Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

15 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Edit

Damn, Konami were always scumbags (not surprising tbh), the way they treated the original creator of Castlevania is quite sad, he ended quitting the industry back in the 90s after being demoted to work as a support programmer for the arcade division after CV2 and CV3 failing to sell as Konami wanted.

Edit

So, Iga is married to a woman who was a programmer on Rondo of Blood when he was working on Tikimeki Memorial, which is why he knew all the people who worked on it, including the producer/director, and why he became very interested to work on the series.

He was originally the scenario writer and something like a co director, but was fully promoted to the director seat when the og director of Rondo of Blood was promoted to a level of chairman on the board which removed him from the game.

Man, being a big CV fan, I clicked on that and saw just how goddamn long it is. Would have to do that in small chunks.

2 hours ago, Camacho said:

Man, being a big CV fan, I clicked on that and saw just how goddamn long it is. Would have to do that in small chunks.

The video was well put, and surprisingly, found myself agreeing in a lot of things with him regarding the games.

Like the absurd sudden positive light that CV64 has gotten while leaving the actual good 64 game on the forgotten side (CV Legacy of Darkness)

41 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Like the absurd sudden positive light that CV64 has gotten while leaving the actual good 64 game on the forgotten side (CV Legacy of Darkness)

That shit is so weird and only conclusion I can come to hard is LOD is rare and harder to get...but in a world with emulation that's not really true either. 

LOD slept on man. 

Just now, RSG3 said:

That shit is so weird and only conclusion I can come to hard is LOD is rare and harder to get...but in a world with emulation that's not really true either. 

LOD slept on man. 

His theory on the video is that perhaps is all fault of the Angry Nerd Show, where he nitpicked problems of the game, then people assuming it was trash for all the wrong reasons, and now that new content creators have come and played it are for a lack of better word, positive review bombing it with their reviews saying it wasnt as bad as people remember it, despite being very bad, all while ignoring the sequel/prequel/remake that improved on all the issues that the og release had.

He actually mentions the ANS some times since it seems to be a pattern regardless some baffling stances some people have regarding certain games.

17 minutes ago, Camacho said:

Since we're talking CV again, you guys should fire up Curse of the Moon 2 and see why I've been yammering about it since it came out.

Yea it's been sitting on my shelf for months now. Need to get to it after I clear up some of what I'm already playing. 

1 hour ago, DarkSakul said:

Lego God of War Ragnarok is free, out now, lets you press F to “BOY”

https://www.pcgamesn.com/god-of-war/ragnarok-pc-lego-free-game

Download here

https://thrilldawill.itch.io/lego-god-of-war

God Of War Love GIF by Santa Monica Studio

EDIT - 

Returnal is not all that forgiving, but I can work with it. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124

Mortal Kombat: Snow Blind (2022) review

Pros:

Action/gore is great. The fights are full fights - a problem I had with the "Battle of the realms" movie.

It's nice to see Kenshi take center stage since he hasn't really had much focus outside of the games.

Voice over acting is spot on.

Cons:

The colors are drab and lifeless in the first 1/3. I realize  this is fitting for the type of story, but its a step down from the first two films.

Also, the art style is a step down imo. It feels like they were trying for Avatar TLA, but didnt quite get there.

Story feels like a mishmash of Mad Max, Logan(2017), and Daredevil and is very straightforward with few surprises.

Kenshi is the impudent,cocky youth who suffers a setback and Sub-Zero is the reluctant old mentor.

Misc:

I guess part of the story is better understood if you played MK 11 and beat Arcade mode with Kano. (I havent lol)

Overall: 7/10

A better flowing but straightforward  story with great action from the next generation of MK characters:

Its probably a solid rental or budget buy.

8 hours ago, iStu X said:

I'm gonna wait to purchase after year 1. I played SF4 religiously but with SF5, I played for about two months and didn't play it again until the Championship Edition dropped. It then proceeded to collect more dust.

5 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Still need to finish Replicant. 

Sigh . . . remember earlier how I said there wasn't anything coming out in 2023 that had my interest . . . 

FjOh3xyUoAEF6N8?format=jpg&name=medium

March 2023. I also found it funny that I referenced Titanfall 3 and the team at Respawn is working on this one. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124
1 minute ago, Chadouken said:

You think they'll have some Nintendo stuff outside of a Direct? I can't recall if they have before or not.

They have.  Zelda has been the most prominent thing that they've shown at the VGA with Smash being 2nd.  They also announced NMH3 and Bayo 3 at the VGA's as well.  Gamexplain actually had a video a few days ago talking about Nintendo's track record with the show overall.  Zelda has the highest chance of being there out of everything.  Anything else I'm not putting hope out for.

3 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

They have.  Zelda has been the most prominent thing that they've shown at the VGA with Smash being 2nd.  They also announced NMH3 and Bayo 3 at the VGA's as well.  Gamexplain actually had a video a few days ago talking about Nintendo's track record with the show overall.  Zelda has the highest chance of being there out of everything.  Anything else I'm not putting hope out for.

Well in that case:

Metroid? 👀

17 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

There is a pretty cool lawyer on Youtube that was covering this. He called this out too. He literally went to the E-Shop showed there is like 1400+ mature games on the Switch.

Edited by Darc_Requiem