Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

15 minutes ago, iStu X said:

While more-or-less everything shown was really cool to awesome there’s still nothing that makes me want a PS5. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Same, man. Lotta the same games that you can already get on the PS4 or another system. People give the Switch flack for all of the Wii U ports. But the Wii U only sold 13 million units. LOTTA people did not play the Wii U's library. Plus the Switch has the very awesome benefit of being a console and a handheld. I'm seriously thinking of not even getting a PS5 at all, even when they become more readily available. Even after about a year in, there's really nothing that makes me want to get the system.

34 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

C'mon son...

Spiderman DAT HOE!

TWOOOOOOI 

again, it’s cool and all. But it’s not a must have for me. I didn’t even finish Spider Man 1 cause it bored me to tears. 

im just not a huge fan of sandbox games these days. I got burnt out on them in my late teens and early 20’s. It takes a lot to get me to feel immersed and have fun in a sandbox game. now-a-days it all feels like one pointless chore after another. 

Edited by iStu X

Yeah Spiderman is like a double strike out.

I'm pretty much over those sandbox games generally speaking, and it's Marvel, another thing I'm over generally speaking.  And Spiderman is like the lamest Marvel character there is.  Definitely didn't warrant what, 3 movie reboots?

Had no interest in the first one and have no interest in the second one.

Other than God of War, that Forspoken game looked pretty cool.

Edited by purbeast
1 hour ago, Camacho said:

Heads up, Nioh is free on the Epic Games Store right now. @RSG3, you might want to nab it since you mentioned buying a PC soon-ish. You don't have to be able to run it to make and account and add it to your library.

Thanks for the heads up but I already have this for my PS4. Funny enough I've basically never played it while I've played a shiiiiiieeeet ton of Nioh 2 lol. 

Good lookin out tho!

20 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Y'all niggaz need some pussy...

Aaron Paul What GIF by Breaking Bad

We havent had a dedicated X-men game in 8 years due to the Fox/Marvel drama

It’s likely going to be another Sandbox. So it’ll be an immediate pass for me. 

MUA3 was a switch exclusive

And it was awesome. I’ve actually been thinking about playing it again. 

ps fans had to endure the "avengers " game.

Womp. Womp. And still no Spider-Man. Lol

I dont even have PS5 and Im excited lol.

And that’s awesome. No one said you couldn’t be. I marked the fuck out at Venom too. But it’s still not a must have for me. 

different opinions 

Edited by iStu X

Ultra Age = BOUGHT......well, if only I could actually acquire a PlayStation system though.. 😞 

and yeah, Wolverine and the Spiderman 2 would be bought day 1 as well....along with God of War

haha considering the current trends in entertainment, I am genuinely surprised this isn't a game featuring X-23 where they make sure to emphasize that she is far superior to Logan in every possible way and can beat him up like it's nothing, of course.

...and elsewhere, you know certain other devs would've preferred to make the Spiderman game with a story that has both Miles and Peter getting seriously injured or kidnapped in the first 5 minutes so Gwen can step in as the obviously superior Spider-person and rescue them and save the world with little to no effort.

Edited by MillionX

@MillionXUltra Age is on Switch as well. Tho, I'm sure it runs better on PS5 but man, can you actually find one of those things?

This game hits the eShop on the 16th. Thought it was weird it got a physical release in limited amounts but no digital. Looks dope AF. You might wanna check this one out @RSG3

Edited by RegH81
Freaking spaces.

It's time, folks... yesterday, she came back to us

https://youtu.be/fQQzo2Kxmdw <--review (not sure why youtube doesn't allow thumbnails on some videos; perhaps because that's a smaller channel?)

edit---y'know, once again as I played Symphony of the Night again for the first time in years...(the Live Arcade port was my first time playing that game)...again I keep wondering why the dopes over at Konami pass that opportunity up in the recent years where the Netflix Castlevania became a popular new thing.  They could've easily rode that hype train even with just a barebones port to new systems for easy quick cash but nope.  The moment has passed now since Castlevania's season 3 (the last one with Trevor, Alucard and Sypha, I think?  Another coming up focuses on others) has come and gone.

Edited by MillionX

I'm actually playing Dad of War for the first time right now and I gotta say it's easily one of the top five games of the 8th(xbone/PS4) generation. 

It's so gosh darn good. But I sorta got spoiled in this thread cause of the Thor art. 

Does he not show up in Dad of War? Also, Thor just looks like Strong-Dad-bod Modi, which makes sense.

Pin on God Of War Art &amp; Design

Super stoked, been reading a lot of Norse mythology as a result of the game and Ragnorok pretty much lays out a ton of cool boss fights for the game. Like a fight with Fenrir is pretty inevitable