Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

Mortal Kombat added strikers from KOF. Not bad at all. The gameplay probably wont hold me but im fully invested in the story mode

MK 11''s story mode was pretty wack, so let's see how they balance the apparent time skip shenanigans going on

2 hours ago, Lantis said:

MK 11''s story mode was pretty wack, so let's see how they balance the apparent time skip shenanigans going on

Haha I thought 11s story was dope. 

Persona 3 Remake seems like a no Brainer after all the models they made for the dancing games and despite how while well received P3s HD release was, it was still criticized for for the PSP version turning all real world exploration into a point & click adventure game. 

Also SRPG Persona could be interesting. 

Edited by RSG3

Diablo 4... oh yeah the addiction has taken hold big time for me at this point.  I played all yesterday morning then again late night into a bit of this morning.  I'm up to about 39 hours total played so far.  First character is 45 and now my second one is a necro that's 35....and it seems like I still have quite a way to go on the main story; I've mostly been doing side quests.

...with Necro, I ditched the skeleton minions but I still keep a Blood Golem.

I was already on the path of focusing on the shadow damage effects/abilities, and I saw this guy's vid for further inspiration on that build

whoah... BLOODLINES 2 news?!?!? 😮 

Edited by MillionX
11 hours ago, RegH81 said:

So it's looking like retailers said screw then street date and released the Super Mario Bros. Movie early. Walmart, Target, Kroger, that sucker is everywhere. I grabbed the 4K Power Up Edition from Walmart and canceled my Amazon order that was gonna arrive on Tuesday. I'm off today so I'm about to watch it now. 

Thanks.  I just grabbed the bluray at Target to pick up today after I drop my son off at school.  Says they only had one left so we'll see if that's legit or not.

EDIT:

Nope it was out of stock.  So I reordered the one with the lenticular 3D front for $2 more, but they only had one of those left in stock as well lol.  So we'll see if that is actually legit or not.  

Edited by purbeast

Hack-and-slash action game Lysfanga: The Time Shift Warrior announced for PC

Here is an overview of the game, via its store pages:

About

After half a millennium of peace, a new danger hangs over Antala. Its fate depends on you, Ime, Lysfanga of the New Kingdom, protector of the realm. The ancient cities, previously locked in time, are now free again, and an old evil has escaped, threatening the peace.

But you won’t be alone. Gifted with temporal powers from the Goddess of Time herself, something no other Lysfanga has had before, you have the ability to rewind time in combat to summon clones of your past-selves to help you. Master your power to become legion, and crush hordes of the escaped demons, known as the Raxes.

With your army of past-selves, progress through the ancient cities to extend your arsenal of weapons and learn new spells, preparing for the much greater threat ahead…

Key Features

• Muster an Army of Yourself – Use Ime’s godlike powers to rewind time a few seconds in the past and summon clones of yourself – remnants – to create an army and overpower your enemies.
  • Push Your Limits – Challenge your skills and your wits to outdo yourself. Master and replay each arena to beat your high scores, and challenge yourself by changing the difficulty settings and adding combat modifiers to unlock new rewards.
  • Tailor Each Fight – Each arena can be approached in countless ways. Adapt your strategy and use all the tools at your disposal to emerge victorious. Success will only depend on your combination of remnants, spells and weapons.
  • Investigate Gigantic Ancient Systems – The old time-locks are gone. The Raxes are now free to create chaos again. Explore the abandoned cities of the old continent previously locked in time and uncover the truth behind the resurgence of the Raxes.

There is a game I recently played with a time mechanic sorta like that one.  It was a third person action adventure game and wasnt as cool as that one looks. 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2161620/Lysfanga_The_Time_Shift_Warrior/

Ah it was called Timemelters.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1096140/Timemelters/

Edited by Faltimar the Dark

But I do have to ask, is there a big fighting game franchise with a good overall story?As someone who is big on fighting game lore, I really can't think of a long running big franchise that actually has a good overall story. 

They all kind of get goofy or crazy at some point. BlazBlue, Guilty Gear I love but is so convoluted you are best off not trying to explain most of the nonsense outside of Anime/manga Bullshit. The big heavyweights SF, MK, Tekken and I will throw KOF in there have great iconic characters, but outside one or two individual games they overall storylines are garbage carried by their fantastic/iconic characters.

D4--- I was just randomly adventuring out in the world and notice a "Legion Event" (world event) pop up on map, ready to start in about 2 minutes....this is one of this things I didn't know about in much detail other than the game just has "world events" so of course I had to get over there asap and get in on whatever craziness was going to happen there.  Sheeeeeittt, that was too awesome.  There was so much insanity on screen that it was tough to keep track of things at times... I think there was maybe 6 or 7 other players in there tearing up all these demons that started showing up.... multiple waves (with a timer counting down) and some boss monsters as well in the mix.  The rewards at the end were a bit disappointing though; I only got some yellow items and the little blue currency item.

Necro is back to being my main character now; it's up to level 45, matching my Druid but godlike powerful at this point with all the focus I put on shadow/darkness powers.

