Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

13 hours ago, DarkSakul said:

I love it how Xbox fans everywhere are losing their shit with Kotor remake appearing on the PS5 as a console excusive.

Ehh, as fun as it is to see the meltdown, one of the/if not the main writter, is a known turd feminist ex writer for the Mary Sue who dislikes star wars, so the project is most likely doomed, lol

Edited by Hecatom

ok, so far---Blightbound--- it reminds me of Dragon's Crown so I keep comparing it to that in my mind... so far, Dragon's Crown is overall better, at least with this initial impression I'm getting of Blightbound.  However, the mage in this game is a bit easier; doesn't seem as "low-tier" as the pitiful, slowpoke wizard in Dragon's Crown.  Blightbound's mage can cast an invincible magic barrier around himself or on allies, and has healing magic....it would be nice if his "ultimate" move was flashier than it is though.

6 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Ehh, as fun as it is to see the meltdown, one of the/if not the main writter, is a known turd feminist ex writer for the Mary Sue who dislikes star wars, so the project is most likely doomed, lol

I did not bother to read pass the Xbox Fan Melt down. I can care less for writers of the articles, nor did I read any articles.
Just the hilarious shit posts Xbox fans tried to make on social media.

Most of them keep on Champing Bethesda 🤣
I laugh in PC gamer. 

Never play a Beth game on console. 

Edited by DarkSakul
1 hour ago, DarkSakul said:

I did not bother to read pass the Xbox Fan Melt down. I can care less for writers of the articles, nor did I read any articles.
Just the hilarious shit posts Xbox fans tried to make on social media.

Most of them keep on Champing Bethesda 🤣
I laugh in PC gamer. 

Never play a Beth game on console. 

You misunderstood what i posted.

The head writer of the remake is an ex writer of the marysue site, a known ultra turd feminist, that hates both nerd stuff and the fandoms behind them.

Hence why i said that the project is very likely doomed.

4 hours ago, Hecatom said:

You said it, remake, not remaster, there will be changes. 

I mean there might be. Most remakes dont have those kinds of changes, not in the traditional sense anyway. They might change stuff, but then its also EA and Modern Bioware who are lazy as fuck. I dont expect much more then graphical and QOL updates...like it matters, I wont play it. I hated it the first time around I doubt a second go around will change my mind much.

such a strange thing---why hire someone that publicly stated they were NOT a fan of the game you intend to remake?  ...unless you're intentionally trying to sabotage it in some way, but that wouldn't make much sense either...unless you just give up trying to analyze things and conclude that the people making such decisions are just dumb.

Just like the Saint's Row... it should be amusing to see what happens here. 

Bird Popcorn GIF

Ok, the goddamn Crab Puncher, Mk 2 boss in Blood Rayne, man....this is completely insane...you have to do the poison bite and then blow enemies up to knock the armor off the legs of the thing, which are the only parts that can be damaged....but you don't have much room to run and dodge around because you're standing on top of him the whole time, which is a relatively small area.  Meanwhile, there's 2 enemies at a time on it's back with you + the flying enemies in the air that swoop down for fast attacks when you are distracted....the legs also come up to form buzzsaws every now and then to cut ya....sometimes from both sides at once forcing you to jump which makes you even more vulnerable to the flying enemies of course.  If you fall off Crab Puncher, you're now taking guaranteed damage when you get seemingly pulled in front of him only to get "inhaled" then thrown back out to the original position.  This fight is pretty goddamn ridiculous here... I'm not even sure how you can beat this without taking damage at some point, since there's a million possible ways to get fucked up there.  Ordinarily, you might think to just kill the small enemies asap as they show up but no.... you need them to be your "bombs" to knock off the leg armor....and you'll need them to feed on for health because damage seems pretty much unavoidable here.  This is some borderline Battletoads-caliber shit here, man.

edit---oh and I forgot there's also poison geysers on the back you're standing on....so there is no safe spot at all, really 😆  I found a video here so you can see the craziness:

edit 2---annnd I forgot about the falling chunks of debris... so you have to watch out for that too... yeah they got a bit carried away designing this shit

Edited by MillionX
9 hours ago, RSG3 said:

I mean there might be. Most remakes dont have those kinds of changes, not in the traditional sense anyway. They might change stuff, but then its also EA and Modern Bioware who are lazy as fuck. I dont expect much more then graphical and QOL updates...like it matters, I wont play it. I hated it the first time around I doubt a second go around will change my mind much.

