Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

So WOW is reducing the amount of titty

https://www.wowhead.com/news/vanilla-wall-paintings-hd-updated-and-desexualized-in-patch-9-1-5-324200

1033838.jpg\1033839.jpg?maxHeight=360

1033840.jpg?maxHeight=3601033841.jpg?maxHeight=360

54 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Looking for some dope 2D action/plarformer games on PS4/ps5. Any recommendations? Gimme your top 5 if possible 

Arietta of Spirits

Narita Boy

Slain Back from Hell

Valfaris

Bloodstained
Blasphemous

Mighty Goose

2 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Looking for some dope 2D action/plarformer games on PS4/ps5. Any recommendations? Gimme your top 5 if possible 

Bloodstained has been mentioned a few times already, but I'll specify both Curse of the Moon games (classic Castlevania style) rather than just Ritual of the Night (which is more  SotN than pure action).  Any of them are well worth your while, CotM2 being my favorite.

Other notables that come to mind-

Dead Cells

Mega Man 11

Blazing Chrome

Hollow Knight

Salt and Sanctuary

Guacamelee (both of them)

Shovel Knight

Retro Collections- 

Castlevania Collection

Contra Colleciton

Mega Man collections (all of them, with X collection 2 being at the bottom of the pile)

Also, if you're willing to count brawlers (already have plenty of Metroid type games here, so why not), Fight n Rage (best one ever, IMO)

If you have any interest in Shmups, Crimzon Clover.

14 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

PlayStation | Congratulations, you've been selected!

We’re pleased to extend this opportunity to order a PS5™ console!

Your order instructions:

Starting from 12:00 PT on September 17 click the “Shop now” button below to enter the site.

Is reselling that bad?  I could use the extra money 🤔 It's just capitalism, right?

57 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

PlayStation | Congratulations, you've been selected!

We’re pleased to extend this opportunity to order a PS5™ console!

Your order instructions:

Starting from 12:00 PT on September 17 click the “Shop now” button below to enter the site.

Is reselling that bad?  I could use the extra money 🤔 It's just capitalism, right?

Whatever this is just broke my page and it’s obnoxious as fuck. Please fix or delete

Edited by iStu X
1 minute ago, AriesWarlock said:

I have deleted the post. If it continues I suppose it may have to do with the posts that quoted my original post. Maybe @misterBeeknows for sure.

Sorry if I came off as an ass. I Wasn’t trying to but it broke my mobile browser and I imagine it would to others too. 

reminded me of all the ads that broke SRK on the regular. 😂😂😂

Edited by iStu X
4 hours ago, HD-Man said:

1 hour ago, Camacho said:

Bloodstained has been mentioned a few times already, but I'll specify both Curse of the Moon games (classic Castlevania style) rather than just Ritual of the Night (which is more  SotN than pure action).  Any of them are well worth your while, CotM2 being my favorite.

Other notables that come to mind-

Dead Cells

Mega Man 11

Blazing Chrome

Hollow Knight

Salt and Sanctuary

Guacamelee (both of them)

Shovel Knight

Retro Collections- 

Castlevania Collection

Contra Colleciton

Mega Man collections (all of them, with X collection 2 being at the bottom of the pile)

Also, if you're willing to count brawlers (already have plenty of Metroid type games here, so why not), Fight n Rage (best one ever, IMO)

If you have any interest in Shmups, Crimzon Clover.

Bushiden:

Record of Lodoss War:

Steel Assault:

Mighty Goose:

Minoria:

Ender Lilies:

All of these games tend to come out on PC first.  These days if you like 2D PC is the place to be.  I think most of these have console ports though.

VGM Fridays!!...Well it's officially Saturday.  😕  I've been busy all day so hadn't had a chance to put my contributions or barely anything else.  Nonetheless though!   Gamecube had it's 20th anniversary for Japan on the 14th aaand Cruis'n Blast also released this week so first post will be related to those things. 

Spoiler

I did not play Cruis'n series that much but the main themes seem to stick in my head more than anything else about the games lol

^ (sorry this doesn't have a version without the lyrics that come up very late at the end)

I still miss this series a ton^

Regular Friday Contribution in this post as well.

Edited by Sonichuman

I forgot about Record of Lodoss War... I was looking forward to it; a shame it didn't come to console for some stupid reason.  Naturally I'd rather play it on Switch.  That game reminds me once again...imagine how cool a Symphony of the Night remake would look today.  Then it always hurts to remember which company owns that IP, sadly. 😞 

..heh, butttttt whenever the Steam Deck finally releases that solves that problem.

edit---the gradual "toning down" of female characters in the game industry is ridiculous and pathetic, imo.  It would be nice if the next generation of game devs were more guys who are *not* weak feminazi sissy ass chumps that are for some odd reason scared and "uncomfortable" when they see attractive women.

y'know, it doesn't even make sense in any way...there's different game ratings for a reason.  People who produce movies and shows still have gorgeous women and occasionally show nudity or close to it (*even though that seems toned down compared to the golden age of the 70s, 80s and early 90s)  For some reason, a lot of people in the industry are becoming the new-era Puritans, as if it's *only* small children that play videogames.....either that or they run with the weird assumption that no one who plays video games happens to be a straight adult or teen male...? Too many of these damn people have infected the industry, and now we're seeing the results, unfortunately.

Edited by MillionX

No one mentioned Ori and the Will of the Wisps?  That one is pretty dope and real pretty.  Think just about every game you could want right now has been mentioned though.  This game nMz6koV.png

just came out.  It seems pretty cool.

nCcWPPz.png

KbtnSpv.png

I also gave a game called Severed Steel a try today.  Its pretty fun.  Like a max payne or maximum action fps type game.  Lots of shooting in slow-mo, diving, jumping, kicking, wall running...its real fun.

