I'd rather they get rid of the esports shit and added categories like "best animation" or "best comeback story" (basically a game that released years ago but somehow saw a massive jump in playerbase, kinda like what happened with Among Us)

52 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I tired of seeing CoD in the action category

Wild they don't have separate first-person and third-person categories, at least not today (though I believe those did exist in the past). Like what are you gonna tell me there's not enough games IN ANY GIVEN YEAR to fill out a 1st Person title list with ~5-6 nominees?

Just in 2022 we had Modern Warfare 2, Dying Light 2, Neon White, Rainbow Six, Paradise Killer

There's your category right there! And I didn't even list every representative of the genre that came out this year, plus a couple of games that dropped in late November-early december last year and missed out on TGA 2021

And that's only ONE particular genre. Don't get me started on the rest of the selections

Dunno if is because I have been playing a lot of DMC5 and Bayo3, and played the og GOWS some months ago, but I have found myself pressing triangle mid combos to do a heavy attack a lot at times on GoW R.

I just started the game today, so I assume that It will go away the longer I play, but it is funny how there are some muscle memory/reflexes very ingrained after years of playing games in certain way, lol.

sheeeittt, the D3 adventures continue... so I took my hardcore character to Greater Rift 45 to finally try that as my 2nd "conquest"....I changed something about the build, added a bit more defense just in case and it worked perfectly.  I kept my distance which was to the advantage since I started using the "Zeis" legendary gem, which grants a significant damage bonus when you're hitting enemies from a distance.  It still seemed risky to go with the blood-magic version of the summoned Skeleton Mages but I picked that anyway...since those summons last a bit longer.  Now this character is paragon 158.  

I also noticed the new challenge rift was up so I jumped into that right away.... this rank is most likely because it's early but my time on it was rank #5(!) on the leaderboard... I'll be curious to see how far that drops as more people play it.

So... on ps5, I only have 2 challenges remaining and this season will be "completed".  I may go for the "Boss Mode" conquest (beat 16 bosses within 20 minutes of starting the game) since I have a Crusader as a 2nd season character at the moment, and their speed builds are some of the fastest in the game...it might be easy with that character.  I'm close to having it completed on the Switch version too. 

Edited by MillionX
12 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

quick glance through and most of the noms weren't bad...but there ALWAYS...has to be at least one nomination that is ??????  and that goes to Sifu in the fighting game category lol.

Yeah Sifu was VERY WTF. By their logic, the latest TMNT game should be in the running if that's the case,

Then again, we all know they will just play second fiddle to Multiversus which is most definitely gonna win because the IP game is too stronk LOL

5 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Dunno if is because I have been playing a lot of DMC5 and Bayo3, and played the og GOWS some months ago, but I have found myself pressing triangle mid combos to do a heavy attack a lot at times on GoW R.

I just started the game today, so I assume that It will go away the longer I play, but it is funny how there are some muscle memory/reflexes very ingrained after years of playing games in certain way, lol.

It will. 

Even the quickturn button change took only a few hours. 

GOWR is a wonderful time suck. I spend more time doing side quests than trying to get through the story. There does seem to be a fair bit of "you gotta get this new thing before trying to beat it". When that happens I play a story mission and then go back to running the side content.. 

51 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

It will. 

Even the quickturn button change took only a few hours. 

GOWR is a wonderful time suck. I spend more time doing side quests than trying to get through the story. There does seem to be a fair bit of "you gotta get this new thing before trying to beat it". When that happens I play a story mission and then go back to running the side content.. 

Sounds like you would really dig Elden Ring. It has 144 bosses and only 17 of them are Mandatory. 80% of the game is open to you before your first boss fight if you know what you are doing. 

Edited by RSG3
4 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Sounds like you would really dig Elden Ring. It has 144 bosses and only 17 of them are Mandatory. 80% of the game is open to you before your first boss fight if you know what you are doing. 

Tell Me More Jeff Goldblum GIF by National Geographic Channel

If it's on sale for Black Friday, I may grab it. There are so many games that I need to honestly finish that I've started and stopped because the new "thing" comes out and I just spend time playing those. 

4 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Elden Ring has 144 total boss fights. I'm not gonna lie and say every single one is unique, but yea, there's 144 boss fights in the game. 

Looks like they are gonna add 30 more in the DLC if the data mining is to be believed. 

Just so I'm reading this right 

For elden ring, the first souls game with a truly open world, Fromsoft went ham and gave player an opportunity to battle almost 150 bosses 

HOLY shit that sounds amazing 

1 hour ago, -PVL93- said:

Just so I'm reading this right 

For elden ring, the first souls game with a truly open world, Fromsoft went ham and gave player an opportunity to battle almost 150 bosses 

HOLY shit that sounds amazing 

Yea I laugh, loudly, right in the face of people who say Elden Ring lacks content. 

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

Sooo...apparently the Grammy's has a best soundtrack category for Games and other interactive media now....

Hide contents

image.png

Take wild guess what is on this grammy list.  There are 5 nominations.  If you can guess one of them before hitting the spoiler I'll be surprised lol.

The guy who composed Sonic R did Guardians? I did not expect that.

Still milling through side quests with GOWR and came across one of the Beserkers (Hvitserkr the Bold). Yeah, I was under-leveled to take him on (purple bar) . . . 

I think I heard every version of "Your death, it pleases me". 

Successfully whooped that ass though 🤣

I went on YT after the fact to see if I did something wrong in the fight as it's pretty straight forward. I felt good in knowing that the strategy was there. I just made small errors that took out HUGE chunks of the life bar. Within the first few links, the boss had a green health bar (meaning they are under your level). I felt a lot better 😂.

In terms of the main story, I'm only about 50% done. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124
2 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

GS Black Friday ad

Digimon Survive being sub-$20 in less than six months? Haha. Called that shit. Will definitely cop for that price. There was no way in hell I was paying $60 for a visual novel. 

Nothing else in the add really jumps out at me. Maybe the figures, selection depending. 

Edited by iStu X
2 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

It Begins Here We Go GIF by hero0fwar

Pretty funny the first paragraph says his account was one sided and unfair. I read Strattons post, it laid blame for the ENTIRE ost project at Micks feet. Everything was Micks fault and iD and Beth and Zeni where innocent victims in the whole situation.

The fact they lead with this when Strattons post was the exact same one sided affair but without any receipts makes me think they are full of shit. 

Basically

spacer.png

Edited by RSG3