Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

Borderlands 3--- yeah, the more I play this now with another alternate character, the more horrible I notice the pacing.  The thing is; this isn't just limited to part 3.... Borderlands 2 is one of my favorite games from the 360/ps3 era, but I had some issues with the early game in that one too.  I don't like how they lock away some of your inventory spaces at the start... meaning each new character you play has to always go through the main story just to get your entire inventory and weapon spaces to be available.  B3 is just noticeably worse about it.  It just takes an annoyingly long time to get your 4th weapon slot and class mod spot unlocked.  I was playing with a newly created FL4K earlier today; only level 14 so far but I'm already wanting to just go back to my level 34 Moze.  

1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

Being a failure is part of his brand and what people tune in for. If he were actually good at stuff nobody would watch.

It is true that him being a failure is on-brand. The weird thing is he has tried to focus more on mumbling about video games than actually playing them. He hates being exposed as a clown.

45 minutes ago, Jurassic said:

It is true that him being a failure is on-brand. The weird thing is he has tried to focus more on mumbling about video games than actually playing them. He hates being exposed as a clown.

I think he probably has to know that being exposed as a clown is why people watch him, but he hates it so he tries to strike a balance. God, I'd hate for that to be my career

On 6/3/2023 at 11:27 AM, AriesWarlock said:

Devs Abandon KOTOR 2 Restoration DLC On Switch, Apologize With Free Games

The Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 Switch port won’t get its promised final cut of the incomplete classic

The games impacted players can choose from include the following list of other Star Wars ports Aspyr has worked on:

• Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords (PC)
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Switch)
  • Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Switch)
  • Star Wars: Republic Commando (Switch)
  • Star Wars: Episode I Racer (Switch)
  • Star Wars: Jedi Knight Academy (Switch)
  • Star Wars: Jedi Knight II Jedi Outcast (Switch)

https://twitter.com/AspyrMedia/status/1664784147867480070

Is it a wonder the KOTOR Remake got snatched from them? They can't add content to KOTOR2 that PC fans added back probably over decade ago a this point? Where they doing something additional? I bet most people that bought KOTOR 2 on Switch have snagged most if not all of the games on that list. Glad I didn't pick up the game, I seriously thought about buying the game. It be nice to have a restored content KOTOR 2 that i could take on the go.

22 hours ago, Wellman said:

But real talk going out in a thunder storm in an area where you or your vehicle is among the tallest things around can get you killed. 

Welp, the same day I posted this, I got struck by lightning twice in TotK. Felt like maybe some higher power was made at me because for it felt like over an hour of playing I kept getting thunderstorms. 

First time, I helped the sign guy fix it in the rain. I notice a farming tool sparking to the side but because I kept my distance I wasn't worried. Immediately after the cut scene where it is shown stable he gives rewards and bounces lightning kills me and I have to do the whole thing over again. Made sure to pocket the aptly named tool as it was still raining and drop it when I was done.

Second time, fighting some mooks in the rain for a quest. Noticed one of them was sparking and tried to kite my main target away to try and privacy so I can kill him off and then handle the lightning rod. Unfortunately it kept too close and when trying for crowd control lighting took me out.

Probably should start going back to live church soon.

50 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

You know...I haven't watched any of the Robocop movies.  Need to do that at some point.

3 is garbo, 1 is great and 2 is decent.

I actually liked the reboot.

I loved the live action tv series when I was a kid.

There is also a mini series called Prime Directive that I think I only watched the 1st 3 episodes cuz I rented them thinking it was a movie

That robocop game looks real pretty but I played the other games those devs made and they were shit.  They also looked really pretty and looked like they would be fun.  That rambo (rambo was kinda ugly) game and terminator game.  They were shit.  Felt like games that like Home Depot made in house and gives away with a tv stand or some shit.

Edited by Faltimar the Dark

Apple announced an AR/VR headset

https://twitter.com/theapplehub/status/1665796393741725702

I had to look up WTF this thing even was at the asking price and so I went to the website to find out exactly what it is.  It's pretty much like putting an Apple computer over your face.  So Minority Report is just that much closer...It can stay way from me with that price though.

Edited by Sonichuman

Oh yeah, today happens to be the anniversary of Vampyr ---it was 5 years ago when it released....a game I was looking forward to ever since first hearing about it, and it would go on to become easily one of my top favorite vampire games of all time.  I still play it on occasion, usually on Switch or my Steam Deck.  Oh yeah it was good times--- I took 3 days off that week it launched. (*almost ruined by Dad randomly deciding to visit me, though fortunately he was out and about doing other stuff in town so I still had most of my vacation to myself with this game)

On another note---today is the day for the "regular" version of Diablo 4 finally.....releases in a bit over an hour from now, actually.  

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

Apple announced a AR/VR headset

https://twitter.com/theapplehub/status/1665796393741725702

I had to look up WTF this thing even was at the asking price and so I went to the website to find out exactly what it is.  It's pretty much like putting an Apple computer over your face.  So Minority Report is just that much closer...It can stay way from me with that price though.

LOL if you thought iPhones were overpriced....wooooo boy....