Edited by Faltimar the Dark
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I beat Tales of Arise last night. It's a good game. It's not quite up there with Vesperia and Symphonia for me though. Tales of Arise is the first game where I felt the anime sequences were a downgrade from the in game models. I hope for the next game they stick to in game assets. 

i hope to start by the end of the day but i have to finish this ar tonelico game 1st. it gives me that 8th grade humor i need in my life

the last part of level 8 on BloodRayne is ridiculous, man... you have to jump a series of platforms while a large circular saw is chasing you.  The platforms are of course tiny...then there's a segment of this with even smaller platforms.  If you miss a jump, you fall into acid which is instant death.  If the saw catches you, that's instant death too.  The timing on this part needs to be absolute perfection or you just die over and over forever, it seems.  Also, sometimes you slide off platforms too.... I've died to this part probably 8 times already... last try I was on the final jump but the timing was off so I hit the acid again.  The checkpoint is way before the start of this segment, of course...so you always have to do the entire thing over....aha, and FINALLY I made it... if you just go fast and jump, dash jump dash, jump dash, jump dash so you are landing on every other segment you'll *probably* make it.  

Oooh, now I have a "Sun Gun" laser weapon in this next area...

Edited by MillionX
3 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Extra

Finally got around to playing it this morning for like an hour.  

It's just 100% stupid arcade madness.  I only played the easy tours so far and finished all of them, but like every race pretty much goes the same and there is not too much challenge.  Like you can even tell if you are on a short track (like under a minute) or a longer track (like under 2 minutes) based on how fast you move up in places.  Like you always get into third place with like 10 or so seconds left in the race and it's pretty easy to stay there once you get there.

It's also funny because you can get a boost at the start by timing the gas press right, which is super easy to do every time, but even doing it doesn't really make you get ahead at all anymore than if you didn't do it.  I guess if you are going for faster time it helps but it won't help you get into first place any quicker at all.  I have noticed when you don't do it, you actually are a little better off position wise than if you do get it.  Either way you are still in last place after starting though lol.

And the vehicles you unlock are so stupid (in a good way) too.  

I do kind of like the level progression and "upgrades" you get.  The neon looks really awesome on every vehicle I've seen so far.  

It's strictly a pure stupid arcade racing game that is super fast paced and is just eye candy.  

Borderlands 3... I see it now works apparently---turning down "dialogue" in options seems to have muted the annoying character grunts and "winded" sounds you always get when playing as Zane!!  Hell yeah this is an improvement... it really takes away from the badass "power fantasy" when a character you're controlling sounds like he really is just an old dude who is terribly out of shape.  After a few seconds of running, the guy always sounds like he needs to lay down or he might pass out or have a heart attack.  There's no way I'm the only one that hates that.  

edit---ah, of course it cuts ALL voices off though... I really just want to cut out Zane's "out of breath" nonsense....if there was a way to cut that and leave everything else intact it would be perfect.

Edited by MillionX

Finished my playthrough of Quake and all of the extra episodes in the remastered collection on normal difficulty. For everything that is included with the game, it is a hell of a deal and is longer than Doom Eternal. The dimension of the machine episode was my favorite expansion. The levels are elaborate and surprisingly long. Even on normal difficulty there are 150-200 enemies in most of those levels.

Edited by Jurassic
5 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

Mobile ads get wild...(if you got 40 min to kill, enjoy)

I don’t even look at what the thing is on my fb, Twitter or youtube. I immediately block/hide anything that appears as “sponsored” or “ad”. 

also, he’s saying things that have been parroted to death and nothing has changed.

While I get why he’s going so hard on this it also just comes across as immature he’s this upset about it. YouTube isn’t a stable revenue stream whether YouTubers think it is or not. You channel can be shut down for any reason at anytime at googles discretion. You can fuck up by saying or doing something and lose x amount of viewers in a matter of hours and lose all your revenue.

That’s the gamble. It’s why a lot of major people on that platform create side businesses, market themselves outside of YouTube/twitch as something else entirely or get sponsorships, etc cause the bubble could burst any second. 

it’s a topic done to death and it’s tiresome that people keep talking about the hypocrisy of streaming channels like YouTube and Twitch

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

Not sure how reliable this site is, but I figured I'd post. Wouldn't get my hopes up tho but still.... #FreeMVC2

https://gamerant.com/marvel-vs-capcom-2-disney-capcom-revival-discussion-report/?utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_source=GR-FB-P&utm_campaign=GR-FB-P

I’m honestly over it. It’s a time capsule for me. I always had interest in fighters growing up thanks to my cousin but MvC2 is what brought me to the dance and introduced me to the best community I have ever been apart of. 

That part of my and a lot of others life is over. Just let it be that way. It being re-released isn’t going to revive the community or do anything people think it will. 

it’ll spark interest, we’ll get an influx of new players, those players will realize how high the ceiling is for mvc2 and drop it, we’ll get some old heads back to do tournaments/money matches/run backs, and then the scene will die out again.

just like the last re-release and just like it did with 3rd Strike OE and just like the recent Anniversary edition collection. 

Edited by iStu X
14 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

So I was able to try out Tails of Iron today.  I think its pretty cool.  It seems like standard fare as far as gameplay but the presentation is pretty neat.  Its a side scroller beat''em up souls like metroidvania platforming game.  I dunno...  Rats doe.

The game is basically a giant love letter to the outstanding Redwall series of novels and the amazing graphic novel series Mouse Guard. 

Ive loved everything I’ve seen of it. I’ll probably get it when I get paid. 

Edited by iStu X