Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

Not sure about other platforms but Flynn: Son of Crimson is 10% off on the eShop for the next few days. I was worried it would be another Metroidvania, but progress is stage by stage. I love Metroid and Metroidvania but dang, the indie scene is humming that genre's leg WAY too much for my liking. I hope you can give Dex pets. The fact that you can pet Cerberus in Hades makes it one of the best games ever.

Edited by RegH81

Another one I've been waiting on - Aragami 2:

hmm....where's the cool shadow powers though?  That footage certainly didn't show it off.  The whole thing with the "aragami" being in the first game was that it had shadow abilities, which is the main thing that sold me on the first game.  The player in this footage is just going through like this is a "normal" ninja that happens to have a shadow-teleport and that's it.

Edited by MillionX
7 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

vids

Hide contents

^this is a music video for what I believe is a song for Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger IX 2

Astria Ascending looks so god damn good but if I got it I’d want it on my Switch as my PS4 is packed up. The downside to that is I have a feeling it would chug on the switch similar to how Cris Tales does. 

Edited by iStu X
11 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Astria Ascending looks so god damn good but if I got it I’d want it on my Switch as my PS4 is packed up. The downside to that is I have a feeling it would chug on the switch similar to how Cris Tales does. 

I was wondering if they patched the game yet and did a quick search.  One is coming but it looks like they haven't gotten to it yet according to the patch update website

https://modusgames.com/news/keep-up-with-the-latest-patch-notes-for-cris-tales-here/

They seem to be patching everything else first.

1 hour ago, BornWinner said:

Tales of Arise hits 1 million sales, the game being the fastest to hit that milestone in the Tales of series.

I have it on PC. I'm really enjoying it. Probably the most I've enjoyed a new Tales game since Vesperia back on 360.  There have been solid games since Vesperia. I enjoyed the Xilia games, but Tales of Zestiria was disappointment. While it wasn't terrible, it was meh, I found it to be a low point in the franchise. Between a questionable narrative decision and subpar battle system, it just didn't measure up.

Tales of Berseria was much better than ToZ and thanks to the lore connections, makes Zestiria  a better experience. FYI Tales of Berseria is a distance prequel (1000 years before) to Zestiria. Seeing how events actually took place in Berseria versus how the legends were relayed in Zestiria was a unique and enjoyable experience. 

I'm curious as to what I will think of Tales of Arise one I complete it. I hope they stick the landing. The presentation and production values are a clear step up from the previous PS4 era Tales games. I'm not sure if @MillionXis into RPGs but if so, I know one character will be right down his alley. Kisara seems like your cup of tea fam.

to be specific---it's "traditional turn-based" ones I can't stand....that whole style of presentation for combat instantly kills it for me when we're talking about videogames (as opposed to other stuff like board/table-top games).  I would likely enjoy the "Tales of.." series though, because from what I remember, those tend to feature real-time action.  Action-RPGs are my thing for sure.  It is literally impossible for anything turn-based to ever come close to even half-way decent examples of the ARPG genre, at least for me.  

sheeeittt, my first exposure to that mess way back in the day was the beloved Dragon Warrior on the NES... I got the first game for free from Nintendo Power back then.  Best thing I can say about it is at least the soundtrack was cool....and I liked some of the enemy designs.

Edited by MillionX
4 hours ago, iStu X said:

Same boat. Looks awesome, want it for Switch, worry it will chug like CrisTales which i still havent bought. I keep hoping it gets patched up for performance but i havent heard anything so I guess I should bite the bullet and get it for the Four.

Edit: And Jesus I just updated my PS4 like 30 seconds ago...I'll report back I guess.

Double Edit: Seems to be running just fine. Gonna play a little Sekiro to find out, then hopfully get some Dark Souls done. Been putting it off.

Edited by RSG3
22 minutes ago, VirginDefiler said:

is the rumor true that they had to patch out the Monster energy drink out of Death Stranding? cuz if its true thats sorta lols

Not surprising. The Alan Wake remaster is removing the Duracell Batteries product placement. Advertisement contracts are a thing 

Edited by iStu X
11 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

I have been playing Mario Tennis on WiiU those last days, gonna say is quite fun, probably will get the Switch version once i buy one, since i heard it added a lot of new features.

Aces is really cool. The only thing I didn’t like is they put all the alt. Costumes and pallets behind some online gameplay mode where the costumes rotates every week/month or something like that. 

Edited by iStu X