It's not Bioware. It's being developed by Aspyr. 

11 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

It's being developed by Aspyr. 

I haven't heard of them till now, so I looked them up.
They specialize in porting games. In the mid to late 90s it was porting Windows games to Mac and they were 60% of the Mac gaming market at the time.

In 2015, Aspyr Media released an iOS port of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. So this is a game they are familiar with, they also ported a number of other Bioware titles to the IOS/Android market. 

1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

Deathloop reviews seem overwhelmingly positive, I honestly didn't have the game on my radar. I might give it a whirl after I finish Returnal, don't wanna overload on time loop games lol 

I saw that it has a steelbook at Best Buy. It has been pre-ordered LOL

Sidenote - I picked up NFS: Heat for $8 on PSN. This is a fine example of putting a game down when you don't enjoy it. To wash the taste out of my mouth, I bought NFS: Hot Pursuit Remastered ($19.99 at Gamestop) and it's been such a blast to play through again. 

12 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Lucasfilm yanked the Star Wars exclusivity away from EA. Neither EA nor Bioware have anything to do with the Remake. Anyone associated with the Mary Sue kills my interest in the game. I'd call that site trash but then I'd face a defamation suit from trash that I'd lose badly.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wccftech.com/geforce-now-leak-lists-final-fantasy-vii-ix-remake-half-life-2-remastered-mgs2-hd-and-lots-more/amp/

Yo holy shit DRAGON'S DOGMA 2. Not explicitly confirmed but the data isn't fake so it seems pretty likely, and that's on top of knowing Itsuno is already working on some fantasy title.

Also FFT Remaster is cool

Edited by Gasarocky

The fact that FFIX remake is on that list makes me SUPER suspect.  SE is already spending enough resources FF wise on FFVIIR part 2, Final Fantasy XVI, I'm here to chew bubblegum and kill chaos and I'm all out of bubblegum,  and whatever update they are constantly making for FFXIV.  If it had said remaster then maybe but a full on remake?  on FFIX?  Over top of VI which is arguably the most popular after VII?  That doesn't sound right to me.

29 minutes ago, Gasarocky said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wccftech.com/geforce-now-leak-lists-final-fantasy-vii-ix-remake-half-life-2-remastered-mgs2-hd-and-lots-more/amp/

Yo holy shit DRAGON'S DOGMA 2. Not explicitly confirmed but the data isn't fake so it seems pretty likely, and that's on top of knowing Itsuno is already working on some fantasy title.

Also FFT Remaster is cool

Woahhh, Dragon's Dogma 2? I never got around to playing the first but if they announced the second one I'd have to get on it ASAP.

15 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

The fact that FFIX remake is on that list makes me SUPER suspect.  SE is already spending enough resources FF wise on FFVIIR part 2, Final Fantasy XVI, I'm here to chew bubblegum and kill chaos and I'm all out of bubblegum,  and whatever update they are constantly making for FFXIV.  If it had said remaster then maybe but a full on remake?  on FFIX?  Over top of VI which is arguably the most popular after VII?  That doesn't sound right to me.

I doubt it will be a remake on the scale of FF7R. It's likely another re-release

ohhhh shit the Redfall leaks, folks

https://www.windowscentral.com/leaked-redfall-screenshots-show-weapons-environments-and-menus

MS Rewards points.... it's too easy to clean up with this rewards program, folks... the "weekly treasure" for 100 points was up for me today, so I got that + the 50 for an achievement in Bloodrayne this morning (finally beat that ridiculous boss "Crab Puncher mk 2"...after 6 or 7 tries)... then I just got 70 from today's Bing questions/challenges so all in all that's 220, not even counting the miscellaneous little 5-points per search. The "This or That" quiz was laughably easy for me today since I watched an insane amount of television ever since childhood--- asking stuff like which show was first, Twilight Zone or X-files?  Bruh....c'mon now...

Edited by MillionX

oh yeah, you know it's inevitable at this point.  The PS6/NextXB era will have yet another release of GTAV, since people continue to buy that shit as if it just came out yesterday.  I'll never understand what the deal is with that game.  ALL other games, movies, tv shows, etc. slow down at some point after initial release....since it reaches a point where everyone who would've been interested has already enjoyed the thing and moved on....but not this damn game, for some reason.  I will always just be "out of the loop" on the appeal of that one, I suppose.  I wouldn't be surprised if the grandchildren of the Millenial generation are actually playing GTAV on their gen of systems.  (*sidenote---good for you guys they changed it to "Millenial"---remember that time when the unimaginative chumps who come up with generation names called you guys "Generation Y", simply because the previous gen was "Gen-X"?  Hilarious, man... these are the kind of people that if they published a novel, they would title it "My Novel" or "Book", I guess....zero fuckin creativity, these people....haha probably the same kind of people that actually set the word "password" as their password for things.)