Aside from the existence of Kano, it seems this story is putting more highlight into the "minor" evil characters having more responsibility behind their actions, rather than being servants or pawns of higher powers like Shao Kahn and Quan Chi.

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/06/09/mortal-kombat-1-ps5-hands-on-report-and-ed-boon-qa/

I am liking Kitana's new moves.

Edited by AriesWarlock

Buddies Snackbox came today.

H0Fz5CF.jpg

I played with it for like 10 mins on SF6 then for like 20 mins later on with my buddy on SF2 on MAME.

It's going to take some time to learn this.  I'm trying to find some tutorials and stuff on the best approach to learn it and some of them help kind of get the right mindset.

I also think that if I get my own, I will be getting one with 30mm buttons on the right side and not the smaller 24mm ones.  It just feels very odd being so small and I am missing buttons presses because of the size difference.  I don't have huge hands or anything but I also don't have little hands.  I'm going to try out that Loki thing at some point on my current joystick to see how it feels with 30mm buttons and my button layout as well.

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

Buddies Snackbox came today.

H0Fz5CF.jpg

I played with it for like 10 mins on SF6 then for like 20 mins later on with my buddy on SF2 on MAME.

It's going to take some time to learn this.  I'm trying to find some tutorials and stuff on the best approach to learn it and some of them help kind of get the right mindset.

I also think that if I get my own, I will be getting one with 30mm buttons on the right side and not the smaller 24mm ones.  It just feels very odd being so small and I am missing buttons presses because of the size difference.  I don't have huge hands or anything but I also don't have little hands.  I'm going to try out that Loki thing at some point on my current joystick to see how it feels with 30mm buttons and my button layout as well.

How long did it take to receive yours after ordering it?

I've been wanting a JunkFood mini hitbox for years now, but every time I check their page it says all their inventory is only "AVAILABLE FOR PRE ORDER" and not just a straight up purchase. 

1 hour ago, B R O W N said:

How long did it take to receive yours after ordering it?

I've been wanting a JunkFood mini hitbox for years now, but every time I check their page it says all their inventory is only "AVAILABLE FOR PRE ORDER" and not just a straight up purchase. 

It's not mine it's my buddies.  He has had it for a while I believe.  He just shipped it to me from NY the other day so I can try it out and see if I wanna get my own.  If I do get my own I'm just going to build my own one from an empty case, Brooks UFB, buttons, etc.

30 minutes ago, purbeast said:

It's not mine it's my buddies.  He has had it for a while I believe.  He just shipped it to me from NY the other day so I can try it out and see if I wanna get my own.  If I do get my own I'm just going to build my own one from an empty case, Brooks UFB, buttons, etc.

So when's the "Purebox" going up for sale. Can I get Megashock Edition? 😉

42 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

So when's the "Purebox" going up for sale. Can I get Megashock Edition? 😉

Hah by "build one" I just mean I'll get a case off of Etsy and stuff.  I already talked to one guy who sells em for $70 and he said he can do a custom layout for me to match the button layout on my current stick since it's not a "standard" layout.

Kmqzz6K.jpg

It's going to be pricey though.  The cost of just the PS5 guts alone is $130.  Then $70 for the case, and still gotta buy all the buttons, and even though I have a bunch of wires, I'd probably just buy pre-made wires with the headers crimped on for the ease of use.  So I wanna be sure I want to actually make one before I do it since it's going to be a decent investment.

13 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

https://twitter.com/KamurochoBros/status/1667290810352541696?s=20

Unfortunately, Like A Dragon Gaiden will NOT have a physical release! 

I have Yakuza 0-6 on PS4. It would have been nice to have one last Kiryu Chan game on disc.

Don't lose hope, there maybe a Asia region physical release. Asia region games have the English localization. I'd check Play Asia at some point to see for sure.

So...just yesterday while playing D4 with a friend, I brought up how it was disappointing that the necro's ultimate abilities don't include something shadow/darkness related, since that's the focus of my character....and then today I found a legendary/aspect that changes the Blood Wave and Bone Storm ultimates into darkness powers...hell yeah that got equipped asap.  It's such a cool thing when a certain character concept happens to also be quite effective on top of just being cool and fun to play... so now my ultimate is a swirling storm of darkness, usually while a pool of blight is on the ground and the corpse tendrils pull enemies into the darkness.

I'm only just now hitting level 50 so I'm into the paragon points now.  ha, I've only finished Act 1 as of today.  

**One problem with this necro darkness build though... I hate that in co-op play this is potentially annoying for the others in the group....since they apparently didn't think to turn down the opacity of this effect on the other players' screens.  When you keep up with the "miasma"/darkness corpse explosions, that area on screen gets continually darker until you can't see much of anything within the effect.  It's pretty awesome imo and I can still operate just fine with that going on but I'd understand this being a problem for the others in a group.  Perfect fix would be to make this slightly transparent from the perspective of other players, much like with minions and summons. (*on your screen, summons look normal, but on your friend's screen they will look "ghostly" transparent)

Edited by MillionX