Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

Extra

I like Sakurai a lot

I'm of the mind that the simpler the design, the more complex the game can actually be since a lot of what passes for "complexity" these days is just "complicated." Tetris is a good example. It started out with pieces locking as soon as they touched another piece, but by freeing up the locking system and allowing pieces to rotate like they do in modern Tetris, an admittedly simple change, it added a ton of complexity to something that is, on its face, incredibly simple (yet still complex.)

Edited by DoctaMario

Playing Hollow Knight and the Grey Mourner quest is one of the absolute worst quests I've ever dealt with. The concept is simple take a flower across the entire fucking map without getting hit. Of course simple concept ABSOLUTLY INFURATING in execution. 

This is a flat out lazy, boring, repetetive, stupid, asshole quest. I have been trying to complete this incredibly stupid quest for an hour. A fucking hour. The last room is the worst one you have to thread 3 fucking needles in a row. 

This game is amazing. This quest is the worst thing in it tho. 

Edited by RSG3

Finally finished Bayo 3 tonight so now ai can see what the discourse was about in the videos I saved in my watch later.  I thought the ending was fine...not as epic as 1 and 2 and a bit more cheese then I was expecting.  They definitely are fully intent on doing a Bayo 4 cause doubt they're going to leave it like this.

Edit:  ooooo...that last weapon seems interesting.  Well have to try that out later.

Edited by Sonichuman
2 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Finally finished Bayo 3 tonight so now ai can see what the discourse was about in the videos I saved in my watch later.  I thought the ending was fine...not as epic as 1 and 2 and a bit more cheese then I was expecting.  They definitely are fully intent on doing a Bayo 4 cause doubt they're going to leave it like this.

That's what kills me about the response to the ending. Everyone acting like this was the fucking end...they literally announced a new one like 2 days after this came out even lmao. After doing an infinite multiverse story, not to mention going to hell in this series has already been subverted. 

The entire response was pretty silly to me. It's a fine enough ending, frankly I like it if only because of how it pisses off the Lesbian shippers who never understood Lukas role in the first place lol. 

Just now, RSG3 said:

That's what kills me about the response to the ending. Everyone acting like this was the fucking end...they literally announced a new one like 2 days after this came out even lmao. After doing an infinite multiverse story, not to mention going to hell in this series has already been subverted. 

The entire response was pretty silly to me. It's a fine enough ending, frankly I like it if only because of how it pisses off the Lesbian shippers who never understood Lukas role in the first place lol. 

The lesbian shipping thing never made sense to me at all.  It was extremely confusing for someone to point at Bayonetta gyrating and say "YOU FIND THIS ATTRACTIVE AND SEXY!?"  and being like ".......yeeeessss?  Is this a trick question?  I'm pretty sure I'm straight"

Whoah I didn't know they were adding characters to that Mario Kart game... my hope would be for Magikoopa, who has always been one of my favorite enemy characters in the Mario universe.  Mouser would be a cool one too, though I wouldn't be surprised if few people are fans of him or the other characters from the American version of Super Mario Bros. 2.

So, another surprising one that got around the automatic censor on Switch... I made a Mii character named "Ratbastard", it allowed that name...I assumed I would have to get creative with the spelling of "bastard" but nope, it allowed the correct spelling of that as part of the name. 

I also tried "Muthafukka" but as I figured it said I couldn't use that one.

Edited by MillionX

I'd say of the characters from Mario 2, Mouser would probably be next most popular behind Birdo. He even got an extra fight added to the game in the conversion from Doki Doki to Mario Bros 2. By characters I mean named individuals not like...Shyguys or something because Shyguys are probably the most popular thing from Mario 2 if only because they've been in the most stuff outside of Mario 2 besides maybe Ba-Bombs?

8 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Edit:  ooooo...that last weapon seems interesting.  Well have to try that out later.

Story telling has never been Bayonetta's strong suit. That said, the ending clearly implies there's more to come .

Spoiler

I mean Rodin's conversation with Viola doesn't make sense unless Luka is still around. Honestly it implies more than that. You literally "free" the other Bayonetta's from Singularity as you fight him. The way they fade away implies they went back to their universes. I can't take credit for that observation, someone else pointed it out. I didn't notice it myself. So in short the only Bayonetta died is likely Cereza. Who I'm sure they can bring back if they wanted. 

34 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:
Spoiler

Who I'm sure they can bring back if they wanted.

Spoiler

They absolutly can, nothing about this story runs on logic or cosnsistancy, honestly not busting out of hell with Jeanne and Luka whose a god now (lol) would be inconsistant imo. Bayonetta beat the breaks off Alrune, on her home turf, by herself lol and Bayo 3 Bayonetta is stronger then the old Bayonetta. There's two witches and a fucking interdimensional Werewolf down there now, Inferno shouldn't even want them, nothing but trouble once they get bored. 

Edited by RSG3
6 minutes ago, RSG3 said:
  Hide contents

They absolutly can, nothing about this story runs on logic or cosnsistancy, honestly not busting out of hell with Jeanne and Luka whose a god now (lol) would be inconsistant imo. Bayonetta beat the breaks off Alrune, on her home turf, by herself lol and Bayo 3 Bayonetta is stronger then the old Bayonetta. There's two witches and a fucking interdimensional Werewolf down there now, Inferno shouldn't even want them, nothing but trouble once they get bored. 

Hell, Bayonetta 4 could be...

Spoiler

Viola and Jeanne hunting down the necessary items for Rodin to re-forge Bayonetta's amulet so that they can get her out of Inferno. Instead of Cereza, Jeanne, and Viola levels. You could have Viola, Jeanne, and Luka levels. Luka levels could be him protecting Cereza while Viola and Jeanne scour the multiverse for the materials Rodin needs to re-forged her amulet. And of course Cereza would be unlockable after you beat the game. Luka would be a new playstyle like Viola in Bayo 3 and Jeanne could have the more traditional Bayo gameplay. I thought that up just now. I'm sure Kamiya and crew are more creative than I am.

18 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Hell, Bayonetta 4 could be...

Hide contents

Viola and Jeanne hunting down the necessary items for Rodin to re-forge Bayonetta's amulet so that they can get her out of Inferno. Instead of Cereza, Jeanne, and Viola levels. You could have Viola, Jeanne, and Luka levels. Luka levels could be him protecting Cereza while Viola and Jeanne scour the multiverse for the materials Rodin needs to re-forged her amulet. And of course Cereza would be unlockable after you beat the game. Luka would be a new playstyle like Viola in Bayo 3 and Jeanne could have the more traditional Bayo gameplay. I thought that up just now. I'm sure Kamiya and crew are more creative than I am.

Platinum over here like

Spying I Hear You GIF by NOW WE'RE TALKING TV SERIES

Oh yeah, I'm all over that Ravenswatch game asap... that looks like another one that was specifically made to cater to my taste....the great thing is that it's on everything, so my only dilemma is whether to get it on Switch or Steam Deck of Xbox/PS5... more than likely it will be Switch or Steam Deck for portable good times and PS5.  There's more playable characters to be released later as well?  It has that cool art style that was in Curse of the Dead Gods... oh yeah...  SOLD already on this one, easy....day 1.

The Wire GIF

Edited by MillionX