Edited by MillionX

PS5 September System Software Update Features

PS5 UX Enhancements

The PS5 September Update features new UX enhancements that make it easier than ever for players to view, personalize and manage their game content and console experience:

• Control Center customization. Players can now customize their Control Center more freely by rearranging or choosing which controls to hide or unhide at the bottom of the screen.
  • Enhanced Game Base. Players can now easily view and write messages to friends and Parties directly from Game Base in the Control Center. 

51470639010_d14998bbf1_h.jpg

While viewing Game Base in full screen, players can also see how many of their friends are online, busy, or offline, as well as accept, decline or cancel multiple friend requests at once.

• Game Library and Home Screen updates. If you have PS4 and PS5 versions of the same game installed, they’ll now appear separately in the “Installed” tab of the Game Library and on the Home screen. Each game’s tile now also clearly indicates its platform. 
  • Screen Reader controls.  Players can now pause or resume Screen Reader (Press “PS + Triangle buttons”) and have it repeat anything it reads (Press “PS  + R1 buttons”).

New Gaming and Social Experience Customizations

• PlayStation Now resolution selector and connection test tool. PlayStation Now subscribers can choose between 720p or 1080p (depending on individual game) to accommodate their preferred video resolution for game streaming. A streaming connection test also helps them identify and troubleshoot any problems with their connection.
  • New Accolade Type: “Leader.” Following an online match, players can award others with a fourth accolade type, “Leader,” which is visible on players’ profiles.

51469696766_7e4c027f89_h.jpg

• Automatic capture of “personal best” videos. When players compete in challenges for a better time or a higher score and set a new personal best, a video clip of the action will automatically be recorded. Players can also share clips of their personal bests directly from the challenge card in the Control Center, or from their Media Gallery. Players have direct control over this functionality via their Captures and Broadcast settings.

51470639480_b8967e5722_h.jpg

• New Trophy tracker. We’ve added a new Trophy Tracker that lets players quickly access up to five trophies per game through the Control Center. 

51468939727_611119bf8b_h.jpg

3D Audio Support for Built-In TV Speakers

The PS5 September Update adds support for players to experience 3D audio through their built-in TV speakers. Once enabled in the Sound menu, this feature transforms standard two-channel TV speaker audio into three-dimensional sound, heightening the sense of gameplay immersion.* Players can measure the acoustics of their room using the microphone on their DualSense wireless controller to apply the 3D audio setting that’s optimized for their room.**

3D audio via compatible headsets on PS5 has been a popular feature among fans and developers. We’re thrilled to bring this feature to life for players directly through their built-in TV speakers, in addition to the headset support that’s been available since launch.

51469696561_637f5081cc_h.jpg

In addition, players with a Pulse 3D Wireless Headset now have access to equalizer settings within Sound Controls, allowing them to customize the sound profile according to their preference.

Edited by AriesWarlock

For those with a PS5 

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/hardware/ps5-install-m2-ssd/

The really important part, the drive requirements. 

PCI-Express Gen4x4 supported M.2 NVMe SSD (Key M)
Storage 250 GB - 4 TB
Supported sizes 2230, 2242, 2260, 2280, 22110
Size including heat-dissipation mechanism Width: up to 25 mm
Length: 30/40/60/80/110 mm
Thickness: up to 11.25 mm (up to 8.0 mm from above the board, up to 2.45 mm from below the board)
Sequential read speed 5,500MB/s or faster is recommended
Socket type Socket 3 (Key M)

Using an M.2 SSD with your PS5 console requires effective heat dissipation with a cooling structure, such as a heatsink and a heat transfer sheet. You can attach these to your M.2 SSD yourself, either in a single-sided format, or double-sided format (single-sided cooling structures are an easier fit). There are also M.2 SSDs that have cooling structures (such as heatsinks) built-in. For information on how to attach the heat dissipation mechanism, check the instructions that come with it.

12 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Ren and Stimpy officially announced for Nick All Stars

This is one that's really going to hurt not having actual voice overs for these characters.   The sound is just so dull/generic in all of these videos.